It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40 million girls missing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
If you are concieved female in India you are most likely to be aborted. The ratio between boys and girls in some areas is 300 girls to 1000 boys.This is a country of 1.1 billion people and one town is even known as " The village with no women ". This is Indias deadly secret and I think it should be shared here at ATS.

Above Top Secret

40 million girls missing
This all seems to be happening because boys are more valuable in Indias economy. Yet it says this practice is mostly employed in the elite parts of the country. I see this as another shinning example that we live in a world that God did not intend for mankind. A world of dispicable evils that are hidden away from common knowledge.
I search out these evidences and bring them to you. Think and say what you will.

edit on 7-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thank you for sharing this.

This highly upsets me, and I will never ever understand why women are treated as second class citizens EVERYWHERE, even in the USA.

We are essential to the survival of the human race

So this is saying they are kidnapping and killing girls, or they're just being aborted?

Or both?
edit on 7-3-2012 by GreenEyedVixen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Oh Jees, It's gonna become the worlds biggest accidental sausage fest.

Surely this will have a severe impact in the future....Why is the issue not been addressed??!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
men are good only if theres enough women around to give birth to them so having a pro male policy will eventually lead to there being no one around and the few remaining women will be treated like godessess

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Scary thing is, that this really isn't confined to India. It's rampant in South East Asia.

40 million girls is probably a VERY conservative estimate.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This happens with the cartels in Mexico too.

It is in no way exclusive to India, though maybe in a different fashion.

This is why we must restore our government at home, unless we become that like India or Mexico where the governments are ran completely by murderous criminals.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenEyedVixen

I think some girls are even being abandoned or murdered by their own fathers. I will never understand it either as women and children are first in everything I think and do.

I must depart for awhile peeps but I will catch up to all with a reply as called for. Sorry for the delay.
edit on 7-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This is a very scary fact, there are people out there that are thinking of the present and NOT the future. There is going to be a severe off balance on this planet in coming generations, and something like lack of any sex (male or female) cannot be undone.

S&F

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

As I understand it the women are bought and sold in prostitution rings, which is a symptom of extreme poverty and lack of morals.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well, that is truly heartwarming to hear.

I needed to hear that after reading such an upsetting article.

Although I do realise this genocide isn't limited to just India though :/

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
When a society devalues women, they devalue life itself.

Consider the perception of the average woman: gentle,caring, compassionant, empathetic, motherly. I know that's a sweeping statement and not all women fit this mold, but many do

Basically, a pro-male society that dominates and oppresses their women also projects the idea that those "womanly" traits are meaningless.

Think how society could change if it valued the feminine attributes.

Thank God I have a father who always made me feel loved and wanted. I cannot imagine what it would be like to live in such a situation.

S&F

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by randyvs

As I understand it the women are bought and sold in prostitution rings, which is a symptom of extreme poverty and lack of morals.

Slavery.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Looks like the both the chinese and the indians are going to breed themselves out of existence eventually.
oh well.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

To chose one over the other is almost like saying that blacks deserve reparations for what happened during the days of slavery. We should embrace both attributes. Neither side should dominate. Men and women traditionally have always had different roles that are supposed to compliment each other not degrade.

The scales must not be tipped, or it reveals the same effect.

Each action has an equal and opposite reaction.

ETA I don't think the separation of sexes in US is as bad as people make it out to be. But I do worry about the direction it is taking.
edit on 7-3-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
women in these sort of countries normally require a dowry as part of their marriage so if you are poor it can be a real expense as you are seen as almost having to pay to give the woman away to the man and if you can turn the chance of having a daughter (expense) into a profit (having a son) then alot of poor families will do it

but theres places where the men are congregated and the ratio is so bad that most of them will probably die before they can ever get married but still its a blessing to have a son even in those situations

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

Thats almost like saying that blacks deserve reparations for what happened during the days of slavery.

The scales must not be tipped, or it reveals the same effect.

Each action has an equal and opposite reaction.

ETA I don't think the separation of sexes in US is as bad as people make it out to be. But I do worry about the direction it is taking.

I'm confused. What part of my post mentioned race?

link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
This is a very scary fact, there are people out there that are thinking of the present and NOT the future. There is going to be a severe off balance on this planet in coming generations, and something like lack of any sex (male or female) cannot be undone.

S&F

Peace, NRE.

Soon they will just need to harvest eggs from a few and then make children in labs. they are making "girly men" to replace the females and then the females are a doomed species.

link   
This is very concerning, although if you look through history and other countries the female has not been looked after in the best possibly way generally, much the same as the great mother earth has not been looked after in spots either.
Our western men spend a lot of time complaining that we demand so much from them, in the countries where females are not seen as important they have gone the other way and taken steps to mould their own futures by removing their futures. They are essentially starving themselves of love down the track.

A womans body generally rights itself as the seasons change, why not the planet too?
A true love of the mother and the father is the only way to peace for us all.
sorry for getting off track...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Great post! I would also be interested to find out the stats on homosexuality in these areas and if it is openly accepted or not.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I apologize and edited my post, it was not directed at you. But I think that here at home we have a feminist movement that is threatening our way of life. Thanks for letting me clear that up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join