It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Tazers Handcuffed Women In The Back. She Is Now Braindead.

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

EXACTLY. You are taking responsibility for that persons life when you decide to inject yourself into someones life to that extreme. The audacity of it. I don't care if you are a cop. You have no right. You shouldn't use a weapon like that on anyone unless you think it might be necessary to kill them.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by pyrodude
Oh and thats right!! If she had gotten away he would have been a fat ass pig for not catching a felon!!! You would have said - "huh, doesnt he have a taser?"

Had she committed a felony crime, and did she pose a serious risk to the safety of the public?

If she was carrying a loaded weapon and was firing indiscriminately, different story; but an incredibly skinny 20 year who was handcuffed?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

The title "cops taser woman in the back, she's now brainded", infers to the reader that the actual "tasering" of the subject was the cause of this womans brain death, when it was'nt, the fall and subsequent impact of her head against the floor caused her downfall.

If someone reads the title, and not the thread, it leads people to believe that the impact of the taser in the womans back and subsequent electric charge damaged her brain through her spine.

A better and less misleading title would have been "Brain death caused by impact after being tasered by cop".

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Also exactly right.
They don't want intelligence, if they could replace them all with robots or mindless drones they would.
They want them dumb and strong. Fact.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Cops are just an extension of more beauracracy we don't need... along with a million federally funded acronyn groups along with state level.

Ya know it's kinda funny that I hear all these stories of drunk drivers killing people all the time in the 70's, and just getting a traffic ticket. Where were all these "heroes" we have nowadays back then?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
reply to post by usmc0311

The title "cops taser woman in the back, she's now brainded", infers to the reader that the actual "tasering" of the subject was the cause of this womans brain death, when it was'nt, the fall and subsequent impact of her head against the floor caused her downfall.

If someone reads the title, and not the thread, it leads people to believe that the impact of the taser in the womans back and subsequent electric charge damaged her brain through her spine.

A better and less misleading title would have been "Brain death caused by impact after being tasered by cop".

I am so sorry that my title bothers you so much. Any one who basis judgement by just reading a title is being very narrow minded in my opinion. The real issue is the use of tazers and the use of force. Why focus on the title so much? are you in the habit of only reading titles to get your information or something? All one has to do is read the article or watch the video to see what happened.

She was handcuffed, tazered in the back which led to her falling helplessly onto the pavement causing her to become braindead, so the title is not misleading, it is just in a short version. I think everyone who read more than the title understand that.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Also exactly right.
They don't want intelligence, if they could replace them all with robots or mindless drones they would.

Im sure if this already brain dead piece of human garbage had run your wife and kids over while she was on her spree, i'm sure you'd be sing another song now, would'nt you.
You have to be dumb and strong to deal with the sub human, drugged filled lifeforms that the job throws you. Fact.

edit on 22-2-2012 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Makes no sense to taze a female running away while hand cuffed. Physiologically speaking, you need the use of arms to hit max speed while running... That being said, plus the fact that she is a female, she is already handicapped in the essence of successfully running away from the police. IMO, this is a case of excessive force, as the police officer was a little further than arms reach away from the suspect. a physically fit officer would have been more than capable of catching and apprehending her.

Yes, the woman should not have ran away, but the officer should have been more than capable to handle a situation like this; police officers have been doing so for years without the tazer. I've seen on Cops the TV show officers handling more difficult situations when apprehending a runaway suspect without the use of tazers.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
She was handcuffed, tazered in the back which led to her falling helplessly onto the pavement causing her to become braindead, so the title is not misleading, it is just in a short version. I think everyone who read more than the title understand that.

Why was she handcuffed. ?
She's a criminal.
She tried to escape custody after being arrested and causing two road traffic accidents while drugged.
She put many innocent lives at risk.

Why feel sorry for her.
If he'd have tripped her up, the same might of happened.
If he'd fell on her the same might of happened.
She was probably so high that she could'nt her arms out to stop herself falling if she'd wanted too.
Why not entitle your thread - " crazed drugged up bitch who caused two traffic accidents and put innocent lives at risk get what she deserves after trying to escape custody while cuffed".

Cause and effect.
She was responsable for her own demise.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Mistakes were made on both sides of the situation leading to tragic results. But the cop being an authority figure is responsible for the health and well being of the arrested.

Cops first mistake is stopping at the substation to do paper work before bringing her to the lock up. This could have been done after she was brought there.

Cops second mistake letting her go and taking his eye off of her and/or not having another officer watch her while he completes said paper work.

Cops third and grave mistake choosing to use a weapon on a cuffed and unarmed suspect. She could have been easily chased down and subdued by a 13 year old boy much less a 200+ lb man.

Regardless of her accusations and reasons for her arrest. The cops negligent judgment and failure to follow protocol makes him guilty. He should be Charged and relieved of duty and the family of the victim has every right to follow suit.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972

Also exactly right.

Im sure if this already brain dead piece of human garbage had run your wife and kids over while she was on her spree, i'm sure you'd be sing another song now, would'nt you.
You have to be dumb and strong to deal with the sub human, drugged filled lifeforms that the job throws you. Fact.

The other option is that 20% of your department could have a master's degree or better. Another 60% of the department could also have an associate's degree or better. Plus they could be trained in crisis intervention tactics and dealing with "special populations." Then they don't have to be goon squad level idiots.

