It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Tazers Handcuffed Women In The Back. She Is Now Braindead.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by XUAFxOmega

Also.. calling the cops they are likely to shoot you mistaking you for the robber, and there is rarely a swift response, usually around 15- 20 minutes which isn't good enough. I live in near a small city (around 20,000), but more towards the country. Unless you are talking a city of 500 people I think cops are the same everywhere.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I'm sorry you have had such bad experiences with the police: I suppose it is highly dependent on where you live.
I can't really argue with facts, so it seems the police in your area may do more harm than good: but that doesn't mean all police are like that.
As I said, the local police in my town are top-notch examples of what law enforcement should be, at least from my experiences with them.

Honestly, I know it's off topic, but I think our doctors and nurses are more corrupt/idiotic than our police; from personal experience they almost killed me three times and did kill both of my grandparents.
Unrelated, I know, just a comment.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I see a lot of comments on here that the only reason this officer drew and fired his Taser was because he was fat and lazy, but as a student that is currently learning protocols of law enforcement this officer more than likely was justified in the way he handled this situation.

You can see the traffic in the background, she was heading the direction of that street and if she ran out into the street she places herself, the officers, and motorists safety in jeopardy. By the fact that the officer was right behind her I can assume that he would have eventually caught her, but felt that it would not have been before reaching the street. this is an unfortunate accident, but the officer handled it in a way that many officers of varying size and physical condition would have, I would have probably done the same thing if I felt that she had the potential to place others in harmful situations.

Just my two cents

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Don't get funneled into ignorance, I was enjoying out debate: Never, EVER say any group of ANYTHING is all the same, it's just silly.
As I said, I am sorry you have had bad experiences with police, but I can say my local police have saved my life.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

At 267 pounds he probably couldn't run,which no doubt will frorm part of his"reasoning for Tasing this poor girl,jesus if that were my daughter i'd tase the p****'s nuts until he was incapable of breeding any more of his kind.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Cut him some slack..the chief already told his fat-ass that if he lost one more pair of handcuffs he will have to pay for them himself. No way was he going to lose those cuffs.

Peace

link   
I dont understand how she managed to run from the station. It doesnt make sense. It's not like they keep you in the reception area, is it? Aren't suspects brought into an inescapable detention area while being processed before being put in a cell? At least that's what it's like in Australia. They dont walk you thru the front door, ffs. They drive the police car into an inescapable area, close the garage door, and then take the suspect to a processing area. There is really no chance of escape once you are in the car/paddy wagon.

Maybe police stations are not as secure in the US?

link   
The cop is the bad guy? He no doubt feels bad , but tasing you is quick and easy. Why would i want to run after you when i can simply taze you?

Tazers work, are effective , and fairly safe.

Do not break the law and you you wont have this problem. Break the law and you will have this problem.

It is that simple. You dont want to go to jail? Dont break the law.

Dont want to get tazed? Dont run.

----

"The Taser is a weapon and it can clearly cause injuries and even deaths in some cases," Bozeman said. "The question is 'how likely is it to cause a significant injury" and whether that risk of injury outweighs the benefits it brings."

edit on 22-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Watch em officers run in spamming the thread about the woman being a ultra violent arm and dangerous individual that required absolute and total subduction and use of force. Otherwise millions of lives were at risk....

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I think the chick must have been brain dead already, running from the police..

Not that she deserved it, but......c'mon.
edit on 22-2-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
The cop is the bad guy? He no doubt feels bad , but tasing you is quick and easy. Why would i want to run after you when i can simply taze you?

Do not break the law and you you wont have this problem. Break the law and you will have this problem.

She was fleeing...not posing a threat. Maybe he should have just shot her..I mean she WAS a criminal..I mean a suspect.

Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by spav5

Exactly. You pose a risk to an officer.

He has to worry about following you.

Risk of being hit by a vehicle or falling / hitting something causing injury to the officer and being lead to a potential dangerous environment (safe house , gang area) where the officer could also be shot and killed.

How is that not putting the officer in a direct line of threat?

------

I am not a police officer , but if you ran from me ... id taze you in a heart beat if you tried to fight or run from me. You broke the law , you were caught , and i will do my best to subdue you as easily and risk free as possible.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
She was on coc aine and oxycontin, she had been involved in 2 hit and runs, I'm glad we won't have to worry about her third. This woman, not the cop, is a piece of crap white trash crackhead.

And upto now, the above statement is probably the only one in this thread to hit the nail on the head.
Well, no, he didnt hit the nail on the head, it FELL after being tasered.

These sad, sad, sad cop bashing threads that are full of no-brainer posts written by people who have a grudge against the police because last month they gave him/her a parking ticket or they are part of the 'antisystem' brigade, who love to shout 'KILL COPS' because it's the hip thing to do, are taking over ATS.

The woman was menace to society. She was in the process of trying to escape custody after putting peoples lives at risk.

