It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible and the war against God's true and only work.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vaehne
reply to post by Vsc1981

Is the Bible you refer to here the original work or the currently 'accepted' version approved by Emperor Constantine and the Council of Nicea?

You realize you're not even talking about reality right? The Council at Nicea never discussed the books of the Bible. It was primarily called to address the Arian heresy.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by scooter3200

Vivekananda, a wise man from India, once said: "God comes down to earth to found a religion. And the devil follows right behind to organize it."

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vsc1981
I'm new to ATS and so far I've enjoyed it. The motto for ATS is deny ignorance and I recently came across some ignorance from some people on ATS. You see the bible is God's work. We all know that. Its what He had people of His choosing to write so it could be preached and taught to the whole world so that His most loved creation could learn of Him and worship Him. So they could know of His commandments and follow them. And also to prepare for the second coming of Jesus. To warn of impending disasters to befall man and destroy His creation earth. He wants us to love and obey Him, and to fear Him. Not to worship false gods or prophets. To believe in only Him and only His word. Now these people that i mentioned seem to think that there is these other books that would have God contradicting Himself. Saying things like Jews aren't God's chosen people and He didn't give the land of Israel to the Jews. So i guess I'm just looking for some support on these issues.

You may be in for a rude awakening here on ATS. You see, when something like this ends up on the front page of the site, you're bound to not only get supporters but also skeptics and non believers that will dispute your claims. I hope you're ready for that.

Attacking non believers is easy but it's also just as easy to say that this phrase in itself, "You see the bible is God's work. We all know that", is full of ignorance. There is no proof that the bible is the work of god. All you have is here say and second hand claims from mere mortals who simply wrote words on paper for all to follow. Actually, Christianity is founded on second hand information and heresay. There's no way of getting around that.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peloquin
reply to post by scooter3200

Vivekananda, a wise man from India, once said: "God comes down to earth to found a religion. And the devil follows right behind to organize it."

God came to down to give us freedom and men formed a religion around it to control the freedom.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Well. well…the fight is ON! To those who are believers, can we expect anything different?

To each his own though: God isn't legislating anyone's morality and/or belief.

What I find funny, however, are some of the folk posting here with a true malformed vehemence against Christianity that have some pretty far-out beliefs of their own.

We have everyone from alien contactees to Wiccans to self-professed aliens to Lightworkers to Star Children to ??? spouting hatred and--in some cases--easily determined falsehoods.

I have a good mind to start picking some of y'all out and referencing your own "out there" beliefs as posted other places on this board.

Most of the naysayers are prime candidates for the NWO. Tell them that Christianity and all other religious beliefs would be outlawed and they will line up to sign up…forgetting that they themselves have their own "religious" beliefs as it were.

I find the atheist--while seriously deluded--to be the most honest of the opposition here.

The OP may be a little naive (God bless the little naive children with pure hearts) but he/she did manage to make the rest of you non-believers--or maybe "doubters is the better word--push this OP to one of the most discussed topics going today.

Good job, OP. Good job doubters.
Please realize, dissenters, how "Religious" thou art, too. Word.

The Bible isn't as vague as some of the cry-babies here assert. For example: Do you believe an NWO is in the works? You heard it where first? The Holy Bible, that's where.

Israel becomes a nation again??! What are the odds o' that?

But even more impressive than the multitudinous prophecies that NAIL the condition of our world today are the "uneducated sheepherders" that so many like to denigrate.

Imagine this: some 2,000 years ago these uneducated fisherman and sheepherders, prostitutes, and whatever, were not only a minority, but were beaten down about as low as one could go.

Their beloved "leader" had been brutally beaten and killed. They were scattered, afraid, and the subjects of persecution. And then…the promise. Something came on them that enabled them to set the World on fire and turn it upside-down.

Do the math, put it all together, shake off the desire to justify your sin…and pay attention to that still, small voice that nags you--and makes you a nag in rebellion--and find the most impressive work of truth that has ever been known: The Holy Bible.

Hey…I didn't wanna believe it either…but no other hypothesis fits the world we live in today better than the "overlay" we find in the Word.

