It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Tazers Handcuffed Women In The Back. She Is Now Braindead.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This is just Horrible.

So what do you think? Was this an abuse of police power?

The Florida Highway Patrol have cleared 267-pound Trooper Daniel Cole of wrongdoing and have released a disturbing dash cam video that captured him tasing a 100 pound, 20 year old handcuffed girl in the back as she fled.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement determined Trooper Daniel Cole's "use of force" was justified when he tased the woman last September at the FHP Pinellas Park Substation and cleared him of wrongdoing.

The fleeing woman, Danielle Maudsley, 20, suffered severe brain damage after hitting her head on the concrete and has been in a persistent vegetative state ever since.

slumz.boxden.com...

edit on 21/2/12 by usmc0311 because: Title Change.

edit on 21/2/12 by usmc0311 because: added link

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Thu Feb 23 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+50 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Lazy police work in my opinion. Simply looks like he couldn't be bothered running and it's a horrible shame this girls life has been destroyed by stupid behaviour.

It seems the whole idea of tazers being introduced in the first place is being actively ignored. It is now simply used as a tool for the lazy.
edit on 21-2-2012 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Ugh, that was hard to watch knowing the consequences that resulted. Some will come and comment that the cop is a fat pig and deserve to die. Others will defend their actions and say it was fully just.

I don't think she was a threat to anyone fleeing or not, so use of any force more than what was required to apprehend her is excessive. Yet he was cleared!

Don't police officers, like military, have to pass some sort of physical fitness test on a regular basis? If he were in good shape, he might have opted to just chase her down rather than use excessive force like that.

+31 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Obviously the "hero" in this vid is too fat to give chase.

He should have been in a desk job whilst undergoing a weight loss fitness regime.

The offender was handcuffed and should have easily been chased down ( even tackled to the ground ) by a fit policeman.

Not fit for duty. Standards must be raised. To serve and PROTECT!

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
yea sure , he could've ran after her . Little bit lazy . But i'm sure he didn't intend for her to be braindead . Thats is just a byproduct of how he fell. which was a byproduct of why she fell , which was of course a byproduct of fleeing from police.

The fleeing woman, Danielle Maudsley, 20, suffered severe brain damage after hitting her head on the concrete and has been in a persistent vegetative state ever since

i personally would've chased her , and if she was just to fast i would've pulled out the taser and gave it to her , I'm sure majority of you would also . You don't intend for her to die , just neutralize her. Tragic this had to have happened to her . But i wouldn't call him a bad cop over it .

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

This is horrible. Why did she run tho? Too many hollywood movies where the criminal runs from the police hand cuffed and somehow gets away is probably the culprit here.

If you're hand cuffed, don't run. It's stupid. You never know if the cop wants to try out one of his new toys. I heard the beanbag and rubber bullet guns hurt like crazy too. Why test it?

It's terrible one bad decision ruined her life but that's the risk she took.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

what fat scum some police officers are.

Disgraceful human beings

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Jeeezzz.
Handcuffed and running from the cops is not a good idea so it seems.
poor woman. i would like to see that fat cop handcuffed and running while i tazze the crap out of him and see how is fat 200 pounds ass hits the concrete. wonder what the damage would be like. maybe he would bounce right back up hu. damn

I think the use off these tazzers are getting out of hand.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
A small point, your headline says that she was tasered in the head.

That's kind of misleading, she was tasered and fell over and hit her head.

There is a bit of a difference between the two.

Being tasered in the head and being rendered braindead would lead me to believe that tasers are too dangerous to use in case they dont hit their intended target...

But being tasered and falling over and hitting your head...makes me think that it's been a bad luck case, or the cop taking the easy route compared to chasing her.
edit on 21-2-2012 by selfharmonise because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
He could have caught her on foot.
Fat sloppy lazy SOB was to lazy.
Now he has a braindead girl on his conscientouss

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Stupid a$$ pig.

I don't normally call police officers PIGS but this one was a BIG FAT DISGUSTING PIG.

We need to raise our standards across the US for people who want to be in law enforcement. PLEASE PLEASE stop hiring retards to "serve and protect" us.

