It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible and the war against God's true and only work.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarlboroRedCowgirl
The Bible is God's word.

Not trying to be rude, but No it's not. It's the word of SOME ancient Men (so-called prophets).

The Bible is the only piece of prophetic writing that is 100 percent accurate.

If you truly understood the History of the World, you would then understand how completely insane that sounds.

Those of you looking for evidence should research the messianic prophecy in the book of Daniel.

Why? It's just more reckless prophecy written down by Man.

Jews are God's chosen people.

Yeah, That's what they say. However, I thought all Men were created equal?

I once heard a pastor made the statement that antisemitism is inherent in the heart of a sinful man. Interesting interpretation.

That Pastor needs a padded room and a straight jacket.

This is why it's important for believers to keep updated on the political situation in Israel.

What puzzles me about folks like yourself is how you completely ignore the fact that Christ was crucified by the Jews and Romans? You people also ignore the fact that your New Testament repeatedly condems the Jews.

So, If your Bible is really as you say "the only piece of prophetic writing that is 100 percent accurate", than your entire belief system is nothing more than a contradiction. Can't you see that? It's what woke me up decades ago. The Universe is God. ~SheopleNation

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Vsc1981

You see the bible is God's work. We all know that.

No, we don't all know that. In fact many of us know it's the work of men.

How can you expect people to read your entire post when you open with "We all know that" and that in itself is not true?

Thanks but no thanks.

Peace

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

So I take it you're agreeing with me that the only pagan part of Christian Easter, is the name then?
I see nothing there that says that any of the icons you mentioned were Christian icons, or were injected into religion at any point.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

o Man...you were the second post , man.....proof.....

Dude , the details foretold in the Scrptures beforehand...say no more....

one has to read the book to see it spiritually
the prophets wrote over 300 detailed prophecies...
most have 5-9 details about them....half have come to pass.....you have to read it to see it's entire story ( His story)

edit on 13-3-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Hawkeye's cool .!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by denynothing
reply to post by SaturnFX

Adam and Eve were booted from heaven because God specifically told them to not eat from the tree,

Tree of what?
Tree of chocolate bars?
Tree of happy thoughts?
What was the fruit? What would they gain if they ate the fruit?

Its the same with the tower of Babel,

Did God say specifically "Oi, Don't build a tower here! sinkholes...
nope
What did he say to the other gods (...) about the tower?
There was no warning, no forbidding..this was a omg, they are coming close to us...quick, smash it and make em stupid!

it has nothing to do with intelligence or anything else you are trying to argue.

If you don't see the destruction and forbidding of knowledge, and self determination of our species by our own free will as a supression of knowledge and free will, then..well
tell you what
destroy your books, destroy your computer, and forget your language...then tell me (in I don't know..smoke signals I suppose) how well your intellectual persuits are going.

Your specifically leaving out key discussion points here to push a belief...if your god has integrity, he would be scowling at your dishonest method at defending him.

I reject this deity if the bible as written in the stores today is the correct story
and I reject the believers as they are simply unquestioning slaves.

If this is how the universe works, I will gladly spend an eternity with satan in a brotherhood realizing how pathetic the deity is and how childish his behavior is..free will my arse.
now go run and pray...don't let anything I say even touch your critical thinking...that is being a bad slave.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I respect you and know you are a thinking person.
So I won't get too much into a debate of religion with you...you know what you read, you know how to someone whom is not loaded with faith, how absurd many/much/most of the old testament sounds.

So, I will ask you this then.

What is your view on the literal translation projects going on now that appear to both be a more accurate representation of what the language truely says, but more importantly, gives a more logical story being uncovered (if completely opposite of the normal modern day kjv style OT)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST

Any reason you gave me this post twice?

Should I also repeat the same response I gave to it initially?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

Originally posted by reitze

Originally posted by petrus4
We don't persecute Christians because we're evil.

We do it because you're obnoxious, and generally behave in the exact opposite manner, of the man whose name you use.

Exactly, its the hypocrisy stupid. Got a brain? READ THE BOOK, read other books. Then you might be able to represent some of what Jesus stood for rather than the opposite of Jesus's intent. Its' being used to enslave people into cults like Jim Jones and David Koresh, Catholicism, and so-on.

I've been to dozens of churches - and NONE of them seem to stay Godly for very long. The best one yet is a tiny little thing where the leader isn't trying to grow - its more like a little social club. It seems the church-model struggles where the "biggest turds float to the top of the ses pool".

BTW, the Koran starts off with rule after rule too - its another doctrine to enslave people. Another "whore of babylon" so to speak. That book is no where near as good of an education as the bible - but more effective for creating slaves.

Also, now that we got NDAA the days are short where a statement of faith is more than a statement of compliance with a religiously motivated satanic govt (what religion is Obama? really? ???).

