It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Argentina WILL Invade the Falklands & How Iran are Involved

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Even without Aircraft Carriers we would annihilate the Argentinian military. I wouldn't stop there. I would invade their mainland. Eliminate their government and military command. Plunder their resources,bonds,gold and oil reserves then leave. A lesson to anyone else "do not # with the British."
edit on 25/11/10 by Raider of Truth because: typo

P.S the reason they are sabrerattling is because of three things:

1. Weak willed,hypocritical, out of touch with the common person government running the UK
2. No aircraft carriers (they believe we are weak without them clearly they don't understand storage and the Anglo-Franco military pact signed last year)
3. 30th Anniversary is approaching
edit on 25/11/10 by Raider of Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

Northern Ireland remains British because the majority of people in Northern Ireland want to remain British.
Self-Determination.

The Falkland Islands remains British because the majority of people in The Falkland Islands want to remain British.
Self-Determination again.

Scotland is voting on independance.
Self-Determination yet again.

Where are the inconsistencies or 'moving goalposts'?

Britain has tried to be more than fair with Argentina offering them an equal partnership in the oil development in The Falklands.
Kirchner declined the offer and then dismissed the Islanders Right To Self-Determination as outlined in the UN Charter.
Kirchner see's herself as a new Evita and is consumed with enhancing her own international reputation, to the detriment of the best interests of the Argentinian people.

Despite what many may think, there will be no war over this.

I am fully aware of Thatcher's duplicity back in the 80's and firmly believe that Cameron is quite capable of matching her, but it would be political suicide for him to take any other stance on this.

Well said. I would add another point in that it is in the interest of the Tory party to see an independent Scotland, the reasons being:

1. Scotland is a Tory free area and so removal of all Scottish based MP's shifts the balance of power in Westminster very heavily towards the tories. They would'nt even need a lib-dem coalition!
2. A split UK could be made to re-apply for EU membership. This would suit the anti EU tories perfectly and without any need to have a referendum.
3. Per person the Scots consume more public money.
4. North sea oil is running out. Falklands oil will start flowing.

Cameron is provoking Salmond into a vote with terms that will antagonise the fence sitting Scots to vote independence.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Oh, I find these topics so amusing. I wonder how the people that support the argies would feel if I was came, kicked them out there and home and told them to never come back. Pure idiocy. The Falklands belong to us and the people that live there, wish to be apart from us. I am sure if it was a different story, we wouldn't have this problem now but the fact is, we do and we will defend our people.

We would destroy the argies, even if they had the help and even if we did have trouble, is everyone forgetting about our allies? I'm not saying I want war but if they want it, they'll pay more than we do.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
Even without Aircraft Carriers we would annihilate the Argentinian military. I wouldn't stop there. I would invade their mainland. Eliminate their government and military command. Plunder their resources,bonds,gold and oil reserves then leave. A lesson to anyone else "do not # with the British."
edit on 25/11/10 by Raider of Truth because: typo

P.S the reason they are sabrerattling is because of three things:

1. Weak willed,hypocritical, out of touch with the common person government running the UK
2. No aircraft carriers (they believe we are weak without them clearly they don't understand storage and the Anglo-Franco military pact signed last year)
3. 30th Anniversary is approaching
edit on 25/11/10 by Raider of Truth because: (no reason given)

So we should invade Argentina ... just like Iraq, Afghan, and Libya , killing thousands in the proccess , creating another dead-end war in another dead-end country , rob them blind , kill their children , just to "send a message" ?
And heres me thinking the yanks were fcuking nuts.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RockLobster

They did do that to our people, remember ...? Want to do it again too... So to be fair, I would do the same just to send them a message. I would of done the same during the first war, just so they don't do it again. I mean, if they can "get away" with doing it is to us, from what a lot of you saying anyway. I don't see why, we shouldn't do it to them aswell.

Ahh, true. Most of you think the argies are right

Edit: Do remember, they are the ones being hostile.
edit on 12/2/12 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Use Google Earth to view "Mt. Pleasant Falkland Islands" and guess what is in all those hangars!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth

Why stop there? We should be destroying their civilian infrastructures as well, demolishing schools, hospitals, churches, civil government buildings, airports, seaports, factories, farms and shipbuilding yards. Water reservoirs should be drained and every fishing boat destroyed. These people need to be taught a lesson. You bring war to our people and we will bring it to yours twice or three times as brutally.
edit on 12-2-2012 by nocollegeonsunday because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2012 by nocollegeonsunday because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

I see what you are getting at. I think it's plausible. Probably a lot more to it than can be outlined in a post, but it does have implications for a world war bringing South America in as a player for the first time.

Basically, it's a political compromise. You are saying it is possibly a sort of distraction concocted by Iran and Venezuela to split western forces to help Iran whom has close ties to Venezuela. Who knows what in return, future help with their own nuclear program, missiles in South America. Who knows.

I don't know how probable it is, but it's interesting so I dig it.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

What about Argentina, and Venezuela with Iranian missiles? I think it would be more of a fight than expected.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
While everything has all ready been covered on other matters i agree fully, Iran is in direct contact with Argentina & Venezuela, in this issue

Russia, China, Iran, Argentina, Venezuela, North Korea, Syria, are all in this together plotting the downfall of the western world, its more then obvious now

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
While everything has all ready been covered on other matters i agree fully, Iran is in direct contact with Argentina & Venezuela, in this issue

Russia, China, Iran, Argentina, Venezuela, North Korea, Syria, are all in this together plotting the downfall of the western world, its more then obvious now

Even more of a reason to dust off Trident or even build our own weapons systems and start turning people into shadows and nations into glass.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Pretty bold statement there for a topic.

