It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Tazers Handcuffed Women In The Back. She Is Now Braindead.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I hate cops and tasers and pepper spray. But I learned long ago as a protester DO NOT run from the cops. DO NOT fight with them. Lay down and let them drag you to wherever they want to drag you. Or go willingly. Once you are busted, you are busted, don't fight. They WILL kill you.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

she got what she deserved...Case Closed....
There you go, ran from a cop..... BRAIN DEAD! She got what she deserved.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by Reptius

I guess the cops should have just let her escape... Why chase a person in handcuffs???

From now on when handcuffed JUST RUN, if you havent committed a murder or rape... Its a great idea people, the Cops will be told to leave you alone beacuse you arent the real criminals out there.....

Man... Some of you people on here make me sick.... She broke the law, she was handcuffed, she decided to flee, she got what she deserved...Case Closed....

Nope we should just let her go, I mean who cares right? Who cares if she killed anyone, the cop can't prove it right then and there so he should just let her go. This will work great to clear up the court systems, they'll be completely empty.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by jhn7537

What if she wasnt braindead, what if she was just tazed??? Would it than be ok?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

reply to post by jhn7537

You don't always get what you deserve now do you

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

In the history of Policing, Tazers are relatively new.

What did cops in this situation do before Tazers?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

reply to post by jhn7537

Why are you dismissing the fact that she was handcuffed and ran from the cops??? If she would have stood still and taken her punishment none of this would have happened.... How do you not see this?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

reply to post by jhn7537

She would probably rather be just tased, rather than brain dead.

But that isn't the point, she is brain dead and you say that is what she deserved. So if anyone runs from the cops, they deserve to be made brain dead, without a trial, of course.
edit on 21-2-2012 by butcherguy because: I'm not dismissing facts........ I am including them!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

In the history of Policing, Tazers are relatively new.

What did cops in this situation do before Tazers?

Pull out a nightstick and swing at the legs???

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by usmc0311

So the girl bears zero responsibility for committing the act she was arrested for, or for attempting to escape?

The action of the Officer was justified. It's just unfortunate she hit her head, but the actions that lead to it were her fault.

I agree...
I would really hate it if I were any kind of law now days "PIGS". What if you are a good person, doing your job, saving lives, running to calls for help. How would you feel that you are without call, titled PIG and other worse stuff.

No matter how many bad are in the barrel it is not ever all and the labels really stink all the more so because those calling names will still CALL out for the police when they are scared, when they are hurt in danger, need help.

A bad Law Enforcement officer is really a horrible thing, but so is an average citizen labeling every single one of these people. Pointless unjust hate stinks no matter who is welding it.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Maybe I watched the wrong video, but I see an officer giving chase while firing the tazer. I see her fall, sit up and hear her ordered to lay back down.

I also see other officers walk up to them. Looks to me like she was fleeing a house (or maybe even the police station itself)? As it appears she came out of a building and there is a parking lot.

Sad if she is hurt, but I don't see a brain dead woman here. Just one that sat up and was able to receive orders to lay back down. Both of which require conscious thought and actions.

Or am I missing something here?

Here is what you are (probably) missing: A person hits head on concrete. Brain swelling begins (slowly) the person may be responsive until the swelling is enough to cause damage. I am not a medical professional, but I am aware that this is a common risk of head injuries.

-rrr

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

reply to post by jhn7537

She would probably rather be just tased, rather than brain dead.

But that isn't the point, she is brain dead and you say that is what she deserved. So if anyone runs from the cops, they deserve to be made brain dead, without a trial, of course.

She could have avoided this.... She could have stood still, how is the cop supposed to know that the use of the taser would have caused brain damage to her??? Its not like they are issued with knowledge that they will cause braindamage everytime they are used... You cant fault the cop for that...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by staticfl
There will probably be discipline for her being cuffed in the front, not secured in the building (ie doors locked, etc..), not for a taser deployment which resulted in her head hitting the pavement.
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You got it.
The problem here, and what was most likely under investigation, is not how she was brought under control, but that she was able to escape to begin with. The police have a responsibility to ensure that a person is secured from escape, partly for their own good, which is the reason for procedures they have to follow. Obviously he was being nice and let those procedures slip for her comfort sake, which she then took advantage of to try and escape.

