It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed by NASA: 200ft Asteroid to Hit Earth in 11 Months

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

that was a video about haiti,
not 2012
xp

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Doom sex?

You my friend, are a genius

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
My bad. I'm not perfect.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Check out Feb 16 2013

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Well the Palermo scale calculations for 2012 DA14 are never higher than -4.01. Which is the finding from the first EIRS (Earth Impact Risk Summary).

I'm sure we are well educated on this if we paid any attention to the Elenin posts.

Here is the info on the Palermo scale:
en.wikipedia.org...

Once you understand the meaning of the scale and its values, this is just another future "NOTHING to worry about folks" announcement from NASA. Which is what they always say. Very consistent on that.

edit on 4-3-2012 by Novaroc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
Someone page Phage.

...and there it is. In record time, I believe.

Don't be such a dependent.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by PerceptionReality

Impact Probability (cumulative) 2.2e-04 = Impact Probability: 2.2e-04

0.022000000% chance of Earth impact

or

1 in 4,550 chance

or

99.97800000% chance the asteroid will miss the Earth

Or am i reading it wrong...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchildren

Unless the US have a device to blast it out of the skies and be the world saviors. That would be a good reason.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
This guy has some mad skills. I hope that is not what it is going to be if we ever do have an asteroid hit.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

I acknowledged the existence of the asteroid. But if you can't see this is one of Sorcha's typical "take a real, benign news story and turn it into instant doomsday with some sort of BS comment from the Russians" then I can't help you.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
OP is total BS. Fear mongering.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
This event, the close pass or impact in February, 2013 reaches the level of...interesting.

But is hardly one that should cause any concern.

As a previous poster has pointed out, based on current data, it is still almost certain that this asteroid will not enter the Earth's atmosphere on this pass.

If it does, the highest probability is that it will disintegrate in the atmosphere at somewhere between 15,000 and 35,000 feet...a bright sky-burst event. If it turns out that the Asteroid is made of solid iron (unlikely), it could impact the earth and make a crater as large as 1.5 km in diameter.

But even if so, again unlikely, if you were more than about 10 Km away from the impact site you would feel no real ill effects. If it impacted in the water, then a minor tsunami might be generated.

Here is a site you can go to, to play with some of the variables.

www.purdue.edu...

As I say...interesting...but would hardly be a event with global implications.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

Please restrain yourself with the common sense.

This thread is for hysteria and panic. Sheesh.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by PerceptionReality

What are your thoughts about this??

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
If Karma's really a biatch,

it's definitely headed straight for US!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Its not that big its not going to destroy earth. 60 meters across before entering our atmosphere...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
OP is total BS. Fear mongering.

I guess his link to nasa is fear mongering too.. Really you are not saying anything in your post you might as well have not posted.. Why is it BS..?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
It's gonna make a great day for a Barbecue..
I'm gonna put Juicy Steak on that Barby and let the asteroid do its thing..

Had to put that in for the second line..

But, that's how much I take this thread seriously..

I forgot to add.. HAARP, it'll take care of it..
edit on 4-3-2012 by Damian-007 because: To make a fear mongering statement.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Interesting.
If it's a dense iron type asteroid moving about 60 km/s and has a 51 degree angle or similar, then it can destroy Tehran.

Calculations From
www.purdue.edu... at a distance of 10 miles.

"The air blast will arrive approximately 48.8 seconds after impact.
Peak Overpressure: 166000 Pa = 1.66 bars = 23.5 psi
Max wind velocity: 251 m/s = 562 mph
Sound Intensity: 104 dB (May cause ear pain)"

Notice the wind speed is 562 mph. I believe the crater under these conditions is close to 2 miles so if it hit a city, it could wipe it out and burn and destroy surrounding areas. Of course if the angle is less steep or it's moving slower or it's not as big as 250 feet or not composed of dense iron, then the damage will be less.

If you really want a doomsday thread though, maybe NASA missed all the other asteroids trailing this one.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
According to new findings which support electric universe theory asteroids tend to be solid rock. Yhis wont burn up in atmosphere, so now chance there. It also states it may hit the earth it doesnt way it will. Mind you I will never believe a word NASA says anyways. Or anything from the US government, bunch of criminal liars.

The secret space program will have no problem deflecting this asteroid if needs be. Chances are however, they would want the asteroid to hit the earth and they would probably want it to hit a city to cause more confusion in the public for an excuse to steal peoples guns and introduce marshal law in some if not all areas.

This is just hot air, scaremomgering from the establishment to try and take peoples minds off yhr real tyranny which is going on.

Thank god for sites like infowars. We need many more sites like that without the rhetoric rants of AJ. We need more reliable and solid alternative news services.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join