It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you love the USA?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCommentator
If you loved your country you wouldnt let it have #ty leadership. And you certianly would not allow them to remove your constitution.

Great idea, we should have a violent and bloody revolution every time a president makes decisions we don't agree with. There would be a revolution with every President.

Shows how much more I care about the American people then you do

Oh please you don't give a # about American people, you were just calling our country a murderous regime so don't try to play it that way.

You're acting like the game is over and that no one is doing anything.
Heard of Occupy?

What country are you from, by the way? I would love to know
edit on 2-15-12 by reaxi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by reaxi0n

Great idea, we should have a violent and bloody revolution every time a president makes decisions we don't agree with. There would be a revolution with every President.
So you support a government that you have to kill in order to have a say in?

Oh please you don't give a # about American people, you were just calling our country a murderous regime so don't try to play it that way. You're acting like the game is over and that no one is doing anything. Heard of Occupy? What country are you from, by the way? I would love to know
The regime and population are seperate things..
People are doing stuff but ignorants like youse are stopping anything from happening because you are too blind to open your eyes.
Im from Australia

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
"OMG this thread is Anti-American!! Kill the usurper!!!!!"

"Somebody said something bad about America - LYNCH HIM!!!"

"America Haters! Just because we love freedom and you don't....."

"Don't like America? LEAVE AND DON'T COME BACK!!!!"

Yep, you're certainly a warm, inviting country that everyone aspires to be like.

Why do I love the USA? Never have, never will. It is the government and the people in charge that are ruining what was not only once a great country, but also ruining the world for the rest of us. And who is to blame for this in a supposed DEMOCRATIC country? Who voted these swine into power? I hear Americans say time and time again "Our Constitution protects us from corrupt government". Yes, it does - ONLY IF YOU APPLY IT.

If the people of the America were to go to full-blown revolution and topple the corrupt government as it now stands, I would wholeheartedly be 110% behind the people and would change my viewpoint entirely. Until this happens, though, to me America is a mess created by it's own people that has far reaching effects on the rest of the world.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCommentatorSo you support a government that you have to kill in order to have a say in?

How many times do I have to say just because I love America doesn't mean I support the government? I'm assuming this is a type of patriotism you can't understand unless you're American. I don't know how else to put it. Our past times, cultures, foods, music, movies, that's what I love. They have a certain "feel" to them that a non American just wouldn't understand.

The regime and population are seperate things..
People are doing stuff but ignorants like youse are stopping anything from happening because you are too blind to open your eyes.
Im from Australia

How exactly am I ignorant? I find it foolish that you're so quick to call someone on ATS ignorant. Didn't we each find our way to this website for a reason? For the last time, I don't support Obama, the alphabet agencies, Congress, or our exceedingly corrupt police force. I support what America stands for. When you post a thread saying "Why do you love the USA?" Expect answers of all types of why people love the USA. "USA" and "USA government" are NOT synonymous.

And please, you're aware your country supports Israel as well right? If the US goes to war, guess who'll be right with us?

I think you need to focus on problems at home.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by reaxi0n

How many times do I have to say just because I love America doesn't mean I support the government? I'm assuming this is a type of patriotism you can't understand unless you're American. I don't know how else to put it. Our past times, cultures, foods, music, movies, that's what I love. They have a certain "feel" to them that a non American just wouldn't understand.
So just to clarify you also agree that critisizing the government does not make you un american.

How exactly am I ignorant? I find it foolish that you're so quick to call someone on ATS ignorant. Didn't we each find our way to this website for a reason? For the last time, I don't support Obama, the alphabet agencies, Congress, or our exceedingly corrupt police force. I support what America stands for. When you post a thread saying "Why do you love the USA?" Expect answers of all types of why people love the USA. "USA" and "USA government" are NOT synonymous. And please, you're aware your country supports Israel as well right? If the US goes to war, guess who'll be right with us? I think you need to focus on problems at home.
If we all found this site for a reason why are all you people blasting on me so much for talking about how bad your government is.
This isnt about Obama and I never ever said it was.

If you support america then stop attacking people like me and start standing up for it.

Well my dictatorship supports Israel, just like the US dictatorship does.
I do focus on problems at home but not on a US website

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCommentator

Your a strict constitutionalist, something I wouldn't argue with because to the 90th % i'd agree

None the less, we are in strange times, I think, mistakes were made in regards to society and the constitution as written has no amendments to address them and as a result we have a lot of crazy people running around, Freedom of Religion did not take into account Jihadis or Scientology for example at a time when the land was dominated by Christianity. Nuclear bombs had not been invented yet when this was written either, acts of mass destruction weren't possible

I shouldn't go far with examples because they are only examples and not for debate, we simply are in unprecedented times, mistakes we made, there is nothing in the Constitution that even begins to cover, patenting genetically altered plants and food or even novel dna or even chemicals

There really are a lot of crazy people out there because they are chemically skewed and that leads into things like gun control, sometimes I think we need some, a lot of imbalance folks in the general population, fluoride poisoned drug cocktail mixing dopamine charged kooks. people weren't all fubared like that when the Constitution was written, sure gun control is the wrong idea to deal with it but where and when will they prevent our chemical abuse via the Constitution we have no forward thinkers

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

So just to clarify you also agree that critisizing the government does not make you un american.

