It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excited Young People Film Strange Aerial Phenomenon In Oroville, CA.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

I found this video while tramping around YouTube for recent UFO videos.

I know, it is 19 minutes long and looks like it might be Chinese lanterns, at first.

Advance the video to 11:00 minutes, that's where it starts to get a little weird.

The video also becomes a little tense at 4:18, I would check that out too.

What have these young people filmed? Be warned: these kids get pretty excited and the language reflects that at moments, in other words, caution: cursing. From the dialogue between the kids it sounds as though they have seen these before and were lying in wait for them.

Despite the language and very shaky camera work, the girl filming sounds very intelligent to me and seems to make a good amateur observer. She certainly is excited, and seems to be honestly so, about her video catch.

I don't personally think that these are any kind of nuts-and-bolts craft but I would entertain the idea that what they have captured may have some relation to something like the Brown Mountain Lights in North Carolina...

en.wikipedia.org...

Here is the video. I wanted to say once more that despite the length of the video and the shakiness, I ended up really enjoying it just as an example of its kind; a UFO video shot by sincerely excited observers. I really enjoyed the banter between the two young women. They are so geeky. I love geek girls.

Thanks for coming by to watch. I am anxious to hear what everyone thinks of this. Enjoy.

X.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

I have seen SOOOOOOOOOOO many of these little tiny-dancing-lights-on-the-horizon videos. They are fake. Please stop

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

What do you mean fake?

Like CGI fake?

Who calibrates your eyes? Mine are obviously off.

This video does not feature 'tiny dancing lights'

Did you watch it, Gwampo?

Plus, Gwampo, I would assume that you would be interested in phenomenon such as 'earth lights' being as it is that you live in Virginia and Ghost Lights are huge in Virginia...

www.twolanelivin.com...

X.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Xoanon because: ?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Judging by speed, light and size, I think they might be ultra-light planes or motorised hang-gliders ?

But that's only a rough guess.

Whatever it might be though, this is - as another poster pointed out - one of the more enjoyable UFO videos.

ETA: S&F for this one.
edit on 20-2-2012 by H1ght3chHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
reply to post by Xoanon

I have seen SOOOOOOOOOOO many of these little tiny-dancing-lights-on-the-horizon videos. They are fake. Please stop

Well one thing is for certain, this video surely isnt fake.

What we are actually seeing n the other hand is not yet determined.

Everything except for the amount of time that the object appears for, leads me t believe that it is nothing more than a helicopter in the distance.

The 18 minute duration of the film and the time of day, if this was filmed in the past few weeks would lead me to believe that it is a news chopper reporting on rush hour traffic. I've seen it myself many times ove and around major highways, bridges and metro areas.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RightWingAvenger

Wow some pothead growers up north saw lights in the sky...It's a plane. Big woop.

I'm really glad someone is growing potheads as we definitely do not want to run out of those.

Dude, not planes. I know better than to bring 19 minutes of 'planes' to ATS.

You didn't watch it did you? Even just from 11:00?

X.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RightWingAvenger

I can tell that you have never been to Oroville. Your statement comes from ignorance.

I lived for 10 years in that area, and attended Butte College in Oroville. It is a town like any other. Strange lights in the sky are the same no matter where on the globe they are filmed.

+3 more 
link   
Im n the fence here , you guys are just too quick to jump on every post with big feet and no real explanations or succinct comments other than to shout hoax!....
GaaaaH
Is every posted video a hoax?
I sncerely doubt it, if you can debunk this do so with some facts or logic at least.
S&F!

link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

The 18 minute duration of the film and the time of day, if this was filmed in the past few weeks would lead me to believe that it is a news chopper reporting on rush hour traffic. I've seen it myself many times ove and around major highways, bridges and metro areas.

Great answer, this would explain a lot, especially if there were an accident.

I suppose the distance at which it was filmed had dampened the blinking lights of the news choppers?

X.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Awesome find!

I watched the entire thing and this particular video cover major aspects of the typical debunking methods.

1. No reference points
Answer) Yes there are. Trees, lights in the trees, clouds, daytime video & nighttime video
2. Airplanes coming in for a landing -
Answer) No. Not near airport as stated by witness. At no point did any objects actually land during the time frame of 18 minutes. Bizarre flight movements
3. Chinese lanterns.
Answer) Not likely, multiple flight paths simultaneously, not going in a directional wind pattern. Large bright light at the end not conducive to candle lights.
4. RC airplanes -
Answer) Not likely. but will most likely be the number one guess.
5. CGI
Answer) Not likely. Largely in part to number 6
6.Jet counter surveillance flybys as told by witness and seen in the video.

