It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Argentina WILL Invade the Falklands & How Iran are Involved

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

The British royal family is up to start another war in the Falklands, as a ritualistic blood sacrifice for the Diamond Jubilee of the Queen E-lizard-beth.

Despite what you may believe I can assure you The British Royal Family have absolutely nothing to do with British foreign or even domestic policy.
They exist purely for ceremonial duties.

Whether or not Elizabeth and her family are lizards is open to debate, personally I think that is one of the most ridiculous theories I've ever heard but everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I assure you there will be no 'ritualistic blood sacrifices' to her or any of her family.

And it may have conveniently escaped your attention but it is Argentina's President who is taking the aggressive stance.

If you want to target your hatred at a she-devil I suggest you look no further than Kirchner.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I think Northern Ireland is a great example.

There the majority wanted to stay British forever (much like the Falkland Islanders). And the English came along and gave away that birthright in order to keep the peace (the peace in England, The City, like you say).

Because the English couldn't care less if their provinces and territorial possessions are bombed. It's only when trouble comes knocking on their door that the English come alive.

So the proud Ulstermen said "no, no, no". Yet suddenly Irish ministers were demanding to be informed about what had previously been purely British issues, a cross community voting system was cooked up to keep no-one happy, a four nations council was established which the English pay lip service to, hundreds (and I mean hundreds) of Irish nationalist terrorists were let out ...

Of course, self determination would've meant that the Good Friday agreement wouldn't have happened, the Unionist veto. And you know I make the point about Scotland and how English people are trying to pick the date of their independence referendum, the question, the voting eligibility etc.

You guys just move the goalposts with this "self determination" defence. And, while this isn't directed at you, some of the English really can't stomach that duplicity being pointed out to them.

Well, I see pointing out discrepancies as being part of critical thinking. I dish it out as I have it dished unto me !

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

edit on 12-2-2012 by nocollegeonsunday because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

Northern Ireland remains British because the majority of people in Northern Ireland want to remain British.
Self-Determination.

The Falkland Islands remains British because the majority of people in The Falkland Islands want to remain British.
Self-Determination again.

Scotland is voting on independance.
Self-Determination yet again.

Where are the inconsistencies or 'moving goalposts'?

Britain has tried to be more than fair with Argentina offering them an equal partnership in the oil development in The Falklands.
Kirchner declined the offer and then dismissed the Islanders Right To Self-Determination as outlined in the UN Charter.
Kirchner see's herself as a new Evita and is consumed with enhancing her own international reputation, to the detriment of the best interests of the Argentinian people.

Despite what many may think, there will be no war over this.

I am fully aware of Thatcher's duplicity back in the 80's and firmly believe that Cameron is quite capable of matching her, but it would be political suicide for him to take any other stance on this.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

The Loyalist people of Northern Ireland were battered into submission by the English government, forced to accept a deal which left them as quasi British, 2nd Class British citizens, with a foreign government interfering in their affairs. Do you honestly think they wanted that Good Friday agreement ? Of course the loyal, British majority didn't. They're were forced into it.

So much for self determination.

Far from running away from this thread, I've been trying to find the speech of a man who I saw interviewed many, many years ago. It was part of a video presentation at school about the troubles of Ireland. I've finally found it. His name was Harold McCusker, he was a soft spoken, dignified man, a pro British unionist politician. Here he describes the English scheming which gave away all the things he'd peacefully fought for.

It's extraordinarily powerful.

I went to Hillsborough on the Friday morning, despite the obstacles put in my way by the Northern Ireland Office, the headquarters of the RUC, the divisional commander in Lisburn and the police commander in Hillsborough. I stood outside Hillsborough, not waving a Union flag—I doubt whether I will ever wave one again—not singing hymns, saying prayers or protesting, but like a dog and asked the Government to put in my hand the document that sold my birthright. They told me that they would give it to me as soon as possible. Having never consulted me, never sought my opinion or asked my advice, they told the rest of the world what was in store for me.

I stood in the cold outside the gates of Hillsborough castle and waited for them to come out and give me the agreement second-hand. It is even more despicable that they could not even send one of their servants to give it to me. I had been told three hours before that it would be brought out to me. At 2.45 pm, 15 minutes after the press conference had begun, I asked a policeman whether he would bring me the declaration that betrayed everything that I had ever stood for. A senior police officer went into Hillsborough castle, asked for the document and brought it out to me.

