It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3-4 years later, after being strongly anti-Obama....I will be voting for him for a second term.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Star for you.

Obama is far from ideal. But honestly? Republicans have nothing to offer.

I could go on about Ron Paul, and while he has many functional policies.. Most of his plans would be a disaster. That's simply reality, and most RP supports won't admit it.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

Star for you.

Obama is far from ideal. But honestly? Republicans have nothing to offer.

I could go on about Ron Paul, and while he has many functional policies.. Most of his plans would be a disaster. That's simply reality, and most RP supports won't admit it.

As opposed to the Status Quo, hows that working out for ya.
A change is as good as a holiday

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Knowing David as I do, I think I can safely say that he would agree with this completely, as do I. Neither of us are partisan. I vote for who I think is the right candidate, too, regardless of their party. I don't know why you would assume otherwise. David is clearly voting for who he thinks is the right candidate for what's important to him.

Thank you BH. As i stated earlier....i am voting for the best interest of what i think is best for my daughter. We have 2 options....Obama....or what appears to be even more war with the GOP. At least, IMO, we can expect more attempts with peace with Obama.

I'm not going to sit here as an armchair QB attacking his policies constantly. Obviously, i want to focus on our country....but the mess he was left with was enourmous....he couldn't pull all troops out instantly...no matter how much i wanted it. He has however began to bring them home....AND he's cutting military spending...ALOT.

That's an absolute good thing. We need to get the troops home...but there is a right way to do it and there is a wrong way. Obama is trying to please as many as he can...it's simply not possible for all of us to get what we want....i wish it were that way but that is simply not realistic.

There was a time I actually defended Bush for keeping our country safe after 9/11....and I hate Bush...HATE HIM.

No one can sit here and tell me that Obama hasn't kept our country safe....and he's done it while bringing troops home.....he got bin laden...he recently freed American Hostages....HE'S CUTTING MILITARY SPENDING.

Damnit guys....

He wants to let people who are good on their mortgages refinance....he wants students to be able to refinace student loans to lower rates...he wants to keep taxes "as is" for the middle class....and advocate that the incredibly well off pay a few more percentage points in taxes.

I'm sorry...but that is not evil. That's called getting # in order. It's called getting people help that were F'd by the massive corruption that took place in our corporate government.

I don't think he's evil....i think he's overwhelmed with endless BS that was left to him. You don't recover from a massive recession overnight...especially when you are demonized 24/7 from all fronts.

He's actually been a pretty strong leader....especially when it comes to our military....imo. In fact...he exceeded the incredibly low expectations i had for him years ago....we are lucky we didn't vote in McCain. We would have bombed Iran years ago...and god knows who else.
edit on 27-1-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

It isn't working? But witnessing the freak show we see with the republican party?

I'll keep the status quo.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

If a GOP was Prez right now....would any troops have came home...any at all? Everytime I watch a debate they are talking about screwing with another country...especially Santorum...WOW.

That man is flat out SCARY. I'm tired of war....I think most of us are...and that's why i understand why so many gravitate to Ron Paul.

If McCain had been elected, I'm sure the war would be MUCH WORSE! I voted for Obama for that very reason.

I also agree completely on Santorum, Bachmann, Newt, and Santorum. They all seem to be blood-thirsty, and can't wait for more war. They are scary.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

If McCain had been elected, I'm sure the war would be MUCH WORSE! I voted for Obama for that very reason. I also agree completely on Santorum, Bachmann, Newt, and Santorum. They all seem to be blood-thirsty, and can't wait for more war. They are scary.

And you see...I actually supported McCain in 2008. This is how much my views have changed. Obama doesn't shape policies to profit for himself...i truly believe that. I just don't think he's a bad person....i think he's overwhelmed to be honest....and who wouldn't be in that kind of chaos? I would be...i don't think I would ever sleep. Millions unemployed, people hungry, soldiers dying, people losing homes, etc. No wonder his hair is almost all gray....the dude looked young when he first went into office...doesn't look that way anymore.

Romney is the least scary of the candidates...but he's also someone who would shape policy based on profits.....that's the worst thing about him...he's so disconnected from the average American that he has no business running for President....at least someone like Santorum has some kind of base....to me Romney cares about nothing but business....that's all he knows....he has no idea how to relate to people like us. Santorum scares the living daylights out of me. I have nothing against religion...but policy should not be based upon it. That's a recipe for disaster...especially when it concerns the middle east. And Newt....what else is there to say other than OMG!!!!! I can't believe someone so corrupt could lead any kind of poll...let alone win a primary. He's a lose cannon....it scares me to death knowing his finger could be on the red button. He'd nuke everyone.

