It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Judgment on homosexuality.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleSun
reply to post by gabby2011

Actually, that is yet another misconception. The "7 deadly sins" are NEVER mentioned in the Bible. They are man-made as decreed by the Catholic church, NOT God.
There are 7 things God hates. It's very clear in every Christians bible to read, yet 99.999999999% of them have no clue what they are (while claiming to be good Christians).

ok..so please inform us of the 7 things that God hates..

Is being prideful and trying to make people look stupid one of them?

Oh wait..here they are..

(4) Arrogant Eyes (5) A Lying Tongue (6) Hands That Shed Innocent Blood (7) A Heart That Plots Wicked Schemes (1) Feet Eager to Run to Evil (2) A Lying Witness Who Gives False Testimony (3) One Who Stirs Up Trouble Among Brothers

These might be sins that He hates.. but do we know what He detests?..hmmm

I do know that Mary says in a few apparitions. .. that the sin of impurity is the most common sin that has put souls into hell.

But hey... it doesn't matter what I say.. or what Mary says.. or even the bible to many..

God will have the last say....despite people doing what they want to do.

edit on 28-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Dear (Choose your favorite religious hypocrite),

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from you, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the Bible's other specific laws and how to best follow them.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted disciple and adoring fan,

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
Busy watching a lengthy Rood clip, where "cult leaders" (according to Rood's title), or rather preachers from regular Christian churches give their supposed confessions.

Within the first few minutes the clip manages to insult the Catholics (with a pope impersonation), the Seventh Day Adventists, the Methodists and the Baptists.

They all had a "Rood Awakening" when they realized how wrong their "Sun-god-day" worship was, and came to know the true Messiah (with the fashionable Hebrew name) and the Torah.

This thread is actually hilarious.
Rood totally rubbishes Christianity, but yet the homophobes pull out just the anti-gay bits from his vast repertoire.
But to paraphrase Bob Marley, while you point your finger, someone else is judging you.
Well according to the Bible Jesus will tell many Christians to get lost on Judgement Day (nice).
So all these groups are in a system of figuring out who the "true" believers are compared to the 30 000 other versions.
That allows people like Rood to get their share of the market.

My sir, for what purpose do you post here.? You in this Mr. Rood must be in league together, but I have yet do determine the connection. You say what he teaches is true then you abandon that stance and provide evidence of the opposite, but then you announce your neutrality.? All in the same post too. Then you continue to post his rants, as to incite confusion.? Finally you proclaim the man is a fraud. Why wasn't this condensed to one post.? I must surmise that you have conspired to bring this thread grossly off topic my sir. You have succeeded, however operose your efforts may have been.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Since you're assuming anybody your expecting a reply from is going to be a hypocrite, i'm not going to answer any of your questions. I am deeply offended, not because i'm not a hypocrite because I totally am. I was gonna go to work but then I got...well you know the rest.

Hahaha, smite...I love that word.

edit on 29-1-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
[

we do know what He detests in Proverbs 12:22.... lying lips.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

have no idea...

This is where she said she saw it.. maybe you can ask purplesun what is what called and do a search?

or try searching 3rd secret of Fatima on youtube , and maybe the documentary will pop up..?

as lame as it sounds, I saw it on a show on Discovery or NatGeo (I'm addicted to those channels). They went in-depth and talked about the 3rd secret, how the pope at the time forced the girls to a "vow of silence" (how convenient) and lots of other great things about it. They didn't want it known that a Pope would be killed by others in the Vatican and that it was all based around the Bishop in charge of banking and the deal he made about buying a bank and the politics of Pope John Paul 1 and the disagreement of those around him. I'm sorry I can't remember what show it was specifically but it was very eye opening.

I will say that in other apparitions beside the one I linked in my post.. Mary has said that the antichrist will arise through the Vatican...and this is basically what is being told to this prophet as well.. regarding The Warning.

Now before anyone starts spouting off how evil the catholic church is..that is not what they mean.. the church is Holy in its sacraments and true to Gods teachings ..but Satanic or Luciferian sects as some refer to them have infiltrated into the Vatican and it started happening quite some time ago.

