It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excited Young People Film Strange Aerial Phenomenon In Oroville, CA.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

True. If you don't have a tripod or have no way to stabilize you camera hand then don't ever zoom in. Ain't gonna be pretty.

As for the previous poster who said the "orb's" acceleration to the right was too fast for a plane I beg to disagree.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Hmmm. Well I did watch the whole thing and nothing seems out of the ordinary. Remember those landing lights are awefully bright. Let me go back and take another gander and see how long those lights stay "suspended" in the air (or flying toward the camera) and do some calculations...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hovers to long for a landing plane imo, plus they seem pretty certain that the airport wasnt in that area.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

I'll also watch it again tomorrow after work. Getting too close to bedtime now

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

As much as I've grown to Dislike YT ufo videos....this is somewhat impressive.

I'm going to sit back and watch this play out...I don't think it can be easily dismissed.
Thanks OP
SnF

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

whatever the lights are, they seem to be interested in the clouds...maybe its some kind of remote drones collecting data of chem-sprayed clouds above, inside, and below them...dunno...anythings possible

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Didn't bother to read all the replies...buttholes can be exasperating. Sometimes I is one of those too, though.

I just wanted to say that although you are fairly new here, your open-mind, interesting observations, and contributions are welcome here as far as I'm concerned. Keep up the good work, I like your mind

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Looks genuine to me, but looks a bit like planes on a flight path as well and we also see the standard FAA lights on some planes (and the folks filming comment on blinking red lights even when we don't see it).

I'm not convinced that these guys know exactly where the airport is, or if they are aware how far away these objects are from them. They are totally taken up with the idea that it a mystical event, thats ok, but when you look at things like that rational thinking gets put to one side.

Was it you OP who said that you called up the local airport who said they didn't fly at night? Am I right in thinking that at the beginning of the video it was daytime / evening. If this video was taken recently wouldn't it get dark earlier this time of year?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Why would a plane flying AWAY from their location have bright landing lights?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Roger that. I wish it were close to bedtime here, too.

I took a look at the longest hangtime any one of those lights were in the sky. At 10:02 in the video that main central light hangs the longest for about 4.25 minutes. As it does so it slowly descends to the horizon and disappears. During this time two other lights come on scene. The second one begins accelerating to the right, and as it does so it gets dimmer and begins to blink (red methinks, as an indicator light on the wingtip).

Now, consider that light with the longest hangtime, (4.25 minutes) and then consider the airspeed of an airplane (Cessna would be my guess) on landing approach which is around 65 to 80 knots depending on conditions, (about 75 to 92mph). Taking an average of 83.5mph it travelled 83.5mph /60min x 4.25 min = 5.9 miles... Well within flight range and characteristics of a landing cessna. Makes sense, too... Here's why.

Google earth Oroville CA and look up the municipal airport. Notice it's location? Just south of Oroville. Notice that the lights they were recording were just about to the south, judging by the setting sun? Most likely they are Cessnas practicing their landing... Less traffic at night and a good time to practice touch and goes. Most municipal airports have pilot schools, and I'd imagine Oroville would be no different.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Flux8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

They don't seem to be flying away from the camera to me. They all seem to be flying at the camera, perpendicular to the camera, or any mix in between. What makes you think they are flying away from it?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Theres one at the start when she comments its flying away into the clouds, only seems to dim once it gets behind the clouds not because its flying away from the view.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
They look like they are floating because they are being filmed head on in their landing path ala bull# Lake erie UFO nonsense.

I am so tired of these fake ass ufo videos.

Yes, Aliens are real but they sure as hell aint flying over Lake Erie or Cali Pot Head country.

If anything, they travel interdimensionally(sp?) as many have experienced .

I dont know what people want to try to prove with these bull# vids. I hope you get a good giggle out of it because thats about all you will get.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

A couple of problems with this is, we don't know if they're standing North of the airport or South of it. Second, there is light that comes into play at the 1 min mark. This would be your landing lights and as you put it. Everything is relatively normal with the girls until this plane (coming in for a landing) goes straight up at the 3:40 mark. Ten seconds later you can definitively tell a heightened increase of excitement and fear in her voice. This is where the cussing comes in. And rightfully so, this plane coming in for a landing has suddenly veered off course and headed straight up in the air.

Now, what do you think about that? Was that a plane coming in for a landing?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by WALDOP
They look like they are floating because they are being filmed head on in their landing path ala bull# Lake erie UFO nonsense.

I am so tired of these fake ass ufo videos.

Yes, Aliens are real but they sure as hell aint flying over Lake Erie or Cali Pot Head country.

If anything, they travel interdimensionally(sp?) as many have experienced .

I dont know what people want to try to prove with these bull# vids. I hope you get a good giggle out of it because thats about all you will get.

Correction: Oroville is meth-head country.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

It doesn''t matter. it sure as hell isn't E damn T as some of you want to imply.

If anything its a helicopter that did that simple maneuver. Not Spielburg's homies.

STOP,,, JUST STOP POSTING BS

Have a serious debate about aliens but stop trying to fool people with nonsense . It only makes you look ignorant and makes the entire topic/alien truth movement look crazy.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WALDOP

Sounds like you want to have verbal go with me tonight. No problem sport, put on your thinking cap because you'll need it. Now before you decide to get into this debate with me as to why this is a good video, maybe go watch the whole thing first. Then come back if you've developed some critical thinking

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

no, I won't be wasting any more time on this bs.

continue on with your nonsense as I am sure a few people just might humor you

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
You can hear the guy say 'the airports in the opposite direction' then girl girl say 'that is not the #ing airport'. Then they have a conversation about whats over there and he says nothing is over there.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WALDOP

No. You didn't spend any time on this by the sounds of it because you didn't watch the whole video. But yet you know what it is. Laughable. Listen, if you're not really interested in this stuff then why even come here? If you don't want to learn then sit at the back of the class and just put your head down.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join