It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed by NASA: 200ft Asteroid to Hit Earth in 11 Months

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Although the chances of it hitting is slim
We should have a clear understanding of what to do in such an event. An asteroid that size could flatten new york (london, paris, take your pick)

Its not a question of if, but when we will deal with a massive strike from above...what can we do anyhow? Sure, if a mile long asteroid hits us, we are fairly screwed, but a 200' one isn't -that- bad. What is most important is plenty of time to evacuate ground zero...and this means spending more for tracking stations globally.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Thread with fearmongering disposed of can be found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Have a bad feeling this little rock could be the next Elenin...

Elenin was a false flag that was meant to hide the truth about this rock..TPTB purposefully infiltrated conspiracy groups and youtube to make sure it was trumped up so we would ignore this true menace.

(how did I do?)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Anything they can do to scare the crap out of people so we don't ask questions about actual disasters that are happening all around us. Vote fraud, outright theft of the treasury, the fact congress is bought and paid for, are a couple things

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I can't keep it straight with you guys.

Half claim TPTB would never tell us about an asteroid/comet/rogue planet ahead of time, and the other half swears they put this stuff out there to distract from other crap.

Seriously, folks, I love this site but take a break once in awhile. Not everything is a conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Damn, thats my 30th birthday.I new there was a reason I can't shake this anxiety.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Hmmm, according to the JPL Ephemeris, closest approach is 71,775 miles on Feb. 16th. I'll keep my eye out, but not pack the bunker just yet.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Weird that you just posted that just now, I just saw on youtube, a leaked presidential speech about an asteroid that hasn't hit yet, but was preparing like it just happened. Hmm, weird. Don't know how much validity to put into it. Could be made up. Who knows.

At 2:20 the Prez thanks members of Search & Rescue Teams from Florida & California for their response and help.
So I guess florida is not damaged! Good to know I'm off the hook death & devastation wise.
Guess if I'm call I'll be getting so sweet overtime, FEMA money! They payed triple time in 2004!
Funny thought, this speech would work great for an event like a Hatian earthquake disaster. To bad he didnt have it ready for that.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

Could be an excuse to weaponize space. Supposedly Von Braun said an asteroid would be an excuse, as well as a faked alien invasion. Of course he told this to I believe his personal assistant on and around the time of his deathbed.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by grubblesnert

Originally posted by Manhater
Weird that you just posted that just now, I just saw on youtube, a leaked presidential speech about an asteroid that hasn't hit yet, but was preparing like it just happened. Hmm, weird. Don't know how much validity to put into it. Could be made up. Who knows.

At 2:20 the Prez thanks members of Search & Rescue Teams from Florida & California for their response and help.
So I guess florida is not damaged! Good to know I'm off the hook death & devastation wise.
Guess if I'm call I'll be getting so sweet overtime, FEMA money! They payed triple time in 2004!
Funny thought, this speech would work great for an event like a Hatian earthquake disaster. To bad he didnt have it ready for that.

Yea that was already covered.

I think by just looking at the editing effects used on the video it becomes fairly obvious that it's a fake..

Not sure how anyone could fall for that...especially with all the cuts and the "old time footage" filter being used.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Uhm, an asteroid of 167 feet, the size of a large yacht, will burn up in the atmosphere to the point where whatever it hits will be pretty much a very small area of destruction...it might make a nice football field sized crater, but I doubt it. If it was 167 yards it could have a very big impact. Spectacular...but still not some sort of "extinction event!" This is a tiny bit of rock. Hardly worth thinking about, unless you are standing directly under it. It would probably be easily shattered into pieces by heating it with a laser.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by OGOldGreg

If you read te whole post carefully you would see he's talking about riots and hardships hitting America, not the asteroid

And precisely what would cause these riots and hardships, based on the OP?

I misread nothing.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
yeah keep looking into the future for catastrophes to happen. ignore the # that's already happened.
101 tornadoes in a single day...a few days ago.
entire towns gone in an instant.
keep looking to the future....

# man. save yourself by saving mankind. love everyone.
edit on 5-3-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Well according to NASA....

Impact Probability: 2.2e-04

0.022000000% chance of Earth impact

or

1 in 4,550 chance

or

99.97800000% chance the asteroid will miss the Earth

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
So it's roughly the size of four 53 ft. trailers, that ain't too bad. Going to suck for whatever city it hits if it does hit a city. That thing will probably burn up and by the time it hits earth will likely be the size of a basketball. It takes an exceedingly huge asteroid to make it to ground, at least 500 yards i would think because the meteor crater in new mexico was made by a 500 yard asteroid i think.

It's small enough they can blow it up with missles and the pieces burn it in the atmosphere, i'm not worried.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

There's enough hiccups in that video for me to want a glass of water.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Soooo you like making up titles to get attention?

I don't understand why this thread has allowed to stay when your entire post is a FAT lie.

Please show me where NASA confirmed this? Show me where they confirmed it will hit because based on the site YOU linked to NASA shows it's not even a threat..

Mods WHY Is this still here?! Why isn't it in hoax?!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by PerceptionReality

Here is the information from the link you posted.

Torino Scale=0
On the scale itself 0 is no threat.

No Hazard
(White Zone)

The likelihood of a collision is zero, or is so low as to be effectively zero. Also applies to small objects such as meteors and bodies that burn up in the atmosphere as well as infrequent meteorite falls that rarely cause damage.

Torino Scale

So please show me WHERE NASA confirms what you suggest.

Seems you copied the post from the other link and changed catastrophe to apocalypse.

To avert a possible catastrophe – this time set for February 2013 – scientists suggest confronting asteroid 2012 DA14 with either paint or big guns. The stickler is that time has long run out to build a spaceship to carry out the operation.

You have to quote and use external tags when you use someone else's work.

It is obvious you wanted attention, with the title you chose and then changing the word to "apocalypse." This is not true and stop trying to scare people....

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenObserver
Well according to NASA....

Impact Probability: 2.2e-04

0.022000000% chance of Earth impact

or

1 in 4,550 chance

or

99.97800000% chance the asteroid will miss the Earth

You read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

That ain't no asteroid, that's a wrecking ball

(

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Interesting ....the dailymail just had an article published about this asteroid

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
In 2028-29 is the more real threat and passing very near.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join