It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is going on at ATS!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Ok first ever rant, long day, bad mood, rant on!

WTF is going on here at the moment? I haven't been a member that long but things seem to be spiraling. Almost every thread I have been on recently is full of stupid one liners and ridiculous answers that make no sense... Why ? who are these idiots?

It's getting silly now. It just seems to be ridiculous post followed by kids spouting sh!t to score stars, it's pathetic.

Rant over...

I'll be back later to see how many stars I get and drop a couple of really un funny one liners

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by doubledutch
Ok first ever rant, long day, bad mood, rant on!

WTF is going on here at the moment? I haven't been a member that long but things seem to be spiraling. Almost every thread I have been on recently is full of stupid one liners and ridiculous answers that make no sense... Why ? who are these idiots?

It's getting silly now. It just seems to be ridiculous post followed by kids spouting sh!t to score stars, it's pathetic.

Rant over...

I'll be back later to see how many stars I get and drop a couple of really un funny one liners

I agree with what you're saying, however, if you don't like the thread then don't read it.. move on. Getting mad wont change anything unfortunately. Blame the lack of research on the education systems of today.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I have addressed these same issues the past couple days. What is with all the immaturity? It’s embarrassing! I thought ATS held higher standards than most other forums out there. A see an increasingly large lack of professionalism. If you look at most of the negative comments, you will see that most of them are coming from new members who have signed up in the last couple months or so. Some even in the last few weeks. The mods really need to be more forthcoming in preventing this kind of behavior. It's starting to get out of control.

I have also noticed that most of the negativity comes from those who have never posted a thread. It’s as though they are only here to spew discontent on whatever they disagree with. I think the mods need to remind people what it means to “deny ignorance”. Many don’t know, or have forgotten.

Having an opinion on a particular subject is great, but when you throw in the hate and bitterness, it only pushes people away from the topic being addressed or debated. People need to have an open mind. There are many sides to every story, and though we may disagree on a particular topic, it doesn’t mean we can’t respect another person’s opinion...

edit on 22-2-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

I dont usually read the stupid threads, I dodge them, which is getting harder because they all seem to be sh!t recently... It's more the stupid reply's in the good threads that really p!ss me off. They just ruin it and it seems they also drive away the good members here...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
liner.

...you probably don't get it. That's why you don't enjoy one-liners.

Regardless...not everything on here is serious. Remember that.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

totally agree! i guess ATS has to make money though... the more members the more add revenue

it's rubbish!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
first of all,i gave you a star!

ya you are correct. but the subject matter is driving this trend!
how many posts about iran can you take?
or aliens (swamp gas!) most of the posts i read lately are about personal experiences,religion/beliefs,and ancient civilization. with the occasional conspiricy theory thrown in for good measure!

as for some of the people that post,it seems they get a tidbit of some kinda fake news,they come and post it here,as if they were some kind of journalist! or they post a title that sounds interesting and it turns out to be absolute rubbish,or just a joke!
my self,i don't really post that much,mostly on rant.
and i know i'll get shot down for the most part,but a lot of the replies are quite funny!
maybe thats why i post!
its hard for me to post things that interesting to me,but i will end up writing a novel because i wont stop! so i have to control myself.
a lot of the replies to my posts are about my spelling - and i will say it again. i'm well versed in the queen's english,but i cannot type!!!
as for you my friend,relax. have a cammomille tea,and enjoy life.
i think you are feeding the animals with this post!
peace.

p.s. at least my response was not a one liner!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Are you stalking me?!!!!!!

I hope my grammar is up to par!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
liner.

...you probably don't get it. That's why you don't enjoy one-liners.

Regardless...not everything on here is serious. Remember that.

I do enjoy one liners IF THEY ARE FUNNY and add to the conversation or come from someone who is also contributing.

