It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should it be legal to kill pet cats roaming around the neighbourhood?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCommentator

You never answered my question from way earlier in the thread about whether you eat meat or not?

If you are a vegan ?

I see this as relevant and expect a direct response.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfharmonise

You never answered my question from way earlier in the thread about whether you eat meat or not?

If you are a vegan ?

I see this as relevant and expect a direct response.
I told you that I do eat meat. But I do not eat endangered or threatened species like cats so it’s ok.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Tell us how you limit harm in detail.

I'd like to hear about your 'harm' footprint.
edit on 18-2-2012 by selfharmonise because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

So by default, you subscribe to the methods of the animal farming industry.

I get where you're coming from, that has NO impact on any indigenous species.

Like your thinking.

Sarcasm delivered for free.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I'm letting my cats out to hunt, just for you. You drive and produce trash so not exactly Captain Planet yourself

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf

I'm letting my cats out to hunt, just for you. You drive and produce trash so not exactly Captain Planet yourself

Not sure his harm footprint is that big, not convinced he has a driving license yet.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by selfharmonise

Tell us how you limit harm in detail. I'd like to hear about your 'harm' footprint.
I limit my harm in lots of way. I strictly use organic products, limit water and electricity consumption, have my own food garden that produces a majority of my food along with chickens, I also have a garden entirely filled with native plants so to create a sanctuary for native animals, I collect lots of rainwater to water my garden and only use tap water for drinking/cooking/showering.. The list goes on..

So by default, you subscribe to the methods of the animal farming industry. I get where you're coming from, that has NO impact on any indigenous species. Like your thinking. Sarcasm delivered for free.
For red meat I mainly eat kangaroo which is farmed in a way safe for the environment, I eat fish from local farms that are very sustainable and I eat chickens from sustainable sources also. All organic.
And before you gobble on like a hen kangaroos are abundant in Australia and these ones are breed for their meat.

No sarcasm needed in my post

Love to hear your comeback

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf

Psychopath

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
No it should not legal to kill pet cats roaming around the neighbourhood and you're a cruel sicko for suggesting it.

If you have a problem with too many stray cats in your neighborhood. Pick up the phone and call animal control.
But before you do consider the fact that the cat you think is a stray might actually belong to one of your neighbors.

They probably love their cat, even if they didn't put a collar on it. They might have children and you will be breaking those childrens hearts. If they don't have children then the cat might be considered to be like their child.

I am a pet owner. Personally, I think people like you should be killed before any cat.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

How can you prove it?

There's my comeback.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdRock69
No it should not legal to kill pet cats roaming around the neighbourhood and you're a cruel sicko for suggesting it.

If you have a problem with too many stray cats in your neighborhood. Pick up the phone and call animal control.
But before you do consider the fact that the cat you think is a stray might actually belong to one of your neighbors.

They probably love their cat, even if they didn't put a collar on it. They might have children and you will be breaking those childrens hearts. If they don't have children then the cat might be considered to be like their child.

I am a pet owner. Personally, I think people like you should be killed before any cat.
So its sick to kill an animal unless you use a cat to do it.
As I said earlier, going by cat lovers logic I can just use a cat to kill cats and its ok.

Call animal control so they can kill them? What is the difference..

Im sure people love their cat but that is not more important then the conservation of native species and never will be.

If you agree animals are important, why let cats destroy them when they could easily be locked up so to not hurt themselves or other animals, which is a basic principle for animal care

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

How can you prove it?

There's my comeback.

How can you disprove it?

Why couldnt you just admit I was right?
edit on 18-2-2012 by TheCommentator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
You argue like a surly teenager, but live like an Eco-Warrior....?

You dont ring true for me.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

You argue like a surly teenager, but live like an Eco-Warrior....?

You dont ring true for me.

How do I argue like a surly teenager? Im not an eco warrior, I just respect planet earth.

You dont ring true for me? Ok, I am sorry for that.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCommentator

Originally posted by Darkchemistry
if evolution is whats missing then leave them alone and let the species adapt and evolve, killing one animal to save another? It's a cats nature get over it, the process is survival of the fittest to evolve and adapt to adversity. I am 3/4 native of the continent called America, how about I shoot you and keep the cats? Because you are ruining my native habitat.
Are you ignorant or just dumb,
its not their nature because they are not native.
You must be the dumbest little crap I have ever seen on this site.

Arguing like a surly teenager....proof above.

Eco-Warrior? Doubtful.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

if evolution is whats missing then leave them alone and let the species adapt and evolve, killing one animal to save another? It's a cats nature get over it, the process is survival of the fittest to evolve and adapt to adversity. I am 3/4 native of the continent called America, how about I shoot you and keep the cats? Because you are ruining my native habitat.

Eco-Warrior? Doubtful.
Did you actually listen to the person who I was responding to?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Eco-Warrior? Doubtful.

No, I don't have the ability to hear them. But I did read their posts.

Their views are their views.

You said more about you in your response to them.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Eco-Warrior? Doubtful.

You say I argue like a surly teenager, yet the tactics you resort too are that of someone pre-puberty.
Their views were clearly stupid, saying that it was a 'cats nature' when the whole thread has been about them attacking native species.
Stop trying to discredit me because you can’t discredit my argument.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Eco-Warrior? Doubtful.

You say I argue like a surly teenager, yet the tactics you resort too are that of someone pre-puberty.
Their views were clearly stupid, saying that it was a 'cats nature' when the whole thread has been about them attacking native species.
Stop trying to discredit me because you can’t discredit my argument.

I don't need to discredit you.

You're doing that all by yourself.

Your argument is based on a simple premise. Pet cats kill native species, so we should be able to kill pet cats.

But it's not as simple as that, because we have legal structures, cultural and societal rules and expectations which mean that if we live as part of any community of humans then we need to find a way to solve common problems.

The solution to the problem needs to be appropriate to the scale of the problem. Granted.

Whilst yours is an extreme view, it doesn't represent the majority of those responding.

Not once have you presented evidence. Not once have you really stepped away from the anecdotal.

You should have closed your thread at the title, because you seem to have missed the point that this is a discussion board.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by selfharmonise

Your argument is based on a simple premise. Pet cats kill native species, so we should be able to kill pet cats.
Well it should be worded, cat owners are allowed to let their cats kill native species, will not take responsibility and properly look after their animals so we should do something about it as to not let an invasive species kill native species when they could be controlled.
See if there was a way to stop cane toads, every person in Australia would jump at the opportunity, but there isn’t. With cats there is a solution, and we don’t take it because cat owners are too selfish to care about others.

Clearly legal structures are not sound.

There are many other solutions to this problem, they have been around forever. But when is enough enough, how long are they allowed to do this before something is done? Because clearly we can’t leave it to cat owners to fix.

Not once have you presented evidence. Not once have you really stepped away from the anecdotal.
That’s simply not true, nor do I need it really. Its established fact that cats are dangerous in Australia and its established fact that to properly look after a pet you need to stop it from hurting itself or others, otherwise its animal abuse.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join