I mean how far could she have even gotten being handcuffed? I'm sure he could have just ran after her and caught her instead of tasering her! Wow... Just wow... Really! Fire fat cops please. No more fatties on the force.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by selfharmonise

Sorry didn't mean to word it that way. Was just thinking the same thing.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Maybe I watched the wrong video, but I see an officer giving chase while firing the tazer. I see her fall, sit up and hear her ordered to lay back down.

I also see other officers walk up to them. Looks to me like she was fleeing a house (or maybe even the police station itself)? As it appears she came out of a building and there is a parking lot.

Sad if she is hurt, but I don't see a brain dead woman here. Just one that sat up and was able to receive orders to lay back down. Both of which require conscious thought and actions.

Or am I missing something here?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies everyone.. I believe that the use of tazers has gone too far. Police are taking every opportunity to use them on people. I'm not saying that all police officers are but the number of incidents does seem to be rising. I think the police departments need to take a look at their policies and maybe update them with more strict guidelines to ensure that incidents like this don't continue to happen.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

I found another source for this info here.

slumz.boxden.com...

The video shows Maudsley fleeing a back door of the substation with Cole following closely behind.

Maudsley was arrested for her alleged involvement in two hit-and-run crashes and driving without a license.

Cole brought Maudsley to the substation to complete his paperwork before taking her to the Pinellas County Jail, according to FHP reports.

As she enters the parking lot, Cole deploys his taser and Maudsley hits the ground hard, with her head slamming into the asphalt.

"What were you thinking? What are you, stupid?," Cole can be heard asking Maudsley on the video.
"I can't get up," said Maudsley.
"I don't want you to get up," said Cole.
"I can't get up," Maudsley said again. The last words Maudsley has spoken since being tasered.

On the video, Maudsley loses consciousness about two minutes after hitting her head.
Maudsley's mother said the trooper should have used other means to stop her daughter from fleeing.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Does anyone ever get away, once they have you like that? I mean, really.These men are armed and known to be a little bit... how should I put it... overly aggressive at times. Don't run. Don't smart off. You're just going to suffer for it. They can do pretty much anything they want nowadays and get away with it.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
POLICE STATE!

Someone needs to taser the cop that did this,

and make sure that cop is braindead. seriously, enough is enough when it comes to...

ABUSE OF POWER

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

conscientouss

I didn't think he was being all that 'conscientouss'.

So she's in a vegetative state but was able to talk and sit up? Weird. Lazy cop in my opinion but seriously, don't run from the cops handcuffed. She probably would have lost her footing and hit her head all on her own. Agree that bastard is waaay too fat to be out patrolling. Needs a shake weight.

Oh, so she slipped into a vegetative state. I always thought that was sort of instantaneous with severe head trauma. Sad story, series of really dumb mistakes by everyone involved.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

In the report, Cole said he chose to use the taser because he "felt she was more susceptible to being injured if he attempted to tackle her." Cole weighs approximately 267 pounds.

I can kinda see the same thing happening but dude she's a little thing, just grab her by the arm. I wonder how close she actually got to the highway. Don't do coke kids.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
If you follow my threads you know my brother is a detective so knowing that I must say that policeman is incompetent and completely unfit for patrol duty.Lack of judgement and failure to appropriately protect the suspect from harm following his inability/incorrect decision, should result in dismissal.
May her family become rich in a lawsuit and I pray this young woman recovers from her wounds.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Maybe I watched the wrong video, but I see an officer giving chase while firing the tazer. I see her fall, sit up and hear her ordered to lay back down.

I also see other officers walk up to them. Looks to me like she was fleeing a house (or maybe even the police station itself)? As it appears she came out of a building and there is a parking lot.

Sad if she is hurt, but I don't see a brain dead woman here. Just one that sat up and was able to receive orders to lay back down. Both of which require conscious thought and actions.

Or am I missing something here?

She probably had hemorrhaging within the skull. In that case she could have gotten up and felt like all she had was a headache. Maybe she was responsive for a few minutes then passed out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join