It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed by NASA: 200ft Asteroid to Hit Earth in 11 Months

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta

Just because this isn't "confirmed by NASA" doesn't mean it's a hoax.

The fact that OP claims it was a quote by NASA qualifies for this to be a hoax. In fact, OP should be reprimanded and sent to sit in the ATS corner all day without forum privileges.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
PerceptionReality you should be ashamed of yourself.

I am new to this forum and I cannot understand why threads like yours are allowed.

What are you trying to prove?

Nowhere does NASA confirm that this will hit the Earth as your lying thread title indicates.

If you click on the 2.2e-04 probability of impact it clearly states this object has a 99.97% chance of MISSING the earth. What part of that in your dream mind are you able to translate into NASA saying it has a "good chance" of hitting Earth? It's a good thing ATS rules prohibit me from insulting you because I would have a few choice expletives for you if we were face to face.

This nonsense is truly making me reconsider visiting ATS.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal
Why do you make any hype about this?

chance of Earth impact/Impact Probability: 2.2e-04

which equals 0.022000000%.

Get your # facts straight.

???...2.2e-04 = 0.00022 ....not 0.022

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
Chances are it will break up in our atmosphere. Either that or land in the ocean, being that it covers 2/3 of the Earths surface.

I have no idea where you get "It will hit the US" from.

In today’s case, the destination of the asteroid is yet to be determined.

edit on 4/3/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

If you read te whole post carefully you would see he's talking about riots and hardships hitting America, not the asteroid

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Suffice it to say, I haven't read the link but 'paint'? Like in engaging in a paint ball fight?
Cover up the image with paint?
What the heck are you talking about??

Believe it or not, changing the asteroid's albedo with paint could cause the pressure of sunlight to change its orbit. It's a long shot, but it's probably safer than blasting it with a hydrogen bomb.

Where exactly is this 'confirmation'?

There is none. The OP was exaggerating, to put it mildly.

If I were you, I'd tread lightly on false reporting especially; incorrect quoting!

For once, we are 100% in agreement!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
Oh thank god you're here. I was beginning to believe the mods lost their leader, and all hope was lost.

Grow up. People are allowed to make observations and comments. Afterall .. this is a
DISCUSSION BOARD. And as for the mods .. they are probably sleeping in after a fun
Saturday night out in the real world.

Again ... Not confirmed by NASA. 'HOAX'

Now if the OP was to change the title to ... asteroid that may hit earth ...
then it would no longer be a hoax.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Let's worry about getting through this year first. I expect some major earth movements soon, within the next couple of months there will probably be a major quake of 7.8 or higher, perhaps even this month. March. The sun is acting up again, chance of High-M class and possible X-class flares with the newest sunspot activity. Combine that with a full moon coming in the next couple of weeks and the signs seem to be there. Keep your eyes and ears open folks, March and April could be a little on the shaky side literally.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenIgnorance

You need to multiply the number from NASA by 100 to get a percentage. So they were right when they said that the chance of being hit is .022%.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Thank you, I guess I thought they were both percents. I wondered why noone had corrected it haha.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It's suppose to miss us. So don't panic.

Here is the Orbit Diagram.

If it did hit Earth, it appears from this simulator that most of it would break up and it would not cause major destruction.
edit on 4-3-2012 by IndieA because: additional info

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Oh good!
I read of the asteroid that was supposed to hit us in 2040 but I feel that is too long of a stretch to go without an apocalypse.
Eleven months is right within my schedule and will be fine.
Now, what to wear?

I sure hope jesus or the aliens can save me before that day.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaarkSyde2012
within the next couple of months there will probably be a major quake of 7.8 or higher

This prediction could be made at any random time in history.

The sun is acting up again, chance of High-M class and possible X-class flares

This prediction could be made at any random time in history during a solar maximum.

Combine that with a full moon coming in the next couple of weeks

Depending of how loose you are with your "couple of weeks", this is almost a given at any random time in history.

For your next trick, maybe predict that there will be a US Presidential election in the next few years.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Don't worry the world ends on 21st 12 this year,has no one mentioned that.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus
*sniff* *sniff*

Sorcha Faal.

You mean Sorcha Fail.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This thread is blasphemous!
We all now that it has been written that the world will "END" in 7,032 hours from now.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Did you post this to get attention?

If you read ONE link you provided more than glancing at the "THREAT" part of the links then you would see there is NO threat...

Why don't people read anymore.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PerceptionReality

Even if that hit earth directly (head on) it's not a very big asteroid which leads me to believe that it would be partially destroyed by our atmosphere and at most would take out a city.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PerceptionReality

"NASA confirms the 60-meter (197-feet) asteroid, spotted by Spanish stargazers in February, has a good chance of colliding with Earth in eleven months."

That's a little bigger than 1/8 the size of a track around a football field... that's not very big... wouldn't be surprised if most of it breaks in the atmosphere. HIGHLY DOUBT anything will happen.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
.02% chance of it hitting the earth, I wouldn't worry about it buddy lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join