It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed by NASA: 200ft Asteroid to Hit Earth in 11 Months

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
My prediction, it will miss earth.

Is this a stunt NASA is using in conjunction with the 2012 hype to get funding?

No, it's a simpler explanation, hype to get people to visit the bogus news sites that promote this type of garbage.

edit on 4-3-2012 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Why do you make any hype about this?

chance of Earth impact/Impact Probability: 2.2e-04

which equals 0.022000000%.

Get your # facts straight.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by PerceptionReality

please read the nasa data - the first potential intersection of earths position is in 2020

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
i do regret posters' tendency to include claims in titles that can't be substantiated in the subsequent post. What is the purpose? Why the urge to spin this information until it reads as if nasa confirmed that the astroid WILL hit the earth? This is spin. It's possible, sure, but it's not a confirmed fact.

In refraining from these practices, overall quality of ATS can't but improve. Please don't turn ATS into a tabloid that needs such titles.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
They wont be any humans on earth to see it remember 21-12-2012

2nd

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Its FAKE! A HOAX!

Look vary close at the frames of the video, someone has built this out of clippings of other videos.

Nice find though.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

well, the February 2013 possible impact date connects well with the 7 Angels/ 7 trumpets timeline...

if the first Angel makes its appearance in the form of a meteor shower in Dec 2012
it is surmised that all comets or asteroids have a cloud of debris that envelops them,
then the pelting of the planet will precede the 'mountain with burning fire' (the asteroid in the OP)
which is expected in Feb 2013... some month and days (potentially 40 days) after the 21 Dec 2012
initial starting point of a hail of burning stones falling from the sky

The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

¶ And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;...

not saying the prophetic passage is actually fact...but that we should watch out for a meteorite debris field shower first---then that might be an omen that the Asteroid 2012 DA14 is soon to follow in an eerie, spooky time period of 40 days later

thanks,

ADD

for all your falling back on the Newtonian Laws of motion, etc
i will remind you that the projected intersect date with the Earth orbit is made of calculations that assume that no outside force will alter the Asteroid path in the immediate future...now the February timeline may not come about as predicted but
It's not about 'Dates' ... it's about events for the completions of prophecy ...in that case the science aspect can be set aside because new variables can happen (chaos) to upend your world
edit on 4-3-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Title is VERY MISLEADING. I cannot believe I wake up to this.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverSleepingEyes
i do regret posters' tendency to include claims in titles that can't be substantiated in the subsequent post. What is the purpose? Why the urge to spin this information until it reads as if nasa confirmed that the astroid WILL hit the earth? This is spin. It's possible, sure, but it's not a confirmed fact.

In refraining from these practices, overall quality of ATS can't but improve. Please don't turn ATS into a tabloid that needs such titles.

The mods really need to be ON this sort of thing. IMO it's up there with 'off topic' and a close second to name calling. Posters should either stick with the title of the news article linked to or at least not post headings which are sensationalist 'porkie pies'. A warning followed by a temporary ban (at least) is called for. It might encourage the culprits to engage their brains.

edit on 4-3-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

According to new findings which support electric universe theory asteroids tend to be solid rock. Yhis wont burn up in atmosphere, so now chance there. It also states it may hit the earth it doesnt way it will. Mind you I will never believe a word NASA says anyways. Or anything from the US government, bunch of criminal liars.

So instead of believing in a system checked and rechecked for hundreds of years and corroborated by researchers worldwide you choose to believe in a hoax called the electric universe.

The secret space program will have no problem deflecting this asteroid if needs be. Chances are however, they would want the asteroid to hit the earth and they would probably want it to hit a city to cause more confusion in the public for an excuse to steal peoples guns and introduce marshal law in some if not all areas.

You claim they are criminal liars and do not understand the universe and how it works, but you also suggest they are successful enough to have a secret space program. That makes sense.

This is just hot air, scaremomgering from the establishment to try and take peoples minds off yhr real tyranny which is going on.

But the establishment says there will not be an impact.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Phew! Good job we'll all be gone by December 2012

Maybe this asteroid will bring a new breed of life for Planet Earth!

edit on 4/3/12 by faryjay because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal
Why do you make any hype about this?

chance of Earth impact/Impact Probability: 2.2e-04

which equals 0.022000000%.

Get your # facts straight.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Move to hoax forum. This has not been 'confirmed by NASA'.
If an asteroid does hit earth .. and eventually it will ... it won't be this one.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Move to hoax forum. This has not been 'confirmed by NASA'.
If an asteroid does hit earth .. and eventually it will ... it won't be this one.

Oh thank god you're here. I was beginning to believe the mods lost their leader, and all hope was lost.

Just because this isn't "confirmed by NASA" doesn't mean it's a hoax.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
After the Elenin build up and fail.. I am sure this will do the same..
regardless of who the source is

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Impact Probability (cumulative) 2.2e-04 = Impact Probability: 2.2e-04

0.022000000% chance of Earth impact

or

1 in 4,550 chance

or

99.97800000% chance the asteroid will miss the Earth

Or am i reading it wrong...

I dont mean to be against or pro this news, just want to point out 1 factors:

Well... yes, the law of probabilities mathematically put that way, sure seems like a long shot, BUT... lets take the european lottery (euromillions) into account. The chances of winning the euromillions is 1 in 76,275,360, yet theres always someone who wins it - not every week, but eventually someone will win it, give or take a week. The probabilities are very very low, but this is just to make a point that probabilities are not a "solid" guarantee of anything.

As for the asteroid itself... well... if it has a density of, lets say 320000 kg/m3 (around 40 times of iron) and traveling at close the speed of light, entering the atmosphere at a 90 degree angle, what would happen? Break the planet in 2? lol... I dont know... just probabilities again hehe

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

As for the asteroid itself... well... if it has a density of, lets say 320000 kg/m3 (around 40 times of iron) and traveling at close the speed of light, entering the atmosphere at a 90 degree angle, what would happen? Break the planet in 2? lol... I dont know... just probabilities again hehe

Where did this density greater than substance known to man come from?
Where did this speed come from? If it were going fast it would not be an asteroid and par tof our solar system.

The Earth could be reformed but not split in half. Gravity would keep all of the materials that do not reach escape velocity together.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
0.022000000% chance of Earth impact

or

1 in 4,550 chance

or

99.97800000% chance the asteroid will miss the Earth

Edit: Guess I should read the thread before I post info that's already on here.
edit on 4-3-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by PerceptionReality
To avert a new apocalypse – this time set for February 2013 – scientists suggest confronting asteroid 2012 DA14 with either paint, or big guns.

Suffice it to say, I haven't read the link but 'paint'? Like in engaging in a paint ball fight?
Cover up the image with paint?
What the heck are you talking about??

Where exactly is this 'confirmation'?

Yeah, thought not.
Carry on.

If I were you, I'd tread lightly on false reporting especially; incorrect quoting!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
can anyone link to to a thread from just 4- 5-6 months ago about the tv show in the 80's stating that an impact was for sure in 2012....the show named the astroid ...hector....or something like that.

the tv show was one of the science info ...one hour primetime programs....thanks
edit on 4-3-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahushua is our new King !!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join