It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is going on at ATS!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I'm so sorry that happen to you.
It's like casting your pearls before.......(.you know what).

I've noticed there is one guy (not on this thread yet) who seems to want to be the FIRST one on a thread. He seems to make a game of it. So the first post when he shows up, is always a one-liner, always insulting, never contributes anything useful, just sophomoric insults. Yet, his attitude is one of superiority, while I notice he's never made a thread. It gets old.

edit on 2/22/2012 by BellaSabre because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
reply to post by doubledutch

NARCISSISTIC PERSONALITY DISORDER. looks to be even across the board. My post is one line so its not good enough for you! have a rotten day!!! P.S. If my content is GOOD ENOUGH you certainly will have a big problem with my grammar punctuation or capital letters...

Isn't freedom wonderful and when all else fails LIVE AND LET LIVE. Have your rotten day

thanks

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder[1] in which the individual is described as being excessively preoccupied with issues of personal adequacy, power, prestige and vanity. [2] Narcissistic personality disorder is closely linked to egocentrism.

nope...

i have no problem with spelling or freedom of speech, no issues of personal adequacy, power, prestige or vanity, just sh!t posts and pointless one liners.

although those wall of text posts I cant read and I do like paragraphs and punctuation, it helps if you can actually read what your looking at

"LIVE AND LET LIVE" the irony of your post is that this is exactly what im talking about. dick heads who don't understand the thread they are posting in so therefore post rubbish (a bit like you), derailing the thread and making it horrible to read and / or take part in...
edit on 22-2-2012 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I saw your thread removed this morning too, I was really looking forward to reading it.
When do you think you will be able to repost it?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Shame that you had to trow it all away, I really respect the ones who do so much work to find clues and ties to underpin their threads, Not that I always respond to them but I always Star and flag the ones I read. Although I think one liners can in some cases be very funny , but I agree that it is not alway proper to do it, only if it fits the story , but I can also agree with people who say that repeating stories with almost no content can be annoying. But it could also be a new person who's so many questions unanswered that wants to be answered...

So Its a difficult issue I think..

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

yes me too, and your right sometimes that's all you need and all that is called for.

There was a thread a while ago about uranus, it was a particularly immature thread and I really felt for the op but damn it was funny! If you didnt see it im sure you can imaging how it played out...

I must have been in a good mood that day because I found it rather funny

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
I tried to post a thread today, one that took me around 2 weeks to write up in fact. First reply was with-in minutes and it was from a member who's posted in this thread here as well, although I won't name them of course.. all they posted was that I copied the entire thread from elsewhere on the internet which is just a ridiculous lie really. Like I said they posted with-in minutes too.

I ended up having to remove the thread due to the amount of off-topic posts that were immediately caused because of that initial post too as they ended up just ruining the thread.

So yeah, there is a lot of immaturity here. Tried to post something that was actually really good and took me a lot of time, and I got cut down almost immediately. Pretty sad really.

edit on 22-2-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

I sincerely hope folks like you power thru the garbage and keep posting the threads you do. You're among a few here who I really perk up and get interested to see a thread is authored by. The depth of research and time spent to make the thread borders on professional for some and it's what really makes ATS shine above the rest. The semi-professional people contributing. Don't stop!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I am sorry that my first post in your thread was 'off-topic', but THAT member's post made me see red!

On a better note, I saved my second reply and am just waiting for you to re-post your thread! It was way too dang good for you to abandon, RA!!

ETA: Next time, I am just gonna do as suggested and alert mods to the stoopidly insipid comments instead of responding on the thread!
edit on 2/22/12 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

On a better note, I saved my second reply and am just waiting for you to re-post your thread! It was way too dang good for you to abandon, RA!!

Well It's out of my hands right now tbh, I'm just waiting for a PM as I type this.

