It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Argentina WILL Invade the Falklands & How Iran are Involved

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

Thats a solid argument you make. My only idea is if Britian really had it's back agianst the wall i believe the USA would be willing to use some of it's naval forces to back Britian up in the South Atlantic. After all the USA and Britian have the "special relationship" as both countries leaders have stated many times. Besides that there are treaty obligations under Nato wich could be invoked if it really looked like Britian was losing.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Narciso

Thankyou for your useful post. It is not often that we get a sensible and non-jingoistic post from someone in a different perspective of the situation.

As much as I am an advocate for the UKs armed forces, I do not wish for war between our nations, but I do defend the rights of the Islanders. I strongly understand the Falkland Islanders mentality as I too am an Islander, albight from an Island in UK home waters (Isle of Wight) and am descended from another group of UK Islands (Guernsey). The bond also extends into sport via the Island Games - A transnational Olympic type organisation for Island populations. As Islanders (all small Islands), we of all nationalities are fiercely independent of our locations, environment and way of life and hate being 'pushed around' by bully boy Governments, I include my own as well here, so I perfectly understand the Falkland Islanders wishes and I respect and will defend them for it.

regards
Wotan
edit on 12/2/12 by Wotan because: addition

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity
reply to post by Kenrichaed

Nonsense. The Argentinians have nothing to invade those islands with.

And without some kind of agreement between England and Argentina, it'd be a brave oil company which would try to realise those oil reserves in the middle of what you rosbifs claim is the next war zone.

This is trumped up propaganda by the English because their beloved United Kingdom is about to cease to exist because Scotland's about to leave. So they need a tub thumping war to get their people flying union jacks and singing god save the queen.

Wag the dog

Yes the last hurrah of a dying "empire" The UK will shortly cease to be as an entity when enough of us in Scotland realise that we desperately need to be self sufficient and do not need to assert ourselves by way of a wave of hysterical jingoism.

Let Argentina invade and let ENGLAND take care of it,they deserve each other.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadesofmegido

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity
reply to post by Kenrichaed

Nonsense. The Argentinians have nothing to invade those islands with.

And without some kind of agreement between England and Argentina, it'd be a brave oil company which would try to realise those oil reserves in the middle of what you rosbifs claim is the next war zone.

This is trumped up propaganda by the English because their beloved United Kingdom is about to cease to exist because Scotland's about to leave. So they need a tub thumping war to get their people flying union jacks and singing god save the queen.

Wag the dog

Yes the last hurrah of a dying "empire" The UK will shortly cease to be as an entity when enough of us in Scotland realise that we desperately need to be self sufficient and do not need to assert ourselves by way of a wave of hysterical jingoism.

Let Argentina invade and let ENGLAND take care of it,they deserve each other.

Oh believe me when I say this, the English (the only people who actually matter) cannot wait for you and your leech compatriots to become independent, it's going to be absolutely hilarious, watching you try to exist without the English paying for everything.

You'll end up on the Euro, bailing out all and sundry - but not before you have coughed up your share of the national debt.

The saddest thing is, we should be treating you like an enemy, keeping both your main cities constantly targeted by heavy weaponry, having a massively armed border with no entry or crossing points, we should be rounding you up and dumping you over the border, but any English government will treat you as allies. This is not right. Every Scot is the enemy of England.
edit on 12-2-2012 by nocollegeonsunday because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Why Argentina WILL Invade the Falklands & How Iran are Involved

.......shouldn't the thread title it read

Why Argentina WILL Invade the Falklands & How Iran IS Involved

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
If the Argie's are stupid enough to try and re-take the Falklands they will not win, let's look at a couple of facts. Argentina's military force during the Falklands war consisted of mainly conscripted males who had no previous military experience. Where as Britain's current military force has 12 years of combat experience and has one of the most experienced land forces in the World. Alongside Israel, US and many other UN countries.
edit on 12-2-2012 by TheGreatest because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Origi

Oh believe me when I say this, the English (the only people who actually matter) cannot wait for you and your leech compatriots to become independent, it's going to be absolutely hilarious, watching you try to exist without the English paying for everything.

You'll end up on the Euro, bailing out all and sundry - but not before you have coughed up your share of the national debt.

The saddest thing is, we should be treating you like an enemy, keeping both your main cities constantly targeted by heavy weaponry, having a massively armed border with no entry or crossing points, we should be rounding you up and dumping you over the border, but any English government will treat you as allies. This is not right. Every Scot is the enemy of England.

Illustrates my point admirably,if in doubt threaten with "heavy weaponry",although I would take this as a complement,because you so obviously fear us,and rightly so,when we go so does your free ride on the back of our oil reserves.So just you take care of the Argentinians and set up your drilling rigs off the Falklands,you'll need that oil....big time!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Illustrates my point admirably,if in doubt threaten with "heavy weaponry",although I would take this as a complement,because you so obviously fear us,and rightly so,when we go so does your free ride on the back of our oil reserves.So just you take care of the Argentinians and set up your drilling rigs off the Falklands,you'll need that oil....big time!

Fear you? There's what, 6,000,000 of you? We have over 50,000,000. Our capital city has a GDP 5x bigger than your entire nation and we have more oil under the Falklands than we ever had when we took your oil. What could you possibly do to reach our levels? You are nothing to us. Maybe you could call the French to help you out in the future, like you used to do in the past because you cowards were never, ever capable of taking us on alone.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Argentina doesnt have to do anythign with their military , they can just attempt to take over the falklands by subterfuge!
Send in some special agents and do things that way instead of an all out invasion .