There is a better way to set up a police force. Many places across the country are doing it.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mitsuskitzo
Mistakes were made on both sides of the situation leading to tragic results.

Cops first mistake is stopping at the substation to do paper work before bringing her to the lock up. This could have been done after she was brought there.

Cops second mistake letting her go and taking his eye off of her and/or not having another officer watch her while he completes said paper work.

Cops third and grave mistake choosing to use a weapon on a cuffed and unarmed suspect. She could have been easily chased down and subdued by a 13 year old boy much less a 200+ lb man.

Womans first mistake is filling up with coc aine and oxycodone.

Womans second mistake is driving a car without a licence and causing two hit and runs while full of coc aine and oxycodone, putting many lives at risk. A car is a weapon, just as deadly as a gun.

Womans third mistake is while cuffed for being a junkie lawbreaker, she then try's to escape custody by running towards a busy state highway full of cars and lorries where undoubtedly she would have been run over, or caused a multiple pile up killing innocents.

Poor innocent 100lb girl my ass.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81

The other option is that 20% of your department could have a master's degree or better. Another 60% of the department could also have an associate's degree or better. Plus they could be trained in crisis intervention tactics and dealing with "special populations." Then they don't have to be goon squad level idiots.

There is a better way to set up a police force. Many places across the country are doing it.

I absolutely agree. The "dunkin donut shop cop" image used here on ATS is now way beyond tedious.
But, i do believe working and coming into contact with the dregs of society day after day, year after year, makes you numb to it all. It's not inhuman, just a self protecting numbness. If not, you'd go crazy.

Goon squad level idiots they are not.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Exactly thanks for backing up my argument. As I said in my previous post, mistakes were made on both sides. The question of the day is not what the girl is guilty for. That is already obvious if you read the article. The question of the day is, Did this officer do his job according to protocol and did he or did he not use excessive and unnecessary force to subdue her. You can scream that this is subject to opinion and it is to a degree, but in matters of the law and police protocol its his mistakes that lead to her demise.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

That's ignorant. You don't have to be dumb and strong. Intelligence will always beat brute strength.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
He was right behind her and had a clear weight advantage. He could of easily used that weight advantage to capture her even without a rugby tackle. Remember, most Police officers take many classes in apprehending people and pinning them to the ground. A lot of Police officers also do MMA classes dealing with unarmed close combat. Yet the easy option in this case was to use the Taser. A male Police officer that is FIT should always be able to run down a female [don't mean to be sexist] especially when she is handcuffed.
And what would be the hypothetical outcome be if an innocent person was being wrongfully man-handled by a Police officer and punched the officer in self defence and the officer fell backwards and hit his head and became braindead. Do you think the citizen would be free of any charge......................yeah right !

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mitsuskitzo

Exactly thanks for backing up my argument. As I said in my previous post, mistakes were made on both sides. The question of the day is not what the girl is guilty for. That is already obvious if you read the article. The question of the day is, Did this officer do his job according to protocol and did he or did he not use excessive and unnecessary force to subdue her. You can scream that this is subject to opinion and it is to a degree, but in matters of the law and police protocol its his mistakes that lead to her demise.

This is a "the chicken and the egg" million dollar question.

We can ask if there was a breach of protocol.
We can ask did he use excessive force or not.

But it remains that there would'nt have been a breach of protocol (or not) or the need for the use of excessive force (or not) had this girl behaved herself in the first place and had not been a felon.

The girl was close enough to bring down with a baton to the thigh, but, had he have done this would the result have been the same ??

Was she sufficiently high to fall without putting her hands out to stop herself?

Had she have reached the highway, maybe she have caused a tremendous accident in her attempt to escape, after all she'd already put lives a risk.

Weighing up the situation, maybe the cop felt it better to take her down well in the parking to prevent further attempts to escape, and to eliminate the threat of an accident had she of reached a busy highway.

This is an incident of multiple factors, multiple posibilities and multiple outcomes.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

That's ignorant. You don't have to be dumb and strong. Intelligence will always beat brute strength.

Errrmmm??? WTF...didnt YOU say they have to be dumb and strong and only have to follow orders??
Read the posts following yours where i completley disagree with your statement and state that your average cop does NOT have a goon squad level of intelligence.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Absolutely. Unfortunately the courts seem to believe otherwise.

Court OKs Barring High IQs for Cops

Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took the exam in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125. But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training.

[...]

U.S. District Court found that New London had “shown a rational basis for the policy.” In a ruling dated Aug. 23, the 2nd Circuit agreed. The court said the policy might be unwise but was a rational way to reduce job turnover.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Are you seriously that retarded on the topic ANDY?? First when you get tazed YOU CAN'T MOVE YOUR BODY. That means THE STUPID DRUGGED UP GIRL IS FROZEN IN AGONY WITH HER MUSCLES SPONTANTEOUSLY SPASMING AS SHE WATCHES HER HEAD CRASH FACE FIRST IN THE GROUND WHILE NOT BEING ABLE TO DO A THING ABOUT IT.

Drug addiction is a disease... she doesn't have weak willpower and the fact that she's a repeat offender shows you that HER BRAIN CAN'T CONTROL HER ADDICTION - How can you judge one girls state of mind when you can't even compare it yourself. The closest your closed mind can come to addiction is the will a hungry person that hasn't ate for days has to eat food right in front of them.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join