It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Cop Tazers Handcuffed Women In The Back. She Is Now Braindead.

page: 17
60
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Retikx
 


Yeah.. he would be in the same conversation, but she would just have a cracked rib and not be dead (brain dead same thing). That is what you don't seem to get, what cops don't seem to get. It doesn't matter if the cop was going to be in the same trouble does it? He SHOULD be in the same trouble either way. Hell if he would have let her go and been in the same trouble, would not the outcome have been better? The point is, screw the trouble the cop is going to get into, save the life.




posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by eNumbra
 



And while that argument works fine on a 100 pound girl who's only dangerous behind the wheel of a car it falls flat on it's face with real criminals.

Non-pursuit is not a viable option unless pursuit endangers the lives of bystanders.



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Originally posted by butcherguy
how about if the pool wasn't according to skin color, but something that is a more fitting analog. Like lawyers, or politicians, or used car salesmen.


Do you get it yet?


There is no difference, hating a group for a handful is what it is.

If you really have to justify it, then you have a serious problem.
edit on 2/21/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)
No, cops have a fraternity, they protect each other when they are doing wrong.

Like when a drunken idiot (PA state cop)was shooting walnuts off the top of fenceposts inside of a borough, occupied homes in the line of fire. Should he have been arrested? Was he? Of course not.

How about cops driving away from a party totally drunk. A partygoer asks.... Should you be driving? Cops answer..... Who's gonna arrest me? (he is a close relative of mine)

I have way too many of those unhappy memories.



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeerPark
reply to post by Sek82
 


This is what happens when you run, get no sympathy from me.


Same here... When you act like a total dumbass and decide to run away from a cop WHO IS TELLING YOU TO STOP, you deserve what you get...In this case its a taser in the back.... Its her fault that she is now braindead



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   


And while that argument works fine on a 100 pound girl who's only dangerous behind the wheel of a car it falls flat on it's face with real criminals
reply to post by eNumbra
 

Too bad that he wasn't dealing with a real criminal, eh?

I suppose he could have handled that situation better.



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by eNumbra

Originally posted by butcherguy
how about if the pool wasn't according to skin color, but something that is a more fitting analog. Like lawyers, or politicians, or used car salesmen.


Do you get it yet?


There is no difference, hating a group for a handful is what it is.

If you really have to justify it, then you have a serious problem.
edit on 2/21/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)
No, cops have a fraternity, they protect each other when they are doing wrong.

Like when a drunken idiot (PA state cop)was shooting walnuts off the top of fenceposts inside of a borough, occupied homes in the line of fire. Should he have been arrested? Was he? Of course not.

How about cops driving away from a party totally drunk. A partygoer asks.... Should you be driving? Cops answer..... Who's gonna arrest me? (he is a close relative of mine)

I have way too many of those unhappy memories.


Have fun in your circle-jerk of hate, I'm done being dragged into arguments with people incapable of reason.



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra
 


We aren't talking about other criminals are we? Each case is specific, cops aren't robots are they? They have brains don't they? Can reason?



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
What if she feared for her life? What if she had reason to believe she would be raped?
Not saying it's likely, just saying you have no idea.
edit on 21-2-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.


Right, because a lot of rapes happen in police substations…
 


BTW…
I love how they have to include the persons age and weight, like that has some bearing on the officers actions. In reality it’s nothing more then a play for sympathy, to play on the readers emotions. 98lbs-400lbs, 20yo-75yo, you run from the cops in Florida, your going to either get a chemical bath or tazered. This is not an option, its part of Florida rules (use of force matrix) for taking a resisting person into custody.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy



And while that argument works fine on a 100 pound girl who's only dangerous behind the wheel of a car it falls flat on it's face with real criminals
reply to post by eNumbra
 

Too bad that he wasn't dealing with a real criminal, eh?

I suppose he could have handled that situation better.


And i bet the girl could have handled the situation better by not resisting arrest and not putting the cop in the situation to have to make a tough decision... Its all her fault...



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by eNumbra
 

Each case is specific,

Exactly, he thought she'd run out into traffic and made a decision.



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
20 years old and she had already gotten in more trouble than ive been in my entire life.

it doesnt seem to me that she was planning on using the life God gave her for anything positive or helpful, so i can hardly be surprised or upset about the way she chose to end it.

ive known quite a lot of people like her in my life, they were always good examples of how NOT to behave.
not a single one of them turned their life around, they just end up pulling more and more people down with them.



edit on 21-2-2012 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I hope all you supporters of this cop, dont ever have a family member arrested , who makes a bad Decision.

