It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Argentina WILL Invade the Falklands & How Iran are Involved

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

We only just managed back then

Quite right.

Successfully completing a militarily impossible task in 24 days.

But to fair military commanders around the world didn't have much to go on regarding the potential success of such a mission. Modern navies with modern missiles against modern jets, so many unknowns, with WW2 being incomparable.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

Perhaps the UK and Argentina could come to a deal.

The UK gives the Argentines the Falklands if the Argentines give the Argentine mainland back to the South American natives?

Not that there are many natives left in the stolen land that is called Argentina, as the Argentine conquistadors killed most of them.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by nocollegeonsunday

Two dodgy articles from the Daily Fail and that's your justification?

Sorry, here's some from a newspaper at the complete opposite end of the political spectrum:

www.guardian.co.uk...

Two children have been excluded from a remote Scottish island school after a fellow pupil was taken to hospital following an attack believed to have resulted from anti-English racism. An investigation was under way yesterday at Kirkwall Grammar School, Orkney, into an alleged incident of playground bullying which led to 15-year-old Christopher Muir being knocked out and taken to hospital, where he was kept overnight and treated for concussion.

From the same article:

In January Yvonne Nash, of Clackmannan, returned from holiday to find 'English scum' painted in three-foot high letters on her garden wall.

Last week lawyers in Dumfries lodged submissions for an English couple who claim they were the victims of racism perpetuated by a Scottish landlord and his wife. Frank and Sandra Walters say they were banned from the local pub and prevented from using the post office for no other reason than that they were English.

'It came to a head though when the young ones moved in. They told us: "We're going to burn you English bastards." I am ashamed, truly ashamed,' said Mrs Nash in a thick, Scottish accent. 'All this trouble because my man's English. They think they can drive us out. Well, we'll no go; we're no giving in.' There is growing feeling north of the border that it is time to re-examine national prejudices towards the English.

We're going to burn you English bastards. Still need more articles? Still need more justification?

edit on 12-2-2012 by nocollegeonsunday because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

You're tarring all Scots with the same brush, which is unfair.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Topic people. And the Scots vs Brits ISN'T it.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I believe that Argentina are waiting for the perfect time to take advantage of Britain's supposed lack of military power - during the foreseeable military action against Iran or/and Syria. Although I see no reason as to why Britain couldn't respond to an invasion of the Falklands. I wouldn't believe all the hype about the cuts to the UK's defence budget and reports of cuts in the regular army. I have no doubt that the UK would be able to easily increase the numbers of soldiers if needs must.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The last time Argentina invaded, there were what? 30 marines on the islands?
Pretty much an unopposed landing.
These days there are around 1000 troops, some top end fighters, a sub and a tin can. Add in the improved radar and missile systems and I doubt very much that any invasion would succeed.

They'd need Yank quantities of ships/planes to achieve any sort of breakthrough. Even with Irans help, they don't have the kit.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nocollegeonsunday
It's quite simple, for once in it's history, the US will have to deal with the wars it provokes in the Middle East on its own, we have the overarching duty to protect our people, and since we have oil in the Falklands, closing the Hormuz may not be as big a disaster as it seems, since we will be able to sell our oil globally and make a large sum of money.

We should be placing missiles capable of striking deep within Argentine territory and anti shipping/air missiles around the coastline, so that whilst we are destroying the invading force, we can also be attacking Argentine infrastructure in their country such as hospitals, military bases, schools, government buildings and civilian dwellings. After the losses have piled up, the Argentines will have no choice but to withdraw due to public pressure.

This has to be one of the most disgusting, horrific things i've ever seen posted on ATS before. You're actually advocating deliberate bombing of schools, hospitals and civilian dwellings. This is the sort of behaviour that inspired 9/11.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yazman

It's quite simple, for once in it's history, the US will have to deal with the wars it provokes in the Middle East on its own, we have the overarching duty to protect our people, and since we have oil in the Falklands, closing the Hormuz may not be as big a disaster as it seems, since we will be able to sell our oil globally and make a large sum of money.

