It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Judgment on homosexuality.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

Well than you are the only one to know the whole story. I wish you would get the attentions of some historians and bible scholars and let them know how it all went down because most people are only taking a best guess from the information that is available....and they don't really know either. the Bible was written by men on a mission and with an agenda. It may have some basis in truth but to attribute qualities and thought to a deity and then say you don't want to recognize this other deity is sort of picking and choosing your deities and mangling actual true history.

When your religion is based on lies that is all you are going to come up with.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by CaptainNemo

Well than you are the only one to know the whole story. I wish you would get the attentions of some historians and bible scholars and let them know how it all went down because most people are only taking a best guess from the information that is available....and they don't really know either. the Bible was written by men on a mission and with an agenda. It may have some basis in truth but to attribute qualities and thought to a deity and then say you don't want to recognize this other deity is sort of picking and choosing your deities and mangling actual true history.

When your religion is based on lies that is all you are going to come up with.

No I don't know the entire story, and am most certainly not going to continue to process the same regurgitated religious answers and assumptions about it and a lot of other subjects. God gave me the ability to think and decide on my own and thus I will. It comes a time when you realize that all religions and almost every facet of societal influence has been hijacked by the evil beast of Satan. I hate religion, it's been malformed to something that's used to commit evil and prevent you from thinking introspectively. Sheltering you from the truth.

I am a man of faith, and I relay the message of God. I have accepted Yeshuah the messiah as my lord and savior. I have no religion.You don't have to go to church to worship god, you don't have to take a bath in some water to be saved and you don't have to call someone a faggot for doing the work of God.

As for the bible, I'm doing a bit of research on "changes" within it. For example , the old testament was written in pictographic hebrew, then translated to mesoretic hebrew (in my mind the most ACCURATE translation of the word of god). After that it was just kind of a downward spiral, and then the greeks got a hold of it. SHTF. Two completely diff. cultures and idealogy. Hey this doesn't make sense to US so let's change it to this.

Yeshuah (hebrew) --->Jesus christ.
Yahweh---->God.
GODS or elhoim (which is plural) was used in the bible but amended to "ANGELS" by the greeks.

You see i'm no longer threatened by a pit of fire. I'd rather be wrong than ignorant. As long as I believe I can't go wrong.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
There are no shortages of jesus's gay encounters in the bible, and if humans were made in the image of god(s), then they were freaky sneaky too.....Worry about yourself, or are you?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I think a lot of people are missing a very important point in this discussion of Christianity vs. Homosexuality. Let me start by saying that as I was going through the responses on this thread, I noticed a lot of "hate" and venom coming from one side of the debate, and it is not the side of the OP. I personally know Mr. Rood, and I can attest that he does not have a hateful bone in his body. He is simply telling the story of S and G from the bible along with interesting facts that show the story was a real event. Michael has never "judged" anyone in his life, that is not his place and he knows it. But if you are living a sinful life he will let you know that you will have to answer for your choices some day.

Anyway, the point I am trying to make is that I here a lot of Pro-Gay activists claiming that they have no choice about who they "love" or are "in love" with. The bible says nothing bad about a man loving a man or a woman loving a woman. The sin in the bible is SODOMY. SODOMY can be performed between two men or a woman and a man. The sin is the same for both. Where do you think the name SODOMY came from? Christianity has no problem with the love, companionship, and trust of a relationship between any two people. But the bible considers SODOMY and the hedonistic lifestyle an abomination. This goes for same sex or opposite sex relationships that practice these lifestyle choices.

I also here a lot about no control over "attraction" and who a person is "attracted" to. I happen to be married with two children. I am a man and I am "attracted" to women other than my wife on a daily basis. I can't control it, it just happens. What I can control is how I choose to handle these compulsions. Do I act on them or not? The bible does not think highly of adultery and I happen to share that view. I don't think the attraction argument holds much water since you still have a choice on whether to act on that attraction, and that goes for everyone, gay or straight.