Just remember to smile at that family members funeral, no such thing as Excessive Force I guess.



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
What if she feared for her life? What if she had reason to believe she would be raped?
Not saying it's likely, just saying you have no idea.
edit on 21-2-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.


Right, because a lot of rapes happen in police substations…
 


BTW…
I love how they have to include the persons age and weight, like that has some bearing on the officers actions. In reality it’s nothing more then a play for sympathy, to play on the readers emotions. 98lbs-400lbs, 20yo-75yo, you run from the cops in Florida, your going to either get a chemical bath or tazered. This is not an option, its part of Florida rules (use of force matrix) for taking a resisting person into custody.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.



Exactly... If the cop was 80lbs and the perp was 100 would the use of a taser than be justified??? haha



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by EvilSadamClone
 


What if she feared for her life? What if she had reason to believe she would be raped?
Not saying it's likely, just saying you have no idea.
edit on 21-2-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)


What if she ran over a kid and an old lady. What if, she kicked the cop in the balls, headbutted him and ran because it was strike three.

This is the media experimenting with situations. We are all the guinea pigs. You are all so smart with your blind hate and or faith, when the common goal of ATS'ers is deny ignorance.

This is another sensationalist set up, that again succeeds in dividing and conquering the "truth seekers" for the sake of watching denying of ignorance, fail.

As ex-law enforcement, would I have used a taser? Not likely. I never wanted, nor was trained to carry one. Can fuzzy the lines on implementation of a weapon. Makes it easier to shoot first and ask questions later.

It is likely, it was the quickest way to end the pursuit, however, again....FAR too many details left out of the story. All in pursuit of divide and conquer.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Demoncreeper because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
reply to post by Ahabstar
 


I found another source for this info here.

slumz.boxden.com...


The video shows Maudsley fleeing a back door of the substation with Cole following closely behind.

Maudsley was arrested for her alleged involvement in two hit-and-run crashes and driving without a license.

Cole brought Maudsley to the substation to complete his paperwork before taking her to the Pinellas County Jail, according to FHP reports.

As she enters the parking lot, Cole deploys his taser and Maudsley hits the ground hard, with her head slamming into the asphalt.

"What were you thinking? What are you, stupid?," Cole can be heard asking Maudsley on the video.
"I can't get up," said Maudsley.
"I don't want you to get up," said Cole.
"I can't get up," Maudsley said again. The last words Maudsley has spoken since being tasered.

On the video, Maudsley loses consciousness about two minutes after hitting her head.
Maudsley's mother said the trooper should have used other means to stop her daughter from fleeing.


So people are pissed that the cop tasered her, OK I get that. Does it change anything that she was a suspect in 2 hit and runs? Honestly I would say the bad guy in this situation is the girl that is brain dead, not the cop.

But I know most people won't care what she was being detained for, and that she was trying to escape custody. They just hate police so much that a criminal is someone to pitty on.



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537
 




.. Its all her fault.

Yes, and summary execution is the answer, I suppose.

Screw the constitution, no trial for you.



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

I hope all you supporters of this cop, dont ever have a family member arrested , who makes a bad Decision.

Just remember to smile at that family members funeral, no such thing as Excessive Force I guess.


If my sister or brother decides to resist arrest and run away from a cop, while handcuffed, they will deserve the taser that will soon come... I will never feel sorry for stupid...



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It was legal so that makes it OK!



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow
 




She was cuffed. and UNDER ARREST. What you completely fail to understand here is that you have absolutely no idea whats going to happen minute to minute. Scenario- The officer doesn't taze the woman and instead gives chase on foot, the woman runs out onto the road full tilt trying to escape the officer and forces a person driving their car to swerve left or right to avoid hitting her and in turn plows into a mother and three young children walking along the sidewalk.

Are you getting the picture here!? grow up. You dont agree with the fact that your being arrested!?!?!?!??! GET A #ING LAWYER AND DONT SAY A GODAMN THING UNTILL THEY GET THERE.



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by jhn7537
 




.. Its all her fault.

Yes, and summary execution is the answer, I suppose.

Screw the constitution, no trial for you.


What the hell are you talking about??? She wasnt gunned down by a 9mm... she was tasered... these are weapons that are handed to cops to use in situations just like this... when a person resists, they are tazed... this happens all the time.... i guess it only matters now becuase a girl is braindead....



new topics

top topics



 
60
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

log in

join