It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we be spitting at our troops?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Whoa wait for me
But hold the kittens , they give me gas
But sucking stem cells from a Fetas mmmmn finger licking good
( like Chris Reeves ( superman ) in south park hehe )

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Threads like these often pit ATS members against each other, it really doesn't make for good reading... OP, if you're still keeping track of your thread here, I'd suggest you write your politicians and president as they are the ones that direct the armed forces. The soldiers themselves are just doing a job just like everyone else and most of them do a great job at representing our country well.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

We need to force our soldiers to think about the policies they are being used to enforce and whether those policies are actually in line with the oath they took to defend our country and the constitution.

We need to force our citizenry to think about the policies they are being used to create and whether those policies are actually enforceable, and ask themselves if the expectations they place on their soldiers is even possible.

How many laws are there in America? Specifically, what is the number of manditory expectations a law abiding citizen must conform to and abide by in order to be a law abiding citizen?

Are these laws required learning in schools?

Can any child born today live long enough to learn the number of laws that exist, what they all are word for word, and what they all mean when held in context with eachother simultaneously?

If other countries refuse to abide by and conform to all of our (America's) laws is it right to start bombing them and killing them and their children until they are willing to abide by all our laws and our "freedom" and "democratic" way of life?

HOW MANY LAWS ARE THERE IN AMERICA? Hell, the internet doesn't even know!

Solution/options:
Vote for more law makers to make more laws and pay them with money we can't afford. Seems totally logical, Americans.

FACT:
America's current model of government was created hundreds of years ago BECAUSE:
It took weeks, months, and in some cases years to get information from point A to point B.

Truth:
Americans are BOTH unwilling and incapable of doing what has to be done to fix the current situation.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
Whoa wait for me
But hold the kittens , they give me gas
But sucking stem cells from a Fetas mmmmn finger licking good
( like Chris Reeves ( superman ) in south park hehe )

How could one ever forget the sweet taste of a fetus?
Those are a delicacy over here. They need to package them into MREs because there's really a high demand for them.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Infact
If some one could go to YouTube find a vid called cake'n'ass And post it ( I can't from here )
It was made by some Brit troops I worked with briefly - might put a few things in perspective for some
edit on 16-2-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added a few words

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
We should be respectful and honorable in any situation, just shed them out in the cold, no need to get brutal.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
You can tell who actually used their brain and read the op from the idiots who jump upat the "slightest diss" of soldiers.

Im sure the op wasn't talking about physically spitting on them but omg stfu gtfo

Some good points were made by a vet, I'd star & flag if I wasn't on my phone.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It does not matter what a democratic government policy is you NEVER EVER spit on your troops nor ever disrespect them, unless they have broken the law. Soldiers who fight for your country put their lives on the line without question. Any anger should be directed at politicians who make the decision on where troops are sent.

Before anybody comes out with contrived situations where troops shoot their own citizens that situation will ALWAYS involve some illegal action somewhere in which case the citizen is perfectly entitled to shoot or spit back!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaxi0n

Originally posted by steve95988

Originally posted by rockledr
I am active Army with 23 years experience. For all of you who want to spit on troops, come to Fort Drum and put your money where your mouth is. But be forewarned... Don't let your aligator mouth overload your mockingbird A$$. We have 10,000 troops who have recently returned from both countries. The only thing between you and ud is air and opportunity. As I have said before come get some.

but, i can guarantee 85 percent of these "troops" u call them, will be locked up n prison or commit other acts of violence! so take your tuff guy attitude to the slammer solder!!!

oh and its experience not your way of spelling lol!!
edit on 01/04/2009 by steve95988 because: poor spelling by a soldier

lol awesome! typical American behavior! gotta love the sheeples!!

85 percent huh? I'd like to know where you pulled these statistics from, even though I'm sure I already have an idea

you* in* tough* soldier* it's*
Before you try to critique other people's spelling, maybe you should check your own

How embarrassing.
edit on 2-16-12 by reaxi0n because: (no reason given)

Beautiful
star for you
( well their will be when I get to a device that will let me - sorry not in a comfy chair in a warm house infront of a computer Like many spend their lives)
edit on 16-2-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added apology for star

typical american behavior right there sheeples!
edit on 01/04/2009 by steve95988 because: nm

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockledr
I am active Army with 23 years experience. For all of you who want to spit on troops, come to Fort Drum and put your money where your mouth is. But be forewarned... Don't let your aligator mouth overload your mockingbird A$$. We have 10,000 troops who have recently returned from both countries. The only thing between you and ud is air and opportunity. As I have said before come get some.

but, i can guarantee 85 percent of these "troops" u call them, will be locked up n prison or commit other acts of violence! so take your tuff guy attitude to the slammer solder!!!

oh and its experience not your way of spelling lol!!
edit on 01/04/2009 by steve95988 because: poor spelling by a soldier

lol awesome! typical American behavior! gotta love the sheeples!!

