It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40 million girls missing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I think I have found a solution...If they could somehow find a way to lose 40 million boys, then problem solved...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
When a society devalues women, they devalue life itself.

Consider the perception of the average woman: gentle,caring, compassionant, empathetic, motherly. I know that's a sweeping statement and not all women fit this mold, but many do

Basically, a pro-male society that dominates and oppresses their women also projects the idea that those "womanly" traits are meaningless.

Think how society could change if it valued the feminine attributes.

Thank God I have a father who always made me feel loved and wanted. I cannot imagine what it would be like to live in such a situation.

S&F

I'm sure being a good daughter had something to do with it as well

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

i guess what im getting at is there would be a better outlook on women, thus increasing the female population if they wernt shady more often than not, but yes i love girls there assume, in all the ways a dude enjoys a female, and for there differnt perspectives and there over all pleasantness, i could do without there shadiness though.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by randyvs

I think this is less a case of treating girls like they are worth less and more a case of trying to keep their population under control. Think about it, a population of 1.1 billion people. That's a ridiculous percentage of the entire worlds population, considering there is only about 7 billion people on the planet.
edit on 8-3-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

Ya with that many people one would think they should've done something a long time ago. That is a mess of people.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Ya more woman watch TV programming. Almost all my male friends and I refuse to watch TV and give into manipulating celeb gossip. Im not saying all girls but more than guys buy the makeup glitter barbie dolls. I say don't blame the woman for failure in relationship blame the music and the icons the mind control.
edit on 8-3-2012 by GlobalControl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
i must say that as a male i am appalled at what i have just read is there any hope for this wicked world GRRRRR !1

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Yeah, unfortunately you are correct. Girls are being aborted across the world where it is less desirable to have a female child. The number is probably fairly high, and this uneven birth ratio results in some places in China where men cannot find wives. 80 million *is* probably a conservative number if you are counting all of the aborted women as well as the ones involved in human trafficking...

About abortion... I'm not religious, and I used to support abortions, but one day I thought to myself... abortions are killing people who would probably grow up to be citizens in society. If you value human life, you should find that at least kind of messed up.

I don't have a problem with contraceptives, or even the morning after pill though, also I am sure there are situations where abortions would be a good idea, such as when the mother's life is in danger. And there are those that argue that legal abortions are safer than ones done on the street.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The worst mistakes you make are usually the hardest lessons learned. Maybe I am wrong, but when they get to the point of understanding what is happening, they may step back and kick their selves in the a$$ and start treating the women like the princess's they are. What are they thinking? If all the women are gone, who are they going to have to pull the covers over next time they fart?
Sorry about the joke, but sometimes I do that when I can't do anything about the situation. It is bad times. Seems as if it's getting worse everyday.

Great thread Randy.

edit on 8-3-2012 by Microscopictopic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
If you are concieved female in India you are most likely to be aborted. The ratio between boys and girls in some areas is 300 girls to 1000 boys.This is a country of 1.1 billion people and one town is even known as " The village with no women ". This is Indias deadly secret and I think it should be shared here at ATS.

Above Top Secret

40 million girls missing
This all seems to be happening because boys are more valuable in Indias economy. Yet it says this practice is mostly employed in the elite parts of the country. I see this as another shinning example that we live in a world that God did not intend for mankind. A world of dispicable evils that are hidden away from common knowledge.
I search out these evidences and bring them to you. Think and say what you will.

edit on 7-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Who cares? Why should I care about gal's in foreign nations, when in America boy's are being actively denied an education and face systematic discrimination. Your Topic has as much relevance as a community discussion in Somalia about obesity in America.

www.deseretnews.com...
www.theatlantic.com...

Really what this topic is about, is about expanding Western Imperialist's blatant female supremacy ideology.

www.in-gender.com...

But I guess your type always find the reserve more then acceptable.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenEyedVixen
reply to post by randyvs

Thank you for sharing this.

This highly upsets me, and I will never ever understand why women are treated as second class citizens EVERYWHERE, even in the USA.