We only have the dash cam video to show what happened, we dont know what happened before, maybe she'd tried to escape or had been agressive, after all she was stoned.

What happened was unfortunate, and the cop has to live with this for the rest of his life, and i'm sure it will ruin his career, maybe next time he'll have doubt's about using the taser and his bad call, because of his fear to use the taser again, could cost HIM his life. Swings and roundabout's, lifes like that.

What is sad is that this thread, and their ilk, which has a misleading title and by misleading i mean a LIE, are always hijacked by those of ATS who have nothing constructive to add.
I refer to those amongst us who fail to sit and write an analisis on the subject matter, and just vomit a load of diahorrhea using the same, sad tired and boring rhetoric..kill cops, pigs, slobs, fat ass, police state, new world order etc etc etc.

The girl's now a vegatable, it's sad.
But NOBODY forced her to take drugs, drive and cause two accidents putting the lives of INNOCENT people, especially kids, at risk.
Nobody forced her to try and flee custody handcuffed.
I'm tired of repeating this, but here we go again -

WE CHOSE THE WATERS WE SWIM IN.

She made the call, she forced the situation, she was there by her own hand, she chose to take drugs and put herself behind the wheel.
The cop made a bad call, it was'nt intentional, but it happened.
She is the only person to blame here. Nobody else. Case closed.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

----

"The Taser is a weapon and it can clearly cause injuries and even deaths in some cases," Bozeman said. "The question is 'how likely is it to cause a significant injury" and whether that risk of injury outweighs the benefits it brings."

The whole point of this thread is that it's title is crap..
The taser did'nt do any harm, the fall did.
She banged her head, the taser did'nt strike her head.
The same thing might of happened had he tripped her up.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
The fact remains , a police officer who was not over weight could have ran and caught her without the need for the taser , the fact the female was cuffed and running makes this footage a key reason why the tax payer should expect a certain level of fitness be mandatory in the police department , I mean if this guy were a fire fighter he would have problems on the job with his weight and be putting his own life on the line.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by XUAFxOmega

It's not about a group of people. It's about power and it will corrupt people of any background. I am not saying there aren't any good cops, but I will say that you are more likely than not, if you have a few run ins with police in your life, you will have a bad one. I am not being ignorant. I am speaking from experience.

I also forgot to mention a good friend of mine's father was shot and killed by police, but that was before I met him.

You can look at this website for a few months and see a trend. Police murdering kids, tasing children and elderly, raping women, etc. There is corruption in all police departments, it's a fact of life. NYPD have had two corruption investigations in the last month, one involving cops planting drugs on suspects. Trust me, a run in with police puts you at more risk than avoiding them does. I don't know how anyone could think they benefit from the cops. Anyone in a situation where they need police are ill prepared for life. If they are forced into your life in a situation, it is more likely going to be a negative experience.

The only reason I would call them would be if I was trying to recover stolen goods from my house, but the odds are slim (did you get your stuff back?) the clearance rate is like 13 percent or less.
edit on 22-2-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972

Originally posted by abe froman
She was on coc aine and oxycontin, she had been involved in 2 hit and runs, I'm glad we won't have to worry about her third. This woman, not the cop, is a piece of crap white trash crackhead.

These sad, sad, sad cop bashing threads that are full of no-brainer posts written by people who have a grudge against the police because last month they gave him/her a parking ticket or they are part of the 'antisystem' brigade, who love to shout 'KILL COPS' because it's the hip thing to do, are taking over ATS.

What is sad is that this thread, and their ilk, which has a misleading title and by misleading i mean a LIE, are always hijacked by those of ATS who have nothing constructive to add.
I refer to those amongst us who fail to sit and write an analisis on the subject matter, and just vomit a load of diahorrhea using the same, sad tired and boring rhetoric..kill cops, pigs, slobs, fat ass, police state, new world order etc etc etc.

Just so you know, and you would know if you have read some of my replies, I hold no grudge against the police. I haven't broken any laws or even had a ticket in years. And I am a single human being and am no part of any "antisystem" group you speak of.

I do agree that parts of this thread have been hyjacked by cop bashers, and this was not my intention. My intention was to spark a debate on the use of force and the use of the tazer. I hold no control over what other members say in their replies.

I also am confused as to how the title is misleading to you. The woman who was handcuffed, was tazered in the back, and now she is braindead.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

So basically you are like the kid who throws the rock and hides his hand?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
You pro-tazer pro-cop people don't seem to have the same sense as pro gun owners. At least people in the NRA know that people kill people not guns. Same thing with Tazers. If you're going to draw a tazer you should be prepared to KILL that person as a side effect of INJECTING THEM WITH 10,000 VOLTS

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
O wait I forgot cops don't know E/IR... forgot that if they have too high of an IQ on their exams they get don't get hired... gotta be dumb enough to follow orders but not smart enough to question them right?
edit on 22-2-2012 by Swing80s because: dun wanna sounds like too much of a "cop basher"

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join