It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40 million girls missing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Ok this may sound sexist let me assure everyone I don't mean it that way. However I think pms and it's possible negative effects on women might be a possible factor to be considered when it comes to women running the world. Foriegn relations. What are your thoughts disciple ?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by newcovenant

What good are we?

In a violent universe, I believe our very existence depends on God. Our Heavenly Father. He obviously sees something partner.

All good and well but seeing and doing are two different things.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

This is quite common knowledge in the UK. We have a large Indian and Pakistani community here, and I know that there are rules in place to ty to stop gender based abortions.

There has also been a rise (or perhaps we have become more aware of) so called 'honour' killings of daughters.

China used to be the same with aborting girls. Girls are more likely to be abandoned after birth.

It has a lot to do with the dowry situation, as the father has to pay another family to take the daughter off his hands. Whereas with sons you get paid for taking on someone elses daughter.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenEyedVixen

oh stop yer whinin and get me another beer (couldn't resist - jk)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom1701
reply to post by randyvs

We have too many indians already....and not enough cowboys to take care of them...hopefully they will not be able to reproduce and soon die off. then maybe we can do something usefull with all that space.

I guess those kinds of comments make up for all the shortcomings in your own life, right? You are a joke.

Anyway, back OT, I remember seeing a documentary where female babies were essentially dumped on rubbish tips etc. I find it very sad - and frightening - that a mother's implicit sense of protection over their offspring can be scuppered so readily by societal expectations.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvsI see this as another shinning example that we live in a world that God did not intend for mankind.

soo what you're saying is that God, the omnipotent and perfect creator of the multiverses... made a mistake...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I see this as another shinning example that we live in a world that God did not intend for mankind. A world of dispicable evils that are hidden away from common knowledge.

Think and say what you will.
Has the thought not crossed your mind that maybe this is just more evidence that there is no such thing as god?

Or if there is a god, then maybe he isn't quite as good as many think that he is, or he would not allow this.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That does sound a bit sexist, and I'm not sure how you could mean it any other way. Seems to me the elevated levels of testosterone have been much more dangerous than PMS. I'm going to blame all of the worlds ills on men. They have and continue to be in charge.

When men put a pair of pants on God we were doomed.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

soo what you're saying is that God, the omnipotent and perfect creator of the multiverses... made a mistake...

Not at all. What I am saying, is that even what was intended by God to be the most protected place on earth.
A womens womb, isn't safe from the desecraton and murdering heart of those who would play God.

Try to stay on topic please.

Broken

Has the thought not crossed your mind that maybe this is just more evidence that there is no such thing as god?

No why ? Should it ? Why would that cross my mind ? I leave those thoughts to you..
edit on 8-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Using PMS or testosterone as a criticism of either gender's ability to hold a position of power is a pretty weak argument, though I must point out that failures of leaders throughout history are generally a result of deficiencies in their personality - not their gender.

You are just as likely to find any negative trait in a male leader as you are in a female leader - as members of the SAME species.

Saying that problems we have are due to male leadership is a false dichotomy - as most leadership roles in history have been filled by males, so most examples of bad leadership could therefore be attributed towards males.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ComeFindMe

Take a look at history. Let's start with the ancient Hebrews. Have you ever read the old testament of the bible. A veritable assault on anything feminine. Judaism, Islam, Christianity all rule women with an iron fist. I think the down fall and the long running subjugation of women world wide has everything to do with men and the hormones raging through their bodies. You may want to blame bad leadership on personality traits, but I have no evidence that this is the cause simply because women, who you would like to think equally as culpable were never given the chance to demonstrate themselves as leaders, politically, spiritually or any other way.

Maybe in another 2,000 years we may have a body of evidence to make that comparison, that's if we were to be given an equal world standing today. Perhaps a little balance is the needed medicine.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I also read somewhere that even males experience a form of pms. However I still contend that women experience
this physicality in different degrees. So my question as to whether or not it could become a factor in the decision making of a woman I believe is legite. This in no way says women can't do the same job or even a better one.
So as I said it wasn't intended to be sexist. So no more on that.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I also read somewhere that even males experience a form of pms. However I still contend that women experience
this physicality in different degrees. So my question as to whether or not it could become a factor in the decision making of a woman I believe is legite. This in no way says women can't do the same job or even a better one.

Illogical.

Yeah, there are certain times of the month when I get...irritable.

However, I'm an adult. I control my actions and reactions, even when my hormones are going nuts. I'm quite capable of rational decisions and thought.

Men also have hormonal surges. Sometimes they succumb to it...let the "little man" do the thinking. This could well be an argument against male leadership.

It boils down to respect on both parts, recognizing individual strengths and weaknesses, and working together for the greater good.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Balance would be the secret formula that sets things right. Men and women all have their weaknesses, and yes women can be as fragile as men can be brutal. However, the world will always be lopsided as long as we defend the subjugation and murder of women worldwide as cultural differences and not worth interfering over.

Misogyny rules the world.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl and witness

Illogical.

Yeah, there are certain times of the month when I get...irritable.

However, I'm an adult. I control my actions and reactions, even when my hormones are going nuts. I'm quite capable of rational decisions and thought.

Men also have hormonal surges. Sometimes they succumb to it...let the "little man" do the thinking. This could well be an argument against male leadership.

It boils down to respect on both parts, recognizing individual strengths and weaknesses, and working together for the greater good

Well said, you'll get no objections to that retort by me. I just hope you see the opportunity that presents itself
when things can be talked about openly and with as you say balance. Great posts from both of you .

What would have been sexist in my mind would be to walk away from here without bringing it up and wandering off think'in whatever I want.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

"treated like goddesses"

just made me lol, ..as i kinda doubt that :/ .. more liked raped and made into prostitues.

Nice find OP thanks for sharing!

Edit: well its not nice i guess thanks for bringing the attention to it
edit on 8-3-2012 by AnotherHumanBeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenEyedVixen
reply to post by randyvs

Thank you for sharing this.

This highly upsets me, and I will never ever understand why women are treated as second class citizens EVERYWHERE, even in the USA.

I appreciate your sentiment, I really do, but since you explicitly used the word "everywhere", I have to refute it. I have never in my life felt like a "second-class citizen" anywhere in Europe, or indeed in the Americas. There were the occasional hints of "machismo" -- not only in South America or the extreme south of Europe -- but nothing to lose sleep over.

The Chinese attitude towards women has been incredibly backward and incomprehensibly stupid for AGES.
Yet funnily enough, it's there where a staunchly matriarchal society lives:

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

I certainly see it everywhere, some societies in greater degree than others. The good ole U.S.A in my opinion is still a harbinger of sexists laws and practices. The three major religions are still allowed to practice misogyny. Women still earn less than men do regardless of the passage of the Ledbetter act, and as women make strides forward we must battle continually those that would hold us back. The vast majority of the world allows only partial and biased privilege for women.

edit on 8-3-2012 by Witness2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

No worry there.
This really is a means of birth control.
40 million fewer women in India means 400 million fewer Indians.
They do not need more people, so this is good for them and good for the Earth.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

You are apparently male and no nothing about the alleged PMS, which could be just an excuse for being angry over some unrelated situation.
Therefore you really know Nothing about it, and would be wise to say nothing about it.
Furthermore not all women have this problem, and those that do are likely malnourished.
And still futhermore for those that do, it only lasts a few days, and therefore is not of much consideration for your point.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join