It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when do you know youre 'awake'?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

It is a special kind of enlightenment to have this feeling that the usual, the way things normally are, is odd—uncanny and highly improbable. It is one thing to be amazed at a gorgon, a griffin or a unicorn, creatures which do not exist; but it is quite another and much higher thing to be amazed at a rhinoceros or a giraffe, creatures which do exist and look as if they don't. — Chapter I, The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are, Alan Watts, 1966

This is for me what is means to be awake, or aware. Looking at the things of everyday life like if it was something totally strange and out of place. Ourselves for instance, on this little rock, with our little habits, our little problems, our way of doing things. That's the sense of wonder. Going to the toilet and looking at yourself doing the things you do, like if there was 2 persons inside you, the one who does the things, and the one who observes.

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." --A. Einstein

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
My attitude on the whole enlightened thing sucks I know. I tend to be a pessimist. It is in my nature.

I guess because I just see it as something way beyond a humans mind to comprehend, I tend to think that no one has THE answer, just little bits and pieces that form a great big puzzle. To me, just finding my piece of the puzzle is what I consider being "Enlightened/Awake/aware". But that is only for me, and what it is to me, will most definitely be different from anyone else's.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
You know you are awake, when you can smell the coffee.
Everyone knows that.

I like that answer!

I'm moving in with you sew you can make the coffee in the morning for me to wake up to.

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

You hot wet slimy thing you!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
When you throw your T.V out the window.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I don't relate it to the school here, or the US. Actually, this school is getting busted soon. The board of directors have set up a twisted torture chamber for the students and are trying to make them all fail their grades. In addition, they've been given alot of technology from the cosmos to equalize and use clean energy, heal the planet and everyone, and ascend to a level one civilization or greater. But they've run off with the all the donations to the school, all the technology. They forget themselves altogether. If they're students in the school they get graded as such, but if they are who they claim to be, the mid management level board of directors, they're really going to be put through some tough spotlights. I've always considered myself to be someone who hands in reports and is judging the state of the school. Plus the message that its time to rise up to the new energies and raise our frequency. Many have been here for a long time, some even stationed here as watchers. Its time to go home, or up the levels. Its time to put our lives in order. And I'm not from here, but that message came in loud and clear this week, when I was in contact with 2, one coming in and one who was based here. I'd recognized him from childhood even. And was surprised at the message that came, was even given a name. And then, suddenly, bursted out with a message to him, that his work was greatly appreciated too, everyone who sacrificed themselves to be here, some are very tired, and grew cool. But it was time to rise to the occasion. I kept telling him, someone who had been involved in ufology with my family from childhood, that the ground crew had to ready themselves and start to work on their love, and feeling it again. I couldn't believe the tables reversed and I had a direct message for him from my soul.
edit on 28-1-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Being awake is seeing and defining things how they are, without the need to disguise it with fancy words. For example, you're awake when you realize that the government is an institution that relies on violence to get what it wants. Or that education is the mental conditioning to be a worker and not ask too many questions in regards to anything outside the system etc.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist

You hot wet slimy thing you!

I am hot!

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

I don't relate it to the school here, or the US. Actually, this school is getting busted soon. The board of directors have set up a twisted torture chamber for the students and are trying to make them all fail their grades. In addition, they've been given alot of technology from the cosmos to equalize and use clean energy, heal the planet and everyone, and ascend to a level one civilization or greater. But they've run off with the all the donations to the school, all the technology. They forget themselves altogether. If they're students in the school they get graded as such, but if they are who they claim to be, the mid management level board of directors, they're really going to be put through some tough spotlights. I've always considered myself to be someone who hands in reports and is judging the state of the school. Plus the message that its time to rise up to the new energies and raise our frequency. Many have been here for a long time, some even stationed here as watchers. Its time to go home, or up the levels. Its time to put our lives in order. And I'm not from here, but that message came in loud and clear this week, when I was in contact with 2, one coming in and one who was based here. I'd recognized him from childhood even. And was surprised at the message that came, was even given a name. And then, suddenly, bursted out with a message to him, that his work was greatly appreciated too, everyone who sacrificed themselves to be here, some are very tired, and grew cool. But it was time to rise to the occasion. I kept telling him, someone who had been involved in ufology with my family from childhood, that the ground crew had to ready themselves and start to work on their love, and feeling it again. I couldn't believe the tables reversed and I had a direct message for him from my soul.