One liners like yours on the other hand I get, they just aren't funny

And no it's not all serious, I know that... you have missed my point. It's immature posters ruining good threads and people posting complete crap (that isnt supposed to be funny) that really p!sses me off and ruins ats

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I'll jump on your rant fest with this observation. Have you noticed, in the past couple of months, how many introductions are long drawn out attempts at posting a thread, without the 20 post rule on ATS. Then these intro threads end up on the front page with huge flag counts. After 20 pages of flaming and counter-flaming, we have a crash and burn on a hoax story, the OP never participated, nor returns.

The intro forum is for introductions. Period.

Des

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I tried to post a thread today, one that took me around 2 weeks to write up in fact. First reply was with-in minutes and it was from a member who's posted in this thread here as well, although I won't name them of course.. all they posted was that I copied the entire thread from elsewhere on the internet which is just a ridiculous lie really. Like I said they posted with-in minutes too.

I ended up having to remove the thread due to the amount of off-topic posts that were immediately caused because of that initial post too as they ended up just ruining the thread.

So yeah, there is a lot of immaturity here. Tried to post something that was actually really good and took me a lot of time, and I got cut down almost immediately. Pretty sad really.

edit on 22-2-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

mate that sounds like a nightmare!

and exactly what im talking about... I bet I know which one it was as well!

Maybe they will all get bored and bugger off?
edit on 22-2-2012 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Same old rant different member
Why don't you start contributing better threads instead of complain
edit on 22-2-2012 by CaLyps0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
I tried to post a thread today, one that took me around 2 weeks to write up in fact. First reply was with-in minutes and it was from a member who's posted in this thread here as well.. all they posted was that I copied the entire thread from elsewhere on the internet which is just a ridiculous lie really. Like I said they posted with-in minutes too.

I ended up having to remove the thread due to the amount of off-topic posts that were immediately caused because of that initial post too as they ended up just ruining the thread.

So yeah, there is a lot of immaturity here. Tried to post something that was actually really good and took me a lot of time, and I got cut down almost immediately. Pretty sad really.

I saw your thread first thing this morning. It had already been decimated my multiple MOD removed posts. I hadn't a clue what your OP was even about. I was really interested, as your posts always intrigue me. What a shame.

Also, it seems when glp, flushes the toilet, banning all but paid members, ATS gets the overflow right off the bat. I think this is where a majority of the stink posts are coming from.

Des

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaLyps0
Sane old rant different member
Why don't you start contributing better threads instead of complain

Hello new member...I see 18 posts for you....where are your brilliant threads......

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

that would make perfect sense des!

bloody glp, makes this place look sane!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I think maybe its an influx of "sheep" learning about ATS. I've seen this happen in waves before. the more newbies that come to the site the more dumb posts you see. Don't worry though soon enough they will start to wake up

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Like most of the new topic posts, this has been discussed before as it has been going on for some time now. I haven't been around here since the beginning but I lurked for several years before joining in 09' and I really hold back a lot of things, things that a lot of you might find interesting but most of the time it would be followed by, pics or it didn't happen or something similar. Many great contributors have left, some lurk, some post replies but few post threads with as much substance as they used to. I know it's a community and everyone needs to try to make great threads but I honestly don't have the time myself, and at this point in the game there are too many lurking nay-sayers looking for trouble, not a good conversation or debate.
edit on 22-2-2012 by coldfiremx because: grammar sucks

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I saw your thread first thing this morning. It had already been decimated my multiple MOD removed posts. I hadn't a clue what your OP was even about. I was really interested, as your posts always intrigue me. What a shame.

The really unfortunate thing is I want to post it all again. Right now in fact. But I can't for reasons I understand.

It just really does bug me though. I mean you actually try to contribute something really good and almost straight away there's people stopping you and looking for a way to kill the thread, It's a truly sad state of affairs to be honest. The funny thing is they was flat out wrong with what they were saying as well. I do write all my own thread's and I put my own time into them. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

Anyway, just a shame no one can read the thread. I thought it was pretty good too, one I was kinda proud of. Sigh..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join