I personally think this issue is a small part of a much larger problem. This country was founded on biblical principals since it's inception. I believe we have seriously strayed from these principles. If every person actually believed that there was something beyond this life and that the decisions they made in this life could affect the next(whatever the next may be), I believe you would find human behavior would be much different than it is today. Most people today think that as long as you are not breaking man's law, you can do whatever you like. This country was founded on God's law. It is not against the law amass a huge fortune by ANY means necessary. It's not against the law to sleep with your neighbor's wife. It is not against the law to engage in SODOMY anymore. But all these actions and CHOICES breaks God's law. Most people today don't realize that SODOMY and adultery were crimes not to long ago, because man's law was based on God's law. That is not the case today. All our lives are based on a series of conscious choices that shape who we are. Attractions, compulsions, appetites, thoughts, etc. are all just variables in the choice that decides the action. The "It's not my fault I was born this way" argument is no excuse, the choice and the action still need to follow. One choice we need to make is whether or not we believe we will have to answer to God for our actions. I am not here to judge anyone. We all need to make our own choices and live by them. Following God's law is a choice that I personally chose to make. I feel that this choice has a huge affect on most other choices in a persons life, including "sexual preference". I now choose to end this comment

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Once again...

Judge not lest ye be judged.

It amuses me to find that 'so-called' followers somehow then become the 'leaders' and mouthpieces for God, by some osmotic process.

The deal is...you look after your own soul and where it's going, and others should look after thier own. You are responsible for your own salvation/damnation, as are others for thiers. It is absolutely NONE of your business what happens to others' souls...THIS is the domain of the JUDGE...do you get it?

Judge not lest ye be judged...

Akushla

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Yep, another fine example of 'loving christians' gone rabid.
The fact is, the god that the bible portrays has multiple personality syndrome.
In the first section, he kills and orders the massacre of his own creations.
In the second, he's supposed to love them. Or is it hate them, or hate the sin,
love the sinner.. or is it kill whoever it was responsible for killing Jesus, or etc, etc.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The thread author and the guy from the vids in the spiffy hat/dress ensemble are messengers of god and we should all listen to their wise and holy words.

If we do not adhere to their beliefs we still be struck down by Lord Voldemort and his evil minions the death eaters.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
God created homosexuals as a means to control population growth!

Thanks to all you breeders and believers banning abortion and killing homosexuals, Pretty soon we won't even be able to take a piss without getting SOMEONE wet...

That is of course, If the earth doesn't run out of resources first....

Reminds me of an episode of "The Outer Limits" I saw once....

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
We all deserve to be tortured in fire forever. This is a just punishment for everyone. If it wasn't for god becoming his own father, then sacrificing himself to himself to serve as a loophole to appease himself so that he can forgive us for being evil when we ask him to, none of us would have any hope whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

Originally posted by PharohGnosis
Hope that clears things up. The liberal lies that God created gays should be put to rest. God condemned homosexuality and punished them for their wicked and sinful ways. Rejecting your creator will lead you perdition, that goes for everyone.

Oooooooooh i'm scared
Scares me so much i will kick out my Girlfriend of nearly 8 years, change my life completely so "God" will be happy with me again...

...well, no, that will never happen

Honestly, why in the TWENTYFIRST #ING CENTURY do people still belive in fairy tales and God? If God is real, start believing that the Transformers, Harry Potter and Sonic the Hedgehog are real too.

And nobody should give a # about some crappy religion and their ancient views on life, sex and love.
Love is stronger than hate, love is stronger than religion and if you're really love another human, really deep love, you're not interested in the lies some religion created.

Every day i wake up next to my girlfriend, i consider myself to be the happiest woman in the world, because i have her, love her and she loves me

I don't think the scripture is speaking about women loving women as sinful. Everyone loves women. Women give life. I think it's speaking about men loving men. And, in particular, if I heard the story correctly, Sodom and Gomorrah only burned AFTER the men tried to rape other men. Now, that seems reasonable to me. Anyone who tries to rape someone else should expect to be burned by God.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I look at it like this... It is up to me to form my own relationship with my God. I am encouraged to witness as to how that has changed my life. I am not commanded by God to go on witch hunts and persecute people. Frankly, I don't care if a person is gay or straight. It really doesnt effect my faith and personal relationship with God. In fact, it is my hope all would accept Jesus, not just some of us. Once we realize that we are to work on ourselves and witness to others, perhapes...maybe that will draw others to God. Everyone, do not place all the followers of Christ into one group. Redemption is meant for all who accept it but ya have to mean it and feel it.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
If we are all God's children, that means he created all humans. If God created all humans, that means he created gays. If God hates gays, that means God made a mistake. God making a mistake means he's not perfect. So, what about God being perfect?