If this cop is in trouble for anything, its not for deploying his taser, which is standard procedure here in FL for a resisting offender, its because she got away from him to begin with.

BTW…
Just to point this out.
In the state of Florida, its standard police procedure in many departments that a resisting person HAS to be tasered or sprayed with a chemical agent. This is considered safer then physically fighting with, and restraining the person, for both the officer and the offender. In the old days they used to use ASP strikes to the shoulder/neck area. These, more often then not, used to glance off, and end up hitting the person in the head, thereby causing severe blunt-force trauma to the skull. They put a stop to that procedure, and now use chemicals and electric shock as a safer alternative to physical force.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I didnt watch the video and havent read all the comments but the ones i did read seem to have a lot of hate for the cop tasing the girl rather then chasing her down..now im not trying to defend the guy i think taser should be outlawed, but lets say he did chase her down and tackle her or knock her to the ground to restrain her and she still landed heavily and in a way that causes the same outcome, would there still be all the hate?
It seems like a highly unfortunate situation we all know how fragile the head is, ive had a friend that was hit in the head during a pillow fight and had mild brain damage and has had constant pain for the last 2years and on the other hand you hear of people falling off a 10story building and walk away.
Like i said im not defending the use of the taser but it seems like an unfortunate situation and nothing more.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

You cant fault the cop for that...
reply to post by jhn7537

Can and will fault him for not doing his job and letting her run out of a police station in the first place. Isn't he responsible for anything after she is cuffed and in the station? No, apparently she was running the show, eh?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

You cant fault the cop for that...
reply to post by jhn7537

Can and will fault him for not doing his job and letting her run out of a police station in the first place. Isn't he responsible for anything after she is cuffed and in the station? No, apparently she was running the show, eh?

So its the cops fault for her trying to escape? I guess when an inmate breaks out of prison its the guards fault too...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Actually.. you are wrong.
There was a case posted here before of two cops picking up a woman from a bar, taking her to a police station and raping her. You are a mod and yet you are not using any common sense. I didn't mean taking her and raping her on the desk. Cops rape female inmates all the time. What if the cop said something to the effect that they were going to rape her later..
I am not making up a non sense story. I don't think this happened, or is likely, I am just saying we don't know why she ran and all the people saying she deserved this might feel differently if it was found out that the cop said something indecent to the girl that made her afraid.

I will look for the link about the cops raping a woman in the police station, but here is a cop raping a woman while another cop waited outside in a call to her home: Source

and another case: source

So don't act like it's ridiculous, and at least make an attempt at understanding the point I am trying to make.
edit on 21-2-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

So its the cops fault for her trying to escape? I guess when an inmate breaks out of prison its the guards fault too...
reply to post by jhn7537

You might be starting to get it.
Yes. It is usually the fault of prison guard(s) when an inmate escapes. You see, that is their job as a prison guard, to keep the inmates inside the prison. But you knew that, right?

Once the girl was cuffed and taken into the police station, she should be prevented from just walking out. I don't recall any part of the story where a gang broke her out.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

reply to post by jhn7537

You might be starting to get it.
Yes. It is usually the fault of prison guard(s) when an inmate escapes. You see, that is their job as a prison guard, to keep the inmates inside the prison. But you knew that, right?

Once the girl was cuffed and taken into the police station, she should be prevented from just walking out. I don't recall any part of the story where a gang broke her out.

Why is it that when inmates escape prison they are given extended sentences??? Its not their fault right? If anything they should just fire the guards....

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LonelyGuy
where are all the good cops? havent seen any.

1. You probably have no desire to find any to begin with
2. The media dosen't report the good stuff too much....negativity, violence, and shock is what sells
newspapers.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join