As for a previous poster going on about how the UK will split up because of scotland leaving ,
thats not likely to happen , despite us scots loving our dream of an independent nation.
It's something which should just remain a dream , because it wont get us anywhere really.

We just need to forget the bloody past and bury the hatchet with england as none of the #
that acutally happened to scotland happened in our lifetimes.
Except maybe thatcher being a complete # to us but thats entirely different.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Misposted
edit on 12-2-2012 by TheGreatest because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
Argentina doesnt have to do anythign with their military , they can just attempt to take over the falklands by subterfuge!
Send in some special agents and do things that way instead of an all out invasion .

As for a previous poster going on about how the UK will split up because of scotland leaving ,
thats not likely to happen , despite us scots loving our dream of an independent nation.
It's something which should just remain a dream , because it wont get us anywhere really.

We just need to forget the bloody past and bury the hatchet with england as none of the #
that acutally happened to scotland happened in our lifetimes.
Except maybe thatcher being a complete # to us but thats entirely different.

You can bury all the hatchets all you like, you will continue to be the enemy until the end of time.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nocollegeonsunday

stop yer whining and this england is better than everyone attitude
the brittish empire was built from the blood sweat and tears of English , welsh , irish , and Scots men alike
we wouldnt be anything today if it wasnt for our hard working ancestors.
The scientists , engineers , inventors all from up and down the UK.

Saying the english are the only people who matter is a bit pompous , a better class of people are you ?
your starting to sound quite like those facists that our ancestors fought to protect us against.

Another thing if anyone is getting sent to Argentina , there would be a large portion of the men going from Scotland to do the fighting, as the british army is full of scotsmen and always has been.

Sure enjoy your nationalism and be proud to be English , but leave the medievil hatred back in the past where it belongs , your no better than those idiots who fought over land for their kings and queens , doing it out of ignorance.

Our collective government is #ed , and the royalty is nothing but a bygone relic of a previous era , which just generates tourism and nothing more.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Ok care to explain why you class scots as "the enemy" , are you just carrying over some indoctrination
from your parents , or do you actually have a valid reason not to like scots because of some family
greivance dating back to when your great great great great great great great great gran was raped by a
scottish horde ?

No didnt think so , your just an ignorant englishmen with a chip on your shoulder placed their by someone
else or some deluded attachment to nationalist beliefs .
Those borders were placed their by the royals , who never gave a # about you or your ancestors so why do you even care !

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

When people fight over useless islands I'm inclined to side with the defenders, other than the fact that much of South America is still under "God Gold and Glory" Mentality.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Argentina must have a death-wish. Messing with the UK = messing with the USA, and we're still the top dog on the block by far. Chavez is gonna love this crap.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jaketyson85

I think you're sorely mistaken if you think the United States is going to roll up and pluck our chestnuts from the fire if any conflict with Argentina goes awry.

Only if the United States's own interests are threatened or they have something to gain from it would they bother to intervene. Other than that, they're happy to sit back and watch.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

What's with your incessant hatred?

You need to calm down and stop embarrassing yourself.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nocollegeonsunday

Fear you? There's what, 6,000,000 of you? We have over 50,000,000. Our capital city has a GDP 5x bigger than your entire nation and we have more oil under the Falklands than we ever had when we took your oil. What could you possibly do to reach our levels? You are nothing to us. Maybe you could call the French to help you out in the future, like you used to do in the past because you cowards were never, ever capable of taking us on alone.

What could we possibly do to reach your levels? hmm,we could school ourselves in ignorance for a few centuries,believe ourselves to be worthy of respect and fear by the rest of the world and ignore the fact that much larger much more powerful nations are laughing at us,what else? oh yes ignore the past where Scotland absolutely devasted the English army on the march to York,you know,where we took on all of your superior forces and caused them to run crying for home? if we were to do all that, we couldn't even become close to being as low down the food chain as you and your kind always will be.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82

Ok care to explain why you class scots as "the enemy" , are you just carrying over some indoctrination
from your parents , or do you actually have a valid reason not to like scots because of some family
greivance dating back to when your great great great great great great great great gran was raped by a
scottish horde ?

No didnt think so , your just an ignorant englishmen with a chip on your shoulder placed their by someone
else or some deluded attachment to nationalist beliefs .
Those borders were placed their by the royals , who never gave a # about you or your ancestors so why do you even care !

Is that so, just an "Ignorant Englishman".

Let me give you a very, very small sample of what we have to put up with from both you and the Welsh

www.dailymail.co.uk...

A foal's face was slashed and anti-English graffiti daubed across a barn by thugs who failed to realise their targets were actually Welsh. The seven-month-old pony, called Hope, was left with a 4in wound to her nose after vandals attacked her in the West Wales countryside. They also sprayed graffiti written in Welsh slang, meaning "English out", across the barn door after mistaking Alison, 36, and David Hayes, 43, for an English couple.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Scotland is planning a new anti-English 'tax' to make it harder for students south of the border to escape soaring tuition fees. The Scottish Nationalist government is looking at plans to raise fees for English undergraduates to bring them into line with average charges in England following reforms being brought in by the coalition.

That is just one story each, and you know full well there are far more incidents of hate directed against us that go unreported.

Still asking why I class you as the enemies?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Two dodgy articles from the Daily Fail and that's your justification?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join