I don't mean to bash God but the idea that he/she/it hates gays. God loves all his children. God loves his straight and gay ones. And you're hearing this from a Wiccan.
edit on 1/7/12 by Avalessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Congratulations OP, you've managed to discredit anyone who preaches "Christianity is love" in one fell swoop. I'd love to see them enter this thread and explain themselves, or better yet, explain to you how you're wrong, but to be honest, I'm so sick of religious ignorance on ATS that I'm dropping this single response and won't be returning.

Whatever happened to "Love Thy Neighbor"?
Whatever happened to "Only God Can Judge"?
Whatever happened to all the "Love" that makes up Christianity?
I suppose these lessons reside in the same place they always have...

...in a file labeled "when convenient" placed in the back of some cabinet drawer behind all the witch burnings, gay bashing, sexism, condemnation, fire bombing, pedophilia, and concentration camp files.

If you die before I do, lemme know how your god responds to your actions. If you get in, you can keep your heaven. I'd like to keep mine segregated from people like you. No offense.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
All of the reasons "God" would condemn homosexuality is based on the old testament - specifically the laws of leviticus which are nothing more than "laws" governing the survival of a culture dependent on agriculture. If there truly were homosexuals then it would mean less procreating and less workforce. This is why homosexuality is a choice. One CHOOSES who one sleeps with. While you may not be able to control who you are attracted to, many many choices are involved in going with someone to a specific location, taking ones clothes off and engaging in the activity. All of those are choices. Period.

Besides, anyone that chooses to say that homosexuality is against God cannot, by that same logic, believe in the "virgin birth" story. It IS possible to have a virgin birth and happens in nature. 1 in every 5 million women are born with an X and Y chromosome....the only thing needed to have a 'virgin' birth. It is a biological anomolie, not a biological impossibility and happens in nature all the time. Some people just accept their brainwashing and don't care to research the facts. Must be a nice bubble to live in.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
And Jesus took the naked boy and washed his feet , then took him to his bed and showed him heaven.....The roman catholic church spent 8 billion dollars in 2011 on lawyer fees facing molestation charges left and right and its ALL boys,,,so that being said,,I think God must be ok with it even in its most sinister form...the first time being exposed to homosexuality for lots of boys, is in church, church trips, church camping, leaving your kid alone with a priest..so I think god is cool with it.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
What about all the clergy men who go around kiddy fiddling? How do they fit into this? The catholic church still protects them and most of the acts committed are to children of the same sex, ie the clergy men are not only pedophiles but homosexuals.

I'm just wondering why if christianity hates gay people so much does the catholic church continue to shield and guard members of their church who partake in such activity.

Yet another piece of hypocrisy when it comes to christianity in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
These arguments are so dumb; people, for some reason, cannot understand that love is love, regardless of whether it is between a man and a woman, a man and a man, a man and a plant, and so on.

WE DO NOT CHOOSE WHAT WE ARE ATTRACTED TO.

Organized religion needs to die a slow, miserable death. Where are the iconoclasts of our age? Furthermore, how can people still be so narrow minded. Jesus Christ, when these hate filled imbeciles get their day of judgement they will find they have no place in any god's kingdom. Hatred will be met by hatred; they will damn themselves, both in life and in death.

Why do you even care whether two same sex people like each other? Also, please ask yourself this question: why would your god care? Doesn't it have more important things to do?

People who derive their morals from religion are so twisted and sick. Disgusting.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Okay after reading the OP of this thread it was very hateful.

The new testament was the good news, of Jesus christ's death and ressurection. If Jesus christ was here in real life and seen you casting stones at gays he would call you a modern day Pharisee.

