It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello Mr. president, Abortion Is Murder! Life Begins At Fertilization! That's A Fact [snip]!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
You people are silly even discussing the issue. The fact is, people are going to argue over this for a long time. There will never be a consensus until we are over 100 years out, when social conservatism loses. The future always ensures that that social conservatism loses (mostly). So, while we're in the here and now, just learn to disagree peacefully without calling the President or your fellow board members awful names.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I would send him a letter of support, just to counter the OPs letter.. If I was an American.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
AGAIN!

Didn't you like the outcome of the anti-Obama thread you posted yesterday on this very same subject?

I reiterate my opinion. I applaud Obama for standing up, especially during an election year, for women's right when it comes to reproductive rights!

You may say abortion is immoral, but I disagree that it's murder! When life begins is up for debate. The woman's right to have a say over what is going on with her body is her choice and HER choice only!

I'm sick and tired of your pretense of moral high ground and insults to people who disagree with your opinions. Your opinions are not fact and are not supported by the vast majority of Americans or of medical research.

Stay out mine and my daughters uteri!

Hear Hear I second this -- though I am a man and really don't have any say in the matter. It is strictly a woman and her doctor - no one else's business.

Kudos to a brave president!
edit on 25-1-2012 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I agree that strictly biologically speaking, human life begins at conception.

But human life without functional brain does not deserve protection.

Why should it be in any way immoral to kill embryos and braindead people?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

People should seriously stop banging their heads against walls, or deliberately raking up this issue.
PRO-LIFE Vs PRO-CHOICE

Instead perhaps focus on a PRO-DEFINING *WHEN* ABORTION IS ACCEPTABLE.
I agree that it's perhaps too easy especially here in the UK for women/teens to get doctors to sign them over for an abortion, but I think THAT is the issue that should be addressed, not whether women in general have the right or not.

tl;dr
Tighten regulation, and question whether in all cases it's really nessecary, but don't run around screaming 'MURDERER' at people whose situations you know zero about, should they choose to go ahead with it.
edit on 25-1-2012 by Deplume because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Dearest windword, I have not taken a moral high ground I have taken a stand on morals period. This is my letter to Obama and he is the one I have attacked no one else. As far as opinions go, this is not my opinion this is backed by facts! If you don't like the facts that life begins at fertilization, then take it up with the American Bioethics Commission.

The only personal thing I will say to you, is stop being so selfish! Think about your own daughter. Perhaps if these choices were not available then we would place a higher value on human life..

Pax

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
So abortion is murder. So what? Society makes decisions all the time about what murder is appropriate and what murder isn't. We go to war and kill innocent people. We limit aid and support to starving people so they die. We kill convicted adult murderers. We quietly let old people die in hospice. And in this case, society (as represented by its lawmakers) have decided abortion is okay.

So there's no need to debate when life starts or ends or any of that other nonsense. It's irrelevant. The only relevant thing is what the law says. And if you don't like the law, work to change it. Good luck, though. Americans like abortion. If you don't like it, you're in the minority. There have been attempts in the past to eliminate it, and they have failed.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
reply to post by KilrathiLG

I encourage any member of ATS to read what Roe vs. Wade REALLY says. It says life begins when a baby is born. That means during the second and third trimester that "thing" you feel inside of you, is NOTHING.

How very sad, and I just may try to get Roe vs. Wade repealed!

Pax

I personally believe that life begins a the moment of conception....I believe that is when the soul and spirit of a human being begins.

I personally have been pregnant and have a wonderful son. I found out I was pregnant when I was 6 weeks along...and I could feel the soul connection between me and my son...even then.

I have never gotten an abortion....but I can understand where their might be circumstances...where some women would...for instance...if a girl is raped by a male relative and becomes pregnant as a result...that could be a reason.

Even though (to a certain extent) I understand some of the reasons why...I personally couldn't do it. However I am fortunate...that in my family are no perverts.