Just wanted to add...I have nothing against wealth...not at all...(hell I wish I had millions...who doesn't!!!!) .but I do believe those who are better off should contribute more to society. No one gets wealthy without the help and hard work of others unless they were born with a silver spoon in their mouth...like Romney. Is it his fault he was born in that kind of wealth? Absolutely not....but it is what it is.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Howdy David. Welcome back. Now go away. I kid. I can't imagine a situation where I would vote for Obama. I'm disappointd in the GOP candidates, the Tea Party candidate I liked was caught playing slap-n-tickle and stepped out.

Thank you.....i think it's good to be back.
No one has trashed me yet...

IMO...when Huntsman dropped out...you lost the only candidate that could beat Obama. He was the only rational one...and even at that he moved hard to the right after originally not being that way.

I thought he was an intelligent man...and would have been good for foreign relations....didn't agree with lots of his other positions...but he did want to draw the troops out of Afghanistan...that's a big plus.

He adopted 2 poor children from other countries...i thought that was commendable...and he showed devotion to his country despite party...also commendable.

but he's gone....I really think the GOP blew it. He might have drawn liberals away from Obama....instead you have Moneybags, flip flopping Romney who has no idea how to relate to the common joe....and that will seal it for Obama.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Even in this video, I only hear him promise to end the war. I never heard him say he would bring anybody home in 30 days. He was talking about the Iraq war and he has fulfilled that promise, I think the last of the troops got home a week or two ago, right on schedule.

Just for the record, In the port where I worked as a longshoreman for 32 yrs., we shipped out more of the military equipment used for the Iraq war than all other U.S. ports combined. We had just received our designation as a "rapid deployment" port and we were being tested. We worked 24 hrs. a day for over 3 months with over 300 laborers per shift and it still took us 90+ days to accomplish. Keep in mind that when we shipped that equipment out, it was all running and in good order. I doubt the same is true for the return trip home so I would expect one could reasonably double the time needed to evacuate the country. Only a fool would promise to remove troops and equipment in 30 days. You're grasping at straws.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

To be honest, my vote was for Herman Cain.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Didn't Obama say "Hope" and "Change you can believe in..." or something of that nature during his 2008 campaign? What if I'm hopeless and I stopped believing in "his" meaning of change?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Romney or Gingrich is a better option either but it's pathetic where we are at with our alleged choices. Obama was hand picked by TPTB in 2008 (McCain had no chance especially with Palin), he might actually be hand picked again in 2012 the way it's going...
edit on 27-1-2012 by blackrain17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by blackrain17

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Romney or Gingrich is a better option either but it's pathetic where we are at with our alleged choices. Obama was hand picked by TPTB in 2008 (McCain had no chance especially with Palin), he might actually be hand picked again in 2012 the way it's going...

Ok....TPTB.......i know all that. But....if there is a TPTB....they are obviouslyl giving us some kind of choice...are they not?

More war...less war....higher taxes for the wealthy or lower taxes....drastic cuts in spending for those who help the poor...or we can keep them in place.

There is a difference.....yes....it may be blurred but there is a definite difference.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

To be honest, my vote was for Herman Cain.

Herman Cain provided some great laughs! 9-9-9!!!! The Mad Max of the Flat Tax!!!! Really i think Cain was in to just promote his book and make some cash...never thought he was ever a serious candidate. My god though, he had some great one liners.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I think Santorum is actually richer than Romney isn't he? He said something to that effect in one of the debates. He said whatever Romney's taxes were, his were probably worse.

Huntsman was a solid candidate, and he should have had more support, but I highly expect to see him in someone's cabinet as Secretary of State. He is perfect for that job, and he will be great at it, and it will set him up for 2016 as the nominee. (Unless Jeb runs.)

I was ok with McCain for a little while, and then he showed his lack of leadership by accepting Palin without even talking to her first. That showed me he was only interested in winning, and not interested in running the country. He has since turned me off even more by supporting more Patriot Acts and NDAA, and the debt ceiling raise, etc.

I agree Obama is not the evil devil the GOP thinks he is, and I think there are some that simply don't like his race. BUT, more importantly to me, he is very weak. He caved in to Pelosi, he caved in to the racist demands for Beer Gate, he caved in to the Republicans on the tax breaks during the Debt Ceiling, he apologized all over the world for America's successes.

My problem with Obama is when I compare him to guys like Putin!! Check out that link, and imagine Obama in a room with that guy negotiating for the sake of the world. Putin will rip him a new one physically, mentally, intellectually, and tenaciously! The same goes for most of the other candidates as well. Our President should be well-respected in all arenas and extremely steadfast and capable, and we just don't have one of those to choose from. I suffer from Putin-envy, and it makes it hard to pic any of our panty-waisted nominees to lead this once-great country back to greatness.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
. You're grasping at straws.

