It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when do you know youre 'awake'?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
The truly virtuous man is he who practices the law of justice, love, and charity, in its greatest purity. If he interrogates his conscience in regard to the acts accomplished by him, he will ask himself whether he has done nothing wrong, whether he has done all the good in his power, whether no one has cause to complain of him, and whether he has done to others all that he would wish others to do to him. Being filled with the sentiment of charity and kindness for all, he does good for its own sake, without hope of reward, and sacrifices his own interest to justice.
He is kind, benevolent, humane, for all, because he sees a brother in every man, whatever his race or his belief.

If God has given him power and riches, he considers them as A TRUST confided to him for the general good; he is not vain of them, for he knows that God, who has given them to him, can take them from him. If the constitution of society has made other men dependent on him, he treats them with kindness and benevolence, as being his equals in the sight of God; he uses his authority to raise them morally, and not to crush them by his pride.

He is indulgent for the weaknesses of others, knowing that he too needs indulgence, and remembering the words of Christ, "Let him that is without sin cast the first stone."

He is not vindictive, but remembers only benefits; following the example of Jesus, he forgives all offences, for he knows that he will only obtain forgiveness in proportion as he has forgiven.

He respects the rights of others, as established by the law of nature, as scrupulously as he desires those rights to be respected in his own case.

info

Damn! I guess that means I can't pee on them to wake'em up!

I guess you can't get IT all right.
I ain't giving that One up.

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I was in nursing and dealt with many elderly patients - I'm now heading there myself.

Nobody cares about you...............I do.

We all matter.

We all have a purpose.

We are all interconnected.

I do know where you are honestly coming from as I have three sons that once my husband goes will give a poop about me.

But we are eternal.

Your soul has a purpose.

And it's never too late to be who you were intended to be.

Love yourself and the hell with the rest.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Generally speaking, it's when you find that God has shoved ammonia capsules into both of your nostrils and clamps your mouth shut.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by kdog1982

I was in nursing and dealt with many elderly patients - I'm now heading there myself.

Nobody cares about you...............I do.

We all matter.

We all have a purpose.

We are all interconnected.

I do know where you are honestly coming from as I have three sons that once my husband goes will give a poop about me.

But we are eternal.

Your soul has a purpose.

And it's never too late to be who you were intended to be.

Love yourself and the hell with the rest.

We are All already who We are/were intended to be.
You cannot change your destiny, only understand IT.
It's like what the Oracle said to Neo:

Neo: I suppose the most obvious question is, how can I trust you?

The Oracle: Bingo! It is a pickle, no doubt about it. The bad news is there's no way if you can really know whether I'm here to help you or not. So it's really up to you. You just have to make up your own damn mind to either accept what I'm going to tell you, or reject it. Candy?

Neo: D'you already know if I'm going to take it?

The Oracle: Wouldn't be much of an Oracle if I didn't.

Neo: But if you already know, how can I make a choice?

The Oracle: Because you didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it. You're here to try to understand why you made it. I thought you'd have figured that out by now.

Neo: Why are you here?

The Oracle: Same reason. I love candy.

Neo: But why help us?

The Oracle: We're all here to do what we're all here to do. I'm interested in one thing, Neo, the future. And believe me, I know - the only way to get there is together.

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by The1Prettiest1One
Generally speaking, it's when you find that God has shoved ammonia capsules into both of your nostrils and clamps your mouth shut.

God wouldn't dew that butt WE would!

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
You know you are awake when you know for sure that you are permanent and everything else is passing.
It matters not what appears for you are the seer and knower of all things and without you there would be nothing.
edit on 29-1-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I think of it as a spiritual/psychological awakening, which often only comes after a "dark night of the soul" since for everything there is a price, or a rite of passage, so that the value of the "awakening" or realization may be fully tested and found worthy or trustworthy and true.

"The kingdom of heaven is spread out upon the earth but (most) men do not see it (children see it)."
~ Jesus, Gnostic Gospel of Thomas, paraphrased.