We are essential to the survival of the human race

So this is saying they are kidnapping and killing girls, or they're just being aborted?

Or both?
edit on 7-3-2012 by GreenEyedVixen because: (no reason given)

Women are treated as second class citizens in the USA? Really?You truly believe that?Go live in the middle east or India/Pakistan then complain you're a 2nd class citizen.You'll be singing a different tune after that.

As for being essential to the human race...no.You can't get pregnant without men.So I'd say we're more essential then you.

As for the op..that's just sad.But it's not surprising.Theres a reason countries are considered 3rd world.This is a damn good reason why.I'm thinking why don't all you people who hate America go and move there?You won't.You'll come crawling back here saying how good it is compared to countries like that

Then of course there's going to be the bunch of you who say it's all propaganda set up by the us government.India doesn't really do that !!

edit on 8-3-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
What's even worse is the history of women during older times, In most countries just before Islam arrived, they used to bury their female children alive if it was a female. They didn't want females for some reasons, they aren't strong as men and as intellect or basically they just came to grow a habit of doing this as a tradition.

It's sick that when someone does something and others approve it that it is followed so strictly it's demolishing women rights in our society. Thank God Islam came during the right time or we would of been out of women. I can't imagine if my mother would of been killed when I wasn't even born and then I wasn't born into this world. Weird concept but it's really tragic that all these women have to suffer for a little reason as " I want a boy ". This typically started with the old kings that ruled, They wanted a son, a successor. They may have killed the child or given it away but no one would of wanted it.

EDIT: Just to point out something about women rights in the ME, I've lived there and I was born there, and I wouldn't give my mother sister or aunt away for a whole world. I serve the rights of women before men, I serve my mothers rights before my father. I would die inside if I knew my mother was disappointed in me. For those who say that women have less rights in the ME, SHAME ON YOU, YOU PATHETIC LOSER. Protect your women so that they may not be picked and thrown just like a one-time camera.

This is why the Messenger (p.) said: “Heaven is under the feet of mothers”. Meaning that Heaven is the reward of her endurance and patience… Certain traditions have it that if the mother dies while giving birth she is considered a martyr.

That's not even close to how much we value our mothers, Do you even come close to that?
edit on 8-3-2012 by ImaMuslim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
This may sound odd, but using economics, would a woman in the "village with no woman" be considered a treasure and worth her weight in gold "assuming properly fed"

I can't wait to read an article in 2025 stating how much a family has to pay for a wife for their son.

Fox
edit on 3/8/2012 by FoxStriker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I am from India and unfortunately I belong to the society which practices female foeticide. Female child is considered a burden to a family due to dowry. I explained that in this thread - www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have witnessed this happening many times among my relatives and in my neighborhood. My neighbor aborted her female child. When female child was born to my cousin, his family was not happy and they wanted male child. And always the mother is blamed for her "incapability to give birth to a male child".

Dowry system and female foeticide are deeply connected and I suggest everyone to read about both to understand why this is happening and why both of these are required to be rooted off from this world.

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
Great post! I would also be interested to find out the stats on homosexuality in these areas and if it is openly accepted or not.

Homosexuality is considered a grave evil here and the old conservatives will kill homosexuals given the chance.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
To add some news reports to this thread (I do not want to derail this thread to the topic of dowry system but I am presenting this info as dowry is the main reason for female foeticide)-

In 2010, 8391 dowry death cases were reported across India, meaning a bride was burned every 90 minutes, according to statistics recently released by the National Crime Records Bureau.
A decade earlier this number was 6995, but climbed to 8093 dowry deaths in 2007.

Full article- www.telegraph.co.uk...

Let alone female foeticide, women are being killed even as an adult because of this evil dowry system.

The killing of women exists in various forms in societies the world over. However, Indian society displays some unique and particularly brutal versions, such as dowry deaths and sati. Female foeticide is an extreme manifestation of violence against women. Female foetuses are selectively aborted after pre-natal sex determination, thus avoiding the birth of girls. As a result of selective abortion, between 35 and 40 million girls and women are missing from the Indian population. In some parts of the country, the sex ratio of girls to boys has dropped to less than 800:1,000. The United Nations has expressed serious concern about the situation.

