It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you love the USA?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I don't love the USA because it has been hijacked by a corporate and banking elite. But, then again so has most of the world. We are just the military arm of the giant world banking cartel so we get the worse publicity out of it.

Am I supposed to love a country just because I was born in it? It was by chance, I could have been born anywhere. All the Americans in this thread that are saying they love it JUST because they were born here are swimming in the nationalistic propaganda pool.

I can't really sponsor something that has global torture bases...ever.

I think the idea of what the USA was supposed to be is great though.
edit on 15-2-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Compared to the living standards of most of the world i can't think of a better place to live. Theres alot of open land and in the rural areas a real independant spirit that's why i love America.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by ComeFindMe
Anyone wanna stone an adulterous woman?

Well done on swallowing the propaganda. The Iranians involved in stonings and the like are a VERY SMALL minority of the actual populace. Just like Murderers and paedophiles are a small minority of American populace. That's like saying America is a country full of murderers and paedophiles.

Do you like being called a paedophile? Didn't think so.

Hardly. Paedophilia and murder are still crimes in America. Stoning is a legitimate criminal punishment in Iran. State endorsed. Completely different.

Try again.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Why do you love the USA?,

The Constitution.

Useless, seeing as though nobody seems to want to follow it any more.

The Bill of Rights.

See above.

Democracy.

Hmm, yeah Democracy. As other Americans have pointed out in this thread, you only have an illusion of voting....the winners are actually chosen for you.

Freedom of speech.

Yep, I see Freedom of Speech every time I see crowds of protesters being pepper-sprayed, beaten and jailed. If that's what freedom of speech is you can keep it.

Freedom of religion.

Unless you are Muslim.

Freedom of the internet.

SOPA anyone?

Freedom of information.

Redacted.

Equal Rights Amendment.

Equal, as long as you do what they say.

Freedom of the press.

As long as they report what they are told to report.

Catholic Churches built next to Buddhist Temples ... and getting along just fine.

Buddhists are peaceful people. They don't start fights.

Grocery stores full of food and most people able to afford it.

Except the hundreds of thousands of starving people living in Homeless Tent Cities and on the streets.

Those that can't afford grocery stores get help from their fellow Americans via entitlements and faith-based help.

Which is why they are still in tent cities or on the street?

Americans can own their own business.

So can people in most other countries. I own my own business and I am not American.

Those born poor and/or sick can overcome and be successful.

Name one.

Americans can keep most of what they earn and not have it stolen from them by the government. Unlike some other countries - there are no 'morals police' roaming the streets beating women who don't dress or act according to how someone in government thinks they should.

Excuse me, but most other countries on Earth are exactly the same, only a few are not. Why does this make the US special?

There is no forced military recruitment in times of peace or even in war.

Same in my country, and MANY others.

Americans are willing to serve the country (the world)

How is the country the world? WTF??

Libraries!

Got one just down the road from me. I am sure most people here on ATS who are not American can say the same.

Schools for everyone so they can learn to read and do math. Unlike some other countries - girls can go to school and learn just like the boys do.

What countries would those be hmm? Would it be a MINORITY of countries you are referring to?

America is the most generous country on the planet - both with volunteering and donating money.

Proof? Because as far as I am aware, most of the rest of the world is also generous and donating....you just don't hear us crying out loud about how good we are for doing it. We don't need accolades, we do it because it is the right thing to do.

I love that we can get in a car, or get on a bus, or get in an airplane and travel .. UNRESTRICTED .. throughout the country. Not all countries allow that.

So can I. So can most of the rest of the world, with a few minor exceptions.

I love the cities. I love the mountains. I love the small towns. I love the beaches. I love swimming pools. I love having clean water on tap whenever we need it .. both hot and cold running clean water.

Yep, got all that too....as does most of the rest of the world.

I love (really loved) eating our pizza, fries, milkshakes, burgers, meatloaf, pot roast, whoopie pies, and all the other 'American' foods.

Again, got all that too here....as again with the rest of the world.

I love Niagara Falls. I love the Grand Canyon. I love Yellowstone. I love the Mississippi River and the Great Lakes. I love the Presidential Mountain Range and the Rockies. I love Disney World. I love NYC and Philly (But Philly is beter!
)

Wow, finally something I can agree with. Although you do realise that the rest of the world has equally as spectacular places as these don't you?

