It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation: Destroy Ignorance: HAARP,Chem-Trails.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

I read your thread and you seem to think that you have all the answers and yet you seem to disregard all the info that has been given to you that proves your wrong,but you insist on regurgitating the same drivel and trying to make it believable.

Now you say mainstream science and physics are wrong because you say so, well who am I to argue or debate the subject as you have already stated in your reply above that the mainstream is lying and debunkers grasp on to those lies and do not know anything.

Maybe you should embrace the title of your thread and start destroying ignorance and I suggest you start with yours first. Good Luck with that.....

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Actually with my experience on this web-site I learned from the debunkers what to do. Stop ignorance with ignorance. Only mine is the side of truth.

Good luck. Oh btw tell me how Neil Armstrong kept communication between earth and moon back in 1969?

I guess there is no sound in space!

edit on 8-3-2012 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Correct - no sound in a vacuum.

But there is radio.

that could be a hint that sound waves and electromagnetic waves are different.......

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Sound travels at the speed of light through space

Wrong again, sound cannot travel through a vacuum which is what space is...

there is no sound in the vacuum of space because there are too few molecules to propagate a wave.

www.indiana.edu...

Do you even pay attention to what is shown to you, Amazing!!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

How many times do you gotta eat your own foot?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Here let me clear this up. Sound is obviously waves that are in the form of decibles and side effects to a reaction. Moving through and object or the membrane of the universe.

Radio waves and all the other em waves are the transmission of sound waves. If i'm standing on the moon and I cought through the transmitter your gonna hear it on earth. I made a sound on the moon you heard it on the earth.

Therefore sound is everything!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
Here let me clear this up. Sound is obviously waves that are in the form of decibles...

nope. Decibels are a measure of intensity or power ratio - not a waveform.

Radio waves and all the other em waves are the transmission of sound waves. If i'm standing on the moon and I cought through the transmitter your gonna hear it on earth. I made a sound on the moon you heard it on the earth.

Only if I have a receiver tuned to the right RADIO frequency on earth, and if your RADIO transmitter is powerful enough to send a strong enoughs signal to reach earth.

without adequate RADIO equipment your sound goes nowhere.

Therefore sound is everything!

Except when it depends upon a MICROPHONE to be changed into an electronic signal, which a RADIO transmitter sends as a RADIO wave, then decoded by a RADIO receiver back into sound through a SPEAKER

edit on 8-3-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Em waves are proof that sound can exist in many forms! Down at the quantum level no matter what we are talking about everything is produced by vibrations. Those vibrations are caused by sound!

It's unbeatable!

link   

How many times do you gotta eat your own foot?

About 4 1/2 pages worth in this thread so far for you - and climbing.

link   

Em waves are proof that sound can exist in many forms! Down at the quantum level no matter what we are talking about everything is produced by vibrations. Those vibrations are caused by sound!

It's unbeatable!

It's nonsense.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Decibles are what you get from bass! duh! I know this I don't know how dumbed down I can make this stuff so you can understand it. I'm trying to tell you that it doesn't matter if were talking about coughing or em waves we are talking about sound!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

He is stuck on what the human ear can hear, ask him about other life.
Sometimes man cannot see past what he hears,
and what he has heard with his mind.
Then there is the eyes,
some see more in citrus fruit,
then meets the eye.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

Actually I just cut the tree down to the root. Get to the root of the situation. You might be stuck up in the branches but I'm down on the ground gettin to the bottom of it.

Depending on how you look at a tree. I could be in the branches figure that one out~

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Well how many more times does one need to show you sound does not travel through the vacuum of space, read carefully....

Sound waves can travel only through matter. Since there's almost no matter in interstellar space, sound can't travel through it. The distance between particles is so great that they would never collide with each other. Even if you could get a front seat for the explosion of the Death Star, you wouldn't hear anything at all. Technically, you could argue that there are ways a human could hear in space. Let's address a few scenarios:

Radio waves can travel through space. So, if you're wearing a space suit that contains a radio unit and one of your buddies sends you a radio message that there's pizza in the space station, you'd be able to hear it. That's because radio waves aren't mechanical -- they're electromagnetic. Electromagnetic waves can transmit energy through a vacuum. Once your radio receives the signal, it can convert the signal into sound, which will travel through the air in your space suit without a problem.

Let's say that you're drifting through space while wearing a space suit and you accidentally bump your helmet into the Hubble Space Telescope. The collision would make a sound that you could hear, even though you're in space. That's because the sound waves would have a physical medium to move through: Your helmet and the air inside your space suit. You'd still be surrounded by a vacuum, so an independent observer wouldn't be able to hear anything, no matter how many times you rammed your head against a satellite.

Imagine that you're an astronaut on a space shuttle mission. You've decided to step out into space but forgot to put on your space suit. You press your face against the space shuttle. You wouldn't have any air in your ears, so you couldn't hear in the traditional sense. However, you might be able to make out a few sounds through bone conduction before the perils of space caused you to expire.

In bone conduction, sound waves travel through the bones of the jaw and skull to the inner ear, bypassing the eardrum. There's no need for air, so you could hear your fellow astronauts partying inside the shuttle for about 15 seconds. After that, you'd likely be unconscious and well on your way to asphyxiation. So despite the wisdom of Hollywood filmmakers, it's impossible to hear noises in space. We suggest the next time you watch a science fiction film, you plug up your ears whenever anything happens within the vacuum of space. It'll make the film seem more realistic and probably work as a great conversational topic with your friends once the movie's over.

science.howstuffworks.com...

So as was just told to you without a radio transmitter that is connected to another transmitter or receiver you cannot hear sounds in space, it is right there in black and white.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

And I said they do as em waves! How many times do I need to tell you sound is not bound to the laws your binding it to. Do we really need to get into quantum mechanics.

Here's another clue. Pluck a bass string do you hear sound or em waves? Turn on a light bulb is that buzzing em waves or sound?

answer both! Because em waves are forms of sound! Thats why you can recieve radio waves from the moon and hear me on earth! Duh!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I am deciding if I could prove your point by getting banned?
Not a sound heard,
but words no one wants to hear?
Words never hurt ones eyes,
but words can hurt if misunderstood.
So how can they hear what I said,
if they only seen it with their eyes?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I know I need to stop the feeding,but just seeing the replies makes it fun...

I am just dumbfounded at the ignorance that needs to be destroyed with this thread..

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

I know I need to stop the feeding,but just seeing the replies makes it fun...

true..true!!

so......

And I said they do as em waves!

At which point they are no longer sound waves - QED

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join