It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous promise 'something BIG is coming'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
If they mess up World of Warcraft I'm going to be very very p****d off!! I'm on a break but it's nice to know it's there! (no I'm not fat/ugly or live in a basement - although I do live at home :-( )

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaLyps0
We are project mayhem 2012
Expect us

You know you can order Tyler Durdens Jacket online from rip off Chinese stores

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScarletWitch
I do not want to scare anyone with this information, but I fear that time is not on our side.

I heard, from a friend, of a friend, that heard it from his cousin, that on March 1st, Anonymous was going to shut down lolsnaps.com. They stated the reason as being "not one F will be given that day"

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nimsu1987
If they mess up World of Warcraft I'm going to be very very p****d off!! I'm on a break but it's nice to know it's there! (no I'm not fat/ugly or live in a basement - although I do live at home :-( )

There is a very serious plan in the works to mess up WOW

But Just the Mists of Pandaria

Panda Rape will be committed, they are bringing 9000 penises and raping your wow Pandas and there is nothing you can do to stop them.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CaLyps0

/
edit on 22-2-2012 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I have heard about these guys for so long now and how they are supposed to step up and make a change...Since hearing about them not one thing has changed in my life or, from what I can tell, the country itself even.

Them taking down websites is not what they should be doing. If they really are great hackers then they should be giving out MORE information, not taking down websites.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CaLyps0

Anyone remotely close to being active and actually playing a part in this is too busy and intelligent to be gloating on ATS.
Just so you know, this makes you sound like a 12 year old bandwagon grabber. The whole point of being "anonymous" is to not draw attention to yourself personally. In short, COOL STORY BRO!!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ctdannyd

But the internet is every computer connected to it that is turned on at the moment. My computer and your computer are connected, that connection is the internet. There is no central switch. Not that I am aware of anyway. LOL. There are many servers, how could they affect all of them. I wont even pretend to claim that I know how all this works, but the idea of some central switch seems sophomoric to me.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Well you obviously know a lot more lthan I do but I never claimed any knowledge anyway.
I did not know that Scientology was a dangerous cult. LOL.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Thats partly true, however there is a backbone to the internet. There are lots of computers that use the internet, but there is a far less number of them facilitating this network. Another thing is that computers/network require a massive number of systems all working together in sync. Take out just one critical piece and no matter how good the system is, it cannot work. A single router for example isnt very important at all. Routers go down all the time and traffic gets rerouted, the beauty of a "web". But their are choke points,
From what ive read, anon is going to attempt going after some central DNS servers. Dns servers provide name resolution. Basically you talk to computers in english, but computers talk to each other in coding languages.
The dns server translates/maps the website address you type into the websites IP address. For example, this website abovetopsecret.com, has an IP address of 67.228.0.162 You can go ahead and copy/paste that IP number into your address bar and it will take you to abovetopsecret.com. It is much easier for humans to remember the name of websites than their ip address. Could you imagine having to type in an ip address for every website you wanted to visit? That would suck, luckily DNS servers take care of that for you. To put this in contrast, imagine i took your cell phone and converted ALL of the contact information you had into binary(010110100010110). You would have no idea what to do because you dont understand it. This is basically what anon is threatening to do to the internet.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
What happened to the good ol' days when Anon was powerful and actually did impressive stuff without fanfare, and left people to wonder if they were responsible rather than taking credit? Now they just make bold claims and either don't follow through or follow through with a pathetically weak version of what they promised. They're like Iran.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

Oh yea? Well atleast anon doesnt photoshop their exploits!! XD sorry couldnt resist. But it is funny that iran was caught photoshopping their missiles.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by CaLyps0

Anyone remotely close to being active and actually playing a part in this is too busy and intelligent to be gloating on ATS.
Just so you know, this makes you sound like a 12 year old bandwagon grabber. The whole point of being "anonymous" is to not draw attention to yourself personally. In short, COOL STORY BRO!!

There is so much truth to what your saying, I seriously only have bouts of time on ATS when i'm in between jobs just posting a thread or following one can become a an hourly affair and use half my day, I could be active in like prank calling some Nazi on the phone lol, but not much beyond that in all reality. It's a sad truism on ats that most people who claim to be anything a real doctor, or scientist, they aren't posting at 2:00 on a Tuesday unless they happen to be out of work or have time off

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by karen61057

Thats partly true, however there is a backbone to the internet. There are lots of computers that use the internet, but there is a far less number of them facilitating this network. Another thing is that computers/network require a massive number of systems all working together in sync. Take out just one critical piece and no matter how good the system is, it cannot work. A single router for example isnt very important at all. Routers go down all the time and traffic gets rerouted, the beauty of a "web". But their are choke points,
From what ive read, anon is going to attempt going after some central DNS servers. Dns servers provide name resolution. Basically you talk to computers in english, but computers talk to each other in coding languages.
The dns server translates/maps the website address you type into the websites IP address. For example, this website abovetopsecret.com, has an IP address of 67.228.0.162 You can go ahead and copy/paste that IP number into your address bar and it will take you to abovetopsecret.com. It is much easier for humans to remember the name of websites than their ip address. Could you imagine having to type in an ip address for every website you wanted to visit? That would suck, luckily DNS servers take care of that for you. To put this in contrast, imagine i took your cell phone and converted ALL of the contact information you had into binary(010110100010110). You would have no idea what to do because you dont understand it. This is basically what anon is threatening to do to the internet.

