Iran Says US Attack Would Be ‘Akin To Suicide’

page: 2
15
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by targeting

Originally posted by theubermensch

Originally posted by targeting
What? Iran's defense budget is $9,174,000,000. Ours is $692,000,000,000. We have nuclear weapons. They don't. I don't think that th U.S. should go to war with Iran, but saying that attacking Iran "would be akin to suicide" is just ridiculous.


Do you really think it will be one on one?

Plus America couldnt beat Vietnam or Korea.

Those Vet Kongs werent scared of your military budget.

Oh please. First of all the U.S. has NATO on their side. Turkey and Israel alone would be enough to crush Iran, but with the entirety of NATO at our sides the U.S. military is practically undefeatable right now.

And who says we couldn't beat vietnam? We didn't surrender we just left because the government finally realized how pointless the war was. You're crazy if you think that America would have lost the war if we didn't pull our troops out. The Vietnam war was an incredible success militarily speaking. The viet congs didn't even win a single major battle.


Oh please yourself.

You think you can deal with Russia and China fast enough for your economy not to descend into chaos? Its on the brink as it is.




posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by targeting
What? Iran's defense budget is $9,174,000,000. Ours is $692,000,000,000. We have nuclear weapons. They don't. I don't think that th U.S. should go to war with Iran, but saying that attacking Iran "would be akin to suicide" is just ridiculous.


Sure, one on one, the US has the major upper hand with vast military might, and Iran surely knows this. If the statement is not simple posturing, it could have deeper meaning. Possibly it has a defensive pact with someone who ISNT a push over for the US, like China or Russia.

If in fact that is the case, then attacking Iran and going to war with the nation who has a larger stockpile of nukes than the US, and/or the other nation that could have as many as 10 or 30 or whatever the number, times as many nukes as "we" think, most definitely would be suicide for the US.

And nukes can be produced for tens of millions of dollars... so that 9 billion budget could go a long way, especially if they are prefab nukes from china/russia. Only ONE city would need to be destroyed by a nuke for the US people to suffer untold emotional trauma, and the life that we all know to end and the nation turn into a permanent, true, police state.

The geophysical US does not need to undergo total annihilation to satisfy committing "suicide".



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch
 


The fact is we weren't really allowed to fight a war in Vietnam. We had to ask permission to engage enemy. Yet we still offed well over a million them. But I'm sure as well as you are if the US military was allowed to march from one side of any country to the other shooting and bombing anything that moved they absolutely could.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch

Originally posted by kimish
I think the U.S. military is much more powerful than people realize. Think of the lack of soldiers and so forth and everything that makes our military look week but, all of that man power has to be compensated for some how. And it is done with technology. The U.S. has the most technologically advanced military on the face of the Earth right now.


But if you look at America's record all they have under their belt since WW2 is Iraq really.

They have been humiliated many times.

And I read how China hacked into the drone to land it in Iran the other day. I think all the tech is a bit over rated.





The USA has not had to win a single conflict since WWII. What was the real threat if they didnt? Besides they should not have been in any of those conflicts since WWII.

However, don't kid yourself the unfortunate reality is the USA military can inflict unimaginable damage if they want. Iran does not want to be at the opposite end of that, and they know it.

A crisis against Iran would be one the USA would not be willing to lose.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by mayabong
 


It was also in the news.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread is allegedly from a guy on the gound in Iran.

The OP is very well reasoned in his thinking and not one to over propagandize things. He just tells it as he sees it. I hope that he survives the coming war.

To be truthful, I hope that war is NOT forthcoming. I've had a bellyfull. I don't wish it upon any one, well, unless they're evil.


Still not connecting the dots to where they boast about sponsoring terrorism in your link. In
edit on 10-2-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf
 


"offing" a million people is something to be real proud of, seems like a magic number same happened in Iraq sheesh.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JustXeno
 


Well if your going to dispute who got there buttocks torn off and wore as a hat. Usually the one with 1 million dead is the loser.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Originally posted by theubermensch


Oh please yourself. You think you can deal with Russia and China fast enough for your economy not to descend into chaos? Its on the brink as it is.

