It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous promise 'something BIG is coming'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by lordnightstalker

These are the days of point and click. While I am not familiar with the toolbox. Feasibility is relative.

Imagine one hundred duck hunters out hunting all with AA12s

Loaded with Dragons Breath.

Suddenly they spy thirteen sitting ducks.

While obliterating all the ducks would be easy. They might even attempt focus firing on one duck at a time. Sitting ducks just sit. They will wait in turn for the hunters to shoot them. So feasibilty is relative. Image also if a horde of zombies came out hunting with the duck hunters. Oh the mayhem, the havoc, the malice, the chaos. Oh my. And the various types of ammo. Yes ducks are afraid. Also plenty of time to practice at the range.

edit on 22-2-2012 by emberscott because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

mind viruz

ImGine u r Teh anonymous

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Anon is always claiming something big. Then the argument devolves into if it really was anon or not, which then goes into anyone can be in anon. The more I think about Anon is a terrible idea even skin-head can behind it for all we know.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CaLyps0

Dude, quit trying so hard. I find people like you to be some of the lamest most annoying people.
You try and act like you are a top secret agent of anonymous, you act all cryptic and mysterious by giving very little information (mysterious or just ignorant and latching onto a bandwagon?), and act like your privy to secret information.

Basically, you're this kid
Anonymous Victory! Project mayhem has begun

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

thats one thing that never ceases to amaze me about people. If I come across something I dont know or cant figure out, I immediately search it and about 99.9% of the time its sitting right there for you on a search engine. Lazy, ignorant, or both?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

You know, the concept of using a bot never crossed my mind, i'm sitting here thinking how the hell could you coordinate that... you just kind of set my mind afloat in regards to the ways in which you can set a bot like that once developed to adapt and be real pain in the arse, more I think about it the scarier the reality actually is, I really wouldn't want to have to leave my house and get a real job, once done and copies started floating about a lot of people could make variations...

Yeah i'll give it... It could be done, a really complicated bot that had multiple types of triggers and attack sequences, it would be a not very tiny bot but still and i'm taking it a step further talking about making it stick around and hide and change (not that I have those skills)

I could think of delivery methods too, distribution via the net is what most people think, but what if you used a different method like a mass disk mailing like aol or net zero used to do? 250,000 is nothing a handful of guys could divy it up around the country from different locations and combine it with an equal number of mass e-mails from various distribution points, who's looking for cds going through the us mail for god's sake... I'd target something like Middle aged females as a demographic, send it out as a recipe disk by mail or something.

Alfred, his story, it gets one thinking about what a dummy corporation could actually do with the wrong intent, a faux game for example

lol, imagine some rich nut had built Skyrim and packaged a really complicated bot deep inside it?

I'm on the verge of a sci fi screen play here in my head rofl, but still....

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen

thats one thing that never ceases to amaze me about people. If I come across something I dont know or cant figure out, I immediately search it and about 99.9% of the time its sitting right there for you on a search engine. Lazy, ignorant, or both?

dude let me tell you, your hitting on something here.

I had to move for personal reasons (within the states) to a location not loaded with computer wizards by any means and in trying to train more than a handful of different people, the one thing I noticed time and again was this....

STOP

They come to a problem and stop, unless someone Tells them explicitly what to do they stop and the issue is worse than it was by far than a decade ago, there is a lot that could be discussed in regards to the "dumbing down" factor so many speak of on sites like this but literally it's like the majority of people don't know how to actually think and have had their minds murbalized, I do, very simple stuff. hte bulk of the work simple design skills, basic editing, data entry and for lack of knowing where to place a semi colon their world doth died

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

I never thought about the mass fake AOL cd mailings

Thats to funny because you know how many grannies would boot that sh*t right up out of the envelope.

but alas, i have no intention of getting involved with things like that. Ive put to much work into school. I just want a decent job and a pretty lady. not a 6x6 cell and a "lady" named bubba

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

you know ember what your getting at there is what i'm saying in regards to what Doom is talking about with using Bots, making them adaptable in this manner but automated, very smart bots

yeah, don't let anyone say that at least State sponsored cyber terrorism isn't a real threat, like I said above I mainly make my money off the net but doing very simple things in the end, I actually spend most of my time these days study biology and human longevity far more than I study my computer anymore and the mind just goes to town with ways once engaged for a bit

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Wow, I've been waiting for something "big" since last march... still waiting, and will continue to wait, for nothing most likely.

The problem with Anon is in their very nature, the same as OWS, a lack of leadership.
I'm starting to think that Anon is nothing more than second rate hacker wannabes.

I'm not seeing anything as far as style and finesse like the old school guys.

DDS attacks are not impressive. I'd be impressed if they managed to say, copy emails off the presidents blackberry or something and leak them lol

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42
They are going to do a denial of service attack against Disney.com this time?

Maybe I'm missing something but what exactly have they done to better man kind or stop TPTB? The only thing I have seen is them building a case for the goverment to enforce stricter regulations on the I-net.

Maybe i´m missing something, but what exactly have YOU done to better mand kind or stop TPTB??
And what have you done to support TPTB??

