It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Judgment on homosexuality.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe
reply to post by sacgamer25

I mean if youre just going to point out scripture to me then we can go back and forth all day, and I can provide you with scripture that says its okay to be proud, and that its okay to rape your dad, or sell your daughter into slavery, offer her even to be gang raped by a mob, I can quote scripture that would have condoned the holocaust and the Inquisition, and 9/11, and denying minorities equal representation in the law. The answers arent in a book filled with circular logic, theyre everywhere but in that book. Its all around you. Ask the universe your questions directly and science will provide you the means to an answer.

Science has not and cannot explain origins. The old earth is based on many assumptions, assumptions are not fact. Evolution is a never-ending line of assumptions. You can believe in man's assumptions, I will believe in God.

link   

I mean if youre just going to point out scripture to me then we can go back and forth all day, and I can provide you with scripture that says its okay to be proud, and that its okay to rape your dad, or sell your daughter into slavery, offer her even to be gang raped by a mob, I can quote scripture that would have condoned the holocaust and the Inquisition, and 9/11, and denying minorities equal representation in the law. The answers arent in a book filled with circular logic, theyre everywhere but in that book. Its all around you. Ask the universe your questions directly and science will provide you the means to an answer.

Science has not and cannot explain origins. The old earth is based on many assumptions, assumptions are not fact. Evolution is a never-ending line of assumptions. You can believe in man's assumptions, I will believe in God.

link   
From the links the ops posted it seems to be more about how Christianity and Homosexuality do not go together, the links talk about Homosexual Priest and clergy.

The Bible is pretty clear on these matters and that is what the Links are saying, I took this op as saying, SO if your a christian than you should follow the bible and the bible says X...

So from a Christian belief stand point if you claim to be christian than X is wrong, where in this case X is homosexuality.

Lets not forget that According to the bible Sex before marriage is wrong, just as wrong as any other sin, such as Homosexuality.

Where are all the threads saying Fornicators are Sinners? I mean in modern times I would say Sex before Marriage is WAY more prevalent than Homosexuality?

Yet the gay community is the one that gets the brunt of it, it always struck me as odd.

If you even look at another in anger you are guilty of murder, how about instead of Condemning, Christians try the tactics of Jesus?

Jesus hung around with Prostitutes and Tax Collectors, some of the worst people in his time, Maybe if Christians showed people love instead of Hate they might be better received.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

You just said that evolution is a raft of assumptions - I rest my case...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Link

Jaye Saulong (photo at right) who was born with cerebral palsy is also growing up to be blind. The cause of his 6-year-old son’s blindness on the left eye, according to Joel Saulong, was an infection that he acquired when he caught up with measles when he was still under the care of his mother.

" Gays don't choose to be gay." That's the most asanine, erroneous, unfounded statement I've ever heard. Where's the "gay" gene.? Don't blame genetics for a choice that YOU made. Don't hide behind a feeble microscopic wall to vindicate your ways. It just shows how weak and uncomfortable you are in that confused state that you won't even own up to wanting to be gay. You won't take responsibility for YOUR actions yet you want to be accepted, claim it fully.! Life 95% temptation. Being able to resist alot of the negative temptations is a testament to your character. Gluttony and over indulgence flood you with a sense of satisfaction and it might take you a while before something internally or externally, makes you realize that this is WRONG with obvious negative side-effects.

This innocent child free of sin was born with CB, he did not choose to suffer.

X-ray of my son because the doctors at the National Children’s Hospital have warned me that he may also lose his right eyesight if he is not treated immediately,” said the Negros Occidental-born former sewer who has remained jobless. “He is also required to drink an expensive milk formula for his physical well-being,” he said.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Preaching the word of God is not pride. Pride is thinking you are superior to others. Pride hates to bow to authority but exalts the self. Pride will prevent a person from admitting they are sinning, and will instead cause people to look for justification for sin. The word of God preaches what is sin, and telling people what it preaches is not pride in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

Ill just ask you kindly what you just asked us - where is your proof that homosexuality is a choice?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

You just said that evolution is a raft of assumptions - I rest my case...