So, what is it, Power_Semi? Argentina WILL invade or you are just wearing your tin foil hat?

There should be an age limit on this site when it comes to issues of war. War is not a video game.

Otherwise we get people trashing brits & argies and counting boats.

And then there is Power_Semi...propaganda, patriotism, dictatorship, Iran??? My God.

THERE IS NO WAR HERE, CHAMP.

THERE´S YOU AND YOUR LIMITED KNOWLEDGE -- THAT´S ALL.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Raider of Truth

What about Argentina, and Venezuela with Iranian missiles? I think it would be more of a fight than expected.

Still not a problem

The type 45s sea viper defence system is more then capable, the Aster 15s & 30s giving both short-range and long-range anti-air capability could intercept Iranian missiles within 5minutes of its launch and track and destroy up to 300 missile near simultaneously, that is why they was sent to help better protect the US fleet in the striates of Hormuz against Iranian missiles should they strangle the world economy with a blockade of the striates, the fact is, Argentina need a good Navy to invade or a good air-force, troops & missiles count for jack s# on and Island 200miles of the coast, unless they're a nation of good swimmer & walkers in Argentina & Venezuela they won't be invading our islands any time soon,
edit on 12-2-2012 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by nocollegeonsunday

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

Even more of a reason to dust off Trident or even build our own weapons systems and start turning people into shadows and nations into glass.

Well thats abit to much imo, i don't think we should take it out on there people they have suffered enough under there rulers, hopefully like in the middle east, they to will remove there leaders themselves in hopes of a better future, united with the rest of the civilized world

It would be better if they just concentrated on turning there hatred for the west into giving there people a better life then trying to conspire in the downfall of another happy one

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Maybe I am wrong here but if Iran closed the straights of Hormuz, they would essentially cut off 80% of their revenue stream from crude sales...basically cutting their own throats, I do not think the Mullah's, IRN or big business would be favorable to this. Not to mention the riots and protests when their economy completely crumbles...

Just my thoughts...could be way off base...since no pipeline exhists yet...

Sniper...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper0317

They would be controlling the straight. They could let their oil through if they wanted.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Some truly disgracful comments coming from some British members in this thread. Comments which I usually slander the Americans for.

This issue with the Falklands seems to be just giving some of you an excuse to puff out your chest and beat the war drums, and somehow feel important as a nation.

I question the sanity of those who imply we should use nuclear weapons against Argentina. Who exactly are the warmongers here?

We barely managed to keep things together in Iraq and our losses in Afghanistan have far exceeded any gains.

With a military which is set to be the smallest since the Napoleonic Wars and a navy which although sophisticated in some respects is a shadow of it's former self, it's the truly idiotic who think we can somhow tally ho down to the Falklands and give the Argies a good old drubbing.

If (and that's a big if) Argentia somehow manages to capture the Falklands (perhaps taking advantage of any distraction that might arise with Iran, or perhaps even during the Olympic Games) then without aircraft carriers, it will be very difficult, if not virtually impossible to retake them.

Do not expect Uncle Sam to ride in on a white horse and save us either...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Wow! I believe its the first time that I don´t feel deeply insulted as an argentinian by a Falkland related post here on ATS. I thank you for your objectiveness, that brought me back into posting!

Not going into the subject of who owns or not the islands I would like to appoint the only two but important misconceptions I detected in your post:

1. Argentina doesn´t even have gunpowder in it´s arsenal to even start a militay campaign. You must realize that our goverment right now is held by a group of people that back in the seventies and early eighties was called Montoneros, a comunist terrorist organization against the De Facto military government we had back then. The moment they took office back in 2003 they started dismantling our military that was already in very bad shape because of ist very low budget.

2. If you go back to the nineties you should see that the only terrorist attacks that took place in our country were both against the jew community in Argentina and both blamed on Iran, directly on goverment officials, not a terrorist group. Our current president (hate the woman) has ratified this accusations, so to think of an alliance with Iran is quite impossible.

As I said I really appreciate your informative post and how you didn´t fall in warmonger nationalist pride hate, anyone knows that any developed country can crush a third world country, so why rub it on our faces, right?

If you need any info from this part of the world to compose any post don´t hesitate and ask, I´ll be gald to be of use.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I think it's more a case of venting frustration on our side to be honest. I don't think anyone in their heart of hearts want war. It is easy to type on a computer but in reality we are all aware we will lose soldiers- soldiers with families and scarring others. I'm sure these prople don't take this into account sat in a nice warm house on a computer declaring virtual wars.

Although I don't support war, I do feel the islands need to be defended.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Still amazed by the rethoric of some blood-thirsty characters on this thread.

Probably the same types that can´t envision civilization outside their own boundaries.

Nukes, now, I´m reading nukes.

WHAT IS IT ABOUT LIVING IN A DEVELOPED NATION THAT MOULDS SUCH UNDERDEVELOPED BRAINS?

GENOCIDE IN THE MIDDLE EAST...WORK THAT OUT FIRST, PUT YOUR WAR CRIMINALS IN JAIL, THEN WE CAN TALK FANTASY FOR THE REST OF THE DECADE; A NEW FALKLANDS CONFLICT, THE GOODWILL OF THE IMF, THE WAR ON DRUGS, YOU NAME IT.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join