It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation: Destroy Ignorance: HAARP,Chem-Trails.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by relocator

And that energy is produced by sound this is why everything vibrates at a molecular level. All you had to do was go back to what you learnt in science class. Everything vibrates. Now what happens when you pluck a guitar string.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

You know light and sound are the samething right? Not trying to start an arguemnet right now! But nothing travels faster then sound!

1-32 COMPARISON OF LIGHT WAVES WITH SOUND WAVES

There are two main differences between sound waves and light waves. The first difference is in velocity. Sound waves travel through air at the speed of approximately 1,100 feet per second; light waves travel through air and empty space at a speed of approximately 186,000 miles per second. The second difference is that sound is composed of longitudinal waves (alternate compressions and expansions of matter) and light is composed of transverse waves in an electromagnetic field.

electriciantraining.tpub.com...

They aren't the same at all and as you can see above sound travels vastly slower than light.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

1 hertz = 1 cycle per second, 1 Khz = 1000, 1 Mhz =1 million. A 1 Hertz wave is 186,000 miles long; 10 Hz is 18,600 miles. Radio waves move at the speed of light.

The unit used to measure wave frequency is called the hertz (Hz). The frequency of a wave depends on the frequency at which its source is vibrating. Frequency, which is often used to describe waves, is an important characteristic. Frequency is used to distinguish one color of light from another, as well as one sound from another. For example, red light is different from blue light because red light has a lower frequency.

www.cord.edu...

Some people just don't pay attention!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Then answer this

Why do you not hear thunder at the same time you see lightning?

Longitudinal sound waves need a medium to travel through, whereas transverse light waves do not.

Observations in nature, such as the time lag between thunder and lightning, show us that light waves travel faster than sound waves.

www.absorblearning.com...

Maybe you are the one who needs to learn a little bit about the difference in the two..

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
What does sunlight have in common with the X-rays used in a doctor's office? Are you surprised to learn that they are both waves? They're not matter waves that you can hear or feel. They are electromagnetic waves. Electromagnetic waves disturb electric and magnetic fields. These waves can be transmitted through a vacuum (space free of particles). They do not depend on particles of matter.

Light is an electromagnetic wave. Light from the sun can travel to the Earth through the vacuum of space. Light can also travel through air across your room. Although you might not realize it, you are constantly surrounded by thousands of electromagnetic waves everyday. Sunlight (visible light) and X-rays are only two types of electromagnetic waves. Other types are radio waves, infrared rays, ultraviolet rays, and gamma rays.

So I'll admit that it is not exactly a radio wave! But a wave none the less. And light still makes sound as proven in the post above red lights have lower frequencies then blue lights. Thus light has frequency and frequency is sound!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Because the lightning broke the sound barrier to a hz that your ears cannot pick up until after the lightning has struck. The explosion of the molecules in the air is so fast.

Just like when a jet passes over head and you think it's above you but the plane has already passed you. You don't hear whip crack till it already happened.

You don't see the light until it has already been turned on. Just like when a star explodes in space you don't see it till happened!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Sound Waves vs. Light Waves

You see a flash of lightning across the night sky. Five seconds later, your hear the rumble of thunder. If lightning and thunder come from the same source, then why don't they occur at the same time? Actually, they do occur at the same time. The time difference that you sense is due to the way sound and light travel. Light travels extremely fast (300,000,000 m/s). In fact, it is faster than anything else. Sound travels at a measly 343 m/s through air. Therefore we can see light in an instant, but it takes a while to hear thunder. Sound has another disadvantage because it tends to bounce off molecules in the air. This makes the sound travel in all different directions. The further away the source of the sound is, the more the sound gets distorted. Therefore, when you hear rumbling thunder, the lightning bolt was far away. When you hear a crack or boom of thunder, the lightning bolt is close to you (

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Frequency is used to distinguish one color of light from another, as well as one sound from another. For example, red light is different from blue light because red light has a lower frequency.

www.cord.edu...

abcnews.go.com...

hubblesite.org...

One of the biggest differences between infrared light and visible light is their wavelengths; visible light goes from about 400 to 700 nanometers, but infrared light has a longer wavelength than visible. In fact, as you get redder and redder (or infra-redder, as the case may be), your wavelength continues to increase substantially.

Light has frequency and frequency is sound!

ELF waves are frequency waves that can be used to mess with brain patterns these ELF waves can be amplified via metal oxides dumped into the atmosphere ie chemtrails.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
itl.chem.ufl.edu...

Common experience tells us that the behavior of waves is much different than the behavior of particles. Wave phenomema has many common examples, but all waves share some common features. Waves have a frequency, a wavelength, a wave velocity, and an amplitude.

For Light (electromagnetic waves) travelling in a vacuum, this speed of propagation is mighty quick: 2.99792 x 108 m/s.