I didnt make the claim.
Chill Dude.
Heres a speech, no editing, Obama has 7 lies in 2 minutes.
Thats pretty good.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I think Santorum is actually richer than Romney isn't he? He said something to that effect in one of the debates. He said whatever Romney's taxes were, his were probably worse.

Santorum is the poorest of all the candidates....i think he's worth 1 to 3 million.

Huntsman was a solid candidate, and he should have had more support, but I highly expect to see him in someone's cabinet as Secretary of State. He is perfect for that job, and he will be great at it, and it will set him up for 2016 as the nominee. (Unless Jeb runs.)

I agree...i think Huntsman would be a fantastic secretary of state....for any administration. I just like the guy for some reason.....he's smart. I like smart men making decision for our country.

I agree Obama is not the evil devil the GOP thinks he is, and I think there are some that simply don't like his race.

You are absolutely right. I know people who personally hate him because of this. Know i gotta go cuz old lady is yelling at me.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

but she continues to conveniently ignore the first year of the Obama administration. If you take the entirety of Obama’s term -- January 2009 to August 2011 -- the nation has lost 1.8 million jobs, which is still worse than what happened under Bush.

According to the graph, we lost over 800,000 jobs in Jan. 09 alone. Seeing how Bush was in office for 20 days in Jan. 09, I say that 2/3 of those lost jobs should be attributed to him. You seem to be doing the very same thing that you're calling out Pelosi for. Do I detect a trace of hypocrisy here?

It's bad enough that Obama has to take blame for Feb., Mar. and Apr. seeing how no reasonable person could expect a new president's policies to take effect overnight, but nooooooo, you want to lay that turd of a month Jan.09 off on him too. Please! Like I said before, I know that some of you hate facts but they are what they are and no matter how hard you try, you can't change the facts.

Originally posted by sonnny1
And then this.......Which IS indicative Of Mr. Obama's Policies,or non Policies of getting America back to work.

Another 2.6 million people slipped into poverty in the United States last year, the Census Bureau reported Tuesday, and the number of Americans living below the official poverty line, 46.2 million people, was the highest number in the 52 years the bureau has been publishing figures on it.

That's what happens when people lose their jobs, they slip into poverty. Go figure!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I too shall vote for Obama this election due to the [color=limegreen]EXTREMELY LIKELY, to ABSOLUTELY a GIVEN, possibility that another Republican in office of President would turn the country in a backwards direction AGAIN like they ALWAYS do!!!

Every time there is a Republican in office, the economy goes to hell, and the middle-class shrinks even further. Then a [color=dodgerblue]Democrat gets in and turns it around, and the idiot right-wing nuttters only reaction is that it would have happened sooner if a republican was in office.
YEA RIGHT, who are you all kidding??!!!
. Right-wing delusional folks, sadly blind!!

And the wealthy, being the so-called "job-creators"
should be PAMPERED and given everything (at the EXPENSE of the middle-class) claim the Right-wingers because this will help the economy.
The LESS the wealthy are PAMPERED, (corporate welfare) the better the economy always becomes, and the better the quality of life for the middle-class. The right-wing-nutters parrot on and on about, about these "job creators" yet [color=cyan]WHERE ARE THE JOBS???

Things are turning around, and [color=gold]if we allow another Republican in office, it will take a Democrat 20 terms to DIG US OUT OF THE HOLE NEXT TIME!!! Every time a Democrat gets in, they have to CLEAN UP a Republicans MESS. And the entire defense of the right-wingers are always based on half-truths and full lies which are laughable at best when you investigate their claims!!! It is funny observing that brainless bunch, always full of pathetic excuses when a Democrat always TURNS AMERICA back around.

edit on 27-1-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
Election Promises , I could put a lot more, these 2 sucked me in

"Within 30 days of my Presidentcy, I will bring the Troops home"

If you didn't make the claim, then what is this?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
If you didn't make the claim, then what is this?

I did say 30 days, but everything the man says is not on utube, But he did say it, 5 years ago.
In the vid I linked , he says the first thing he will do as Prez , is bring troops home.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I guess the shoe isn't tight enough yet for some people. But don't let that worry you, another term for Obama (or a first term for any one of the three stooges) and your shoes will be as tight as any Greek shoe or Italian shoe or Spanish shoe. Seems like the only people who know diddly about comfortable "walking shoes" are the Icelanders and they just threw the bankers in jail and took THEIR nice big shoes. Problem solved.

So your guy said he was going to get rid of the lobbiests who've been buying off our representatives for so long nobody remembers if we ever actually had any representation. What he didn't tell you was that he was going to give them new titles and offices with a view right down the hall from his own. Can't say he lied about it, though. Well, not exactly.

No One But Paul 2012

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join