Trust me, I want to post it again. I've been wanting to re-post it for almost 4 hours now I think.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
First of all a flag for your rant. I noticed, I used to be a lurker. There seems to be alot of people avoiding the rules just to make a 1-liner or one or two word reply, I always try to give it some thought as to what I'll say and if I can't answer a post with some knowledge, I don't. But that's just me I'm a by-the-book person not strict where I'm an idiot about it but strict enough. I mean rules are there for a reason.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It’s ironic that the member(s) who b!t#h and criticize a particular thread the most, are the same people who have never taken the time to put one together themselves…

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I loathe threads I'm reading being 404'd unless they are absolute stupidity to begin with. RA I hope you manage to pull it out again. Might the time of day have something to do with how many of the worlds nutters are about at that hour?.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Might the time of day have something to do with how many of the worlds nutters are about at that hour?.

I doubt it, I usually post around the same time tbh. This was just one misinformed person who, going from the last PM they sent me, didn't even understand the rules of ATS. Apparently I'm not supposed to use content from outside of ATS (even though I clearly used Ex tags and then provided a link right after and only had to use them for a fairly small percentage of the overall thread which I needed to at least try to back up what I'm saying). Interesting alright..

One thing that annoyed me now though was the last time a staff member spoke to me they said they'd be just a minute, they're off to check (to see if I can post that is). That was 2 hours and 20 + minutes ago.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I replied to a thread tonight & checked in 5 mins ago. That thread's been 404'd too.
It wasn't much of a thread, I have to say. But that's not the point.
A criticism of ATS abroad is that it's being moderated to death.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

So is it opposition that derails your thread? When all else fails call people names,

your words:

dick heads who don't understand

My sincere wish to you stands. blame it on me

edit on 22-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Post your thread in RATS. Most of the immaturity stops at the door there.
You have my curiosity raised as I missed your thread this morning.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by shadow watcher

Well I do have a lot of respect for ATS and what the staff do here so I feel as though It's only fair to show that and just wait to hear back from them at some point to be completely honest. Don't get me wrong, I want to post, but I just feel as though I should just wait a bit still.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
In my opinion it can all be put down to the Facebook mentality, where comments are only made to gain stars as a form of popularity, just like statuses on Facebook only being written for the sole purpose of getting 'likes'. I stopped using Facebook a while ago and went in a few weeks back and cancelled my account all together. It seems the Facebook mentality has now found its way onto ATS !
Another trend I've noticed lately is the amount of keyboard warriors emerging, knowing that they can say whatever they want behind the safety of their own keyboard without ever having to back up those comments in the real life.
Just have a look at the majority of comments on YouTube these days and its either tough talk, insults, or blatant racism, where the majority of those making these comments would never make these comments face to face to the people the comments are directed at.
Sadly, the majority of people in society are ignorant, and now those ignorant people have a keyboard and internet access to display their ignorance !

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

It would be interesting to know what the results of your thread outcome would have been had you posted it at another time of day. I'd suggest posting it around 11pm (American time) so hopefully parents have sent the majority to bed.... Or just after 9am when school has started. Except during school holidays, when I strongly advise heading to the library (which is very quiet these days) and get a few good books.

I hope your thread is re-launched down the track and you get a better response.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
What I have been witnessed especially since before last summer...the change in members and posting...
To make a big topic short by exploring one side of the cause;
Studies of Facebook conclude the "like" button tally as a brain stimulus reward that can be addicting. Many people(not calling one out or saying they are horrible) are largely used to that kind of response from years of use on such a platform. Direction of the interwebs I see going now is largely reward. What better way to get those people to stick around to seeing advertising on the sites or sites going in that direction(social media)? Not to say all methods, such as with ATS, are wrong for such way of categorizing responses to posts(flags, stars, reputation,etc.) but many have falling into addiction from such. Concludes to commentary quality need not matter, reaction to easy-to-read one liners, snide comments, and jokes, and "for the laughs" counts for more attention.

Sad to hear that Hope you try again at a better time. Rather enjoy your posts and all the effort put into them. As other members who post similarly with such intent, makes quality of the site.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
and your point is??????
2nd

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join