YES.

If we all found this site for a reason why are all you people blasting on me so much for talking about how bad your government is.
This isnt about Obama and I never ever said it was.

If you support america then stop attacking people like me and start standing up for it.

It's not the fact that you're pointing out how #ty our government is. It's the fact that we KNOW, and basically ANY thread you go to on here eventually leads to someone bashing America, or someone part of the military. Everyone on ATS seems to think America is synonymous with the #ty leaders we have in place that aren't even ELECTED by us. Do you really think the majority of America is THAT stupid? Bush twice. Really? The only thing most Americans may not realize is that the votes are rigged because they have faith this is still a democracy. America knows what it wants, and we want Ron Paul (most of us). Take a look at the threads already about Paul and the media blackout on him, and the blatant voter fraud that's been happening already. Mitt Romney or Obama have already been chosen to be the President. I don't know which, yet, but it will be one of them. Paul has the biggest support from the military than any other candidate.

Well my dictatorship supports Israel, just like the US dictatorship does.
I do focus on problems at home but not on a US website

It's a US based website but a majority of people here seem to be non Americans that bash America anywhere they possibly can.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I guess i'm saying we need to ADD amendments to deal with the root of our problems not overturn the old ones as a temp fix to an underlying issue

But we don't actually get involved so whose fault is it, it's our own. I see things as going full circle in time our population will grow up when we suffer enough and assert what needs asserting politically, obviously we are all still mostly comfortable or it would have happened already

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by reaxi0n

Everyone on ATS seems to think America is synonymous with the #ty leaders we have in place that aren't even ELECTED by us. Do you really think the majority of America is THAT stupid? Bush twice. Really? The only thing most Americans may not realize is that the votes are rigged because they have faith this is still a democracy.

So DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. To the rest of the world, Americans whinge and moan about the world hating them.....you uphold the Constitution as if it is the word of God but you DON'T APPLY IT. The world is being slowly choked to death by your insane government and yet when the world DARES to complain about it, all the Americans come together like bullies and shut us down, calling us America Haters and the like. This just adds to our dislike of your country and has the unfortunate effect of bleeding over into dislike for it's people.

You only have yourselves to blame. If you truly want America to be as great as it once was it is the PEOPLE who have to change it. Until then, you are only going to cop more and more crap from the world until something gives.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

It's a US based website but a majority of people here seem to be non Americans that bash America anywhere they possibly can.

Gawd, why does this always inevitably come up? This have been covered a million times already in the past when some American claims ATS is an American website. IT IS NOT. ATS was started by a British fellow and is intended to be international. The only thing American about it is that it is hosted on American servers....more out of convenience than anything else. The website could very easily be transferred to a server anywhere else in the world.

Nice try.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Doesn't matter, on the Internet "All Your Base Are Belong To Us"

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Gawd, why does this always inevitably come up? This have been covered a million times already in the past when some American claims ATS is an American website. IT IS NOT. ATS was started by a British fellow and is intended to be international. The only thing American about it is that it is hosted on American servers....more out of convenience than anything else. The website could very easily be transferred to a server anywhere else in the world.

Nice try.

Nice try? I like how that's the only thing you took out of the entire post as if it's supposed to mean something. Yeah you totally caught me.

en.wikipedia.org...

Owner
The Above Network, LLC
Incorporated in Delaware, United States

www.theabovenetwork.com...

new york, ny
scottsdale, az

American based website, no matter what you say.
Yeah, it could be transferred....but it's not...therefore it's an American based website.

Any website is international lol

ETA: posted this before I saw your other reply, so the first sentence in this post is irrelevant.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

So DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. To the rest of the world, Americans whinge and moan about the world hating them.....you uphold the Constitution as if it is the word of God but you DON'T APPLY IT. The world is being slowly choked to death by your insane government and yet when the world DARES to complain about it, all the Americans come together like bullies and shut us down, calling us America Haters and the like. This just adds to our dislike of your country and has the unfortunate effect of bleeding over into dislike for it's people.

You only have yourselves to blame. If you truly want America to be as great as it once was it is the PEOPLE who have to change it. Until then, you are only going to cop more and more crap from the world until something gives.

What's your clever plan?
You're welcome to come and lead the way!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

The funniest part is how none of you have said you love America for its constitution,
And how none of you care that its being taken away from you.
Yet you love the things the constitution has allowed you to do.

