It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excited Young People Film Strange Aerial Phenomenon In Oroville, CA.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

The lights are not visible unless they were looking in the camera they said. Besides, none of those planes in your clip are equipped with lights.
2nd
edit on 20-2-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I see nothing in this video that could not be caused by any of the aircraft shown above .

Hi Gortex,

Thanks for participating.

I just got off the phone with Tom from Tabletop Mountain Aviation in Oroville, (530) 533-1313,

www.cityoforoville.org...

He told me that the gyrocopters would be rated as "Day VFR" and would not be flown at night or with lights.

They are daytime only.

Thanks for coming by.

X.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Xoanon because: ?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
To all,

This seems to be the person that posted this video originally...

Briar Rose's YouTube Channel...

www.youtube.com...

It looks to me like 'EbensR4Real' has moved in on her action.

Oh and at 10:43...

"This is not the f-ing airport!"

Sounds like they are not pointed at the airport. Advance the video to 10:43 to hear them discuss it.

Looks like a really good mysterious video, ATS.

Have fun.

X.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

I love that. It's great to go that extra mile eh?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I love that. It's great to go that extra mile eh?

Oh hell yes, brother. Phone still works.

X.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Idiotic video, made available from a typical moronic "youtube superstar" that hasn't met a alien conspiracy they haven't swallowed whole without chewing (seriously, look at the idiots channel) And stuff like this, in order to exist, requires legions of useful idiots that will pass it on. Sad state of our beloved subject...but hey, as long as it generate clicks, right?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Idiotic video, made available from a typical moronic "youtube superstar" that hasn't met a alien conspiracy they haven't swallowed whole without chewing (seriously, look at the idiots channel) And stuff like this, in order to exist, requires legions of useful idiots that will pass it on. Sad state of our beloved subject...but hey, as long as it generate clicks, right?

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

Did you happen to see this post where the OP explained this was the channel of the person who took the video and the one he posted in his OP was re-uploaded, before you got all frothy?

Most of us do get frustrated with the ridiculous videos posted, most of us refrain from commenting or nonchalantly point out it's fake or a plane etc, because even common things can fool ANYONE occasionally.

Relax and actually watch the vid, I think the OP found something that's worth watching for a nice change up. I think it's very possibly some kind of earth lights which in and of itself is pretty freakin' cool.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 20-2-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Nice one and worth a SF in my not so humble opinion. I don't know what it is but it's interesting. I didn't bother reading through all the " it's a bird, no it's a helicopter, no it's a ..." trash, gets kind of boring after a while. If I get the chance tomorrow I'll try to stabilize it and have another look. If it's worth the while I'll upload it somewhere and post a link. I did see where someone thought it was a helo but it looks to damned big to me even considering the flaring of the lights. We'll see.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I live in Auburn CA. My wife and I have been seeing planes flying in circular formations in the Northwestern sky almost every night from our back porch... Look on google earth and you'll see Oroville is Northwest of Auburn, about 50 miles or so as the crow flies... well within visibility with clear skies (60 miles or so). Looking at the video you'll see that they're shooting the "action" in the south just by the setting sun. That would make it somewhere above Liveoak and Gridley the way I reason... Right about where we've been seeing the planes, almost every night.

What we are seeing when the lights seem to hover in the sky and get bright are actually planes flying towards the camera with their landing lights on. As they begin a turn they get dimmer, and when the plane is flying relatively perpendicular to the observers they begin to flash. At this point we are actually seeing their indicator lights, hence why she says they're red...

Alas, they are most likely planes... Again, the same planes that my wife and I have been seeing for several months now. The same group of planes practicing night maneuvers. Sorry.

BUT, I won''t say that we haven't seen other things in the sky here in Auburn, and not just at night but during the day! Trust me, if/when you see it for yourself with your own eyes there will be no doubt that what you are seeing is not a conventional aircraft. As for weird lights in the sky, just a couple of nights ago my wife and I both watched a "star" in the night sky for some time all of a suden flare up extremely bright then dim down and disappear. It was not an iridium flare as the "star" remained in position for at least a good 2-3 minutes, hence not a satellite. And I haven't even mentioned the flat black acorn shaped object with lightining randomly flashing over it's surface that both my wife and I saw at different times of the year fly directly over Auburn last year. There is something going on, but I don't think this video vindicates it.

For those of you in Central Cali did you just see that bright green meteorite streak down out of the sky just now? (19:11 2/20/12). That sucker was bright and slow. Any meteorite hunters out there go look West/Southwest of Auburn. I'd guess in the 30-50 mile range. Beautiful!
edit on 20-2-2012 by Flux8 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2012 by Flux8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Interesting, just their reactions suggest something weird why else would they stand there for 20 minutes filimng it?

I have to be on the fence because they are just lights, nothing definitive. Loved the way that girl was going on though, sounded like something out of the Blair Witch lol dude wtf wtffffff. But these lights are coming from earth by the looks of things, one drops down to that point of light in the middle and another one comes up from it.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
reply to post by Xoanon

I have seen SOOOOOOOOOOO many of these little tiny-dancing-lights-on-the-horizon videos. They are fake. Please stop

So how did you exactly come to this conclusion?? From what i have seen so far in this video there is nothing to suggest that hey faked anything. They move properly behind vegetation, they seem to move convincingly compared to camera movement, which suggest they have not been added afterwards.

I am skeptic myself, so i am not suggesting they are alien spacecraft, but these clearly do not look like they have been faked whatever it is.

At least when you try to debunk something you should at the very least explain why you think it has been hoaxed. Just because you have seen other videos with "flying lights" that has been hoaxed does not mean that this is one of them.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Those are definetly UFOs, Now I'm not saying they are from out of space, just that I can't not identify those lights, therefore are UFOs.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
They do remind me a lot of Hessdalen Lights (earth lights). Doesn't seem like anything typical or fake. Great find

Indeed they do and those lights have even been proven pretty much scientifically. They just don't know what causes them.
I bet some of the debunkers here would even scream hoax if this video was taken of the hessdalen lights.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Great video, Op.
S&F

Don't mind the ones who are spouting off the usual negatives. Especially when one posted only 3 minutes after you created your thread and the other admitted in one of my threads that ticking people off with his posts is an experiment he/she is currently undertaking.

It will be interesting to see if the video creator(s) make a habit of filming in this area. I'd be interested in seeing if this is a frequent event or sporatic in nature.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Okay I'm not expert on this but why the hell do they move the camera around so much? I mean I could understand shaky hands and cold but this is outrageous.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Amazing video. Star!

About 1/4 through the video one of the orbs seems to accelerate towards right of screen much faster than any conventional aircraft. This is a real headscratcher.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
Okay I'm not expert on this but why the hell do they move the camera around so much? I mean I could understand shaky hands and cold but this is outrageous.

That is what happens when you zoom in. Even tiny movements will then become exaggerated.
It is more or less impossible to keep a camera steady unless you have a tripod when you zoom in like that.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

I'm not sure you watched the whole thing but I see what you're talking about myself all the time (Logan Intn'l landing path) and a brief glance would tell me the same thing but watching the whole thing...some of the movements don't match it at all...or anything else other than perhaps drones or rc but then they're up too long for either of those. Having seen Hessdalen footage many times this is what it matches best to me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join