Peace Y'all!
edit on 13-3-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Vsc1981

I don't have anything against Christianity. In fact, I don't enjoy seeing people attack it, but that's their choice. However, I grew up a Christian and slowly came to the belief that the Bible is nothing but a Fairy tale written by Man. The only God is the Universe. ~SheopleNation

edit on 13-3-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Maybe you should read your Old Testament entirely if you haven't done so. It is a blood testament!!! Seems like the "gods" of most ancient religions have an affinity to blood, body parts and burnt offerings! Wake up friend.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Seems I'm late to the thread but good to see the title is debunked. E=MC^2, now there's another good work by God inspired into a man's mathematics.

Exclusivity in bible-thumping is BS. Reading it cover-to-cover may give you a sense of history of this world with the struggle of Good V Evil - and once you get that, Jesus's words restore hope to this otherwise hopeless world. So its a great read - like a fictional novel where the hero can transform the story into your heart. There's a lot of truth to it regardless of how it was put together by the Romans to create a slavery system which continues to this day, the "Whore of Babylon" and the political class

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Has anyone else asked themselves WHY the OP is being so viciously attacked?

Kennedy, Lincoln, and the Lord Jesus were silenced and slaughtered by the synagogue of satan only because they spoke the TRUTH. The money changers always HATE those who speak the TRUTH.

The OP is trying to warn others and save your freekin' LIFE just like JFK, Jesus and countless others before them have done. "But they cried, saying, crucify him, crucify him." Many of you here would probably crucify the OP if it were possible. Are you so BLIND that you would ATTACK someone trying to RESCUE you from danger?

It's TIME TO “WAKE-UP!” and Understand that WE have A L L been Massively LIED TO and DECEIVED!!

The single most important thing you can come away with is this: ALL of us are being LIED to on an unimaginable scale by "the synagogue of satan" AKA the illuminati. The deception is so massive and complete that many who are totally searching for answers are BLINDED completely.

Religion is the WORST thing that has ever happened to this world; countless billions of souls have been doomed to Hellfire by false religion. I didn’t say Jesus Christ, I said RELIGION. Lucifer is HIDING behind false religions today. All false religions are Illuminati created and/or infiltrated.

"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which DECEIVETH the whole world..."

"We will know that we have succeeded when everything the public believes is false" ~ CIA Director William Casey

Posts such as this: "HAHAHAHA this thread is laughable at best!!!" are simply more proof that they HAVE indeed succeeded

"The Matrix is everywhere. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to BLIND you from the T R U T H."

"Oh Mortal Man, is there nothing you cannot be made to believe?" ~ Adam Weishaupt

"Surely the Lord GOD will do NOTHING, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets."

God ALWAYS warns his people before judgement and that is exactly what the OP is doing here today.

Nita Johnson
"...years ago the Angel of the Lord came into my living room where I was writing and said: “The New World Order: if you are not a New World man, you had best be saved, as it will cost you your life.”

"...while in prayer I found myself sitting with the Lord on a high mountain range, He then looked at me in a way that indicated “listen to me carefully” and said, NO MORE DELAYS ARE POSSIBLE, the day of the Lord is at hand. Tell my people time is running out the night is far spent.” (Neville Johnson) NO MORE DELAYS ARE POSSIBLE

"...I am one of the two angels that was sent out to spy Sodom and Gomorrah. And I have been sent here to spy out the city and pour this vial of judgment upon the city. Tear your inner heart! And turn back to God with weeping, with fasting, with repentance." (Angel speaking to Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj PROPHETIC MESSAGE TO THE CHURCH

Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj: "Earthquakes have been appointed by the decree of the watchers” "I hear the Spirit of the Lord speaking many more great earthquakes are going to come upon the face of this world such as the world has never seen before, not since the time of Peleg” (earthquakes divided the continents during the days of Peleg, Genesis 10:25) (excerpt from video @ 1 HR – 18 MIN) Open Heavens Prophetic Conference