I felt desolate because as I stood in the cold outside Hillsborough castle everything that I held dear turned to ashes in my mouth. Even in my most pessimistic moments, reading the precise detail in the Irish press on the Wednesday before, I never believed that the agreement would deliver me, in the context that it has, into the hands of those who for 15 years have murdered personal friends, political associates and hundreds of my constituents. I hope that no one else in the House ever has to stand outside the gates of anywhere and see his most cherished privileges and ideals turn to dust and ashes in his mouth. That is what it felt like to me.

That's what the English mean by self determination.

Give half the chance, the people of les îles Malouines will be sold down the river by the Foreign Office, just as the unionists of Northern Ireland were betrayed. They should consider their parlous position and be grateful that Argentina even wants to take on this expensive, subsidized little colony.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

So after years of searching ..... you came across this video ... to NOT post it??

Silly ..... I guess, but where is the link to this video????

Just asking?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09

So after years of searching ..... you came across this video ... to NOT post it??

Silly ..... I guess, but where is the link to this video????

Just asking?

I remembered his phrase about his birthright being turned to dust. He spoke those words in the interview of him on the video. But the speech itself was made to the lower house of the london parliament, before television cameras had been installed.

Sorry I can't conjure up a French high school video presentation out of thin air, I'm not a magician conjurer !

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I know many people from all sides of the religious and political divide in Northern Ireland.

Passions run deep there.

But every effort had to be made to bring about peace and to do that then compromise was essential.
I know many Loyalists felt let down when The Good Friday Agreement was first announced.....and so did many Republicans.
But to a man I don't know anyone who doesn't now concede that the agreement was essential for the peace process to procede and that things are far, far better now than they were during The Troubles.

Of course things aren't perfect in Ulster, but at least now they are capable of moving forwards instead of being locked in the cycle of mutual hatred.

And they still maintained their right to self-determination despite what you may think.

They are still part of The United Kingdom etc and if they ever decide that they don't want to be then they will get their right to vote on it.

Since the advent of devolved power in Stormont then according to numerous polls, sorry it's Sunday morning and I'm feeling quite lazy after another hectic weekend so I don't really want to trawl around getting links but I will if you want, support for remaining within the UK varies between 70% and 80%.

ETA
According to a Queens University study in 2010 52% of Ulsters Catholics supported remaining in the UK.

edit on 12/2/12 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

Hey here you go. It's the man's speech to the assemblée nationale in London Parliament.

Audio only, before the times of cameras !

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I am not saying the Brits have rights upon Falkland. I am just saying as a matter of fact. Why not throw a referendum?

Britain is a member of NATO, and if they dont have a carrier, im pretty sure Washington would glad to lend them one. Those carrier are sitting ducks anyway, for most of the time.

Further on, i believe Falkland is a British checkpoint to Antartica. NATO is conducting top secret researches at the sixth continent.

Besides, what benefits does Falkland had ever given to the British people, anyway?
edit on 12-2-2012 by coyote66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

It would take serious investment and time to get Argentine forces anywhere near combat ready for such a venture. All this preparation under a Civilian Argentine Government can't take place without people noticing. They would have to re-instate all their stored aircraft and train the crew to operate them. This is not 1982 where the intelligence was limited. Chile also keeps an eye on Argentina as it had territorial disputes. Any mobilisation, training or mysterious activity is going to be noticed. The UK buys time on US satellites. The US will also be routinely monitoring the region. There is also intelligence capability on the islands to monitor and track Argentine forces.

Such a mobilisation can't be completed in secret and especially with the disposition of the current Argentine Armed Forces. The Argentines know this and can only bump their gums and make idiotic claims at the UN. Take for example the Hector Timerman presentation at the UN. I felt sorry for Timerman as he was just reading a script and had no military knowledge of what he was talking about. The script was obviously written by someone in Argentine Military Intelligence and showed how poor their intelligence service actually is.

They claim that the RAF Typhoons carry Taurus missiles and that a highly advanced communications system is installed on the islands. Quite laughable as Taurus is not in UK service and there is no air-launched cruise missile currently employed by RAF Typhoons. The communication system that was presented on the power point is even more laughable. It isn't a military communications system but a civilian HF radar as part of an international project cover the Northern and Southern Poles. Even China, Finland and Iceland is involved in the radar project. China is major economic customer of Argentina. Hector Timerman was made to look like an idiot by so-called Argentine military intelligence.

