It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when do you know youre 'awake'?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I hear this expression all the time here on ATS, what does it mean?
How do you know when youre 'woke up'?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

It would seem, based on personal observation, those claiming to be 'awake' tend to take more stock in faith, and belief, than reason.

Thus, when you start believing based mostly from circumstantial evidence, and a desire for something that might maybe perhaps be real into full on believer, still without any real verifiable evidence, you would by degrees then claim yourself to be 'awake'?

I suppose it's all based on personal perspective.

edit on 28-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Reason is the democratisation of opinion and data/fact. Democracy is a poor increment to judge 'awakeness' (or not) since it is the watering down of individual experience, in which all takes place.

The sense of wonder (hardly measurable) that you get as a child, which is then transposed on an adult is the sign that 'awakening' is present...not necessarily understood or workable, but present.

Akushla

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
A loaded question with lots of ways of looking at it.

"enlightened"

I guess that means they know more about the spirit world than the average joe? I always got a kick out of "enlightened".

"awake"

Meaning eyes wide open and seeing things for what they really are. Although we all see things as they are, it is all just perspective no matter what someone says.

"aware"

This one you have to watch for....you do not know what they are aware of... could be anything.

My answer to your question is that a metaphysical guru or a wanna-be guru will use enlightened.
Someone who says they are "awake" might have some interesting stories. And "aware" ooo, that one can be spooky. I think most "psychics" the real ones, would use this term more than any other.

Just my 2 cents

Really all of life is nothing more than living and learning, and that never stops. When a person "wakes up" it is really saying that their reality changed in such a way that they no longer see it as being stuck in the forest and not seeing the trees. They have a clearer picture of how their own reality works. Might not work for anyone else, but it works for them....

edit on 28-1-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It would be better if they said "more awake". Awake implies that some sort of upper limit of wakefulness has been achieved. I don't think this is possible. People get excited when they experience a paradigm change or move up a level, then talk about how awake they are. hah

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
When you stop posting on ATS.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
There are different ways of waking up and being awake. Different layers of it. I use the word for all of those layers of meaning.

The first is simply seeing the corruption in the world. Paying attention. Knowing the world doesnt make sense and doing the research. Not being fooled, seeing TPTB and their orchestrated wars and banks and toxins and control and how they play everyone and dumb them down. Seeing through the lies.

The second is the way I mean the most however, and it is the fullest meaning of the word. Its the Spiritual Metaphysics one, where you actually start to remember who you are, and perhaps have had experiences along the way. Where windows open up in your heart/soul and you recognize people and suddenly know what you're doing here at least in some parts of it. I keep getting more and more awareness, memories as more and more energies hit, and this really started in full in August of 2009, and the cme that hit earlier this week brought an experience and a memory returning.

All my life I've known the world didn't make sense and understood while watching 9/11 occurring on the news that it was a false flag even then.

However, 2008 was when I was woken up, ie began to search in earnest for all the answers, and was pushed strongly inside to do so, and that was a metaphysical awakening, ie. many many sitings with my children, and remembering lifelong ones. This whole waking up for me was via the ufology reseach I was forced to do.

Now, I'm far more spiritually motivated than ufology because spent some time trying to shut the door on what I didn't welcome while at the same time realize and know that we have quite a team of Good people, cosmically and Guides, Family above trying to get each of us, and humanity through, this testing grounds.

So to me, being more awake is actually starting to access some memories.
edit on 28-1-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
hi

my answer to knowing if your awake
you say something a bit nasty to a person
and it plays on your mind, because you know you were out of order
being awake is being aware of other peoples feelings
of course another way of being awake
is discovering something you have been brought up to believe is right
and finding out it was all such a falacy
this reality in everyone is coming closer
and people can feel it, even if they cant express it

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
After my second cup of coffee.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
When you stop listening to what is presented to you on the MSM,what the church is telling you,what you hear on the street.
You truly wake up when you understand what is happening in the world,that it is not what you thought it was.

It's not so much an awakening but an understanding.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Usually about 11 am at the earliest. And even that's pushing it.

If you mean something like spirituality, if you have to ask....then you still aren't.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Being aware of what is going on around you. If you go a little deeper being aware of the forces that be working in the shadows, and not being sheeple . My definition of sheeple probably would be completely oblivious , like a sheep to a person, of what is being force fed.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I hate to be the bubble buster but kNot a single person on this planet is truly Awake!

The only way to know you are Awake is when you wake up back at Source.
For that to happen, your Avatar/CaBeL/Surrogate will no longer be functioning and thus, it will be dead, but your Soul won't be.

The closest We can come to being Awake, is to be Awakening, sorta like a Quickening.
Which means We are in the process of becoming Awake but kNot there yet.

"Are We there yet?"

Ribbit

edit on 28-1-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

That would be the deepest layer of meaning. For when the fundamentalists think they sleep until the final trumpet they don't realize, this is the dream, this whole cosmos, the never ending story and layers of frequency realm school, sometimes its doing time and sometimes its Groundhog Day the movie.

We wake for real and join the real world, when we are of Their frequency, that is when we are Love and capable of truly being gifts to one another. When Freedom and Equality are wedded, when the energies of Father and Mother are wedded, when we're a thought that aligns with the Mind of Greater Source.

Until then, we go back to sleep and the dream lab.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

That would be the deepest layer of meaning. For when the fundamentalists think they sleep until the final trumpet they don't realize, this is the dream, this whole cosmos, the never ending story and layers of frequency realm school, sometimes its doing time and sometimes its Groundhog Day the movie.

We wake for real and join the real world, when we are of Their frequency, that is when we are Love and capable of truly being gifts to one another. When Freedom and Equality are wedded, when the energies of Father and Mother are wedded, when we're a thought that aligns with the Mind of Greater Source.

Until then, we go back to sleep and the dream lab.

Absolutely Pee On!

There's a doctrine known as the Equal Footing Doctrine, which has been applied to a territory when it becomes a state. It dictates that the new state enters the Union with the United States on an Equal Footing with her sister states. We the People are no different! When We pop out of Mom, before our feet hit the floor, We enter our Union with the United States and the state wherein We reside, on an Equal Footing with our brothers and sisters that comprise the United States and it should be that everywhere.

May the Force be with You and guide your Thoughts logically.

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I prefer to stay asleep.

Occasionally I will wake up, but then the nightmare starts lol

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It is generally that moment when a hypnopompic state is achieved, or that time when one first exits the sleep stage and struggles to make sense of the conscious state of being awake. The hypnopompic state is often conflated with hypnagogia which is that state of drifting into sleep, but the two are entirely different.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

This could turn into a very interesting thread.

As my avatar specifies "The world is waking up", I think that being awake is along the lines of seeing the world as it really is and not as it is shown.

Realizing that there is more than just getting up, going to work, coming back home and falling asleep in front of the TV. Realizing that the governments are corrupt. Realizing that the Main Stream Media indoctrinates us. Realizing that we are being programmed to feed exterior greed motives. Realizing that we are no longer free. Realizing that mankind is losing the battle through loss of good values, good principles and good deeds. Realizing that we are not robots. Realizing that we are much more than that.

Soon, Mankind will stand up, realizing that it's had enough and that it's not gonna take it anymore.

Being "awake" is realizing what we truly are and not what we are being told that we are.

Being "awake" is no longer being deceived.

The World is waking up.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
You know you are awake, when you can smell the coffee.
Everyone knows that.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

I might wake up for coffee.....
yep c(_) *sip*

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join