I think NATO could take China and Russia. The U.S. alone spends about six times on their military than China does. China simply doesn't have the navy or air force to compete with America. Plus their economy is tied to ours. Do you think they'll throw away their economy and their country to try and save Iran?

Anyway, speaking of countries on the brink of destruction how're those protests in Russia going? Their threats about an American attack on Iran are completely empty.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Sharpenmycleats
 


To be honest we shouldn't have even been in WWII. Any European will tell you they didn't need us there.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by mayabong
 


It was also in the news.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread is allegedly from a guy on the gound in Iran.

The OP is very well reasoned in his thinking and not one to over propagandize things. He just tells it as he sees it. I hope that he survives the coming war.

To be truthful, I hope that war is NOT forthcoming. I've had a bellyfull. I don't wish it upon any one, well, unless they're evil.


Still not connecting the dots to where they boast about sponsoring terrorism in your link. In
edit on 10-2-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)


Really? You didn't click on the link, did you?

Read the post.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
reply to post by Sharpenmycleats
 


To be honest we shouldn't have even been in WWII. Any European will tell you they didn't need us there.


I've met many a European who were glad we came over...even Germans.

But thanks for the chuckles.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by targeting
 





Do you think they'll throw away their economy and their country to try and save Iran?


Yes. Do you think they will continue lending money to a failure of a country when it knows you deadbeats cant pay it back? They will cut their loses and foreclose.

And NATO is a joke. The American Army is a joke. They are soft young meatheads that cant even deal with a bunch of Afghans riding around on dirt bikes.

You cant deal with Russia and China.

They know hardship. Americans dont.

Military budgets mean nothing. America wastes massive amounts of money on anything they do.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex
 


While I agree they couldn't have done it without the help they have trouble admitting it.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
reply to post by Sharpenmycleats
 


To be honest we shouldn't have even been in WWII. Any European will tell you they didn't need us there.


I've met many a European who were glad we came over...even Germans.

But thanks for the chuckles.


Russia won WW2.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch
 


Huh? Do you know your history?

Germany was divided amongst the victors until 91.

And it wasn't Russia...It was the USSR (the Soviet Union) which is now defunct.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch
 


Well actually the money owed to China is only a measly trillion. Also it's not like it goes unpaid we load them up with food and jobs, with out us buying their junk they wouldnt even have an economy so its a win win. So please be man enough to tell us what country your posting from?



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by theubermensch
 


Huh? Do you know your history?

Germany was divided amongst the victors until 91.

And it wasn't Russia...It was the USSR (the Soviet Union) which is now defunct.


If they had not stopped Germany Hitler would have won the war.

Stalingrad was the decisive victory of WW2.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
reply to post by theubermensch
 


Well actually the money owed to China is only a measly trillion. Also it's not like it goes unpaid we load them up with food and jobs, with out us buying their junk they wouldnt even have an economy so its a win win. So please be man enough to tell us what country your posting from?


Man enough?

Australia. Gold star credit rated Australia.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Originally posted by theubermensch

think they will continue lending money to a failure of a country when it knows you deadbeats cant pay it back? They will cut their loses and foreclose.

And NATO is a joke. The American Army is a joke. They are soft young meatheads that cant even deal with a bunch of Afghans riding around on dirt bikes.

You cant deal with Russia and China.

They know hardship. Americans dont.

Military budgets mean nothing. America wastes massive amounts of money on anything they do.

You make a good point about America being unable to pay the federal debt, but as China only owns about 8% of our federal debt, the conflict between us won't happen anytime soon and it certainly won't be about Iran. Like I said China's economy is completely tied to ours and they simply don't have the military power to defeat us. Why would they ever go to war with us about Iran?



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by theubermensch
 


Huh? Do you know your history?

Germany was divided amongst the victors until 91.

And it wasn't Russia...It was the USSR (the Soviet Union) which is now defunct.


If they had not stopped Germany Hitler would have won the war.

Stalingrad was the decisive victory of WW2.


It was a Allied effort. If Hitler only had to concern himself with a one front war....well, we can only ponder. It is what it is.

Think about it. Without German scientists (Operation Paperclip) the US would not have produced the Atom bomb nor Space flight.

Trust me, read history books even if it is disagreeable with your ideas.





new topics

top topics



 
15
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join