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen

I never thought about the mass fake AOL cd mailings

Thats to funny because you know how many grannies would boot that sh*t right up out of the envelope.

but alas, i have no intention of getting involved with things like that. Ive put to much work into school. I just want a decent job and a pretty lady. not a 6x6 cell and a "lady" named bubba

Ha yeah just to be clear DITTO

It's kind of crazy because even though I make my living on a computer, and have raised more than my share of digital hell, I don't really sit around thinking about methods of true cyber terror and if I do like Anon , lol, its like this in here for the lulz and the seeing if it can be done factor etc, . Which also comes full circle to where some of these Pork Knobs get their crazy ideas about Anonymous in general, while Anonymous as a collective, the overall culture shares a certain sense of humor and a certain level of intellect and Interests, causes beliefs etc etc.... if some Majorly retarded anything goes down that's evil like sending old ladies a Million Free Aol disks loaded with Net killing bots, it just going to be THAT GUY, the god damn JOKER

I think that sort of theme has made everyone in Anonymous laugh from the minute they get the joke growing up, know what I mean? It's 9000 penises, it's Exploding Vans and Internet Hate machines all over again, Everyone is laughing at... HOW RETARDED THEY ARE, not just Anon but a lot of people around the globe the way they jump in paranoia at groups and follow blindly and...Freak out when one kid imitates Bevis and sets his house on fire and they don't even get why a whole generation thinks they are morons when they ban Bevis from saying the word FIRE or even why it IS actually kind of really lulzy when that kid does set his house on fire

and there are so many in here tonight lol, that don't get IF it does happen it wont be Anonymous it will just be that Joker (or some airplane hanger full of pissed off Asians)

edit on 22-2-2012 by lordnightstalker because: can't see #$%T without my reading glasses

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zatox
no one can trace this group, no one! how is this possible...

It's possible because it's not an organized group.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LoonyConservative

Like what "old school guys"? The kid from the Movie War Games? or the guy who digitized himself into a computer in Tron? Are those the guys your remembering?

Heads up, those were movies

I started playing with telephony doing things like making free phones calls with a paper clip from a pay phone when I was like 8 about the same time I both wrote my first games on a TRS 80 and started making and collecting copies of games for others on the same machine, I had a computer hooked up to my house phone and a tape recorder in 1979, My allowance in Jr high was selling copies of Montezuma's revenge to other nerds with commodore 64's

So i'd love to know who these "old school hackers were" there must have been some bad arse dudes toggling levers on that ol Altair 8080 3 years before my time... 0,1,0,1,1,1,0,0,1,1,1,1,0

Yeah that made the news
edit on 22-2-2012 by lordnightstalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I hope so, lately it has been "cry wolf" with Anonymous or people who are portraying them. Remember when they said they would attack the NY Stock Exchange and then another time it was Facebook. As far as I know, it never happend.

www.pcmag.com... (nyse)

articles.cnn.com...:TECH (facebook)

If Anonymous is going to do something, don't give everyone a 'heads-up". Just do it and then claim the glory!

Just a thought

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmaox

Originally posted by Zatox
no one can trace this group, no one! how is this possible...

It's possible because it's not an organized group.

Just for the record

Xmaox, Zatox

Both your names make me get a craving for anti anxiety meds, seriously, no lulz

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I might as well spoil this since it's the end of the night

As it stands the "Something Big" is going to be revealed sometime in the next few hours anyway.

There is nothing anyone can do to stop it now anyway.

Anonymous Something Big

(watch with caution, elements and ideas within not for the faint of heart)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by lordnightstalker
reply to post by emberscott

you know ember what your getting at there is what i'm saying in regards to what Doom is talking about with using Bots, making them adaptable in this manner but automated, very smart bots

yeah, don't let anyone say that at least State sponsored cyber terrorism isn't a real threat, like I said above I mainly make my money off the net but doing very simple things in the end, I actually spend most of my time these days study biology and human longevity far more than I study my computer anymore and the mind just goes to town with ways once engaged for a bit

Kidnap Cameron. I didn't say that. Clone it over and over if you need to cause you want a hydra. And brainwash it. Sometimes it's better to have a hydra than a cobra commander. And there you go a smart dynamic chatterbot always barking out orders and an adaptable army. can't go wrong with that.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Has anyone considered that Anon is just one big 'Rat trap'?

The whole purpose of it may just be to weed out all of the people that would stand against big government... perhaps a way to get friendly with org's such as wiki-leaks.

If i am right then it's ingenius when you think about it.

If they can't be traced but can be contacted and if they make waves and seem bold, then they will attract people and org's that really have a yearning for massive social and political change,...

So we won't see an end to Anon untill the most, productive 'Game changers' have all associated themselves with Anon... then it will be brought down as all of the people that TPTB want out of the picture will be easy to target and find.

I won't believe 100% in Anon untill they do some really badass stuff, something that REALLY cripples TPTB.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

Actually, I think you may be on to something; at least in the fact that the mass media created a fictional group to try and control us.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join