85 percent huh? I'd like to know where you pulled these statistics from, even though I'm sure I already have an idea

you* in* tough* soldier* it's*
Before you try to critique other people's spelling, maybe you should check your own

How embarrassing.
edit on 2-16-12 by reaxi0n because: (no reason given)

Beautiful
star for you
( well their will be when I get to a device that will let me - sorry not in a comfy chair in a warm house infront of a computer Like many spend their lives)
edit on 16-2-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added apology for star

typical american behavior right there sheeples!
edit on 01/04/2009 by steve95988 because: nm

You mad because I embarrassed you?

And it's even funnier because Neocrusader isn't American LOL.

LOL.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Lol u serious? You remember Vietnam?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Yeah rack up the count for yet another troop bashing thread.

People like you are ruining ATS.
I hear Westboro is recruiting so how about you put your money where your mouth is and go protest some funerals or something.
edit on 2-16-12 by reaxi0n because: meh

Yeah I hear he's a Nazi too.

The pedestal that soldiers are placed upon, whether good or bad, does seem contrived to say the least.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

If you do I hope you get your ass handed to you in a hat. They are following orders and a lot of them don't know what you and I think we know. You also don't know exactly what is happening behind the scene. A lot of them also are questioning what is happening but until some General ransacks the white house with a division of troops then not much is going to be done about it.

My dad always told me that if someone spits on you to beat them like you have never beat anyone before because its the ultimate sign of disrespect.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Well, if the nation really wants to thank the troops, why don't they start by listening to them. For example, who do they support for President? That might be an important point. So let's say that the US Army, Navy and Air Force were the top 3 contributors to presidential candidate A, and Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan and Citibank were the top 3 contributors to presidential candidate B, how 'bout honoring the troops by listening to their voice and not that of the mega-banks. Just a thought.

PS: 9 years US Army here...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1

Yeah rack up the count for yet another troop bashing thread.

People like you are ruining ATS.
I hear Westboro is recruiting so how about you put your money where your mouth is and go protest some funerals or something.
edit on 2-16-12 by reaxi0n because: meh

Yeah I hear he's a Nazi too.

The pedestal that soldiers are placed upon, whether good or bad, does seem contrived to say the least.

Uh...the only pedestal I see here is the one that the "anti war" bunch who elected war mongers and do nothing but whine about the outcome, put themselves on.

All we ask is to be treated fairly. But you have to be a drama queen about it.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

you should try living in a really hard core third world country for a year or two, as a citizen so you can get the real picture of freedom and what it is worth. easy to sit around and shoot your mouth off about killing dark skinned people (I noticed you put in dark skinned) what was that for, the minority vote? do you think there are no light skinned people over seas? Soldiers do not deserve you hatred, which you seem full of, why don't you go to Washington and do something about this instead of sitting around typing on a computer keyboard? put your money where your mouth is if you feel so hard about this. it is always easy to sit around and write some scathing post about the military from your easy chair, and do nothing about it in real life. I am sure no soldier would want your thanks, I didn't cry when they called me a baby killer but it made me hate a lot whiny little losers like you...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

I've said it many times. The way to end these wars of adventure is to send the politicians that start them to fight in those wars. This would bring an instant end to those wars.
I do not in any way blame the troops who enlist, because they think they are doing something noble, or they are enlisting because they can't get a JOB here in the US. When the politicians and the MSM stop encouraging those wars, they will end, and then perhaps, just perhaps, our military can do what the department that they are under, the DEFENSE department, is supposed to stand for- DEFENSE of our country.
Put them on the border to stop the drugs from flowing here, and put an end to the illegal entry of 15,000,000 people, who are putting a tremendous strain on state budgets.

But thats not the american way, being accountable for what you are doing. If the politicians had to go and fight, they actually have to do something. Is that American? I beginning to think not. To be American, you do nothing, you blame others, and you complain about everything. We're so full of exceptionalism and triumphalism that we're literally blind or ignorant of our own actions and the ramifications of such actions. Will we learn? Probably not, our system will most likely come to a collapse in the near future, and our world will fall back into a primitive state of dictatorship across the board.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

To be American, you do nothing, you blame others, and you complain about everything.

To be American,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, my ancestors fought for this nation and for my right to be here........I was born with a social security number and registered birth cirtificate.................Born not too far from the Gateway Arch......Did I mention that my ancestors are known to go back to the 1600's........

To me over the few 33 years I have lived on this rock...........I have taken more appreciation to the one's that struggled and made it happen for me to be here......I go to all of my family reunions......

But anyways,,,I can ramble on and on........

I wanted to ask you................What in your opinion..............

Does it take to be an american???????

On a side note:::::::::I support the troops because I have friends and family that are serving.....or served.............

I thank them for doing it.........I have shaken many a vets hands and said thanks.......
edit on 16-2-2012 by liejunkie01 because: spelling,,,,,,,I'm american

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

To be an american, you have to be responsible for yourself, you can't expect anyones going to save you, but you. YOU have to be accountable for your actions, if you decide to go running next to a pool, and slip and cut your head open, your accountable for that, not the pool owners, you don't get to just sue whoever cause you can't control yourself. You have to stop complaining and do something about whats going on. I respect our troops, but I feel like I have no way out. The government does pretty much whatever it wants, the people don't have control anymore, because they simply don't know, or aren't educated enough to understand.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

No, spitting does hardly anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join