When the baby is inside of the mother...and she has an abortion...it is legal...but if she killed the baby after it was born..it is called murder. Now I am asking...what is wrong with this picture?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Deplume

has there ever been a case where a woman was called a murder and then sued the people making those claims for slander and defamation? or does it not work like that?im ok versed in the law but slander and what not is way over my legal knowlege base

link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

My child is my affair! My stand is about protecting the future women in this country.......I personally don't care what you do with your own body, but I feel a responsibility to protect the unborn innocent whom have no voice!

Pax

link   
reply to post by Deplume

Agreed..well said

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

I applaud the fact that you have the courage to state your convictions. Not only was your thread logical and reasonable but you also had the evidence to back up your claims which is not something that I find too much on ATS these days anymore. It's gone from evidentiary science to wild unsubstantiated speculation. I would have to agree with your viewpoint OP. You are going to get a lot of heat for this thread because you are able to back up what you are saying but you shouldnt let them get you down. Stand firm and "Be the Change." Remember, Truth is truth regardless of public opinion. It is all that remains before the tide of time.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
the question i've always wondered is.. why when someone murders a pregnant woman is the person charged with the murder of the unborn child but the mother who decides to get an abortion, it's ok? anyway.. my opinion is i feel there's definitely circumstances, in my own thinking if i was in the woman's situation, that i could see abortion as an option, i'm a dude though and don't think i could decide this option myself but i'm not a woman and Thank God i would never have to deal with this struggle so not sure why anyone else but the woman would make or stop that woman from deciding this for herself. i absolutely hate to know babies are being killed in this way but it's not up to me and it's not me who will have to live with this decision for the rest of my life. all i can say is.. 23 years ago my wife had a "tubal pregnancy" (The baby (fetus) cannot survive, and often does not develop at all.) and to this very day there isn't a minute that goes by that i do not think of what could have been and like i said i'm a guy and can't imagine what goes through a woman's mind making a decision like abortion. if abortion is legal why not assisted suicide? not technically the same but you get my meaning.

link   
at the end of the day you can't blame the president. he just handed women the gun. it's the women who conspire with abortion doctors and pull the trigger.

saying that, the government has every duty to honor and enforce the declaration of independence: everyone has a right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

the act of abortion is denying thousands every year that right.

link   

If life begins at fertilization, and life should not be taken.....what about the murder of plants for food? They are living.

Just because something has life does not always mean that it is "alive".

Abortion is and should always be a personal choice.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If you want to split hairs, sperm cells are one celled living creatures and, therefore, every time a guy masturbates, he's killing thousands of them.

So, unless the Supreme Court outlaws self love by men, the should stick to governing over those that are breathing air.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye

If life begins at fertilization, and life should not be taken.....what about the murder of plants for food? They are living.

Just because something has life does not always mean that it is "alive".

Abortion is and should always be a personal choice.

Wow, seriously. You're equating plants with people? Interesting approach.

As for the topic and people asking her to quit posting, I say stop reading. If you don't like a topic, don't read about it.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
If you want to split hairs, sperm cells are one celled living creatures and, therefore, every time a guy masturbates, he's killing thousands of them.

So, unless the Supreme Court outlaws self love by men, the should stick to governing over those that are breathing air.

And when you do that, God kills a kitten as well.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
So abortion is a personal choice well the one getting murdered isn't making a choice.

Roe v wade is the law to murder but murder(war) is immoral!

The left really should be agianst abortion just think how many millionaires and billionaires you can tax 99% or how many people will be enslaved to social programs or how many people could vote Democrat.

But the again thanks to Margaret Sangers work population control of less desireable citizens they use to call that eugenics.

Today they call it hiding behind women' rights then they say they don't want Government in their personal lives but have no problem getting in personal lives themselves.

If roe v wade was the standard to live by then any other issue would be the same but it's not.

Call it what it is murder.

Edit to add:

This topic is insane the issue is insane the left will fight tooth and nail for a fish,a bug, a plant a tree but when it comes to a fetus oh hell no.

Pathetic.
edit on 25-1-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMar

What makes people valuable, as opposed to plants?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join