I like to compare it to some of the evil leaders (again not all) within Judaism at the time Christ came to bring His teachings , as well as salvation through His death to Gods chosen people, as well as the gentiles.

The whole world needs so much prayer....I really believe there are some very challenging times ahead of us, and we will need the strength and hope that comes from faith.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
If you believe the bible, you will see that Sodom and Gomorrah along with two other cities were destroyed by God's wrath. It says because their cry is great, "and because their sin is very grievous." Gen 18:20 It does not say God killed them for being gay. Wouldn't God have sent a pillar of fire upon ancient Greece or Rome if this were the case. This is a new Christian idea. The rabbonic texts suggest that these cities were destroyed for thier cruelty and selfishness. Plus the citizens of Sodom wanted to gang rape the three messangers (angels) that accompanied Abram to Lot's house. If you want to know Jesus' perspective on the subject, open the new testament. In the Gospel of Matthew when Jesus warns of a worse judgment for some cities than Sodom, inhospitality is perceived by some as the sin, while others see it fundamentally being impenitence:

If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town. I tell you the truth, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town. --Matthew 10:14-15

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

[

we do know what He detests in Proverbs 12:22.... lying lips.

Are you accusing me of lying?.. because lying is knowing when you are giving false testimony.. and still doing doing it, much different than being mistaken about something which you thought was true.

.. So he hates arrogant eyes.. and he hates those who stir up trouble with their brothers.. and those who falsely accuse..hmmm..oh here are a few more..

1. Homosexual acts (Leviticus 18:22).

2. Bestiality (Leviticus 18:23)

3. Idols, and the materials used to make idols (Deuteronomy 7:25)

4. Blemished sacrifices (Deuteronomy 17:1)

5. Worshipping the sun, moon or stars (Deuteronomy 17:3-4)

6. Divination (Deuteronomy 18:10)

7. Astrology (Deuteronomy 18:10)

8. Enchanters (Deuteronomy 18:10)

9. Witches (Deuteronomy 18:10)

10. Charmers (Deuteronomy 18:11)

11. Wizards (Deuteronomy 18:11)

12. Necromancers (Deuteronomy 18:11)

13. Transvestitism (Deuteronomy 22:5)

14. The hire of a whore (Deuteronomy 23:18)

15. Remarriage to a former wife after she has been married to another man (Deuteronomy 24:4)

16. Dishonest scales (Deuteronomy 25:13-16)

17. Workers of iniquity (Psalm 5:5)

18. The wicked (Psalm 11:5)

19. Those who love violence (Psalm 11:5)

20. The froward [perverse] (Proverbs 3:32)

21. A proud look (Proverbs 6:16-17)

22. A lying tongue (Proverbs 6:17)

23. Hands that shed innocent blood (Proverbs 6:17)

24. A heart that devises wicked imaginations (Proverbs 6:18)

25. Feet that are swift in running to mischief (Proverbs 6:18)

26. A false witness who speaks lies (Proverbs 6:19)

27. Anyone who sows discord among brethren (Proverbs 6:19)

28. Lying lips (Proverbs 12:22)

29. The sacrifices of the wicked (Proverbs 15:8)

30. The ways of the wicked (Proverbs 15:9)

31. The thoughts of the wicked (Proverbs 15:26)

32. The proud in heart (Proverbs 16:5)

33. Those who justify the wicked (Proverbs 17:15)

34. Those who condemn the just (Proverbs 17:15)

35. Vain sacrifices (Isaiah 1:13)

36. Feasts as Israel celebrated them (Isaiah 1:14)

37. Robbery for burnt offering (Isaiah 61:8)

38. Idolatry (Jeremiah 44:2-4)

39. Evil plans against neighbors (Zechariah 8:17)

40. False oaths (Zechariah 8:17)

41. Esau (Malachi 1:1-3; Romans 9:13) [Actually, it’s "Jacob have I loved, and Esau have I hated" -ed.]

42. Divorce (Malachi 2:14-16)

43. The deeds of the Nicolaitans (Revelation 2:6, 15)

There.. thank you so much for helping me make them known to the readers of the thread. I'm sure you will find them enlightening, since you seem to care so much for what God hates.. and wish to inform His followers of them..