We should be placing missiles capable of striking deep within Argentine territory and anti shipping/air missiles around the coastline, so that whilst we are destroying the invading force, we can also be attacking Argentine infrastructure in their country such as hospitals, military bases, schools, government buildings and civilian dwellings. After the losses have piled up, the Argentines will have no choice but to withdraw due to public pressure.

This has to be one of the most disgusting, horrific things i've ever seen posted on ATS before. You're actually advocating deliberate bombing of schools, hospitals and civilian dwellings. This is the sort of behaviour that inspired 9/11.

Absolutely. If the Argentinians are so keen to bring war to our people on the Islands, they should have no problems with us bringing war to their people.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Absolutely. If the Argentinians are so keen to bring war to our people on the Islands, they should have no problems with us bringing war to their people.

You are actually, here on ATS right now, advocating mass, indiscriminate killing of civilians (who have nothing to do with this sabre rattling, I might add), advocating crimes against humanity.

You are a thoroughly disgusting human being.
edit on 12/2/12 by Yazman because: (no reason given)

If these people invade our territory, they have to be repelled and their nation left in such a state that no future aggression can occur. If that means mass loss of life then so be it, they brought it on themselves through the illegal invasion.

If their people wish to avert this, then they must force their government to step down from this platform. However, they are very happy burning our flags, and attacking any business they deem to be connected to GB, which indicates to me that they would have no problem being equally brutal in ethnically cleansing the Falklands in the event of invasion.
edit on 12-2-2012 by nocollegeonsunday because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Ok. seeing as the last verbal warning didn't work, here is a second and LAST verbal warning. Further off topic posts will also carry a posting ban with them.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
If Argentina invade the falklands, I will row down in a rowing boat and kick them out myself.
edit on 12-2-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

you a true pirate

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185
I disagree; they will not go to war. Argentina are not struggling in terms of their economy, they have no real problems so the Falklands has gone to the top of the list.

Are you high? They have economic problems /facepalm

There will not be a war over the falklands. True they may have south America supporting them over the issue but that means very little. The most that will happen is the Argentina gov will stop weekly flights going to the island.
Neither country are in the right state for a conflict. The only war we will see is a political one.

Chill out guys there will not be a war. Haven't seen any evidence that points to it. This is just a way to divert public attention away from a bad economy and a unpopular government.
In short the Argentinian Gov has said there not looking for war. And the British Gov has said they will defend if there was a invasion- which goes without saying i should hope.

edit on 12-2-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
As someone who was there in 1982 and who saw some nasty # by the argentines (including pucaras dropping napalm) I can honestly say that apart from #ting in peoples houses in Stanley and locking up locals in the church hall in goose green they didn't start destroying schools, etc.. To the person that said we need to do this in Argentina is quite frankly disgusting. Their people at the time believed in something. They believed that the Malvinas were theirs because of pressure from the junta. A few pow's I spoke to were just freezing cold frightened men the same age as me (except I was holding an l1a1 slr) and they didn't even know where they were... I could have my own thread on my experiences I tell you...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I should not even be wasting my precious neural energy responding to a thread of such low intellectual calibre. However, exposed to such high levels of political and historical illiteracy, I feel compelled to say at least a few lines.
Some necessary background: Britian implanted a few paid British to live on an isle of the many islands there to excuse themselves and seek to colonise all the islands (including the uninhabited ones). FYI The first people to step on the falklands were actually indigenous, not European. Many Argentenians are mixed European with indigenous - they're not only European in descent, as you suggest.

Your proposition that the civilians in the mainland of Argentina should be attacked has no logical basis, this is not a logically entailed conclusion of their government's attempt to reclaim the Falklands. They are Not trying to invade Britain; a few among the government do want to reclaim a contested territory.

What other people are humanely trying to tell you and people of your ilk is that your comments are extremist, positioned against the strawman, advocating a British response that is out of proportion with that which would be the subject of response.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join