Apparently I know what you believe in better than you. I also know what I believe in better than you. I spent years and hundreds of hours researching evolution and believing that any organism evolved to become a different more complicated organism is an assumption.

You can rest your casse but your case is based on assumptions. This is the truth anyone who says otherwise is either a liar or passing on a lie that they have come to believe as fact.
edit on 28-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

You have clearly never read a thing about evolution or you would not have come to the conclusion that its a theory based on assumptions. On the contrary, what you believe is based on assumptions. Evolution can be explained with evidence, something thats completely lacking from your position.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I think if gays are born that way or not is not the issue, if born or not the bible still says its wrong.

I can list my sins fairly well, I tend to be glutinous (what American isn't) A little too covetous (again what American isn't) I also tend to let my anger run away with me some times.

Now the glutinous shows it self in an over indulgence in crappy foods.

The covetous shows when I should maybe do better things than buy a new TV or Computer.

And the anger, well the anger comes out when dealing with people on Forums (Lol)

Now lets go with anger, if I am angry with my fellow man, Ive as much killed him as if I shot him myself, it is the intention that matters, again AS Jesus said.

I just think as a Christian, I would be better served working on those problems and sin in my own life, before I go out attacking others, in that way I could serve Christ better in Mirroring his example, IN FACT some of the only time Christ showed Real Anger, was when dealing with Hypocrite Religious people.

You know the whole Remove the Log from your eye, before removing the splinter from others.

I am not saying Homosexuals are not Sinning, I am Saying we ALL are sinners, and I think that is the message Christians tend to forget from time to time.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Ill just ask you kindly what you just asked us - where is your proof that homosexuality is a choice?

Your universal law and science should be enough proof that homosexuality is not according to natural law. without reproduction between man and woman we cease to exist.

The burden of proof therefore lies with you. There is no proof that it is not a choice.

If I say the bible is the truth because i was born to know this, you reject my proof. If a homosexual says they were born with the fact that they were homosexual don't I have the same right to reject that truth.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Like I said, nobody cares what you personally believe. There is whats proven to be true, and whats still as of yet to be proven true. You dont have any reason or right to claim that homosexuality is a choice and that its wrong and that its a threat to the Human race. You go ahead and believe your ridiculous fairy tales - that doesnt make them true and dont expect people who dont labor under the delusion of the unprovable to take your beliefs seriously.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Permissive Society created them. like it created alcoholics, computer addicts, & junkies. The are the product of the State. You may not have choice about being an addict, but you don't have to be a drunk or a user. It's a choice, the same with homosexuality. A person may have a leaning towards it, but God strictly condemns such things because to be out of your own control is dangerous. It is not the natural way of things, & it doesn't lead to God's purpose for mankind..'Fill the Earth with your offspring'. It has become a 'temptation of Man' because it is accepted as the norm, but it is not God's norm. Like drunkeness, it should be avoided.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

I think if gays are born that way or not is not the issue, if born or not the bible still says its wrong.

I can list my sins fairly well, I tend to be glutinous (what American isn't) A little too covetous (again what American isn't) I also tend to let my anger run away with me some times.

Now the glutinous shows it self in an over indulgence in crappy foods.

The covetous shows when I should maybe do better things than buy a new TV or Computer.

And the anger, well the anger comes out when dealing with people on Forums (Lol)

Now lets go with anger, if I am angry with my fellow man, Ive as much killed him as if I shot him myself, it is the intention that matters, again AS Jesus said.

I just think as a Christian, I would be better served working on those problems and sin in my own life, before I go out attacking others, in that way I could serve Christ better in Mirroring his example, IN FACT some of the only time Christ showed Real Anger, was when dealing with Hypocrite Religious people.

You know the whole Remove the Log from your eye, before removing the splinter from others.

I am not saying Homosexuals are not Sinning, I am Saying we ALL are sinners, and I think that is the message Christians tend to forget from time to time.