Full article- www.iheu.org...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Women are treated as second class citizens in the USA? Really?You truly believe that?Go live in the middle east or India/Pakistan then complain you're a 2nd class citizen.You'll be singing a different tune after that.

I think it's quite true that there are certain situations at times and with'in certain organizations in the USA that do indeed see women treated as second class citizens.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by morpheusxxz

Thank you morpheus for the link and I hope you will stick close to this thread for at least awhile to help us out in understanding just what exactly is going on here.

I will now have a look at the link you've provided. Two great posts and just the kind of thing I was hoping to see.
Thanks again.

edit on 8-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That may be true.But if she's American shes got it easy compared to the women in the countries I mentioned.And really these days Amercian women do not have it hard.There's much more I can say about that but I'm not trying to derail the thread.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I just spent some time reading through this post, and saw various different opinions and views.

Point one : Females in western society

You have to remember YOU ALL HAVE BIAS, the only reason females are, well i wouldn't call it 2nd class citizens, as they have equal rights, but they are subdued in society, now why is this ?

History : It all started with the industrial revolution, but moving on a few years, say start of 1900, Women started being objectified as fragile, sensitive and helpless, and these traits started being pushed by media as sexy. Why? so that a Man has to go out and work, so he can take care of her. So you get the whole modern family, Mom taking care of home and raising the future crop, father spending +50 hours a week at work, to take care. This way, the whole feminine aspect of humanity is hidden from society and man works endless hours, without thinking "I get paid jack, and have to long hours" and instead thinks " Im taking care of my family ".

Now im not saying Families should not exist, but with Capitalism, comes the NEED for a family, without it, capitalism would grind to a halt. Therefore in Modern societies, females are seen as : Fragile, Helpless, Wanting to be controlled, as it keeps the man busy working so he can "Pay and support her" for her love.

Point 2: The Cultures that kill their Females

Much like point 1 which if i didn't make it to much of a muddle you should be able to relate to
, then it is ingrained for what ever reason into their basic society, and therefore unless you collapse that society, not much will change, or VERY slowly.

My point is : culture, makes up the image of the Female, and as some of you have touched on, it has not been a positive culture anywhere for women, which is why they are "Subdued" in today's society, and which is why the Female is being bombarded with images of how to be and act, as the Female in turn keeps the Male in check, its all about how that society/Culture figured out how to use gender against ourselves as a form of control.

This is simplified and compressed a lot, ask me for clarification if i didnt make myself clear

Namaste.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I too have read through this post (while working mind you) and the main thing that keeps coming to mind is that women should be in charge of this world. Intelligent and properly educated women who have a history of compassion. These women should outnumber men in all aspects of all societies. You can have a woman in charge of a country, but the fact remains that if she is profesionally surrounded by a majority of men......the majority ends up ruling in the end. The balance neds to be shifted IMO. Radically at first so that people can see the changes taking place, and then slowly integrate more men back into power.

It's no secret that men and women are going to have different perpectives on issues, and the fact remains that the majority of the world is run by men. And it's also no secret that the majority of the world is a f^$%&ed up place to live.MAybe this radical shift in the power structure would work......maybe it wouldn't. But we won't know unless we try. What have we got to lose?

Here's a link that I found interesting:

en.wikipedia.org...

Note China and India. maybe Morpheus can shed some lght on this because I'm taking the word "incumbant" in this context to mean "indefinate." Maybe I'm wrong?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by randyvs

That may be true.But if she's American shes got it easy compared to the women in the countries I mentioned.And really these days Amercian women do not have it hard.There's much more I can say about that but I'm not trying to derail the thread.

I know ! I catch myself all the time whining about how bad things are. But I do stop myself most of the time now.
We here in america think things are bad if our cable gets turned off. So I feel you. Hope it doesn't come to things getting real bad cause most of us in the states would just curl up and die.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join