I love the art museums and the zoos.

Got them too....again with the rest of the world also...

I am not hating on you, or America....I am just pointing out that while Americans seem to think that theirs is the only country with such things, the truth is the world caught up to you guys many years ago - Americans just haven't realised that yet.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeNF
reply to post by maestromason

What about mars do we own that too? It's funny how we assign a monetary value to plots of land. No wonder aliens don't really want to have anything to do with us. We are a stupid species.

I dunno about the whole planet, but I own several acres of it. Bought 'em from a little Russian guy who hangs out down on the corner selling claim chits for the Next Great Land Rush...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
Compared to the living standards of most of the world i can't think of a better place to live. Theres alot of open land and in the rural areas a real independant spirit that's why i love America.

Huh? Our living standards here in Australia, indeed much of the world, are on par and in some cases better than those in the US. Sorry to burst your little bubble.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

If you are from there then all the power to you. If not, well then lol.

I do not like thr USA. I used to despise them, now I just despise the elephant and donkey show

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Hardly. Paedophilia and murder are still crimes in America. Stoning is a legitimate criminal punishment in Iran. State endorsed. Completely different.

So how come American state execution is still labelled as "Homicide" in the autopsy reports then hmm?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeNF
Reply to post by maestromason

I'm an Earthling and I live on the planet Earth. It amazes me how today we still segregate ourselves based on country. That just epitomizes mankind's stupidity.

Yet you want to segregate the universe based upon planet...

Where is the "Why I love the planet Earth" thread? Oh, wait, nobody loves the planet, just the delusional country they think they are from.

Country they think they are from? You don't even know what country you're from?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCommentator
reply to post by maestromason

No...Right NOW! I do as I PLEASE....When I PLEASE....HOW I PLEASE! It is a beautiful thing being an American. I can't describe HEAVENLY BLISS ON TAP ... ON DEMAND! ON EARTH..but if I could that would sum it all up for you...A VERY BEAUTIFUL THING!

Your government is removing your rights bit by bit as we speak and the public want do a thing about it.

A common delusion fostered by the illusion that the government issues those rights to begin with. they don't, and they can't take what they haven't given. One can fail to exercise his rights, but they cannot be "taken away" - he's just not exercising them.

You are only as free as you allow yourself to be. No one else has any say in it.

Not to mention its going to be impossible to do anything when you the economy you all depend on collapses.

"Impossible" is a relative word. What you find "impossible", I DO on a regular basis,

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

So how come American state execution is still labelled as "Homicide" in the autopsy reports then hmm?

What are you trying to imply with this? If you mean to say that state execution is 'murder' (as its recorded as homicide) then you are spending far too much time considering semantics! If a cause of death needs to be attributed, then homicide would be more applicable than natural causes. In any case, you still haven't addressed by point - that adultery is a crime potentially punishable by public stoning. If you are attempting to draw a comparison to that with state execution in America (applied only to those who have committed the most grievous offences) then again you are falling short of the mark.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I am not hating on you, or America....

Yes you are. If you think you aren't then ....

Americans seem to think that theirs is the only country with such things,

I never said it was the only country where all those things come together. But now that you mention it ... it IS one of the very few. The question was ... 'Why do you love the USA?' I simply answered that question. Sounds like you are just jealous of the Americans who have reason to love their country. You have my pity. Fare thee well

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ComeFindMe

Only the religious Iranian zealots still uphold the 'stoning' law. I think you will find, if you bothered to look, that the majority of the Iranian people themselves want these laws, and their government, gone. But instead, Americans would prefer to ignore all that and just bomb them back to the stone age.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Whilst Australia itself may be better in that respect, this is certainly the exception rather than the rule. The statistics would disagree with you.

America falls into the top 20 in all the categories below:
Human Development Index 4th out of 172
GDP (PPP) per capita 7th out of 183
GDP (nominal) per capita 9th out of 183
Quality-of-life Index 13th out of 111

The Economist's Quality of Life Index would also support this:
www.economist.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
i don`t ! i love to # the girls from usa no !

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I am not hating on you, or America....

Yes you are. If you think you aren't then ....

Errrm....no I am not. You just don't like the fact that there is nothing anymore that makes America special in relation to most other western, indeed most other, countries.

I never said it was the only country where all those things come together. But now that you mention it ... it IS one of the very few.