You will know for certain when you have the appreciative eye of an artist, everywhere you look, where say branches of trees and the space between them are equally magnificent, and you catch your breath just to see it sway in the wind, whether on a dull and rainy day or a sunny day with puffy clouds, and the ear which celebrates at the sound of a bird chirping, or a seagull celebrating (or mourning) the sinking sun at the end of a day. Something like that.. at least in my experience anyway, for whatever it's worth.

Best Regards,

NAM

P.S. It is also defined by unconstrained, absolute liberation and freedom, to be freely self-expressed and thus to freely love as we are loved, which is what true and authentic freedom is really for, because to love and be loved is what fun is, even when we are by ourself. The awakened person is very rarely if ever, a lonely person, even if he/she doesn't have very many friends.

edit on 29-1-2012 by NewAgeMan because: no reason needed.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Then you walk around frustrated all the time. Being concerned only of the state of earth, animals and humans.
And you know you cant do nothing about it. Knowing how far everybody around you is from the truth

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
It is generally that moment when a hypnopompic state is achieved, or that time when one first exits the sleep stage and struggles to make sense of the conscious state of being awake. The hypnopompic state is often conflated with hypnagogia which is that state of drifting into sleep, but the two are entirely different.

You passed conflatus. What a hypnopompousous!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

Then you walk around frustrated all the time. Being concerned only of the state of earth, animals and humans.
And you know you cant do nothing about it. Knowing how far everybody around you is from the truth

In my experience, that's a perfect description of what being "awake" is not, or the state of being prior to, awakening, that is if what we mean by "awake" is to be like the Buddha, the "awakened one" or in western thought, having the Christ-mind.

edit on 29-1-2012 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
In the context of these forums here at ATS, there are probably three stages to "the awakening", imho.

1) Typified by intense sorrow, knowing something is "wrong with the world" we research intensely, and discover to our horror, and increasing sorrow (often combined with rage), that most of our suspicions were correct about "the matrix" we and our fellow man have been trapped inside of, a web spun by "power elites", and something against which we are seemingly powerless to change or impact in any significant manner. Not a fun place to be..

2) Increasingly desperate to seek escape from "the trap" we then rail against all the injustices of the world, become increasing bitter, and angry. Shaking our fist, and pointing our finger at, all the "the evils of the world" we may ultimately sink into a state of absolute despair and isolation, and for those of the most courageous variety, or the more cowardly, we then plunge headlong into the apparent abyss of depression, hopelessness and complete apathy, wherein the more courageous among us, and those with faith in God as an all-good supreme being, expect and hope for, an eventual release from, "the dark night of the soul" and an eventual emergence into the light of life and truth and reality as it really and truly is (escape from matrix). This is, generally, an even less fun place to be
and many here, who lack what Carl Jung called "an authentic theological framework by which to re-enter the fray with our entire being" are seemingly forever lost in this domain of a complete loss of hope (although a new day will eventually dawn for one and all).

3) True AWAKENING (of the everlasting variety), as we (at first, few among us) emerge from the dark tunnel into the radiant light of life (liberated consciousness), empowered ie: given the power to be a world-changer aka a "son of God' and thus a leader who points to a new and better world, as the eternal optimist relative to whom all cynics, being only part of the problem, not the solution, must step aside.

In other words, it's a process of death and resurrection, forced upon us, as a type of evolutionary principal of psychological and spiritual growth by which we, the little man, the downtrodden, the INDIVIDUAL. as the stone that was rejected by the builders which became the keystone, yet again (in the royal arch over which humanity may begin to pass into everlasting life and reedom) - overturns or overcomes the world, both for himself and on behalf of his fellow man.

For those who can grasp this, please note the irony as to how it all came about..! That's also a very powrful, magnificent and beautiful thing, that the problem became OUR gain at "their" expence, forced upon us, a "Great Work" or Magnum Opus we were goaded into, and one which, once completed, we would not trade in for all the world or any amount of earthly treasure, no matter how painful the "dark night of the soul" may have been to realize this new world of new possibility for one and all!

In other words, for those who are able, or with the wisdom to follow him who follows the one sent by God - we WIN!

