It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should it be legal to kill pet cats roaming around the neighbourhood?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCommentator

Cats are predators by nature, you can't change that. It's also not exactly easy to keep a cat indoors if they want out they WILL find a way. Dont even dream of leaving a window open even if its screened and 2 stories up, they will get out to hunt. Most cats will only eat vermin anyway.

You are the child, the spider is a cat

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCommentator

Originally posted by selfharmonise

Originally posted by selfharmonise

I now think you're deliberately trolling.

No I’m simply sick of ignorant cat owners thinking their happiness is more important than the fragile ecosystem.
They are plain selfish and I have just as much right to kill their cat as their cat has to kill anything.

If you're not a troll then you've got major psychological issues that need sorting.

Try meditation -it may give you a different perspective on life.

A giant dose of grow up might also help.

Im fairly sure that cat owners are the only ones with psychological issues, and they certianly need to grow up and stop being so hypocritical.
F what you think of me
Im sick of scum like you ruining our environment

Darling, I dont own a cat.

Therefore, by your logic...how am I ruining the environment?

Assumption again?

Also, if all cat owners are the only ones with psychological issues, then I must be completely sane and talking complete sense.

I can see a cat owner's point of view...I can see a non-cat owner's point of view.

Maybe I am just more open minded than you.

I can see you're making a loose logical point that you will not let go of. Because allowing your mind to take in new ideas would not be as much fun as trolling animal lovers, would it?

edit on 18-2-2012 by selfharmonise because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973

.......... they are wiping out animals that until the arrival of the european settler had no predators. ........

So the source of the problem is not truly the cat.

Just sayin........

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by flyonthewall84

Aw....dude, sorry to hear about your kitty.

You might find this a bit comforting.

Rainbow Bridge

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher

How? What serial killer or psychopath has used someone killing someone as an excuse for killing that person?
This is ecology not murder.

Go ahead and rationalize murdering people's pets and also plan on prison.

Serial Cat Killer Strikes 34th Victim
gawker.com...[

Psychopathy is a personality disorder characterized by a pervasive pattern of disregard for, or violation of, the rights of others. e.g. neighborhood cat owners.

Your same logic would apply to humans and the environment...where does it end?
edit on 18-2-2012 by Regenmacher because: (no reason given)
Lol and how do you know what this persons motives are?
So its ok for cat owners to rationalize their cats ruining the environment and killing off native species but I am a psychopath to want to stop that.
If you noticed which I doubt you did because you seem ignorant, I did say that I would prefer it if cat owners would actually take responsiblity for their pets so others dont have too

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz

Originally posted by lacrimosa
reply to post by WeRpeons

if you can't leash a cat, keep them in your house! If it's against the law for dogs to roam unleashed than it doesn't give a cat owner the right to let their cats roam.

but cats dont attack people and crap in playparks (yes i know your dog would never do this). where as i cant see any problems with cats roaming free.
silly thread.

The point is that they attack native wildlife, which happens to be just as important as any person if you understand ecology.
Why is a cat the only pet in the entire world where owners do not want to keep it safe and stop it from harming other animals?
Your clearly ignorant if you can’t see problems with cats roaming free

C'mon people haven't you ever seen the Lion King and learned how the circle of life goes?

If a cat attacks native wildlife, it's his nature. Let me say that again. If a cat kills, it's his NATURE. If you stop a cat from killing you are effecting that circle. Just like any other ecosystem, cats serve a purpose in life. JUST LIKE WE ALL DO. For anyone to tamper with that, is tampering with nature.

Are you ignorant or just plain dumb
its not their nature because they are not native.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkchemistry
if evolution is whats missing then leave them alone and let the species adapt and evolve, killing one animal to save another? It's a cats nature get over it, the process is survival of the fittest to evolve and adapt to adversity. I am 3/4 native of the continent called America, how about I shoot you and keep the cats? Because you are ruining my native habitat.
Are you ignorant or just dumb,
its not their nature because they are not native.
You must be the dumbest little crap I have ever seen on this site.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
I have two cats that are quite happy being indoor house cats. They have been that way since kittens. They play with their catnip toys, climb on their cat-perches, sit in the windows watching birds and people, and sleep nice and cozy on their soft beds.

When cats are spayed and neutered as kittens, they lose their "obsession" with roaming - at least that has been my experience.

So, while I don't think cats should just be shot, I do believe people should keep their cats indoors, or move to the country where they won't disturb anyone outdoors. And I STRONGLY believe in spaying/neutering.
This!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

They are not native predators you ignorant sack of potatos

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by selfharmonise

Well for one you are supporting these sick cat owners

Because allowing your mind to take in new ideas would not be as much fun as trolling animal lovers, would it?
So because I disagree with someone I am a troll?

Please dont call them animal lovers, they are cat lovers and they think every other animal should suffer for that love

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Your the one looking for an excuse too destroy living things for the hell of it.In that case your not native either justify that.....

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

You have mental issues

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

Your the one looking for an excuse too destroy living things for the hell of it.In that case your not native either justify that.....

Ive explained to you my reasons and just because you dont understand them as your ignorant you assume I just want to kill things, yeah right, its fairly obvious you do not know what your talking about in this issue so how is your opinion valid.

You have mental issues
Right so I should just allow more native species to be wipped out by cats and that would be ok because it makes cat owners happy

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

As a human you do MUCH more harm in one year than a cat can in hundred lifetimes.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf

As a human you do MUCH more harm in one year than a cat can in hundred lifetimes.
Well like most responsible people I try and limit that harm as much as possible.
Cat owners who could easily limit this harm choose not to.
Once again, the basic principles of keeping a pet are 1. keeping it safe. 2. stopping it from hurting others.. If you cant do that you should not be keeping a pet

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Right so I should just allow more native species to be wipped out by cats and that would be ok because it makes cat owners happy

Dude, you've been shown more than once that this is a fabrication. Sorry about your dog. Sorry you think it was a cats fault that it got run over but this won't fly with reasoning people no matter how much you want it to.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Dude, you've been shown more than once that this is a fabrication. Sorry about your dog. Sorry you think it was a cats fault that it got run over but this won't fly with reasoning people no matter how much you want it to.
No its not, any poster from Australia knows exactly what I am talking about, the cat is a huge threat to our species.

I have had the same dog for like 15 years

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I have friends in Australia who would never ever hurt a pet cat,or dog, or anything that must try to survive on its own, regardless of what they are capable of doing. There are many many more humane options than killing. Anyone who thinks it's okay to kill an animal because it is a nuisance needs more help than can be provided on this site.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsaying

I have friends in Australia who would never ever hurt a pet cat,or dog, or anything that must try to survive on its own, regardless of what they are capable of doing. There are many many more humane options than killing. Anyone who thinks it's okay to kill an animal because it is a nuisance needs more help than can be provided on this site.
I agree, but no one is willing to take these more human options; so when is enough enough?
It is ok to kill an invasive species to protect native ones; this is a firmly established process. The only difference is that people think a pet has more rights than non pets, which they do not.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join