It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is going on at ATS!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
If you like this reply be sure to like it on the i like this reply button mmmmkay?

Well i can sure sympathise with the one liner BS calls......
If somebody wishes to abject to a thread or debunk it, it takes more than simply one linning the reply.............
Only a narcissist would be so arrogant as to think thats all that is required to deny igorance....
On the other hand i like a one liner now and then myself, maybe to merely bump a thread ive read but havent a big opinion or anything else to add.....stars and flags are so impersonal........
But the back shootin one linin BS calling narcisists piss me off too......
so there now ive said it i feel so much better..............

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Can't say I disagree with you OP. There are still some great contributors on ATS though, some who have spoken up in this very thread. Sometimes you just need to weed through the garbage to get to the treasure. Unfortunately there used to be more treasure than garbage here...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
There are many good contributors to ATS. Given time you'll know the ones.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I wonder if this could be part of the problem?

"Growing problem

While the practice of flooding forums with fake comments is most widespread in China, where such posters are called the Internet Water Army, it is becoming common in other nations too.

"The US military is known to use fakes to infiltrate chat forums to gather information about potential terror groups.

Similarly many Facebook pages are plagued by bogus friends and "social bots" that are used to stage debates.

Many marketing firms also seed forums with comments in a bid to create "viral" interest in a company or event.

However, fakes can be spotted by analysing their patterns of activity and the words they use, say the researchers."

Fakes are more likely to start new comment threads, make inane comments rather than add to a debate, and repeat former comments with minor changes, the study suggests.

The researchers say they are refining software tools to help website administrators tackle the "painful" problem."

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
what the hell is going on at ats?

some new member makes a rant about... one liners on threads, gets 15 flags, Xstars
meanwhile everyone joins in the conversation about basically nothing, makes it onto the new hot active topics board with 4 pages of comments...

meanwhile the threat i made earlier today with information regarding anonymous and greece doesnt even make it past real time new topics..... sickening, what the hell is going on ATS

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

this thread is worthless without sources for your allegations

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

If you want sources, start reading. You've been here long enough to where I know you what the OP is talking about.

If I have the the extra time I'll put the one liner irritants in their place, but more times than not the people whom the OP are talking about have a short life span here ( You're welcome :lol
so I just sit back and let nature take it's course. It's good enough for me to know that the old timers, and a lot of the newcomers, who provide quality to the site are still around.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

I'm sure you're joking.

actually made me laugh.

on-topic: I noticed that many times the "popular" topics are pure garbage and the ones more important get 2 pages and die...
maybe moderators could follow that "...will lean in favor of conspiracies..." line...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
U mad bro?

Are you?

U mad?

He mad!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
i have been on ats for about 3 years now...had to recently make a new account because my password to sign in would never work and the password recovery would not work either. I have to agree that the quality of threads has gotten much worse..its hard for me to find good threads and when i do i have to scroll through miles of crap to find replies by people who actually have a brain...I know who a lot of good posters are but they seem to get lost in the shuffle with the morons....why in the hell is there no ignore function?....I feel it would greatly improve the quality of this website....good post OP, I feel your pain

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by Destinyone

I saw your thread first thing this morning. It had already been decimated my multiple MOD removed posts. I hadn't a clue what your OP was even about. I was really interested, as your posts always intrigue me. What a shame.

The really unfortunate thing is I want to post it all again. Right now in fact. But I can't for reasons I understand.

It just really does bug me though. I mean you actually try to contribute something really good and almost straight away there's people stopping you and looking for a way to kill the thread, It's a truly sad state of affairs to be honest. The funny thing is they was flat out wrong with what they were saying as well. I do write all my own thread's and I put my own time into them. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

Anyway, just a shame no one can read the thread. I thought it was pretty good too, one I was kinda proud of. Sigh..

Now I'm sad...I like your stuff, always well done. Maybe it will let you another day hopefully.

S&F for you OP for saying what a lot of people are thinking. I notice some days have trends, for example I remember one day not to long ago when the amount of poorly thought out UFO threads ( mostly members that joined that day) was unreal. I even like UFO threads (never seen a convincing one but they make a hell of a read) but this was out of control.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
The star and flag system needs to be removed immediately.

The site is self-destructing.

Over 50 flags for a thread that is purely mocking the 2012foum. And seems to be set up as a trap to make as many members as possible look stupid. Now if I go into a thread I don't know if it is there to make a fool of me or not. Thanks.

the end of ats is nigh.
edit on 23-2-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

So is it opposition that derails your thread? When all else fails call people names,

your words:

dick heads who don't understand

My sincere wish to you stands. blame it on me

edit on 22-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

nope

your still not getting it.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
You guys would be quite surprised to know how many posters here have multiple accounts and have conversations with themselves. There are just too many trolls on here for the MOD's to patrol. Its sad but thats the way things are going around here.

Moronic and emotionally charged charged threads get all the attention and quality meaty threads filled with information and knowledge get pushed back to the back waters of ATS.

I think its a good cross section of the demographic on this site to be honest. 60% morons 30% true believers 5% skeptics 3% trolls and 2% staff. Give or take.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
At the end of the day most the stuff here is rehashed bs, I think the true readers are just waiting for the good posts to come though, Or a new big event or the END OF THE WORLD type thing ohh wait end of the would well there would be no posts sorry but you get what i mean.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by trust_no_one
what the hell is going on at ats?

some new member makes a rant about... one liners on threads, gets 15 flags, Xstars
meanwhile everyone joins in the conversation about basically nothing, makes it onto the new hot active topics board with 4 pages of comments...

meanwhile the threat i made earlier today with information regarding anonymous and greece doesnt even make it past real time new topics..... sickening, what the hell is going on ATS

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Does that not say something to you... the fact that this rant has 4 pages? It's not a conversation about nothing, it's a conversation about exactly what you are bitching about...

I will go and star and flag your thread if it makes you feel better

edit:

I just went and had a look at your thread, it's doing ok mate, I will be reading through it shortly, then dropping a heavy one liner that totally derails your thread

edit on 23-2-2012 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

I just gave you a star!!!

i totally agree, the star and flag system should go, it's ego driven rubbish. i personally think a 'sh!t post' button would be good

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

very good

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
The star and flag system needs to be removed immediately.

The site is self-destructing.

Over 50 flags for a thread that is purely mocking the 2012foum. And seems to be set up as a trap to make as many members as possible look stupid. Now if I go into a thread I don't know if it is there to make a fool of me or not. Thanks.

the end of ats is nigh.
edit on 23-2-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

maybe not the flags but the stars for sure. Who cares about stars? i dont. Its just a dam popularity contest.

Flags help get good threads to the forefront too. what we need to do is educate people. that the biggest problem not everybody on this site is at the same level of illumination. (if there is such a thing)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

yes there are! Couldn't agree more. That's why I joined... not for the tirade of childish one liners and ridiculousness

It's funny, when I first joined in 2010 this was a civilized if not a bit bonkers place to research learn and discover... that becomes harder and harder every day.

Saying that i bet when I first joined there was probably someone posting exactly the same rant in here (probably about me)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join