It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you love the USA?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

I have to 2nd that, American music has been the most influential on my life. I've been Djing house music since I was 16, music created in Chicago and exported to the UK where we embraced it with open arms. The techno scene in Detroit has also been a huge influence in the development of dance music.

Thank you America for House.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Everything you said....

Why then does Australia not lead?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Kryties

Everything you said....

Why then does Australia not lead?

Why does America feel the need to lead?

Answer that.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCommentator

If the fighting had reached the shores of Japan during WW2.
The Japanese would have fought until the last man,woman
and child had died before surrendering.
I don't like that my country dropped atomic bombs on another.
I like it even less that my country was left with no other choice.
Those two bombs killed many thousands but they ended that
war.
I happen to have a japanese aunt, who is a survivor of the bomb
dropped on Nagasaki.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
OP, The question you should ask is "Why do so many people love the USA?".

Seeing as the US is ranked in the top 3 if not first in the world's most migrated-to countries, and is the most desired place for everyone around the world to live in, it's fair to say that the majority of the world either likes the USA, or envy it so much that it wishes to live there.

USA has immigrants from all over the world, including the places which you seem to talk about when repeating your catch-phrase "slaughter of millions of innocents".

So why don't you simply ask these immigrants why they so enjoy living in the USA? Why were they willing to leave everything behind and move into the "Great Satan"?

Could it be that USA, even with all of the government's corruption and unfairness, is still a much, MUCH better place to live at than anywhere else in the world?

So yeah, how come so many people seem eager to move there?
(By saying that, I also imply that even you, if given the chance, would move into the USA in a jiffy)

Also - where do you live?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Insearchofthetruth1987

but most of all i hate usa for calling football soccer :@

Actually mate, we Aussies call it Soccer too. Our version of Football is Union or League.

Just a little FYI

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

But people don't migrate to the USA from places which matter.

Just from hovel countries, third world, "developing world" etc.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy

Seeing as the US is ranked in the top 3 if not first in the world's most migrated-to countries, and is the most desired place for everyone around the world to live in, it's fair to say that the majority of the world either likes the USA, or envy it so much that it wishes to live there.

The majority of those 'migrants' are illegals escaping from even worse countries. They have simply picked the lesser of two evils. Nobody seriously wants to go to the US these days because it is a desired place to live.

So yeah, how come so many people seem eager to move there?
(By saying that, I also imply that even you, if given the chance, would move into the USA in a jiffy)

Not a chance in hell would I move to the US in the current state that it's in. You're implication is all in your head.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
So why has Why Do You Love Iran been moved to Off Topic Rants and Why Do You Love the USA/Canada/Israel allowed to remain in this forum?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
This thread is rabid with Americans blowing smoke up their own arse. Talk about arrogance.

edit on 15-2-2012 by daaskapital because: Fix up

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy

Um, you do know right that the top desirable places to live are ranked as such:

1) Norway
2)Australia
3)Netherlands
4) USA

This was from a UN report released 6 -12 months ago.

www.terminalu.com...
edit on 15-2-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I'm not going to make a comment about how much influence the US and US culture has had upon me personally or the world other than to say a lot of good and bad comes from the US, which is quite expected.

I would say that everybody should visit the USA at least once in their life and that in my experience even those that don't like the US find the country interesting. Perhaps they wouldn't want to live there, but a good place to go none the less.

I do find some answers a bit strange though - I mean Beezer loves the US because of the constitution??? Not the landscape, not the people, not mamma's apple pie or the feeling that a person can make it in the US if you put your mind to it?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by freethinker123
or the feeling that a person can make it in the US if you put your mind to it?

Thing is, while that once may have been true, it is no longer. The big corporations do not allow it - they don't want competition for their trillions.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I've never seen so many America haters on one site ever...I swear this site was made for people to bash America, that's all I ever see on here. America this America that, nooo other country can do wrong it's only the United States that's evil. Give me a damn break, we're not perfect yet far from being a like let's say, Iran?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Yeah, I know, but that isn't what I mean. I'm talking about that feeling that many people have when they go there for the first time. They have that exciting impression that they could make it, start a new life etc.

By the way just cause you Aussies call Aussie Rules 'football', doesn't make it football

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjjigga
I've never seen so many America haters on one site ever...I swear this site was made for people to bash America, that's all I ever see on here. America this America that, nooo other country can do wrong it's only the United States that's evil. Give me a damn break, we're not perfect yet far from being a like let's say, Iran?

Whinge moan, whinge moan. That's all I ever see from Americans when somebody DARES to criticise their country.

You claim to be world leader and world police yet don't want to take responsibility for your actions that have sent this world into a complete mess? I believe we call people like you cowards.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by freethinker123
reply to post by Kryties

By the way just cause you Aussies call Aussie Rules 'football', doesn't make it football

We call Rugby League, Rugby Union and Aussie Rules 'football'

I do agree with you though, I hate Aussie Rules (AFL). League and Union I can stand but not AFL.

Sorry for the off-topic

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by jjjigga

Whinge moan, whinge moan. That's all I ever see from Americans when somebody DARES to criticise their country.

You claim to be world leader and world police yet don't want to take responsibility for your actions that have sent this world into a complete mess? I believe we call people like you cowards.

So where is this perfect Utopian country you live in huh? I don't care if someone criticizes the United States, fine by me we deserve it. It's when threads like these are made to purposely bash America that I get annoyed that's all. Nobody ever wants to talk about the good, always the bad. You people always focus on the negative, a bunch of debby downers you are.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Another reason for LOVING THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA...

I am a highly-educated, pompous American @$$hole...and I AM PROUD OF IT! :up
edit on 15-2-2012 by maestromason because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jjjigga

More whinging and moaning. Do you seriously believe that the US is not responsible for much of the worlds current problems? Do you serious think we 'foreigners' are just going to stand here, bend over and take it where the sun don't shine because we fear 'offending' ignoramuses like yourself?

America and it's people spend so much effort advertising how damn great your country is, you expend trillions of dollars poking your noses into other peoples business and expect that we will just smile and accept it? What planet do you live on?

BTW, as it clearly says (albeit upside-down) under my avatar - I am from Australia. I know it's difficult to turn your eyes a few degrees to check this, but I am sure you can manage.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join