Thank you for helping us point them out so clearly.. it must have been wanted and needed by God to do so in the thread.

I will bookmark the page..so I can read them again...and share them again.

edit on 29-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Perhaps with all the bible quotes that goes on in threads like these. Perhaps people should ponder Mark 4 Verse 11 and 12

11 He told them, “The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables 12 so that, “‘they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!’

Take time to actually read and understand the bible and stop using god's word to condemn others to damnation. That is not your job.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamthelaw614
If you believe the bible, you will see that Sodom and Gomorrah along with two other cities were destroyed by God's wrath. It says because their cry is great, "and because their sin is very grievous." Gen 18:20 It does not say God killed them for being gay. Wouldn't God have sent a pillar of fire upon ancient Greece or Rome if this were the case. This is a new Christian idea. The rabbonic texts suggest that these cities were destroyed for thier cruelty and selfishness. Plus the citizens of Sodom wanted to gang rape the three messangers (angels) that accompanied Abram to Lot's house. If you want to know Jesus' perspective on the subject, open the new testament. In the Gospel of Matthew when Jesus warns of a worse judgment for some cities than Sodom, inhospitality is perceived by some as the sin, while others see it fundamentally being impenitence:

If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town. I tell you the truth, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town. --Matthew 10:14-15

Thats interesting..but the grievous sin had something to do with certain sexual acts,, such a sodomy, in the sense of rape..which is cruelty .

Makes me realize how much patience God is having with mankind now.. with all the gang rapes, violence and selfishness going on.
edit on 29-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

accusing you of lying? not at all. just answered your question on what he detests.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

"God" created them but them obviously chose to be homosexual. I know that I have had absolute say in exactly what I find attractive. I once thought I found black hair attractive but then I was like NO, black is the color of death and I refuse to be attracted to black hair. So I forced myself to be attracted to brunettes.

You don't choose to be gay. You are born that way.

I was attracted to other boys from a very young age. Around the age of 6 or 7. My grandma knew there was something different about me from when I was a toddler that she could never quite put her finger on.

How does a 6 or 7 year old boy "choose to be gay"? He doesn't!
He was born gay

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Overstuffed
Perhaps with all the bible quotes that goes on in threads like these. Perhaps people should ponder Mark 4 Verse 11 and 12

11 He told them, “The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables 12 so that, “‘they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!’

Take time to actually read and understand the bible and stop using god's word to condemn others to damnation. That is not your job.

ha !.. nobody is damning anyone.. that is Gods job.. but is it not a Christians duty to tell others about their salvation , and how they go about getting that salvation ?

Did not Jesus say those words .. about being witnesses to others to His disciples .. and if they are not listened to then wipe the dust off their feet and leave?

Are you damning us by trying to correct us? ..

I say you are not damning us .. just trying to show us the error that you perceive us to be making..you are trying to correct us.. which is what we are doing with them as well.

So its ok for you to correct us.. but it is not Ok for us to speak what we feel is truth?

I think you make judgements on the motivations of why we speak out, and your judgements are incorrect.

You really think Jesus will say to us.. " I told you not to talk about my teachings.. I told you not to reveal anything..that is why i spoke in parables?"..then I will be very surprised.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Oh please, just give it up you stupid moronic Christians!

As Jesus once said, remove the log from your own eye before offering to remove a speck from mine!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

[
There.. thank you so much for helping me make them known to the readers of the thread. I'm sure you will find them enlightening, since you seem to care so much for what God hates.. and wish to inform His followers of them..

Thank you for helping us point them out so clearly.. it must have been wanted and needed by God to do so in the thread.

dit on 29-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

you're welcome! it is just as important for Christians to be educated on what God hates as much as what He loves. It's horrible for people to call themselves a Christian and they don't even know what's in their bible that they swear by. I'm a Christian and it really annoys me how people don't take the time to read for themselves or know what the bible really says because they don't study it in it's original text. It's like people thinking that the Christ's name is Jesus. C'mon...really? The letter "J" is only 600 years old, so how could that be the name of the Savior who died 2,000 years ago? I guess common sense isn't so common though. i didn't really find anything enlightening since i've studied them for years but i'm glad that you learned something and am happy to help = )

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

accusing you of lying? not at all. just answered your question on what he detests.

oh.. Pardon me for being paranoid.. I'll work on that..