I also have a problem with gluttony,.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

Your universal law and science should be enough proof that homosexuality is not according to natural law. without reproduction between man and woman we cease to exist.

The burden of proof therefore lies with you. There is no proof that it is not a choice.

If I say the bible is the truth because i was born to know this, you reject my proof. If a homosexual says they were born with the fact that they were homosexual don't I have the same right to reject that truth.

Considering that just about every species on Earth that reproduces sexually engages in homosexual activity it contradicts your opinion on the subject that homosexuality is a choice and therefore concludes it to be nothing more then a joke.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
AND FYI I am proof that it isnt a choice, so are millions and millions of other people. In kindergarten I had a crush on another boy. I have always and will always be gay and just the sight of female genitalia is enough to make me throw up.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

Actually this OP is about Christian beliefs, now if they are correct are not is up for debate, the OP posted links which I take you didn't read?

The links talked about Gay Clergy in the church and how that is clearly against what the bible states.

Now the fact that you have hijacked the OP on a pro-evolution anti-christian rants have nothing to do with the original post in the op that CHRISTIANITY is ANTI-Homosexual.

So Im confused when I state facts about Christianity (I can go back and post scripture and verse to prove that is what Christianity believes) so again I think you are the one confused about this OP.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by theBigToe

Actually this OP is about Christian beliefs, now if they are correct are not is up for debate, the OP posted links which I take you didn't read?

The links talked about Gay Clergy in the church and how that is clearly against what the bible states.

Now the fact that you have hijacked the OP on a pro-evolution anti-christian rants have nothing to do with the original post in the op that CHRISTIANITY is ANTI-Homosexual.

So Im confused when I state facts about Christianity (I can go back and post scripture and verse to prove that is what Christianity believes) so again I think you are the one confused about this OP.

What the OP posted has nothing to do with where this conversation went. Pay attention.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
As a believer, I personally don't see much, if any, difference between practicing homosexuality as opposed to practicing heterosexual promiscuity.

If, as we mature, we come to believe that promiscuity leads to a whole host of less than desirable consequences for many of the parties involved; we may at that point choose (wisely in my opinion) to refrain--as best we can--from said harmful activities.

As a believer, I try not to sleep around these days. If I were a homosexual believer, I would attempt the same thing.

Growing up I've always had friends of various persuasions and colors. My career background has also brought me into contact/friendships with many homosexuals.

Do we choose our sexuality? Maybe, maybe not--but we DO choose and court any paraphilia we might have.

God is certainly not legislating any morality these days. We all have a choice in both beliefs and practice.

I should always have an answer for my understanding of what the Bible says, but I'm much too morally puny to preach to anyone out-of-the-blue as I better be MUCH more concerned with the conflicts in morality that I find within myself.

God doesn't hate homosexuals…he hates ANYTHING that chips away at the light of pure love.

But then again: What do I know? Peace…and love, Y'all.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

You have clearly never read a thing about evolution or you would not have come to the conclusion that its a theory based on assumptions. On the contrary, what you believe is based on assumptions. Evolution can be explained with evidence, something thats completely lacking from your position.

The evidence suggest that no new information can be weed to DNA. This is science. There is no evidence that suggest that male and female, combined with physical andatraction and intercourse has any benefit for survival. There is no evidence that we consider intelligence and emotion has any benefit to life. Actually it is quite the contrary we are the only organism that destroys the environment we need to survive.

Evolution cannot answer these questions. Evolution says if we see it today it must have evolved. There is no fossil proof of evolution, and a single cell organism still has never been witnessed evolving to a multi-cellular organism. We have never witnessed an assexual organism change into male and female. There is no fossil evidence that any of this has ever happened. Evolution provides no answer for origins.

All dating systems that are used to date anything more than a few thousand years old are based alley on assumptions. These assumptions have been made in order to support evolution. There are many signs that point to a young earth. Science refuses these signs simply because a young earth would prove evolution wrong. I have read it all and it is all based on assumptions. There is no evolution only adaptation. Anything more than adaptation is based on assumption.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join