It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when do you know youre 'awake'?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Pain is the best indication that we are alive. Awake can have multiple meanings but no one struggles with the definition of pain.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Pain is the best indication that we are alive. Awake can have multiple meanings but no one struggles with the definition of pain.

Pain indicates that something is wrong and requires attention also.
Pain of mind - pain of body.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Right, that indication is awareness. So pain is self awareness. Pain is consciousness. If you were dead you would feel no pain.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I hear this expression all the time here on ATS, what does it mean?
How do you know when youre 'woke up'?

[color=gold]

HomerinNC, to know you are awake is something DEEP to consider. For even if some existing within 3d or the 3rd dimension are becoming awake to higher or unfortunately falling to lower dimension receptiveness, MANY STILL ARE NOT FULLY AWARE OF THE OTHER DIMENSIONS EXISTING LIKE LEVELS OF AWARENESS. Yes you may be waking up to the 3rd or higher/lower dimensions but still may be unaware or asleep in realms not even considered yet. So to 1 you are not FULLY awake until the CREATOR OF ALL* ALERTS you of the entire layout of this little universe of ENERGY.

NAMASTE
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******
[/COLOR]

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Right, that indication is awareness. So pain is self awareness. Pain is consciousness. If you were dead you would feel no pain.

Yes pain makes you aware and brings your attention to the source of the pain but Conciousness is far more than just pain. You can be concious of peace of mind and well being - Not all thought is focused on pain

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Hi, i just joined ats and wanted to add my veiws on the subject. Recently iv started researching these kind of questions, i supose you could say im on a personal journey to find myself. Anyway, i was sat watching tv and i suddenly realised i had been sat there for over an hour before i suddenly awoke. Now i wasnt asleep, but my brain must of been in pilot mode because i cant remember the last half hour of what id watched. Iv now come to the conclusion that tv realy is evil and it dumbs us down, so il be awake from now on and i wont be watching tv again. Since iv started meditating iv also felt more aware of nature and my surroundings, also my part in the world as a whole. Maybe that is what being awake realy means.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Truthfully, being awake simply means you are on a journey of personal truth.
It does not mean you have found anything for anyone else,
just for yourself personally.
However, there will be others who find the same things you do, and there will be others who find something totally different, it all depends on what spirit has in store for you and what you plan to do.

IMO

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
consciousness is. a truly conscious person does not feel hot or cold, pain, any of those things. if you achieve true consciousness, after you turn around and pull another up, you aren't here anymore. schools out.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
you never really know you always assume. I guess I assmue when I have stopped.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You normally see this brandished around here like an insult aimed at people who disagree. "Hey when you wake up, you'll see what I mean".

Basically, if you know you're awake, you're not. If you think you might be, you're probably closer.

The more you learn, the more you realize you really don't know. Only the truly clueless are sure.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Three Stages of The Awakening (posted above)

Praface: The following may appear, at first reading, to be highly unusual, or even unusually "religious", but please, I beg of you, for the sake of mutual understanding, and eventual comprehension, give me the "benefit of the doubt" as they say, and keep an open mind (for those who will). Thanks, in advance, it's much appreciated you have no idea.
Regards,
NAM
Truth to "power".

Staying Abraham's hand above his son Isaac, the Lord God prepared, in advance, a two horned ram, caught in a thicket, and then sent his OWN son, in the person of Jesus Christ, instead, so that no more sacrifice, either human or creature, would be required, while the whole of the Creation was (and is) redeemed.

"I ask for mercy, not sacrifrice."

"Worthy is the lamb of God."

"All those with ears to hear (or the eyes to read and understand) hear."

May we find the gate, may we seek it out,
because all the treasure is in Christ, who is with God,
and the treasure is his unending, unfathomable, mysterious, and even humorous Love for one and all.

There is no "Red Dog" (so codenamed) you see, only "Vinnie", a light brown Golden Retriever, who, although crated or caged for the first half of his life (the poor dear), has now found a new home with Cindy, who's "rescue dog" named "Bogie" had reached the end of his natural lifespan.

So you see, all is well that ends well, and begins anew, well.

Best Regards,

NAM

P.S. If I'm NOT "crazy", then indeed we are ALL of us, whether rich or poor, royally screwed in the best possible way, and yet the choice still remains, and from those who've been given more, more will be asked and expected, there's just no two ways around it, the gig is up, and the whole of heaven awaits our (your) next move..

OMG, what do we DO!

"Thanks Bob, for the reporting, now over to YOU Dan. Quite the weather we're having these days.... the spring just can't come soon enough! What do you think, will the the groundhog see his shadow THIS year?"

P.S. Please don't worry or be concerned however, about the "sacrifice" of "Bogie" (the elder Golden Retriever), who, I suspect rather strongly, was going to be quickly "dispatched" to make the replacement with "Vinnie" as quick and clean as humanly possible. After all, he was a very OLD dog and hey, don't "all dogs go to heaven" in the end, anyway? or should I say all "good" dogs? May he run freely in green pastures, and chase after sticks the size of redwoods. Amen.

