It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible and the war against God's true and only work.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Vsc1981

I think the bible, which is a collation of works by multiple authors, deemed acceptable for public consumption by the authorities in charge of the day is divinely inspired. That is not to say that other works by other authors were not. They were not deemed "fit" is all.

I want to add that Gods work can never be limited to a book when he is the creator of all things and his work is always in progress. He writes upon the hearts of man, although not strictly as visible as ink, makes it no less his handiwork.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
If you are to build a successful society then, one requires rules.

Those who break the rules - what does one do with these? They are either educated to do what is right, or they are pulled out as detrimental to that society's arrangement or punished based on the severity of the breaking of rules.

Jesus contended that he would return. Is he returning for perfect people? Not in my understanding. Who is Jesus? When Jesus first arrived, he was a leader of people. He wasn't a carpenter. He wasn't a hunter. He wasn't a tax collector. The perfect kind of individual to head a society that works. It is at a time he is most needed that he returns - and he contends that he is a "Noah" type individual - likely because those who run the planet, haven't put the best interests of the common (as well as those who are good) people at heart. "The shepherds efface the paths you ought to follow": Isaiah.

He said that the foundation of a successful society is based on the principle "Love your neighbour as yourself".

If you think about it this is the basis for trust. If you didn't believe that the people you worked and lived with had your best interests at heart - how can you work alongside them? In addition, you need to know that the people you live and work with work with reason (the basis of wisdom - though reason is just a starting point, as Solomon expounds).

We are also beginning to understand that the world we live in is shared. If we weren't interested in sharing with each other - how can we live on this planet? Part of the arrangement of sharing resources is finding the means to distribute money to people who are in need. (this is a politically explosive topic on its own).

Perhaps more to come...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Vsc1981

okay, but even if god knows the past present and future, what GOOD can god accomplish? Appart from some lame ass miracles that only helped a FEW people with their efforts and, in most cases, in so doing damned and sacrificed/slaughtered many more, what good has this great, glorious, all-mighty, omnipotent god done to positively help ANYthing within this reality? From the subatomic through the inorganic to the conscious mind, what has this great fairytale done to help? please enlighten us.

As a human, with a right to ponder on this reality, I enjoy a form of spirituality; in the sense that I should at least try to remind myself, as often as possible, that the best thing I can do is to remind my self to strive for what is positive.
I do however learn to accept the bad, make the best attempt to turn it 'round, you know, 'make the best of it' as they say.
I dunno, I just expect that if there was this great god being, he would have done a better job... so's that I wouldn't lose pondering time on why there's so much icky stuff in the world, or the universe for that matter... so much to harm us.

i mean #!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vsc1981
I grant you most atheist have never pick a bible up. But yet they want to claim they don't believe. Who cares what people think? And thats what their worried about. What people will think of them. Oh they'll think I'm stupid or I'm weak or I'm a loser or I'm a wimp. I say owell cause I've m8 Jesus

That is a garbage statement and a complete lie based on ignorance. Almost every atheist I know (including myself) were once believers from a religious background. I was when they took the blinders off, and stopped the worrying and fear that religion produces that they were able to realize that your book is a fairy tale.

I have read the bible, I happen to think that there are some parts of it that give some great philosophy to live by. I don't however believe in God. Your idea that atheists don't know the bible is rubbish, and insulting. I think it is more likely you who have refused to open your mind to anything outside your little fairy tale world.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Kyobosha

Doesn't seek like you research into your evidence much but I could be wrong. All I know is that almost every thread here is subject to debate and should be researched thoroughly by both sides.

I do friend, I do. That's not it, what it is, some do not wish to know these things about their belief, faith, dogma, holy book. I research from All sides, front, back, both sides, and middle, not to mention, on some subject matter, things are still speculative, as you said about the Jesus tomb controversy. Of course their is controversy, the Church would pay millions, and even kill to keep it hidden if the bones were positively identified. I tend, knowing of James Cameron, to think the bones are real, and it is covered up for money, or through fear. Like a great many other things.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

But you have to agree that in your hearts you always feel Jesus tugging at it.

