It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Judgment on homosexuality.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

Ok, to use your own quote in your tag,

Is the chance that Homosexuality maybe a result of environmental exposure an uncomfortable thought to you that it needs to be suppressed?

If you where to be intellectually honest you would admit that the debate is still open, and the gay community is so ANTI research about the topic that its hard to even study environmental vs genetic causes.

Why are gay people statistically more likely than the general population to have had been victims of molestation in their developmental years?

Why is studying it frowned upon?

Abused [male] adolescents, particularly those victimized by males, were up to 7 times more likely to self-identify as gay or bisexual than peers who had not been abused. No longitudinal studies examined the causal relationship between abuse and gender role or sexual orientation, however. Gender role nonconformity and gay or bisexual identity may precede abuse."

William C. Holmes, MD, MSCE, Assistant Professor of Medicine and Epidemiology at the University of Pennsylvania

So Again it could precede it, but the research is not "popular" are even allowed by the LBGT community.

SO to even to state that being "born that way" is Fact, is a false statement.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PharohGnosis

Trust me, we really don't even know if there is a "God" much less what his judgement might be.

Did you know for example that the ancient deity worshiped as Yahweh had a wife and they reigned together?

I didn't think so.

news.discovery.com...

Stavrakopoulou bases her theory on ancient texts, amulets and figurines unearthed primarily in the ancient Canaanite coastal city called Ugarit, now modern-day Syria.

All of these artifacts reveal that Asherah was a powerful fertility goddess.

Asherah's connection to Yahweh, according to Stavrakopoulou, is spelled out in both the Bible and an 8th century B.C. inscription on pottery found in the Sinai desert at a site called Kuntillet Ajrud.

"The inscription is a petition for a blessing," she shares. "Crucially, the inscription asks for a blessing from 'Yahweh and his Asherah.'

Here was evidence that presented Yahweh and Asherah as a divine pair.

And now a handful of similar inscriptions have since been found, all of which help to strengthen the case that the God of the Bible once had a wife.

Also significant, Stavrakopoulou believes, "is the Bible's admission that the goddess Asherah was worshiped in Yahweh's Temple in Jerusalem.

In the Book of Kings, we're told that a statue of Asherah was housed in the temple and that female temple personnel wove ritual textiles for her."

J. Edward Wright, president of both The Arizona Center for Judaic Studies and The Albright Institute for Archaeological Research, told Discovery News that he agrees several Hebrew inscriptions mention "Yahweh and his Asherah."

edit on 28-1-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Considering that just about every species on Earth that reproduces sexually engages in homosexual activity it contradicts your opinion on the subject that homosexuality is a choice and therefore concludes it to be nothing more then a joke.

Dolphins Rape and Kill for fun...

Lions kill baby lions that aren't their own genetics, Can we at least agree that the ethical moral standards of Animals do not apply to humans.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
From the links the ops posted it seems to be more about how Christianity and Homosexuality do not go together, the links talk about Homosexual Priest and clergy.

The Bible is pretty clear on these matters and that is what the Links are saying, I took this op as saying, SO if your a christian than you should follow the bible and the bible says X...

So from a Christian belief stand point if you claim to be christian than X is wrong, where in this case X is homosexuality.

Lets not forget that According to the bible Sex before marriage is wrong, just as wrong as any other sin, such as Homosexuality.

Where are all the threads saying Fornicators are Sinners? I mean in modern times I would say Sex before Marriage is WAY more prevalent than Homosexuality?

Yet the gay community is the one that gets the brunt of it, it always struck me as odd.

If you even look at another in anger you are guilty of murder, how about instead of Condemning, Christians try the tactics of Jesus?

Jesus hung around with Prostitutes and Tax Collectors, some of the worst people in his time, Maybe if Christians showed people love instead of Hate they might be better received.

The OP links are accounts of a time before the death of Jesus Christ. Before there were 613 mosaic laws AND the 10 commandments ALL of them equally damning. Swearing was the equivalent to murder. Homosexuality to stealing, you see.? This is why the two cities were destroyed. Almost NOBODY could follow all these laws and most of them "missed the boat". God then sent his begotten son, Jesus Christ to be martyred on the cross, for all of mankind's sin. The punishment of any sin was death and he embraced it for the love of US. However while alive and preaching Jesus taught a much more simpler path to salvation and eternal glory.

“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:13).

Yes, it is that easy.! Simply believe in the Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior and you shall have salvation.

Hey, Jesus hung around lepers too. I would really like to see how close you are willing to get to a leper.? Tax collectors, prostitutes, preachers, presidents, moderators
me AND you are man alike.

“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23)

But we ALL can have forgiveness, even those who speak against the father.