Newton and Einstein both thought that light, although a wave, can also have some properties of a particle. In fact, they were right. Light actually is a stream of particles called photons. The amplitude of the light can be related to the number of photons in a given volume, and the energy of each photon is related to the frequency of the light

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Conclusion light is sound!

edit on 7-3-2012 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Several interesting observations were readily apparent. Lock-on generally occurred very rapidly… within a quarter of a second in most cases. If lock-on did not occur at a specific frequency in the first second, it didn’t at all. When the brain did lock on, the amplitude of the brain waves increased to nearly double their normal size. This is typical for naturally (non-ELF) produced alpha patterns. The brain locked on to higher frequencies (9-10 Hertz) more readily, and maintained the lock-on for the entire duration of the transmission. As the frequency was lowered (below 8.6 Hertz), lock-on for most subjects occurred in bursts, rather than being continuous. For example, there might be immediate lock-on for two seconds; then the brain would “fight” the ELF frequency for a quarter of a second, and then lock-on again for another few seconds, etc.. I use the word “fight” because it looked like the brain was fighting the ELF to maintain its own frequency. The “fight” was characterized by low amplitude beta frequencies in the 15-20 Hertz range. These may, of course, have simply been analytical type thoughts, but they were not observed when the frequency was in the 9-10 Hertz range. This “fight” became more frequent as the frequency was lowered, until no lock-on was observed at all.

None of the subjects were able to consciously detect the presence of the ELF field. One female subject was able to detect whenever the field started or ended, but could not accurately say when if it was on or off at any given time. In other words, she was able to detect the change in the magnetic field, but not the presence or absence of the magnetic field itself. She thought she felt it because it aggravated her sinuses. When lock-on occurred, the brain waves lagged behind the transmitted ELF. This appeared to have been the “reaction time” of the brain to the ELF waves (approximately 60-80 milliseconds). More accurate experimentation is needed to explore this relationship.

Subjects verbatim reports were quite revealing. (Keep in mind that none of the subjects actually said they felt the ELFs.) The most common verbatim reports occurred between 8.6 and 9.6 Hertz. Common statements were subtle “tingling” sensations in the fingers, arms, legs, teeth, and roof of the mouth. Two subjects reported a “metallic” feeling in their mouth. One subject reported a “tightness” in the chest and another subject reported a “tightness” in the stomach. Several subjects also reported sensations when the ELF frequency was between 6 and 7 Hertz. The verbatim responses in this range were “ringing” in the ears, “flushed” face, “fatigued”, “tightening” in the chest and “increasing” pulse.

journal.borderlands.com...

So what is HAARP really for?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Oh, brother!!!:

Conclusion light is sound!

Edit: nvm....

The above is testament on its own......
edit on Thu 8 March 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I knew this thread would be humorious but never expected it to hit this level

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The "light = sound" misconception is fairly common amongst the HAARP believers. It's an understandable misunderstanding for someone who is only just learning about the concepts of waves, frequency and oscillation. While it's easy to mock someone for not understanding the difference, just think that there was also a point in your education where you did not understand it either.

Young people ask what the difference is all the time. Sound is a wave, light is a wave, so they are both the same, right? Here's the type of explanation a high school science teacher might give:

Or quick and dirty: Light is radiation, Sound is vibration.

Also: "Not sure if trolling, or just doesn't get it"
edit on 8-3-2012 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus
While it's easy to mock someone for not understanding the difference, just think that there was also a point in your education where you did not understand it either.

snip....

Or quick and dirty: Light is radiation, Sound is vibration.

Also: "Not sure if trolling, or just doesn't get it"

He's quoted enough stuff to show that he has access to the information and is ignoring it. IMO he is doing so for the sake of getting attention on here, therefore = troll.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Newton and Einstein both thought that light, although a wave, can also have some properties of a particle. In fact, they were right. Light actually is a stream of particles called photons. The amplitude of the light can be related to the number of photons in a given volume, and the energy of each photon is related to the frequency of the light.

itl.chem.ufl.edu...

If I have to keep repeating the same information over and over again. I will be reporting to the mods trolls!

I've already proven my point time and time again. If light has frequency light is sound.

edit on 8-3-2012 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
I've already proven my point time and time again. If light has frequency light is sound.

And there you go - he knows the difference, so is just trolling.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

physics ν , f the number of times that a periodic function or vibration repeats itself in a specified time, often 1 second. It is usually measured in hertz.

dictionary.reference.com...

Hertz is sound waves!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Hertz is a measure of frequency - nothing more - as a measure of frequency and can be applied to any periodic phenomena.

Your link points that out.

so far you are trolling at about 0.001 Hz - and I can certainly classify that as noise!!

edit on 8-3-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I don't know if your trying to become a mod in this forum or not. But let me clarify if that is your agenda your on losing ground. A mod doesn't come into a forum with an agenda to ignore and turn blind eyes to evidence and truth.

I've show picutres videos even added websites that clarify that even if no one is coming out and saying light is sound. Everything inbetween what they are saying is saying it. See the thing is anything that vibrates is vibrating for a reason. SOUND.

Waves and obviously not all waves are radio waves infact that is my way of dumbing down what I'm trying to explain to the people on here or whoever I'm talking to. As you've shown I even have to dumb down what I'm trying to explain to you cause your not getting it.

Waves are proof of vibration of any energey source. This vibration has frequencys. And these pulsations are caused by sounds that you or I cannot hear. I don't know if you know anything about Nikola Tesla but you need to do some research buddy. Instead of worrying about patrolling a topic you fail to do research on!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join