I dew relate it to here because when my Soul was born, I was born on an Equal Footing all of WE the Souls, even Mother herself, but WE all IS.

So no man is going to tread on the Me here!

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Please,share more of your wisdom,I am interested in it.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
You know,actually I am overall a happier person since I have discovered the truth and have denied the ignorance.

Enjoy your time here,cause it only lasts so long.

It does no one any good dwelling on the negative,but it does help everyone in your life dwelling on the positive.

Be at peace with yourself and others.Enjoy the journey we call life.

It's your choice to either live in a dungeon or live at a circus.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Basically. That's what it is. And very few people are there. I actually despair for the generations after me..

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I hear this expression all the time here on ATS, what does it mean?
How do you know when youre 'woke up'?

I have a sudden urge to pee.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
When you finally realize how interconnected we all are.

What affects one of us affects all of us.

We are like drops of water and "God" is the ocean.

A mixture of Buddha and Christ mind.

A desire to heal the Earth and cherish each entity upon this third rock from a medium class yellow star.

When you finally realize the BMW, the big house on the hill, the Prada, golf membership, and all the other trappings of "success" are simply moments in time..............when you come to the realization that your soul is eternal and karma is real and your soul is eternal instead of all the toys you accumulate
edit on 28-1-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Ok the "god" reference doesn't sit well with me.

More like a life experience or worldly or even cosmic.

But ,as you have said,those trappings of success don't mean a thing when you are sitting alone in a nursing home because nobody cares about you.

edit on 28-1-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The truly virtuous man is he who practices the law of justice, love, and charity, in its greatest purity. If he interrogates his conscience in regard to the acts accomplished by him, he will ask himself whether he has done nothing wrong, whether he has done all the good in his power, whether no one has cause to complain of him, and whether he has done to others all that he would wish others to do to him. Being filled with the sentiment of charity and kindness for all, he does good for its own sake, without hope of reward, and sacrifices his own interest to justice.
He is kind, benevolent, humane, for all, because he sees a brother in every man, whatever his race or his belief.

If God has given him power and riches, he considers them as A TRUST confided to him for the general good; he is not vain of them, for he knows that God, who has given them to him, can take them from him. If the constitution of society has made other men dependent on him, he treats them with kindness and benevolence, as being his equals in the sight of God; he uses his authority to raise them morally, and not to crush them by his pride.

He is indulgent for the weaknesses of others, knowing that he too needs indulgence, and remembering the words of Christ, "Let him that is without sin cast the first stone."

He is not vindictive, but remembers only benefits; following the example of Jesus, he forgives all offences, for he knows that he will only obtain forgiveness in proportion as he has forgiven.

He respects the rights of others, as established by the law of nature, as scrupulously as he desires those rights to be respected in his own case.

info

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
So remind me,is this the awakening or the born again christian thread.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Truth it is you speak! Glad I am to hear it! Peace be unto you.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
So remind me,is this the awakening or the born again christian thread.

Dont let your ignorance blind you of knowledge. A truly intelligent person will disseminate and extract knowledge from all sources. IF you have a problem with my post in particular I would suggest you study deeper before forming a share-worthy opinion.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

If you have truly studied the "Bible" or any of the other "Holy Books" the correct translations, if you do the research, do not say "god" they say "gods" (plural)

Sorry to shatter your world, but maybe just maybe you need to put down that Ipod, cell phone, vampire novel, and remote and do some heavy research.

You and the majority of humanity has been spoon fed a pack of lies................and you need to research.

No, I'm not going to do the 30 years of research to give your mind a complete enema............that is up to you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join