Jesus came to fufull the law of the Old Testament , if you are follower of Christ why use old testament laws? If you do follow old testament laws you disobeyed Jesus teaching. He brought a new law called love thy neighbor. This is why christ ate dinner with sinners and even shocked his own followers.

Pharisee's always throw stones, jesus christ would never throw a stone at a sinner.

I'm not a Christian but use to be baptised forcefully and read the new testament because if I didn't I would be punched across the face or have a hot large metal cross burned on my back or arm.

l still have the two cross marks on my back and little marks on the arm when I was burned at 8 years old from my grandma for committing a sinful act of watching non Christian TV or a refusal to read the word of god, I did it again watching tv and was burned again. Did I tell you how I was baptised? I didn't want to go in the salt water, so i was forced to hold my breath for 3 minutes underwater by her hands smudging my face against the ground, inside of small pool covered in salt as she was praying and chanting words with a pastor.

When I was 12 , I had a nude magazine and was caught, my grandma taken me to her church and prayed with a pastor, then brought me home and locked me inside of my room for 4 days only drinking water, when she opened the door to let me out she said I can eat but had to eat words of her prayer on paper before I could have real food.

My non Christian mother thrown her in jail for child abuse but even still did bad things when I went to visit her, she even denied I was at her house when I was reported missing for 4 days. The pastor of her church was serving a life prison sentence for murdering his wife and kids, later on eventually, the pastor was crazy to because he was also there during my baptism when I was forced underwater screaming without breath.

I'm terrified of crosses but still respect Christians, not all of them because I know they all are not the same.

edit on 28-1-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Where are all the threads saying Fornicators are Sinners? I mean in modern times I would say Sex before Marriage is WAY more prevalent than Homosexuality? Yet the gay community is the one that gets the brunt of it, it always struck me as odd. If you even look at another in anger you are guilty of murder, how about instead of Condemning, Christians try the tactics of Jesus? Jesus hung around with Prostitutes and Tax Collectors, some of the worst people in his time, Maybe if Christians showed people love instead of Hate they might be better received.

Very true.. there is more than one kind of sexual sin.

As far as Jesus hanging with prostitutes and tax collectors ..lets be honest.. He hung around them to convert them, and He did.
Mathew was a tax collector who left that behind and became a disciple.

Mary Magdalene was some sort of sexual plaything for some of the leaders of the temple...and she left that life to follow Him.

Thats the only reference we have of him hanging with "sinners", and it was made by the pharasees who saw these people with Him.

Its not like He was hanging out at the local pubs chugging a beer and slapping the girls on the rear end... because He didn't judge..

He preached to sinners..because He wanted their salvation through conversion and repentance.

Why do you think John the Baptist who proceeded Him, made clear His way with calling people to repentance...you can't do that unless you are using some kind of Judgement, and all the disciples did it.

As far as everyone saying that we should just let others lead their own lives if they are not hurting anyone...I would say.. that in this day and age, everyone pretty much knows what God thinks in the bible.. so.. if they really don't care..or believe the bible is true...it will be the living God that deals with it in the end.

I'm starting to see that the best thing I can do for others as well as myself, is to pray, with humility and love, that all our hearts are opened to the loving will of God...who would much rather give freely of His mercy to those who seek it, than His just justice.

edit on 28-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PharohGnosis

The liberal lies that God created gays should be put to rest.

What utter religious garbage, did you even entertain the thought of engaging brain before you typed this tripe ?

If your god is the creator of everything that is/was or will ever be then how is it possible that there could be something not of his/its' creation ?

By the way, your god even says it in the bible that he/it is the creator of evil.

Why on earth do you come to ATS to spout this delusional drivel ? This is a conspiracy website and you choose to come here churning up bigoted hatred for the way other people are born, get a grip and go pedal the gay hating bible nonsense to the Phelps family they will love you back. There is nothing at all liberal about not caring what consenting people do in the privacy of their own home if you want to label that then call it common courtesy .

I am quite troubled by the fact that the mods have not closed this thread for inciting hatred and lack of relevance to anything .

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join