No, I really don't feel Jesus tugging at anything... Don't tell me what I have to agree with as if you know how others feel. If your religious convictions make you sleep better at night then that is great, but don't tell me or anyone else what we have to feel just because you do.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Oh puhleze. War against the Bible ... That's like a war against a cartoon.

We just want you myth believers to leave us alone. Stop trying to push you infantile theocratic BS on us and believe what idiocy you want.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Vsc1981

You see, your argument is flawed because there is no god.
Are you living with your head in the sand???

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I'm new to ATS and so far I've enjoyed it. The motto for ATS is deny ignorance and I recently came across some ignorance from some people on ATS. You see the bible is God's work. We all know that. Its what He had people of His choosing to write so it could be preached and taught to the whole world so that His most loved creation could learn of Him and worship Him. So they could know of His commandments and follow them. And also to prepare for the second coming of Jesus. To warn of impending disasters to befall man and destroy His creation earth. He wants us to love and obey Him, and to fear Him. Not to worship false gods or prophets. To believe in only Him and only His word. Now these people that i mentioned seem to think that there is these other books that would have God contradicting Himself. Saying things like Jews aren't God's chosen people and He didn't give the land of Israel to the Jews. So i guess I'm just looking for some support on these issues.

What's more important? God or the bible? Not sure? Pray for an answer.

God's word is not a book. God's word is God's word. Quote Jesus not the bible.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sensibleSenseless

It is a socio-biological experiment, as postulated/philosophised by Mitchell Heisman, as are most great books of wisdom ( or at least most of them tend to want to impart a sort of social reasoning).

I personally feel that 'god' is reality from the deepest point upwards. We should be effing grateful for the lives we experience! for we know not anything else dear brothers and sisters. This may not be IT, but it's IT for now. NO one wants to live in a world were we stab each other in the back, but here we are.. lets GET OVER IT. we're all merely human, after all.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST
welcome to Ats. where the bible believers are ridiculed , hated, censored,and despised.

At least in their mind.

all those Christians in your statistics are like the crypo-jews, they just claim the name. it is easy to tell. Christianity is a way of life not a label you can wear. it is a personal relationship with Christ.
i can tell you the real church is much smaller than that, but i don't need to prove any thing. there is however a plot from the satanic elite to slowly unite all religions, governments,and to abolish culture,..they have infiltrated most of the large part of the mainstream Christians. most of TBN. there is plan for the systematic destruction of Christianity from within. just like with America...----those who oppose the new world will be wiped off the map.
most that say they hate the elite or illuminati will gladly recieve the mark of the beast in order to buy or sell anything.*imagine*- the average idiot can not live without their f* phone .. not if but when this comes to pass people will be begging for the new world order to save them.

edit on 13-3-2012 by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The bible is NOT God's work. Even the people who believe in The Bible says that it was Inspired by God, not written, and you know humans make mistakes and cover up the truth with their own belief systems, so even if The Bible were inspired it'll be hard to separate the absolute truth with human beliefs.

The Bible is not a book, it is many books. Some of these books were kicked out of The Bible because they didn't win the vote when people voted for which books were inspired from God. Some books were added in MUCH later.

Even if The Bible was inspired by God 100% perfectly, all of the original books of The Bible are GONE! We only have COPIES and we KNOW that changes have happened since then. There are even forgeries in The Bible such as The Gospel of Mark chapter 16:19 and on. Those verses were not in the older copies so it was added later.

There are also contradictions. Such as, Judas committing suicide by hanging himself after betraying Jesus [Matt 27:5], Judas committing suicide by falling down to the ground with his bowels splattering [Acts 1:18], God does not repent since he is not a human and he is perfect [Numbers 3:19], and God does repent [Jeremaih 18:8]

Just read The Bible on this website, and it'll point out all of the contradictions in the bible. Click.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Vsc1981

Are you a new believer in the faith? Have you come to faith in Jesus as your Lord and Saviour recently?
Not trying to be funny, just curious that's all.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Kyobosha

Ah, the queen of heaven. Mentioned twice in the book of Jeremiah, but if you put those references in context you will find they are speaking of the pagan idol Ashtoreth not God himself.

