It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Tazers Handcuffed Women In The Back. She Is Now Braindead.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by eNumbra

To this I will quote you being a hypocrit.
Two posts down from the one I replied to you say "And you keep grasping at hypothetical maybes because you have no other argument."

Which is exactly what you are decrying others for doing. You're argument doesn't work. It isn't likely that the outcome of her running would be worse than what happened. The cop could have easily gotten her some other way. Or hell let her go and charge her with a warrant and start stacking on charges for escaping.

Hindsight is always 20-20; what do you think the public outcry would be if the cops didn't bother to pursue suspects who fled custody and simply filed for a warrant to get them later?

At the time, the officer saw her running for traffic, assuming she would be hit by a car he went for what he knew would end the pursuit immediately: the taser.

He didn't think, "if i use this she might seize up and fall and hit her head on the pavement leading to brain-death, an outcome that, given the options has no potential 'could have been worse' outcome"

The argument does work, because it's either pursue her for however long he has to pursue her, or end it quickly. He chose the latter.

The outcome sucks, nobody can't argue that, that doesn't make the cop the murder half this thread has made him out to be.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
It is far more than a handful of your tribe that I am very familiar with, the numbers run into 3 digits.

Very few are good people. I know one that was good, before he became a cop. He breaks more laws now than he did before becoming a cop.

How would you feel if someone hand-picked between 100 and 999 black people and suggested that their actions stood for the actions of all black people?

None too happy I'd wager.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

The outcome sucks, nobody can't argue that, that doesn't make the cop the murder half this thread has made him out to be.
reply to post by eNumbra

I don't consider him a murderer.

I think he is a lazy, fat and stupid pig that FAILED to perform adequately at his vocation that he chose in life.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Don't run from the cops when handcuffed, you have nothing to break your fall. It is lazy since he was like RIGHT behind her, and being handcuffed slows you down, so he would have caught her. I've seen big cops run pretty frickin fast.

She was high on coc aine and oxycodone, driving with a suspended licence, and left the scene of two accidents that day, THEN after getting arrested and handcuffed, she tries to run! She might not have deserved it, but this is a lesson to everyone else: don't act brain-dead, and you won't become brain-dead.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

reply to post by eNumbra

I don't consider him a murderer.

I think he is a lazy, fat and stupid pig that FAILED to perform adequately at his vocation that he chose in life.

Because he couldnt catch a skinny 20 year old girl??? When a cop tells you to stop, you should probaby stop... when you continue to run the cop should be allowed to use the non-lethal weapons he carries at his disposal, which in this case is a taser gun.... The girl would be perfectly fine if she didnt run away once in cuffs..If she is braindead now, its all her fault. If she stands still nothing would have happened...
edit on 21-2-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

It is far more than a handful of your tribe that I am very familiar with, the numbers run into 3 digits.

Very few are good people. I know one that was good, before he became a cop. He breaks more laws now than he did before becoming a cop.

How would you feel if someone hand-picked between 100 and 999 black people and suggested that their actions stood for the actions of all black people?

None too happy I'd wager.
how about if the pool wasn't according to skin color, but something that is a more fitting analog. Like lawyers, or politicians, or used car salesmen.

Do you get it yet?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Malcher

Yeah.. It know. It's actually rarely seeing some extravagant thing and also rarely seeing things that aren't there. It is rare to see things that aren't there with hallucinogens let alone speed. Cocaine, would likely only have those effects after staying awake on it for a while which is unlikely. Formication is more likely in drugs like meth, that are cheap and allow people to stay up for days at a time. It isn't the drugs, but the staying up for days because of the drug is what causes it.

It has nothing to do with staying awake necessarily but maybe that would be some kind of factor. It's all the way the drug effects the brain. A good friend of mine jumped out of a window from paranoia, i have no idea what he was seeing or thinking when he did but he was smoking crack at the time. He survived but died a few years later anyway. Two good friends of mine died from coke, both in their late 20's so i know first hand od's from coke can be fatal.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

how about if the pool wasn't according to skin color, but something that is a more fitting analog. Like lawyers, or politicians, or used car salesmen.

Do you get it yet?

There is no difference, hating a group for a handful is what it is.

If you really have to justify it, then you have a serious problem.
edit on 2/21/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

So he should have just killed her with his pistol, right?

It would just be her fault.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Yes, it is her fault and her responsibility.

She should not have run, period.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

reply to post by jhn7537

So he should have just killed her with his pistol, right?

It would just be her fault.

No.... But he is allowed to use LESS than LETHAL force, which is a TASER GUN....

Please try and follow

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by pyrodude
And if he had tackled her and caused the same damage(very plausible) all of you lazy keyboard jockeys would have wanted him strung up for dropping his weight on her.
But I guaran-dam-tee that if this woman had done a hit and run on you and then tried to run from the police,

I Guaran-dam-tee if that was daughter , you wouldn't be so quick to buy the cop a donut.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Kind of a sad thing to see but if the officer would have pushed her she could have whacked her head. If he tackled her she could have been crushed. If he had shot her then I would say he used excessive force. The girl shouldn't have run. The taser seemed like a good idea until you realize that because she was where she was and that she was running when she hit the ground, she was bound to hurt something. He didn't look too lazy to me. Just a big ole boy trying to stop a criminal.

I don't know about all you cop haters. Have I met some that I think should be sent to prison and turned into bubba's woman? Sure... Are they all bad? No. Maybe if they let all the criminals go in your neighborhood you could see what they do for you. The world is f'd up...
edit on 2/21/2012 by Mike6158 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

That is the stupid kind of thinking that causes the cops to go overboard in the first place.

If the cop wasn't fired for what happened, and if cops aren't fired for unjustified killings everyday then they aren't going to be fired for saying, "she got away I couldn't catch her, I didn't think tazer was justified, and I discontinued persuit and called her description in when I realized pursuit might have endangered others" hell, they would be commended for being level headed, but even if they weren't they wouldn't be fired. It's nearly impossible to fire a cop.

Trust me there was never a fear of looking bad or getting in trouble if she got away. There might have been a fear of not making money, but no fear of losing his job or anything. It would have been embarassing, and I guess that I guess in the end that was more important than her life.
edit on 21-2-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

….And the moral of this story is…
Don’t flee from police.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

What if she feared for her life? What if she had reason to believe she would be raped?
Not saying it's likely, just saying you have no idea.
edit on 21-2-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

link   
I love how in the article it tells you the weight of both the officer and the woman. What the hell does that have to do with anything????? a 38lb 6 year old could shoot a tazer at a 400lb man and take him down just the same. This sensationalist BS just sickens me.

Ya the woman got tazered, and yes she smacked her head and now has brain damage.... Theres no right way of doing things anymore if you're a cop. If he grabbed her and held her on the ground and cracked a rib we would be having the same conversation here.

There is some people that frequent these anti police threads that say the most ignorant hateful sh!t about police offices, and i really hope that one day you pick up a phone and need the police for some dire reason and they just aren't there to help you. Cause you don't deserve it.

link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Yes, it is her fault and her responsibility.

She should not have run, period.

So a defenensless 100 pound handcuffed women is a threat to a 267 pound cop.

The way the Cops are evolving , they will soon shout us for Dangerous Driving.

Then running a Red Light will be enough.

Whats after that, Tax Evaders ?

What is the point where it will be enough.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

This is what happens when you run, get no sympathy from me.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

The cops are given these weapons for a reason.... She was RESISTING arrest... Tax evaders and people who are running a red light are not resisting arrest.... In your strange, twisted world cops shouldnt even carry weapons becasue they will never be justiied when used...

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join