It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Argentina WILL Invade the Falklands & How Iran are Involved

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

No-one is going to lose any boys over this, neither the Argentinians nor the British. This is all posturing and hot-air. No-one is going to war over this.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan

No-one is going to lose any boys over this, neither the Argentinians nor the British. This is all posturing and hot-air. No-one is going to war over this.

Posturing to who and to what end?

She only just won the election, she's in power for 4 years. She doesn't need to impress anyone, garner support, or distract her people from problems within the country - there aren't any.

So what's the point?

If all they do is blow a lot of hot air off, wind their people up into a fervour, and then gradually skulk away and hide then they're actually creating political problems for themselves, not helping themselves.

Anyway, time reveals all, so we'll find out in due course (and I do hope I'm completely off the mark with this too)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi

Originally posted by Wotan

Posturing to who and to what end?

She only just won the election, she's in power for 4 years. She doesn't need to impress anyone, garner support, or distract her people from problems within the country - there aren't any.

So what's the point?

If all they do is blow a lot of hot air off, wind their people up into a fervour, and then gradually skulk away and hide then they're actually creating political problems for themselves, not helping themselves.

Anyway, time reveals all, so we'll find out in due course (and I do hope I'm completely off the mark with this too)

It is all talk. The Argentine navy and airforce are way out of date and have been gutted in recent years. The only way they could take those islands would be by suprise and the last thing you do when you need suprise is to start talking about it so the the Brits send a ship that could take out your entire navy.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

As MrSpad said, you dont get in a hissy fit and highlight to the world your grievence before you invade a country .... hardly a surprise attack is it? or very tactical?

Who knows why she is stirring the pot up, maybe she is nuts, maybe she has PMS, maybe she is just a Bitch. If you can understand what a woman is thinking and the reasoning, then you are a better man than I am

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
i,ve watched her and shes nuts,shes a woman scorned,not our fault shes had a knock back,get over it,all us brit guys wudn,t admit to it lol

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

you are wrong, the malvinas are Argenitinian and they will be again reunited. there is no such thing as propaganda here, everyone it's angry at the UK since the end of the first war.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
America has 10 aircraft carriers even italy has 2. The germans have subs, as long as america does not feel they need to keep enough in reserve against russia and china they could dispatch more than enough. Also it wouldn ne necessary to occupy the falklands after the war.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

The British royal family is up to start another war in the Falklands, as a ritualistic blood sacrifice for the Diamond Jubilee of the Queen E-lizard-beth.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by elpistolero1

you are wrong, the malvinas are Argenitinian and they will be again reunited. there is no such thing as propaganda here, everyone it's angry at the UK since the end of the first war.

ERM NO!

It is times like this that i wish had a ruler that had some kind of powerful authority and made a statement once in a while.

If Thatcher or Churchill were in number 10 i can pretty much assume they will have had something rather harsh to relay back to the opposing party (Argentina).

Instead we hear nothing,

Cameron is probably fixing his floppy posh boy hair do, and leaving that massive tool of a tool Hague in charge of relations. I mean come on!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

WTF!!!!

Are you on drugs? You have some serious Psychiatric problems.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Hi OP. I'm late coming onto this thread, but I wanted to alert you that your OP link is no longer in service (article removed?) However I do have a link that might be of interest to you. It links to a Feb 10th 2012 United Nations Press Release - a summary of a Press Conference given by the Foreign Minister of Argentina about the Islands. click here

I have not considered this potential hotspot in the light of a bigger scenario until now, but I'm going to catch up on the thread. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Yeah, Argentinian navy wont stand a chance against the British.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

What makes me laugh is that the Argentinians ''know'' where a RN nuke carrying submarine is and all during the Cold War years the Soviet Union could never ever find one

The Argentinian Foreign Minister needs to sack his speech makers and researchers as they are #e.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Actually removing the claim from their constitution was part of the deal that we entered into negotiations under. Might want to get your facts right.
edit on 12-2-2012 by biggilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
No one is going to war over this.

The Falklands are ours and it will stay that way.

We will never give them up, ever. We have more military might than most countries and we also have options for more if needed. If pushed, I'm sure it would be sorted out politically, but and it's a big but and IF and It's a big IF they decided they wanted to have a go,.....well, I really pity them. Obviously they have short memories. Like a dog with a bone, we will never give those islands up. It's more than Oil, it's more than ownership, it's just a blatant.........you’re not having them and there is [SNIP] you can do about it.

We may not have a lot of things in the UK, but one thing we do have is soldiers with pride, memory and massive balls. It will never happen, but if it did.......look out. We will be there in a flash.

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 12/2/12 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggilo
Actually removing the claim from their constitution was part of the deal that we entered into negotiations under. Might want to get your facts right.
edit on 12-2-2012 by biggilo because: (no reason given)

That's the very point I was making. And the English got bombed into negotiation by the IRA and INLA. While the bombings went on, slippery English politicians were behind the scenes sucking up to the bombers while Ireland still claimed the North under it's constitution.

The point I'm making is that the English will always be worn down by attrition. The Argentines don't need a shooting war to get the English out of the Malvinas, they just need to be clever.

So don't accuse me of not knowing about the position.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join