"I ask for mercy, NOT sacrifice."

on a seemingly unrelated note..

Revelations 21 - 21:7

Revelation 21
1And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

6And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

7He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

"Forgive us our tresspasses, as we forgive those who've tresspassed against us." Amen.

Best Regards,

NAM

yes, i realize that was rather cryptic and might make me appear to be "insane" to some, but that doesn't matter, because they are not the intended recipients anyway! LOL

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

That could also be called detachment.

Importance of the term

Detachment as release from desire and consequently from suffering is an important principle, or even ideal, in the Bahá'í Faith, Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Jainism, Kabbalah and Taoism. In Buddhist and Hindu religious texts the opposite concept is expressed as upādāna, translated as "attachment". Attachment, that is the inability to practice or embrace detachment, is viewed as the main obstacle towards a serene and fulfilled life. Many other spiritual traditions identify the lack of detachment with the continuous worries and restlessness produced by desire and personal ambitions.

Wikilink Detatchment

Or it could be called Dissociation!

Dissociation From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia For other uses, see dissociation (chemistry) and dissociation (neuropsychology). Dissociation is an altered state of consciousness characterized by partial or complete disruption of the normal integration of a person’s normal conscious or psychological functioning.[1] Dissociation is most commonly experienced as a subjective perception of one's consciousness being detached from one's emotions, body and/or immediate surroundings.[2] Van der Kolk et al.[3] describe dissociation as a "compartmentalization of experience." Under normal conditions, consciousness, memory, emotions, sensory awareness, affect, etc., are integrated; with dissociation, in contrast, these traits are discretely compartmentalized to greater or lesser degrees. Dissociation describes a wide array of experiences that can affect any aspect of a person’s mental functioning.[4][5][6][7] Although some dissociative disruptions involve amnesia, other dissociative events do not.[8] At one end of a continuum, dissociation describes such common events as becoming lost in thought while driving a vehicle and not recalling parts of the journey. At the other end of the continuum are a cluster of dissociative disorders, such as dissociative amnesia, that can occur in response to severe psychological trauma such as rape or military combat. In such cases of abuse or trauma, dissociation can be regarded as a coping mechanism to help with an overwhelming experience.

Wikilink Dissociation

Two sides of the same coin if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

What do you mean, as soon as you achieve the goal, you get hit by a bus, is that how it works?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

yes
iI am not conscious i just saw it on tv. so could be wrong, could be taxi

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

yes detachment is correct, freeing oneself from the world. to be in the world but not of it. good post
thank you for all the links

it has worked for many different people with a wide variety of cultural beliefs. should say appears to have worked. there are yogis and others who have followed this way, demonstrating the lack of pain and the ability to experience no perception of temperature etc.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
little something from Electric Light Orchestra:

Here it comes, another lonely day, playing the game,
I'll sail away on a voyage of no return to see
if eternal life is meant to be
and if I find the key to the eternal dream.

The painted ladies of the Avalon play in the sun,
take to the road, to the North there lies the chills of cold,
to the South there lies the tales untold.
But in between there lies the place to close your eyes.

And I will stay, I'll not be back, Eldorado.
I will be free of the world, Eldorado.

Say goodbye, the city's heroes sing, bird on the wing
feel, feel so free through the life upon the rooftop haze,
all the cheating and the broken days.
So through it all I see there's nothing left for me.

So I will stay, I'll not be back, Eldorado.

Sitting here on top of everywhere, what do I care.
Days never end, I know the voyage's end will soon be here,
no eternal life is here for me.
And now I found the key to the eternal dream.

Then I will stay, I'll not be back, Eldorado.
Then I will stay.

www.lyricstime.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

In my experience, when you start getting really close, a certain death-fear does set in, which might lead a person to believe that they are scheduled to soon pass off this mortal coil, but then, if you can hold firm and remain faithful, confident, and courageous, you may come to recognize that this is just part of the rite of passage into a new domain of absolute freedom/liberation, at which point, because thereafter, it doesn't really matter either way, you might as well start enjoying your life and live it to the hilt, but in a good way, where goodness is it's own reward, and where you don't need to TRY to be good in order not, not to not be bad, if you know what I mean. This is a state of grace, and while the body may still experience aches and pains, hot and cold, the soul of a person now resides in an abode wherein there is no pain and no temperature issues at all.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
consciousness is. a truly conscious person does not feel hot or cold, pain, any of those things. if you achieve true consciousness, after you turn around and pull another up, you aren't here anymore. schools out.

Skewl is never out.

WE are forever the student, never the teacher, butt learning from one another all the while, while they learn from WE.

0-U-eYe 0-U-eYe 0-U-eYe

Ribbit

edit on 31-1-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

yes. now we are starting to sound like certain philosophers who came to the west bringing an eastern sensibility. Aldous Huxley was a student of this school.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

yes i am sure that is truth, as it is your nature to be, it could not be otherwise

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join