Acts 16:30-31, the Philippian jailer asked Paul and Silas: “ . . . ‘Sirs, what must I do to be saved?’ And they said, ‘Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved . . . .’ ”

Here's another quote about temptation.

“There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, Who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it” (1 Corinthians 10:13).

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

SO to even to state that being "born that way" is Fact, is a false statement.

This is a totally false, misguided statement.

In a preschool setting you can see what little boys are going to grow up to wear moms dresses. Girls are more difficult to gauge because Tomboy behavior is more acceptable than a feminine boy but trust me (again) people are born what they are and already with their sexual femininity or masculinity intact. The human form (reproductive organs) that surrounds that internal gender definition do not always match up.

Nature doesn't deal in absolutes or in perfection. We are what we are.

And animals have no ethical moral standards and that's one of the things that separates us from them....Well MOST of us.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Im through arguing over this. Have already explained to you a hundred times. Clearly I am surrounded by bigots in here.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

Originally posted by PharohGnosis
Hope that clears things up. The liberal lies that God created gays should be put to rest. God condemned homosexuality and punished them for their wicked and sinful ways. Rejecting your creator will lead you perdition, that goes for everyone.

Oooooooooh i'm scared
Scares me so much i will kick out my Girlfriend of nearly 8 years, change my life completely so "God" will be happy with me again...

...well, no, that will never happen

Honestly, why in the TWENTYFIRST #ING CENTURY do people still belive in fairy tales and God? If God is real, start believing that the Transformers, Harry Potter and Sonic the Hedgehog are real too.

And nobody should give a # about some crappy religion and their ancient views on life, sex and love.
Love is stronger than hate, love is stronger than religion and if you're really love another human, really deep love, you're not interested in the lies some religion created.

Every day i wake up next to my girlfriend, i consider myself to be the happiest woman in the world, because i have her, love her and she loves me

If you want to live your life denying the truth and living like that, just be prepared for the day you stand before God. Whether you believe you will or not, you will. Just rememeber youll be judged by how you judge others - even those of us with our "crappy religion and ancient views on life". God bless you

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe
AND FYI I am proof that it isnt a choice, so are millions and millions of other people. In kindergarten I had a crush on another boy. I have always and will always be gay and just the sight of female genitalia is enough to make me throw up.

The truth is I accept what you say. But I also accept natural law and the bible. It is possible for both to be compatible. It is willful sin that leads to destruction. By your words and your heart you prove that you do not willfully sin. I do not judge you, nor should anyone who calls himself Christian. Anyone who condemns you has not listened to Christ, nor do they have a relationship with him.

Everyone is a sinner but Christ has promised to love us all. We can believe differently and still love each other. Jut as you believe that homosexuality was not a choice but rather how you were born, I also believe that Jesus was not a choice but something I was born with.

You see attacking what I believe is just as wrong as me attacking what you believe. But i am not attacking what you believe, I am only defending what i believe. I consider you a brother, not my enemy. I love all just as Jesus instructs because I see us all as one in Christ.

It is only those who do what they know in there heart is wrong that are in danger of the lake of fire. Regardless of what I must believe because I believe in the bible, it is what is in your heart that matters. Jesus says to love those who hate you, I know this is difficult but if you want love give love. The one that chooses to love always wins because they will always walk away justified. With love, even though I still highly disagree with your scientific opinions.

link   
reply to post by Iason321

Glad to know that you only believe the ridiculous things you do because you are afraid to be tormented by your "all loving god" for an eternity in the fiery pits of Hell.

link   

What the OP posted has nothing to do with where this conversation went. Pay attention.

Yes and that is called thread hijacking and your not supposed to do it. So with that Im out, as i would be furthering Hijacking this thread.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Glad to know that you only believe the ridiculous things you do because you are afraid to be tormented by your "all loving god" for an eternity in the fiery pits of Hell.

The ridiculous things I believe? How about the truth I know is true. My God is all loving. He is also wrathful and when people spend there lives living in sin, denying His name and His existence, then they must be held accountable. I am not afraid of being tormented in Hell.

I do believe the Hell of fiery pits and eternal torments exists, but that place is reserved for Hitlers, Pol Pots, Momar Gaddafis, Osama Bin Laden, 9/11 Hijackers, serial killers, etc

I believe the Hell that atheists and homosexuals goto is not the Hell of fiery pits and eternal torment, but the hell of Eternal oblivion (IE, sheol, the grave) / non existence.

Eternal life is granted through Jesus Christ.

Just what I personally believe....
edit on 1/28/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

But I also accept natural law and the bible.

Well then there is your problem.

Maybe you shouldn't swallow that Bible whole.