Sundar Selvaraj: As I was praying, an angel of the Lord appeared to me. And the angel I recognized was the same angel I saw, I think in the year 2000… the chief prince angel of the United States of America. And he visited me that morning, and he told me Obama will be elected to office. I was shocked. I said, “That’s not what we want.” … Then he said, “Days of captivity are appointed for this nation, and he is the man who will carry it out.” … And I pleaded with the angel; I said, “Look, how can that be? What about all the prayers that are going on in this nation?” (Although largely the church doesn’t pray, there are pockets of people who sincerely take hold of God here and there and there.) He looked at me with, I don’t want to use the word amused look, but, the look on his face was like he didn’t believe what I was saying. He said, “You don’t know what is actually going on in the Christian tradition in this nation. They don’t actually pray, taking hold of God, but they are just playing church, playing praying. And he said, “This is the message I want you to bring to the church: days of captivity.”
Days of Captivity

"Life's most persistent and urgent question is, "What are you doing for others?"
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." MLK, Jr.

edit on 13-3-2012 by Murgatroid because: Changed quotes & added links to sources

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
We don't persecute Christians because we're evil.

We do it because you're obnoxious, and generally behave in the exact opposite manner, of the man whose name you use.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The bible could have been made by the elite to keep order. If I told you when you died that was it, you would probably want to go out in a ball of flame. Religon is good for govt. because it gives hope and meaning. If they told you it was a made up story your values in life would change. Most likely why I have valued time above everything else for bout 8 months now. I'm aware that it is the most important thing without it nothing exists.

As moriison said I don't know about the rest of you but I'm gonna get my kicks before the whole # house goes up in flames!
edit on 13-3-2012 by zeusorion because: error

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Vsc1981

complete nonsense...

why would god write a book?

that is a ridiculous notion..

you obviously embrace ignorance.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST

all those Christians in your statistics are like the crypo-jews, they just claim the name.

Yes, I am well aware that the standard christian believes most of the other christians are christians in name only. its a very unifying standard of belief really.

l gladly recieve the mark of the beast in order to buy or sell

You have accepted your mark just fine
given the mark is actually an IP Address.

tap tap goes the stick in front of you, seeing what is ahead.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Why do we all possess this need "to know" and an even greater need to enlighten others
of that which "we know?" When the truth is, we know nothing...

We believe...
We have faith...
We feel in our hearts...

But we have no proof...
God is quiet...
And yet we are SO loud.

A few centuries ago the earth was believed to be flat, and the moon and the sun and the stars
revolved around us...revolved for us...for we were the center of the universe, and everything in it
was created solely for us. To speak against this belief was heresy and punishable by death.

But we didn't know then...and we don't know now.

We are not sure of the world around us, and it scares us. We fear our own mortality. We hope
that life is more than this sole human existence...and so we create saviors to ease our
worried minds. Then we hold them up and bolster them, so that others may be compelled to
believe as we believe, and in that action justify our beliefs to ourselves by the tenet of majority
consensus.

But it is all a sham...

And it is okay not to know...
It is okay to be unsure....

We may search for the truth and yet never find it...
It takes courage to be unsure...
It takes courage admit this weakness...

But we are all human animals...and that is our lot

edit on 13-3-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Probably because people are tired of Christian claims of spiritual exclusivity, and their deranged, schizoid world view in general terms. I know I am.

Kennedy, Lincoln, and the Lord Jesus were silenced and slaughtered by the synagogue of satan only because they spoke the TRUTH. The money changers always HATE those who speak the TRUTH.

This is one of the most devious and cruel things that Christians do to other people.

a] You equate yourselves with Christ, even though your own behaviour is generally completely the opposite.

b] When the rest of us complain about the fact that your behaviour is usually immoral, and the complete opposite of Christ's, as mentioned, you accuse us of being satanic, and say that criticising you equates to what was done to Jesus 2,000 years ago. It doesn't.

The OP is trying to warn others and save your freekin' LIFE just like JFK, Jesus and countless others before them have done.

He might think he's trying to save other people's lives. What he is actually trying to do, however, is to draft people into a cult, the end result of which, will be the same level of mental illness for them, that he likely suffers from himself.

"But they cried, saying, crucify him, crucify him." Many of you here would probably crucify the OP if it were possible. Are you so BLIND that you would ATTACK someone trying to RESCUE you from danger?

The OP isn't a victim here. Sorry. Neither are you. Anyone who stands up and tries to claim that Christianity is the ultimate authority over all human life, and that we're all going to Hell if we don't accept that, deserves every last one of the metaphoric rotten vegetables that are very predictably going to be thrown at them.