I actually really want to get a satellite connection to back up my regular Lines money is tight atm though. I'll tell you as I set here reading this all, I really wish I had gotten in the habit of loading all my sites in the Https folder lol, it does kind of feel like a lot of crap will go down this year.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne
What happened to the good ol' days when Anon was powerful and actually did impressive stuff without fanfare, and left people to wonder if they were responsible rather than taking credit? Now they just make bold claims and either don't follow through or follow through with a pathetically weak version of what they promised. They're like Iran.

Your the second person who has said this

What are these "good old days"

I was using BBS until like the mid 90's, Anon wasn't actually a word until like 2003/2004 prior to that, is 7 years the good old days? I mean we are talking I think 4 years now since the Scientology raids...

I said earlier I wrote my first small game on a TRS 80, we are talking like 1978,79 and I have NEVER seen more hacking, more collective projects going on than right now, EVER nothing even coming close, even serious discussions about doing something viably like dropping the net like is has never been a serious discussion before now, if it's done even for a few hours your talking EPIC

So please what are the "good ol days" lets hear this story

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Here it is. If they are serious it could be big!

Translated from the Greek:

Citizens of Greece

We are Anonymous.
     We watch every day your government abolishes the constitution and institutions of the country.
     We see them leading you closer and closer to poverty.
     We see them pass laws that deprive you of any right to dignity.
     We see them and deliver the country to the IMF and the bankers.
     We know about the soup kitchens in schools,
     for people who are left jobless and now wait in queues for a plate of food.
     We know that your country voted ACTA in your effort to silence and other Greeks.
     We know everything ...
     The Republic in Greece has died.
     He died while a government that has not been elected by the people.
     And for this reason that the time for discussion came and went.
     Not negotiating anything with any of those who murdered him.
     Can you hunt as you like, you can even capture some of us,
     When you attempt to silence us ...
     But for every one that will capture 3 others will spring up. There are 5 or 10 or 100.
     Now the Greeks are all Anonymous.
     We are millions against you and the 300 in this war tear gas will not help you.

Occupying Government of Greece
     These days are going to vote for a bill that will be the last nail in the coffin of the Greek.
     A bill to return the country to a totalitarian rule.
     To bring the country and its people in absolute poverty.
     We will not allow another misery to the Greek people.
     We demand your resignation immediately, and elections.
     We demand not paid a cent to moneylenders 'friends' you.
     We demand the immediate withdrawal of the IMF from Greece.
     The Justice Department was only a small sample of what we're capable of doing
     Even you have not seen the full wrath of Anonymous.
     For each article of a bill that would shame the vote,
     we will shut the system and deleting an Inland Revenue debts of Greek citizens
     Debts which requires them to fascist pay.
     Can the demonstrations of the Greeks to their encounter with incredible violence,
     anexelekta hitting, but the internet is our field. And I love this war.
     We are many and we will be brief.

Citizens of Greece, Anonymous is now fighting on your side ...

Government of Greece, let us wait ...

E X P E C T  U S !

J U S T I C E  I S  C O M I N G

www.zerohedge.com... m_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+zerohedge/feed+(zero+hedge+-+on+a+long+enough+timeline,+the+surv

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Zatox

They will use anonymous as the reason to stop internet freedom. It's their plan, create a problem which needs solving ie Anonymous.
edit on 22/2/12 by McSquire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I have said it before, these people should put their efforts to helping with disclosure.

Or finding supposedly "hidden away" inventions.

Or working to prove or disprove that there really is a NWO..or some such.

At least it would be interesting.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
no dns takedown
www.theregister.co.uk...

btw. I wonder what happened to anonymous the laste 1-2 years... anonymous is not a collective anymore, there are just a few people claiming to be anon and hack computers in the name of anonymous.
Were are the "non-internet" activities?

R.I.P. good old times

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by McSquire

More of the same paranoid nonsense

They aren't taking Internet freedom away, the only stuff out there is junk like Pipa and Sopa and that really revolves around control of money, no one actually cares what you fap to or what's in your e-mail, you have Lobbyists for everything from News papers to Hollywood pushing for restraint of the Internet because everything from Movies to Newspapers are loosing Money to net distribution of materials, but these industries are already dead, this is.. a last Hoorah

and honestly I kind of laugh at the way people get all tore about about it anyway, do you know where half of those who call themselves Anon work? How many members work for Google, Microsoft or are self employed in the Internet business or work for smaller tech companies? Or at least WILL when old enough? 99%

Then Joe paranoid dirt is worried about who gets the money for movie distribution guys with PPC ads on the net or Tv Stations lobbying against it

I mean don't get me wrong it matters to me, I don't want to get a job lol

and for joe dirt free movies is nice but it isn't the stuff revolutions or total control is made of alright, it's cool to go to the movies and spend the god damned 8.50 you cheap wieners, this stuff barely affects you

Things like monitoring of your info have been going on a decade since 9-11, if your doing anything really wrong they can figure it out right now, I don't come here on proxies because it doesn't change much

most people don't even have a stake in this, it's about MONEY and nothing more than MONEY homeland security took your privacy a decade ago and no one has busted down your door to make fun of what you fap to and they never will

I can drive by your house and tap your HD in under 2 minutes

Stop being idiots

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join