It's what I like to call a true revolution, not in military affairs (PNAC) but in human affairs.

Best Regards,

NAM

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
~ John 16:33

May this generation, or the next (if needed) NOT be one which refuses to dance when the children play musical instruments and sing songs of joy and celebration.

edit on 29-1-2012 by NewAgeMan because: every reason given.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Above post edited, bumping, as something worthy of re-reading, and perhaps (you be the judge) a valuable contribution to ATS, for our individual and collective psychological and spiritual growth and well being, maybe even the restoration of our humor and charm in the face of great apparent adversity.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Three Stages of The Awakening (posted above)

Praface: The following may appear, at first reading, to be highly unusual, or even unusually "religious", but please, I beg of you, for the sake of mutual understanding, and eventual comprehension, give me the "benefit of the doubt" as they say, and keep an open mind (for those who will). Thanks, in advance, it's much appreciated you have no idea.
Regards,
NAM
Truth to "power".

Staying Abraham's hand above his son Isaac, the Lord God prepared, in advance, a two horned ram, caught in a thicket, and then sent his OWN son, in the person of Jesus Christ, instead, so that no more sacrifice, either human or creature, would be required, while the whole of the Creation was (and is) redeemed.

"I ask for mercy, not sacrifrice."

"Worthy is the lamb of God."

"All those with ears to hear (or the eyes to read and understand) hear."

May we find the gate, may we seek it out,
because all the treasure is in Christ, who is with God,
and the treasure is his unending, unfathomable, mysterious, and even humorous Love for one and all.

There is no "Red Dog" (so codenamed) you see, only "Vinnie", a light brown Golden Retriever, who, although crated or caged for the first half of his life (the poor dear), has now found a new home with Cindy, who's "rescue dog" named "Bogie" had reached the end of his natural lifespan.

So you see, all is well that ends well, and begins anew, well.

Best Regards,

NAM

P.S. If I'm NOT "crazy", then indeed we are ALL of us, whether rich or poor, royally screwed in the best possible way, and yet the choice still remains, and from those who've been given more, more will be asked and expected, there's just no two ways around it, the gig is up, and the whole of heaven awaits our (your) next move..

OMG, what do we DO!

"Thanks Bob, for the reporting, now over to YOU Dan. Quite the weather we're having these days.... the spring just can't come soon enough! What do you think, will the the groundhog see his shadow THIS year?"

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
"I am awake" is just just a buzz word or phrase of being aware of something you were not previously aware of
as far as I understand but there again I am a dreamer

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
"I am awake" is just just a buzz word or phrase of being aware of something you were not previously aware of

If only we had more of the likes of you (dreamers), then we'd be into a better world in no time flat, if only the cynics (who like to call themselves "realists") had the wisdom and the understanding and awareness to recognize the flaw in their position ie: adds nothign of any value.

It's always been the dreamers who've moved history in the right direction.

Keep up the good work!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

If only we had more of the likes of you (dreamers), then we'd be into a better world in no time flat, if only the cynics (who like to call themselves "realists") had the wisdom and the understanding and awareness to recognize the flaw in their position ie: adds nothign of any value.

Keep up the good work!

Well thanks for that it really touched me - made me feel like a child again.
Isn't that what its all about - Discussing wiithout judging - yet I am not free of that - but strive to be.
In truth we all have much to give to one another

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Keep up the good work!

Well thanks for that it really touched me - made me feel like a child again.
Isn't that what its all about - Discussing wiithout judging - yet I am not free of that - but strive to be.
In truth we all have much to give to one another

Yes. Very good!

"seek always first to understand, and then to be understood."

Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
~ Mathew 18:4

What are children if not very curious to learn, and always ready to laugh and play.

edit on 30-1-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

True - I like the Mathew quote - When I was a little kid not able to form words like I can now - I feel I knew so much more than now - That knowledge was just an overwhelmimg feeling of being and I thought all the big people felt that way too.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
You know you are awake when you can read a book on metaphysics and actually know what it is talking about.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

lol

I like that answer

You know you are awake when..........:

Someone pinches you and you scream OUCH!
edit on 30-1-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join