See following post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

And the English compromised by selling the Northern Irish out.

They did that because the les troubles en irlande du nord had arrived in London, the IRA bombed many places in England. So they sold out the Ulsterman's right to decide his own fate, gave his rights to self determination to a foreign government (Irlande).

That is why the Argentines must change policy. They must adopt one which will wear the English down, over the years, bleed them dry. And Kirchner knows that, she just has to snap her fingers and English warships appear over the horizon. Kirchner doesn't have to do anything apart from rattle her sabre, and boy it works, that's the thing !

The sad thing though is HMS Dauntless represents a significant part of the English surface fleet. The ship it replaces will come back, it's men let on leave. A third ship needs to be serviced. The English need three ships to maintain even a basic presence around the îles Malouines ... unfortunately they only have 19 major combatants from which to choose, of them some are in repair, others docked for homecoming leave. That's a huge part of what's left of the Royal Navy to defend a pile of rocky rubble. And it'll cost ... there's no change from one billion pounds for HMS Dauntless.

Still. The English will become fed up eventually. Like the Channel Islanders, the one's of the Falklands will be abandoned when the English are worn out.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by coyote66
I am not saying the Brits have rights upon Falkland. I am just saying as a matter of fact. Why not throw a referendum?

Britain is a member of NATO, and if they dont have a carrier, im pretty sure Washington would glad to lend them one. Those carrier are sitting ducks anyway, for most of the time.

Further on, i believe Falkland is a British checkpoint to Antartica. NATO is conducting top secret researches at the sixth continent.

Besides, what benefits does Falkland had ever given to the British people, anyway?
edit on 12-2-2012 by coyote66 because: (no reason given)

The Falklands gives a HOME to British people (regardless of oil)!! They have been born and raised there and WANT to remain British and should be defended accordingly!

I can't see how people can over look this!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

And the English compromised by selling the Northern Irish out.

Exactly how did 'we' sell them out.
They are still part of the UK as per their wishes and the peace process continues.

They did that because the les troubles en irlande du nord had arrived in London, the IRA bombed many places in England. So they sold out the Ulsterman's right to decide his own fate, gave his rights to self determination to a foreign government (Irlande).

The IRA and INLA etc had been conducting a bombing campaign in London since the 70's.
The IRA were told in no uncertain terms what would happen if they continued targetting The City Of London, a seperate entity altogether to London!
And that is why they entered into the peace process.
How did they sell 'the Ulsterman's right to decide his own fate,' when there is desolved power in Stormont and they are exercising their wish to remain within the UK?

And The Republic Of Ireland has absolutely no say whatsoever in the governing of Ulster.

That is why the Argentines must change policy. They must adopt one which will wear the English down, over the years, bleed them dry.

Many have tried, few, if any, have succeeded.
Surely you should realise that we Brits are at our most resolute when our backs are against the wall.

And Kirchner knows that, she just has to snap her fingers and English warships appear over the horizon. Kirchner doesn't have to do anything apart from rattle her sabre, and boy it works, that's the thing !

And for what reason?
What does she get out of it?
Just to wind someone up?

The sad thing though is HMS Dauntless represents a significant part of the English surface fleet.

HMS Dauntless is classed as the most advanced ship of it's type in the world and along with the nuclear submarine which is patrolling the region is more than capable of eliminating both the Argentine navy and air force as effective threats.

Argentina knows that and that is one of the reasons why no Argentinian invasion will take place.

That's a huge part of what's left of the Royal Navy to defend a pile of rocky rubble. And it'll cost ... there's no change from one billion pounds for HMS Dauntless.

All I will say there is Oil and rights to Antartica.

Still. The English will become fed up eventually. Like the Channel Islanders, the one's of the Falklands will be abandoned when the English are worn out.

No we won't - we don't run.

What about The Channel Islands?
Please don't mention WWII because that would open up a whole can of worms for you and is something that shouldn't be discussed in this thread, in my opinion.
edit on 12/2/12 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
* * * * * * * * * * * A T T E N T I O N * * * * * * * * * * *

The topic of this thread is "Why Argentina WILL Invade the Falklands & How Iran are Involved", not political diatribes, national insults or other ATS members/personalities.

Please keep comments on topic.

Thank you.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join