[innuendo's intended]

I myself am a theist... I believe Jesus was the son of God. I don't go around attacking religion plain and simply because of the fact that there is much more wrong doing going on in the world right now real time such as dictators and the likes.

There is plenty of other bad karma going around on the planet to even consider the the multiple houses of worship and beliefs of the world. There are only a few left who are in control of anything like a nation which have corrupted their theism and used it against their people to enslave them rather than to free.

eventually...

I myself was raised athiest, had "experiences" in 1994, read 500 books by 1999 when I read the bible cover to cover. I can't tell you if it was fiction or not - but the history of how it got together suggests that. I can also say that like a good fiction novel with a gr8 hearo, Jesus transformed the story into my heart. Meanwhile I've been bullied by many religious fanatics and don't mind demonstrating the depth of their depravity via thier own doctrine.

As for me I HOPE in Jesus as the best hero I've yet learned about and endeaver to support that cause. Churches have been a very difficult cult zone where over and over they've demonstrated evil instead of open kindness. I still try for my wife's sake - but that's quite a challenge too. She's to willing to buy into the satanic have-to=0-cant binary mindedness of slavery. Hope that helps. Watch out for the preecher man.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I reject this deity if the bible as written in the stores today is the correct story
and I reject the believers as they are simply unquestioning slaves

that is subjective isn't it? some may say they have been where you are and you may have just not posed the right questions yet.

to each his own...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

reply to post by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST

Any reason you gave me this post twice?

Should I also repeat the same response I gave to it initially?

no you don't need to respond i was just showing how you misquoted me

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Adam and Eve were booted from heaven because God specifically told them to not eat from the tree, Tree of what? What was the fruit? What would they gain if they ate the fruit?

"Don't touch the tree of knowledge; unless you had your second birth first; meaning in contrast you had your first non physical death already. Don't touch knowledge unless you are ready for it & able to handle the responsibility of knowledge. With knowledge comes great responsibility."

There is a veil that covers the eyes of man creating an illusion to the things we cannot see...

Quotes from the film "Lady in the Water":

"There is so much more to this world but without removing the veil one may not ever see it. But man has forgotten how to listen. The awakening of man will only happen when man begins to listen to his creator. You have a purpose. All beings have a purpose."

Lady in the Water - Prologue

A comment @ youtube: "F******** BEAUTIFUL!!!!! So much truth in this, it gives me goosebumps"

edit on 13-3-2012 by Murgatroid because: Added link & comment

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Fine the tree they couldn't eat was an apple tree, with the fruit bore the knowledge of Good and Evil. They were forbidden from eating from the tree of Good and Evil. So I don't get your suppression of knowledge argument, the whole thing was a test of faith and obedience. God gave the Garden and every other possible thing they could want, except the knowledge of evil. After the consumption of the fruit, the knowledge of evil swept throughout the land. It was a perfect existence before the consumption of the fruit. So if you want to argue the God kept the knowledge of evil from man then fine, but it was because we were not created to be evil.

No God does not specifically say do not build a tower to my dwelling, cool you win that argument. The Tower of Babel again though had nothing to do with knowledge it was man's sense of pride that caused the Tower to be built. Think of it essentially a monument to sin, they challenged God by building the tower to promote themselves not God. He destroyed it so as a monument could not be seen. God in the bible is higher than man, he created us he gets that right. We are children in our faith and he is the father and when you are a child you listen to your parents. However sometimes you can be rebellious, but your parents put a stop to that. That is the same idea here, God the father is above us and put a stop to a rebellious behavior.

I know you and I will not see eye to eye on this and that is fine, but one day instead of thinking of all the things you think God has done to check the growth of your intelligence or curb the growth of man's intelligence. Think maybe of what God has done for you in your life positively.

P.S. How do you make multiple quotes?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

and I reject the believers as they are simply unquestioning slaves

that is subjective isn't it? some may say they have been where you are and you may have just not posed the right questions yet.

to each his own...

Subjective? Of course..its my view, hense why I say I verses We.

And..erm...I was actually quite the theist and was considering priesthood during my schoolyears.
I was that dude in class that actually was asking 200 questions a day in religion class (went to catholic school, what of it).

See, here is the thing, I have always wanted to know the truth..and initially I thought the truth was simply a religion...
When I hit the Jr High and High School area...things clashed. science class became more and more in depth, and religion started looking curiously lacking.

I have been where theists are. I also know now that I simply feared learning, because everytime I learned something that goes against the bible, I questioned the bibles magical story more and more..and purposefully would not even attempt to understand things for awhile. I was completely disingenious and a fake posing as a believer.