And if you accept natural law you will accept nature has no "laws" and there is great diversity among and within species.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Not really

You are going to be judged according to how you made others feel.

You will get everything you have given through out your life. If it was good that is what you will see played back and if you caused pain that pain will be brought back so that you see and feel what you have done. I know this from an intensive study of NDE's.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Not really

You will get everything you have given through out your life. If it was good that is what you will see played back and if you caused pain that pain will be brought back so that you see and feel what you have done. I know this from an intensive study of NDE's.

That fits into my belief pretty well.

I believe God takes everything into account. Personal beliefs are the least important of the factors which He decides when judging you. You're actions taken throughout your life and how you affected others is the main thing He judges on though,

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
But then I heard that God Hates Bags, so now I protest against them.

Yes it has been said so it is done. I have known of the evil in being a "bag worshiper" for Moses said: "thou shalt not worship any bag before thine God"

I too am against bags now that I have been enlightened.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

reply to post by PharohGnosis

Trust me, we really don't even know if there is a "God" much less what his judgement might be.

Did you know for example that the ancient deity worshiped as Yahweh had a wife and they reigned together?

I didn't think so.

news.discovery.com...

Stavrakopoulou bases her theory on ancient texts, amulets and figurines unearthed primarily in the ancient Canaanite coastal city called Ugarit, now modern-day Syria.

All of these artifacts reveal that Asherah was a powerful fertility goddess.

Asherah's connection to Yahweh, according to Stavrakopoulou, is spelled out in both the Bible and an 8th century B.C. inscription on pottery found in the Sinai desert at a site called Kuntillet Ajrud.

"The inscription is a petition for a blessing," she shares. "Crucially, the inscription asks for a blessing from 'Yahweh and his Asherah.'

Here was evidence that presented Yahweh and Asherah as a divine pair.

And now a handful of similar inscriptions have since been found, all of which help to strengthen the case that the God of the Bible once had a wife.

Also significant, Stavrakopoulou believes, "is the Bible's admission that the goddess Asherah was worshiped in Yahweh's Temple in Jerusalem.

In the Book of Kings, we're told that a statue of Asherah was housed in the temple and that female temple personnel wove ritual textiles for her."

J. Edward Wright, president of both The Arizona Center for Judaic Studies and The Albright Institute for Archaeological Research, told Discovery News that he agrees several Hebrew inscriptions mention "Yahweh and his Asherah."

Yes I do know that there is a god and is judgment is in the Book.

Yes I do know, and she was never to be worshipped "Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones and cut down their Asherah poles." Exodus 34:13.

She was also known as "RAUCH" in the mesoretic texts. Apart of the trinity of God. YAHWEH-elohim,RAUCH-elohim, and YESHUAH the Messiah. Rauch represents the femininity of god and Yahweh the masculinity. Rauch was was referenced only handful of times in the bible, I think less than three. Once in the beginning of genesis where it hovered over the waters, later on when the voices of Rauch and Yahweh were heard talking in the garden, and lastly when the spirit of Rauch was used in the creation of man. Never to be refered to again... What's that all about.?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

The NT tells us it don't matter what we eat. The NT also calls homosexuality a reason why someone cannot get to heavens. Romans I think touches on it.

I found at a Christian bookstore the NNT (New New Testament) it not only says it does not matter what you eat but also it does not matter who you...ahem! There is a new section called "Americans" and in Americans 2:32 It touches on it.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

The NT tells us it don't matter what we eat. The NT also calls homosexuality a reason why someone cannot get to heavens. Romans I think touches on it.

I found at a Christian bookstore the NNT (New New Testament) it not only says it does not matter what you eat but also it does not matter who you...ahem! There is a new section called "Americans" and in Americans 2:32 It touches on it.

Nice attempt at humor. Paul and Peter were apostles and both claimed that we can eat whatever we want, but in Romans homosexuality is still declared wrong, even in the NT.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

reply to post by CaptainNemo

Ill just ask you kindly what you just asked us - where is your proof that homosexuality is a choice?

I'm refuting it until you present evidence otherwise.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Not really

Wed have better luck teaching my cats to not groom their genitals then we would of having successfully knocked some sense into these religious nutters. The world will turn. The Jews will continue to be persecuted and threatened with genocide, so will homosexuals continue to be executed for their lifestyle, millions of unborn women will be intimidating into dressing like ninjas, lots of honor killings and unjustly imprisoning rape victims, and then 1,000 years from now if religion hasnt completely destroyed our species all together and when science has put us onto other worlds, Humanity will look back at 2012 and say to itself, "we were really, really stupid".
edit on 28-1-2012 by theBigToe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join