Who says we don't care?

The Constitution is a document illustrating and acknowleging the freedoms we have.

I suppose your country has a better version?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Nice try? I like how that's the only thing you took out of the entire post as if it's supposed to mean something. Yeah you totally caught me.

en.wikipedia.org...

Owner
The Above Network, LLC
Incorporated in Delaware, United States

www.theabovenetwork.com...

I am sure SimonGray would not agree with you, considering he has a 1/3 stake in ATS, is British and is the guy who started ATS in the first place.

What's your clever plan?
You're welcome to come and lead the way!

I am sorry, is the great and almighty America asking 'foreigners' how to deal with it's issues? Doesn't that fly in the face of "We are the GREATEST!! We brake for nobody! We own the world! Blah blah whinge moan blah"?

Practice what you preach. You preach the Constitution but do not practice it. Therein lies the crux of the issue of why the world dislikes America.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Those Americans complaining about living in America have no idea what the rest of the world is like. You are basically in the land of milk and honey. You make up 5% of world population and use up 25% of the worlds Energy resources. So you shouldn't really be complaining.

I love visiting America, it is the land of opportunity, they do everything bigger and better, the people are some of the most welcoming and friendly anywhere I've been (they love the English accent). You always get great service and a "have a nice day".

Also like Beezer pointed out The US Constitution is one of the greatest documents ever written. I do not like America's foreign policy and the corporatism that seems to be taking over the country, but despite that its still a great country.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I am sure SimonGray would not agree with you, considering he has a 1/3 stake in ATS, is British and is the guy who started ATS in the first place.

I am sure since the company is based in the US and is run on US servers...that the website is US based...pretty logical and not open for debate.

but of course you wouldn't admit that you're wrong even after being proven so.

I am sorry, is the great and almighty America asking 'foreigners' how to deal with it's issues? Doesn't that fly in the face of "We are the GREATEST!! We brake for nobody! We own the world! Blah blah whinge moan blah"?

Who's asking you for help? I was being facetious, maybe you didn't pick up on that. And why you keep generalizing Americans is beyond me. I'm assuming you're English? Maybe Australian? In that case, you wouldn't really have room to generalize much.

Practice what you preach. You preach the Constitution but do not practice it. Therein lies the crux of the issue of why the world dislikes America.

Sorry not everyone wants a *SNIP* war in America. This is trying to be circumvented through protests and the election of Ron Paul.

I ask again, what is your master plan?

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 2/15/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Who's asking you for help? I was being facetious, maybe you didn't pick up on that.

Yep, conveying that warm, loving feeling that Americans claim that they are.....

And why you keep generalizing Americans is beyond me.

You must have missed....pretty much all of my posts in your zeal to denigrate my opinion. You clearly missed the parts explaining, in great detail, why I dislike America.

I'm assuming you're English? In that case, you wouldn't really have room to generalize much.

Wrong. I am assuming you have sight difficulties? Look under my avatar, where it says 'Location'. Yes, it's upside down but I figured, when i typed it, that it wouldn't take much for people to turns their heads to read it.

Sorry not everyone wants a #ing war in America. This is trying to be circumvented through protests and the election of Ron Paul.

I ask again, what is your master plan?

Keep up that swearing mate, you'll be banned in no time.

Like I said, the moment Americans as a whole stand up and say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, get rid of the government and get down to revitalising their own country instead of destroying others, is the moment I will change my viewpoint on America and it's people. While ever you guys are out in the world, destroying and conquering and not focusing on your own issues, then you will continue to see growing dislike, even hatred, of America, it's people and your policies.

You guys have the vote. You guys have the power to put a right and just leadership in charge....yet you do not. You continue to screw the world over royally and whinge when we complain.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCommentator

I can do what I want. and if I'm loud enough, a mob will support me if I am arrested.

This is unheard of elsewhere in the world.

Oh and guns. Lots of them. My government fears me. They want power sure, but they are in a minefield. This also doesn't exist anywhere else in the world.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
I don't.

I really don't. I left the country years ago. When I told my friends it was like people leaving Germany in the 30s, they all laughed at me and said I was crazy. They still do. They don't see the slow motion train wreck that is happening right in front of their faces.

It's the old frog in the pot scenario. Works every time.

My sentiments exactly.

I had been considering moving to America with my profession for quite some time but decided against it due to the snowballing deterioration of the country.

I'm beyond the stage of worrying about convincing the ignorant that it's not that's it's ABOUT to go down, IT IS going down. "It" being America's rendition of Nazi Germany.

Anyone whose too dumb or ignorant to comes to terms with can have what's coming to them for all I care.

I'm working with those intelligent enough to grasp the reality of history repeating itself.

To all the Americans on American soil that are aware, you have my love. To the rest, bye bye.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join