Hmmm....God and Goddess, husband and wife, and yet one is real, while the other simply an Idol? Where, pray tell, do ideas like this come from? Pagans do not have "Idols," Christians have an Idol, in the Crucified Jesus. They worship this Idol, and Idolize it, calling it God.
What things does God do for us? The Mother provides, friend. We all came from the Mother, through the Waters, males cannot give birth.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

what about the other disciples?
Rome did not like what the othere 7 disciples wrote.
Rome only let 4 disciples wright in the Bible.
and they did a lot of editing of it.
and in the years that follow rome is Still editing the bible.

Hai.
Just a couple of points (of which I myself have only recently come to awareness):
The 4 Gospels were (presumably) Apostles....a few of the original "12". The "disciples" were a rung under the apostles....there were about 70 of them.

Recent research I've done suggests that Mark is actually the most "contemporary" (as in, the one closest in time to the events themselves) of the 4 Gospels. And this is ignoring the Nag Hammadi texts.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Vsc1981

Read my post here I made a while back. It will explain some things. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also watch minister Bennett on his youtube channel www.youtube.com...

edit on 13-3-2012 by Seektruthalways1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

So, step 1. Admit you are ignorant...know your flaws, because only when you accept your flaws can you take measures to slowly try and correct them.

Perfect.
Just wanted to chime in there...... we are so rudimentary in our knowledge of the "real" that is (so far) beyond "explanation."

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetstuff

Jesus please save me from your followers who are so stuck up their own self righteous.....blank....that they cannot see that you did not preach judgement, hate or damnation, matter of fact, those were all attributed to human beings who wrote in a collection of books that eventually turned into the 'bible'...

Exactly!
Just wanted to star you, and I'm presuming you won't mind if I quote and publish again what you said.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaehne

Actually you're wrong about Constantine (Council of Nicea) changing or removing any texts/scriptures from the Bible..trust me, I'm a student of such and used to--just like you---go around spouting that the Nicean Council removed writings about reincarnation etc--I blathered on about how 1st century church father, the persecuted Origen-- was a proponent of reincarnation--in fact his own writings show he denied it (google it for yourself), although he did claim 'pre-existance' of the soul.

But as to the Council reshaping, deleting or changing the texts, there's not a shred of historical evidence for that. The subject of the Council of Nicea was concerned with Christ's true 'nature'...that is, was He the "Son" of God or was He in substance God incarnate?

"The main theological issue and focus (of the Nicean Council) had always been about Christ. Since the end of the Apostolic Age and beginning of the Church Age, saints began questioning, debating, fighting, and separating over the question, “Who is the Christ?” Is He more divine than human or more human than divine? Was Jesus created / made or begotten? Being the Son of God, is He co-equal and co-eternal with Father God, or less and lower in status than the Father? Is the Father the One and only True God, or are the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit the One true God? “True God of True God,” “One Being, Three Persons”, a tri-unity called “Trinity”? Jesus said, “Who do you say that I am?”

THIS was the primary focus--there is NOT a single molecule of historic data that records this gathering was to change, filter or remove scripture.

Instead, beyond the central focus/question of Christ' true nature--it was a mix of topics--such as Constantine decree of this type of exotica:

"If anyone shall anywhere in the Roman Empire after this decree make eunuchs, he shall be punished with death. If the owner of the place where the deed was perpetrated was aware of it and hid the fact, his goods shall be confiscated."(Const. M. 0pera. Migne Patrol. vol. viii., 396.)

But see for yourself --you will not find the "dastardly" remaking of the Christian scriptures so often misrepresented by flaky, but far reaching sources--here is the comprehensive record: www.fordham.edu...

***If you can find information to contradict what I've written (other than vaguely--or not at all-- referenced metaphysical sites or Shirley McClaine), please post it here.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Honestly I don't understand how people can blindly follow a book, fair enough it may have some good morals or values but seriously how do you even know it is "Gods Work"
Why do you follow something blindly that has been edited as it has been passed down, and been responsible for wars and destruction?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join