It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous promise 'something BIG is coming'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
www.ibtimes.co.uk...

twitter.com...#!/search?q=%23Anonymous

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

Twitter accounts associated with the Anonymous collective have posted messages promising a massive announcement later this week.
The statement was published on Tuesday, stemming from the YourAnonNews Twitter account. While remaining vague about the details, the account posted an ominous tweet promising a large announcement was coming.

The article goes on to say:

Analysts have since taken the message as an indication that the collective is going to post data taken in a recent hack of an as yet unknown, high profile target. In the past the collective has posted data taken from the FBI, Soca and numerous military contractors after issuing such statements.
Many researchers have also offered an alternative theory suggesting the speculated attack will be a part of the collective's ongoing series of anti-Acta "protests".
Most recently, as a part of its ongoing anti-Acta campaign, on 16 February Anonymous hackers targeted two US Federal Trade Commission (FTC) websites. The attack saw the collective deface the sites' frontpages, replacing them with their own anti-Acta message.

Personally I think it might be related to Bill C-30 implemented by Vic Toews

www.thestar.com...

Or maybe it's an even bigger high profile politician or security agency.

Either way - Time will tell.

+21 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
They'll probably take down some website for a minute or so and then claim victory

Second line

+27 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
They are going to do a denial of service attack against Disney.com this time?

Maybe I'm missing something but what exactly have they done to better man kind or stop TPTB? The only thing I have seen is them building a case for the goverment to enforce stricter regulations on the I-net.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Something BIG is coming?

Like what?

Is it Clifford, the big red dog?

ETA,

Well said Interrupt42
edit on 21-2-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Whats the worst thing they can do, take down a site for an hour or less and then what?

Seriously, this whole hacker group BS is just getting out of hand, isn't it abit fishy? no one can trace this group, no one! how is this possible.. unless it's a group within the government.

You know, if they were to say "We have got the launch codes for a nuclear weapon and will be firing it to bla bla bla" ok props to you, but shutting a certain website or crashing Sony servers isn't going to get your message out.. sigh.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Exactly!

Another day closer to the folks in gov't achieving their goal of controlling the internet..

I would thank them but they are anonymous

link   
reply to post by interupt42

ive been saying for a while now
this is another government plan
anon is fbi/cia tptb
nothing that anon has done has caused any impact
except something to speculate on your morning coffee break

link   
They need to take out Hollywood.

That would be a good start.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
These guys have become so predictable. Pick a fracking cause and stick with it and do something. This hopping around and taking down sites for an hour is pointless.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Zatox

yes! the fact that they cant subpoena twitter for the information on these accounts is very fishy!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
When i first started hearing about anonymous it was exciting but now i'm thinking all they are really good at is making videos

link   
They were going to "shut down the internet" in March, I believe, was something that was buzzing on Twitter/Facebook over the last week.. and this forum as well.

link   
They were going to "shut down the internet" in March, I believe, was something that was buzzing on Twitter/Facebook over the last week.. and this forum as well.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
is it just me or does anon have a big announcement every week?

Let's hope this one actually is an announcement...

Maybe they hit puberty or moved out of their parents and realized they were doing stupid things..

/ehinaperfectworld

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Regardless of anyone's opinions towards anon, including mine, I just hope the OP is right and they will release some dirt on that scumbag Toews. He should have a taste of his own medicine.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The rumor I heard was that they were going to be able to get into the internet core switches and take the entire internet down.

Guess we'll see.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

nothing that anon has done has caused any impact
That's a good reason to disprove your own theory that the FBI, CIA ect are behind the anon thing. If a government agency realy was behind it, i'm sure they could pull off something more spectacular than a few DDoS attacks to justify changing the laws governing internet freedom.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ctdannyd

I don't think it works like that....

Unless its by southpark logic

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

A new cyberweapon could take down the entire internet – and there's not much that current defences can do to stop it. So say Max Schuchard at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis and his colleagues, the masterminds who have created the digital ordnance. But thankfully they have no intention of destroying the net just yet. Instead, they are suggesting improvements to its defences. Schuchard's new attack pits the structure of the internet against itself. Hundreds of connection points in the net fall offline every minute, but we don't notice because the net routes around them. It can do this because the smaller networks that make up the internet, known as autonomous systems, communicate with each other through routers. When a communication path changes, nearby routers inform their neighbours through a system known as the border gateway protocol (BGP). These routers inform other neighbours in turn, eventually spreading knowledge of the new path throughout the internet. A previously discovered method of attack, dubbed ZMW – after its three creators Zhang, Mao and Wang, researchers in the US who came up with their version four years ago – disrupts the connection between two routers by interfering with BGP to make it appear that the link is offline. Schuchard and colleagues worked out how to spread this disruption to the entire internet and simulated its effects.

edit on 2/21/2012 by VonDoomen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Well anons' hacking into business and government websites seems counterproductive in securing the internet from government interference. If you were a government agency what would you propose to keep these types of activities from occurring? I call bull#$%# until they produce something of substance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join