Looking forward to hearing what some other critical thinkers have to say

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

sorry about all the lashing your taking!
i thought the video was interesting! these are what government 'experts' call swamp gas! (ya right).
chinese lanterns don't behave like that,you would be able to hear helicopters from far away, can't be 'ultr-lte' type aircraft,and if they are, a few looks like they crashed into the woods!!! i don't know what they are maybe earth quake lites?
you hear reports on weird lights before and after quakes. i think these people are truly being sincere with their reactions.
any way,cool post,and just remember,ant time you post ufo stuff on here,be ready for the aftermath that inevitably will follow!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by Xoanon

any way,cool post,and just remember,ant time you post ufo stuff on here,be ready for the aftermath that inevitably will follow!!!

Oh it's coming. I predict this might even be a hot thread for awhile. OP's video has got some classic stuff going on in there.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Thanks, you two, for the votes of confidence.

I watched this video at least twice and several parts more than twice before posting it.

I hope that it does not get ignored as I believe there is a ton of great stuff in there, including great stuff from a sociological point of view (all the dialogue and ongoing disclosure of feeling).

No, these are not planes, and they are not helicopters, and they certainly are not CGI.

My call at the moment is that this is a really choice video of 'earth-lights' they really look almost just like the Brown Mountain Lights. I am thinking Jacques Vallee not Jim Marrs.

Thanks again for coming by, I had a feeling that this one would intrigue the die-hards and veteran UFO buffs; those hungry enough for weirdness and those willing to sit through the whole vid.

Thanks for being here.

X.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Xoanon because: .

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon
Thanks, you two, for the votes of confidence.

I watched this video at least twice and several parts more than twice before posting it.

I hope that it does not get ignored as I believe there is a ton of great stuff in there, including great stuff from a sociological point of view (all the dialogue and ongoing disclosure of feeling).

No, these are not planes, and they are not helicopters, and they certainly are not CGI.

My call at the moment is that this is a really choice video of 'earth-lights' they really look almost just like the Brown Mountain Lights. I am thinking Jacques Vallee not Jim Marrs.

Thanks again for coming by, I had a feeling that this one would intrigue the die-hards and veteran UFO buffs; those hungry enough for weirdness and those willing to sit through the whole vid.

Thanks for being here.

X.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Xoanon because: .

Remind people to flag. This needs to be seen

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
They do remind me a lot of Hessdalen Lights (earth lights). Doesn't seem like anything typical or fake. Great find

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Indeed, Kali74

Thank you so much for that, they sure do...

Unusual lights have been reported here since 1940s or earlier. Especially high activity of Hessdalen lights took place from December 1981 until the summer of 1984 when lights were observed 15 to 20 times per week. The frequency of the lights caused a gathering of numerous tourists staying there overnight to see the phenomenon.[1] Since then, the activity has decreased and now the lights are observed some 10 - 20 times per year.
The Hessdalen light most often is a bright, white or yellow light of unknown origin standing or floating above the ground level. Sometimes the light can be seen for more than one hour. There are several other types of unexplained lights observed in the Hessdalen valley.

en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks for bringing that up. I am glad you liked the vid, it's a good one and the kids did a great job, I hope others take the time to watch.

X.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Im n the fence here , you guys are just too quick to jump on every post with big feet and no real explanations or succinct comments other than to shout hoax!....
GaaaaH
Is every posted video a hoax?
I sncerely doubt it, if you can debunk this do so with some facts or logic at least.
S&F!

No Kidding! that's extremely annoying.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceCowboy78

Hey cowboy, how about a flag for the OP

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Oroville Municipal Airport

I see nothing in this video that could not be caused by any of the aircraft shown above .

Airport Activity
According to the 2005 Airport Master Records and Reports, there are 25 single engine fixed wing aircraft, 2 multi-engine fixed wing aircraft, one helicopter, and four ultra-light aircraft based at the airport. A total of 36,000 aircraft operations were recorded in 2005. Itinerant aviation traffic accounted for 20,000 of the 36,000 operations in 2005. Approximately 96 percent of the operations were general aviation related.
www.cityoforoville.org...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join