Really? Seriously? MOST of the countries on Earth are just like America, have the same freedoms and rights and pretty things etc. ONLY A VERY FEW countries do not.

The question was ... 'Why do you love the USA?' I simply answered that question. Sounds like you are just jealous of the Americans who have reason to love their country. You have my pity. Fare thee well

Nope, I am just making sure you Americans who have never left your country and are clueless as to what the world is ACTUALLY like, are fully apprised on the fact that the world has caught up with you, and you are no longer as special as you would like to believe.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ComeFindMe

I do note you are not 1st in ANY of those aspects....unlike what some Americans would have everyone believe.

And Australia is NOT the exception to the rule. Jump on a plane and travel outside America mate, you will be pleasantly surprised.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

But stoning adulterers is still Iranian law. And Americans on here get dogs abuse for allowing their Government to maintain laws that are seen as unfair. So its OK to criticise Americans for that, but not Iranians? Double standards.

You are also criticising me for generalising Iranians (which I am not) and then go on to generalise Americans yourself! Clap clap fella.

I've never said that the majority of Iranians support stoning laws - I simply indicated that it happens and that it is legitimate in Iran.

Double standard, hypocracy and contortion of the words of others - full set, well done!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Australia scores higher than America in many of these types of reports - I was congratulating you as being an apparent exception to the notion you made that much of the world is on a par with / better than America regarding standard of living.

Huh? Our living standards here in Australia, indeed much of the world, are on par and in some cases better than those in the US. Sorry to burst your little bubble.

The vast majority of the world's population falls below America using these measures. Your statement is incorrect.

I'm not American. Don't live there. Been once for two weeks. Awkward!
edit on 15-2-2012 by ComeFindMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Why do you love the USA?,

The Constitution. The Bill of Rights. Democracy. Freedom of speech. Freedom of religion. Freedom of the internet. Freedom of information. Equal Rights Amendment. Freedom of the press. Catholic Churches built next to Buddhist Temples ... and getting along just fine. Grocery stores full of food and most people able to afford it. Those that can't afford grocery stores get help from their fellow Americans via entitlements and faith-based help. Americans can own their own business. Those born poor and/or sick can overcome and be successful. Americans can keep most of what they earn and not have it stolen from them by the government. Unlike some other countries - there are no 'morals police' roaming the streets beating women who don't dress or act according to how someone in government thinks they should. There is no forced military recruitment in times of peace or even in war. Americans are willing to serve the country (the world) for the greater good (US Mllitary, Peace Corps, National Guard, Red Cross, Hospice, volunteering at the library, etc). Libraries! Schools for everyone so they can learn to read and do math. Unlike some other countries - girls can go to school and learn just like the boys do. America is the most generous country on the planet - both with volunteering and donating money. I love the pioneers and their spirit. I love that we Americans have walked on the moon. I love our loving of sports ... GO FLYERS!! I love that we can get in a car, or get on a bus, or get in an airplane and travel .. UNRESTRICTED .. throughout the country. Not all countries allow that. I love the cities. I love the mountains. I love the small towns. I love the beaches. I love swimming pools. I love having clean water on tap whenever we need it .. both hot and cold running clean water. I love (really loved) eating our pizza, fries, milkshakes, burgers, meatloaf, pot roast, whoopie pies, and all the other 'American' foods. BACON! NYC delis. Philly cheese steak sandwiches. I love Niagara Falls. I love the Grand Canyon. I love Yellowstone. I love the Mississippi River and the Great Lakes. I love the Presidential Mountain Range and the Rockies. I love Disney World. I love NYC and Philly (But Philly is beter!
) I love the art museums and the zoos. ETC ETC ETC It's not perfect ... but it's really fantastic!

edit on 2/15/2012 by FlyersFan because: typo

Amen! I think you have summed it up best out of all the responses here. You didn't dwell on all the negative governmental issues that slap us in the face. (Other countries have their problems with their governments too.) Because the US is a super power, we get a lot more notoriety in the news.
There are people on the local levels trying to change things for the better. All Americans aren't sitting on their butts watching TV and waiting for our country to fall. People are doing small things that make a difference. Change doesn't come over night and it is not fair to assume that all American people are passive and are not doing anything to change things here.
The US is a long way from being perfect...but as FlyersFan said..we can enjoy all those things freely.
edit on 15-2-2012 by ellieN because: misspelled word.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join