That is my subjective experience. and I broke the chains of religion in time, and now feel free in thought to actually start understanding this universe...and who knows..I may come full circle and start recognizing a deity much greater than I initially started, or not..but it is only by me removing the collar of my former religion that allowed me to explore my real connection to this universe.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

we believe you and we are here to help... just ask anything and please be civil.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST

Originally posted by DarthOej

Originally posted by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST
welcome to Ats. where the bible believers are ridiculed , hated, censored,and despised.
some people even say Islam is a more peaceful religion. some are so ignorant as to say Jesus never existed

most have been brainwashed threw the school system to believe a theory Charles darwin did not fully believe himself.

buckle up is gonna be a good ride.---another thing people here are highly taught by david ike and texxe marrs to believe "reptilians" are at the top of the pyramid
.,and to hate the Jewish state of Israel and to blame everything on the "Zionist"while the real elite get no attention.

everything you said is on point. but as Christians some times we shall do as Jesus said and not throw our pearls(Christs teachings) at swine or pigs (yea this is how Jesus referred to you brainwashed people)--

we are not here to convert the world, some times we should keep our treasures to ourselves.
God bless you brother.

as for proof the bible is the inerrant word of GOD and from outside our time domain...........

The arrogance of this post is staggering.

Point 1: There are smart, open-minded people who understand that there are other beliefs and ways of thinking than their own. There are also paranoid, narrow-minded people. People like you who see any difference of belief or opinion as an attack. You claim that you are hated, ridiculed, and despised, yet you shamelessly refer to other people as swine.

Point 2
ut Islam and Christianity side by side, and look at all of the atrocities committed by both since their founding. How many crusades and genocides have been waged in the name of Atheism, or people who don't follow organized religion?

"most have been brainwashed threw the school system to believe a theory Charles darwin did not fully believe himself." I especially love this one. Isn't that all your Bible is?

Yes you are not here to convert the world. You are entitled to believe what you want to believe. You and others like you shouldn't present those beliefs as absolute truth and expect not to be challenged. I think thats the whole issue with your ilk, you get challenged and that upsets you.

no sir.-- what does upset me is that when I SEE a THREAD about ALIENS,NiBURU,2012 HIGHER AWAKENING
HOLLOW EARTH THEORY,OR REPTILIANS I DONT CLICK ON THAT B.$ - BECAUSE I DONT BELIEVE IN THOSE TECHINGS --------SO WHY DO YALL CLICK ON THESE BIBLICAL THREADS AND EXPECT US TO PUT ASIDE OUR THEOLOGICAL ARGUMENTS TO TRY AND CONVINCE YOU THAT OUR HEVENLY FATHER EXIST.????-- IF YOU DONT WANNA HEAR ABOUT OUR TEACHINGS AND BELIEVES WHY VISIT THIS THREAD.IN THE FIRST PLACE ???

This proves my point exactly. You surround yourself in a bubble and block out everything that doesn't support your views.

I check out every thread I can even if I don't agree with the message because I am interested in what other people have to say. A lot of the things posted here seem pretty wild and outlandish, but I look anyway because I might learn something. I think that's the whole point of being a member here.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Subjective? Of course..its my view

obviously sfx you are down to only your insults being quotable.

I believe so... you can talk yourself blue in the face and the believers are not going to doubt one instance specially on one mans word alone... and not too friendly of one at that!

edit on 13-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by stainlesssteelrat

I can't argue with that honestly, because I've wondered how Cain ended up having children myself. The best I can say is that Cain ended up marrying one of his sisters. But he had to because Adam and Eve were the only people around that could actually produce children. So to stay in the blood-line of Adam he had to marry a sister, because there were simply not any other people around at that time.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
May G_D bless you for bringing His light to this forum.
As you read, there are many that desire to extinguish this torch of truth.
As valet an effort, remember Matthew 7:6
Peace be with you.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I have observed one reason why Christian missionaries have been so successful thru-out time... They are sure nice and like to teach information and share it, most empathetic imo.

feeding people helps too, food is a very powerful political tool...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by SplitInfinity

So I take it you're agreeing with me that the only pagan part of Christian Easter, is the name then?
I see nothing there that says that any of the icons you mentioned were Christian icons, or were injected into religion at any point.

I never said that Baskets with grass and eggs and chicks and bunnies had anything to do with CHRISTIANITY! I said they were Pagan Holiday Practices for Fun for the coming of Spring and Celebration of the end of Winter.

I was just showing people how strong the Celebrationatory Traditions were installed into people to the point that we still to this day.....Give Kids Baskets with Eggs...chocolate Bunnies now days...and Egg Hunts which were apart of games for children to find Eggs....hidden in the grass and around an area...that is still practiced to this day...even though it is all from a Pagan Holiday....Celebration of the Fertility Godess Ester.
Split Infinity

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join