The "we're just trying to save you from the danger of Hell!" argument is complete BS. God is not a psychopath. The person who indoctrinated you with that particular lie might well have been, but God isn't.

It's TIME TO “WAKE-UP!” and Understand that WE have A L L been Massively LIED TO and DECEIVED!!

No arguments there, my friend. Absolutely none at all.

Religion is the WORST thing that has ever happened to this world; countless billions of souls have been doomed to Hellfire by false religion. I didn’t say Jesus Christ, I said RELIGION. Lucifer is HIDING behind false religions today. All false religions are Illuminati created and/or infiltrated.

a] I've said it before, and I will say it again. Satan gets far more airtime among so-called Christians, than he does among self-identifying Satanists. What's wrong with that picture?

b] The claim that, "Christianity is not a religion, but the TRUTH!" is, once again, garbage. Christianity not only most definitely is a religion, but in my observation, it actually contains the least amount of truth, of any religion out there. The entire line about Hell is a perfect example.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The problem with that is, you have to use the bible as a history book too. Everything in the Bible is true because God inspired it? Thats Bull#. I dont think the bible is any different from the Qu'ran or the Talmbut... Its a history book for the Hebrews that got used by Constantine to convert Pagans. Thats why christianity is Pagan. Not to mention Ancient Egypt. IDK, you cant take The Bible 100 % literal.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Vaehne
reply to post by Vsc1981

Is the Bible you refer to here the original work or the currently 'accepted' version approved by Emperor Constantine and the Council of Nicea?

You realize you're not even talking about reality right? The Council at Nicea never discussed the books of the Bible. It was primarily called to address the Arian heresy.

in regards to reality..

of course they discussed the books of the bible..

you just contradicted yourself in your haste to serve your own ego.

In 331 AD, Emperor Constantine ordered that an "ecumenical Bible" be written.

Eusebius rejected the deity of Christ and claimed that Christ was a created being.

This error, called the Arian heresy, is taught by the Roman Catholic Church.

ITS A BOOK IN THE CONSTANTINE BIBLE. That the Counsel discussed.

no wonder you so-called "christians" have 38,000 different denominations..

your all ignorant, blood drinking, flesh eating, fairy tale believing weirdos..

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

A day to God is a thousand years to man so the genesis story to the seventh day was seven thousand years.

I've been hearing this of late.....when dd this "theory" of the 1=1000 years come to pass?

I was raised as a WASP, and I don't recall this ever being taught in Sunday school, or anywhere else....

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vsc1981
Whats in my heart is true. Whats in my mind is left to question. Jesus Christ has my heart and therefore is true.

The job of one's heart is for pumping blood throughout the body and to the brain, so the brain can do its job of thinking. Jesus Christ has you brain, therefore in your opinion is true. A heart doesn't not use logic, whereas your brain does. Go whats within your brain and leave the heart to pump blood to the brain as it was meant to do.
If your brain is making you question things, then its because something doesnt seem right and the brain is doing its job to find a logical conclusion.
The Vatican are the upholders of the Bible, yet they sit on trillions of tax free money while more than half the world is starving. While this continues to happen, it would appear that those who uphold the Bible in its highest form don't seem to believe the message being spread from it !
The Vatican is now nothing more than a form of big business, when it should be a not-for-profit organization operating as a charity instead of a business. And where in the Bible does it say that the Vatican can operate at tax-free, while the everyday man that works for a living just to be able to survive has at least 33% of his pay taken ?
So the Vatican can have trillions of tax-free money, yet followers of the church that have already been taxed 30 odd percent are then "expected", not forced, but expected to donate money to their local preist when the plate gets passed around each week ?
I personally don't believe in any ONE Bible or any ONE religion, i just try and take the good points and logical reasons from all and try to live a decent, law-abiding life. But then again thats what the brain is for, and the heart is to pump blood to the brain so i can come to those decisions !

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

yes... I have observed here on ATS that in the religious sections here, this is a place to come for non-believers to "talk about it" The theist here and those with spirituality only defend...

But this is how people learn from eachother and I give it to the theist holding their ground with uneven numbers and also having more respect imo... I suspect the theist are maybe a more seasoned click if even by age.
edit on 13-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join