Well..I'm glad we got a very detailed list of what He hates and detests.. That is always helpful.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DanielET

Originally posted by MJZoo
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

"God" created them but them obviously chose to be homosexual. I know that I have had absolute say in exactly what I find attractive. I once thought I found black hair attractive but then I was like NO, black is the color of death and I refuse to be attracted to black hair. So I forced myself to be attracted to brunettes.

You don't choose to be gay. You are born that way.

I was attracted to other boys from a very young age. Around the age of 6 or 7. My grandma knew there was something different about me from when I was a toddler that she could never quite put her finger on.

How does a 6 or 7 year old boy "choose to be gay"? He doesn't!
He was born gay

One might not choose who they are attracted to, but there are MANY conscious decisions involved with CHOOSING to have sex with someone, therefore it IS a choice. Many people in jail are not "gay" and yet they choose to have homosexual sex. So while someone may not be in control of who they are attracted to, I'm sick of the argument that who they have sex with isn't a choice. The only time it's not your choice to have sex with someone is if you are raped.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

[

dit on 29-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

you're welcome! it is just as important for Christians to be educated on what God hates as much as what He loves. It's horrible for people to call themselves a Christian and they don't even know what's in their bible that they swear by. I'm a Christian and it really annoys me how people don't take the time to read for themselves or know what the bible really says because they don't study it in it's original text. It's like people thinking that the Christ's name is Jesus. C'mon...really? The letter "J" is only 600 years old, so how could that be the name of the Savior who died 2,000 years ago? I guess common sense isn't so common though. i didn't really find anything enlightening since i've studied them for years but i'm glad that you learned something and am happy to help = )

I find this attitude sort of arrogant and demeaning to other Christians.. Do you think Our Lord would approve?

I realize I am guilty of not always being a good christian... but if we are going to start quibbling over the J letter.. I think satan is definitely winning again in stirring up trouble within the brethren.

The Lord hates proud eyes..and the Lord hates those who stir up trouble amongst their brothers...and you think its Ok to come and haughtily pronounce how you know Him so much better than all the "other" Christians.. who are so stupid as to call Him Jesus?

*sighs and shakes head*
wow...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

oh.. Pardon me for being paranoid.. I'll work on that..

Well..I'm glad we got a very detailed list of what He hates and detests.. That is always helpful.

no worries. btw, about that list that you posted... i don't know where you got the list from but a couple of the translations are not accurate from what the original Hebrew text is talking about.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I find this attitude sort of arrogant and demeaning to other Christians.. Do you think Our Lord would approve?

I realize I am guilty of not always being a good christian... but if we are going to start quibbling over the J letter.. I think satan is definitely winning again in stirring up trouble within the brethren.

The Lord hates proud eyes..and the Lord hates those who stir up trouble amongst their brothers...and you think its Ok to come and haughtily pronounce how you know Him so much better than all the "other" Christians.. who are so stupid as to call Him Jesus?

*sighs and shakes head*
wow...

yes, the Lord would very much approve just as Proverbs 4:5-7 , Proverbs 14:8, Proverbs 16:6 clearly show it. The Lord does not like ignorance of His word. And I'm not quibbling of the letter J, and it has nothing to do with Satan. It's common knowledge that the name of the Christ is Yeshua, not Jesus. Jesus is not a Hebrew name (as He would've had to have had according to Jewish law) and never once did He hear the name Jesus. That's simply historical fact. If one never studies their own religion to know that, it's not my fault. God says to have wisdom of His word and not have ignorance. I never said people were stupid for thinking his name is Jesus, they are ignorant. Big difference. Ignorance is not a bad word, it simply means lacking knowledge...such as you didn't know what God hated. No big deal. Now you do know.

And never once did I say that I "know Him so much better than all the other Christians". it would be impossible to measure how deep a relationship is or compare them. You mentioned earlier that you are paranoid and it sure seems you think that I'm somehow attacking you which I'm not. Just stating facts.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join