It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Aussie flag on car 'more racist'

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jace26
reply to post by AussieDingus

For your information, I am a very proud Australian. But I'm stuck at home today since its raining where I am. So what if people dress up with crappy merchandise for a day, thats just part of the fun isn't it?
I only pointed out Lifecitizens apperent apathy toward Australia day and the Oi Oi Oi chant, which I responded to by saying your entitled to your own opinion. To which she then stated that I should grow up?!
Wow real mature.
Happy Australia Day

Well if we are all entitled to our own opinion as you just claimed, then why do you seem to want to argue with anyone that doesnt share your same opinion and making false claims of racism when you have no other back up !
Yep, very mature !

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieDingus

For your information, I am a very proud Australian. But I'm stuck at home today since its raining where I am. So what if people dress up with crappy merchandise for a day, thats just part of the fun isn't it?
I only pointed out Lifecitizens apperent apathy toward Australia day and the Oi Oi Oi chant, which I responded to by saying your entitled to your own opinion. To which she then stated that I should grow up?!
Wow real mature.
Happy Australia Day

Well if we are all entitled to our own opinion as you just claimed, then why do you seem to want to argue with anyone that doesnt share your same opinion and making false claims of racism when you have no other back up !
Yep, very mature !

Its called a debate, you respect my opinion and try to change my opinion via showing me evidence that contradicts otherwise and vice versa.
Sorry to tell you, but you are wrong again. I did not make up any claims against Lifecitizen nor you that you were racist. I think your talking about Meathed?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

You accused me of using a racist term 'bogan', if you accuse someone of using a racist term, which it isnt but we've already been over that, then isnt that basically calling them a racist, as only a racist would use a racist term, hence the word racist ! And its a bit hard to have a debate with people that make such accusations, then try and back track !

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I am Australian. I have to say that Australians with an anglo background think they are the only true Aussies. They complain about everything, they are some of the most racist people. They don't care about the plight of the Aborigines the true people of the land. They think that because a couple of distant relatives fought in a few wars they are more deserving of this country,

Isn't it funny how they pick and choose what part of their history they choose to acknowledge, not the one of slavery, brutality and racism on the basis of white superiority, destroying one of the oldest cultures in the world and still think that anyone that is not of this Anglo-white background isn't really Aussie. Yet when i ask, what makes me a wog and you an aussie? its the distant relative that fought and died in war?

Heck, my family has been here for generations, worked our whole lives never received any help from the government work hard and still get called a wog. Isn't that funny that a 2nd generation german co-worker calls me a WOG and says that we should all # off back home??, another anglo co-worker agrees to this notion, just because someone is white with blond hair doesn't make them Aussie.

With the same passion, i hate people who do not work because of laziness (not those who WANT to work but struggle to find work), i feel like a TRUE Aussie, regardless of any race, cultural heritage or ancestry is the hard working citizen that contributes to this country. One that knows there is nowhere in the world like Australia.

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!

edit on 26-1-2012 by steevanie because: autocorrect

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror
The wide brown land for me!

Dorothea Mackeller

I am an Indigenous Australian, and I love my Country. Too much focus is put on the tiny amount of Radical Aboriginal Protestors who call this "Invasion Day". We need to let go of the past, but the mainstream media does all it can to Divide and Concur", just take a look at Yahoo7. Every nationality is pitted against each other. Aboriginals, Lebanese, and Africans share the "Boogyman" spotlight at the moment, previously in the 60s, 70s and 80s it was the Greeks, Italians and Vietnamese. A divided population is much easier to control than a united one. Proud Irish/Aboriginal.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
We here in the UK we can’t fly the St George’s cross without the police banging on the door and asking us to take it down!! Makes to sick to the bone!! If I want to fly our flag with pride I will. So I hung the flag out a 2nd floor bedroom so they can’t reach it, and I just don’t answer the door if they knock. The thing that bugs me is that it gets reported by our Muslims invaders! They have the cheek to REPORT it!!! grrrr.. Makes my bloody boil!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I might be Australian, but this is the only flag I'll ever salute.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

For the horde!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

Not really, I don't care about race. I care about people repeating non-facts and perpetuating them as such. Deny Ignorance, and you're not doing that

Did you even watch the video you linked? I already addressed that in my last post (if you would actually read the things I linked then and watch the video that YOU you linked, you would know that you are wrong) which is what I have the problem with.

The video you linked said that the humans in Europe and Asia inter-bred with Neanderthals AFTER leaving Africa (what I said in my last post). Watch and read the things you link, it just makes you look foolish.

Your own sources argued me right lol

By comparing that genome with those of various present day humans, the team concluded that about 1 percent to 4 percent of the genome of non-Africans today is derived from Neanderthals. But the Neanderthal DNA does not seem to have played a great role in human evolution, they said.

But the new analysis, which is based solely on genetics and statistical calculations, is more difficult to match with the archaeological record. The Leipzig scientists assert that the interbreeding did not occur in Europe but in the Middle East and at a much earlier period, some 100,000 to 60,000 years ago, before the modern human populations of Europe and East Asia split. There is much less archaeological evidence for an overlap between modern humans and Neanderthals at this time and place.

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 1/26/2012 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/26/2012 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

reply to post by Jace26

You accused me of using a racist term 'bogan', if you accuse someone of using a racist term, which it isnt but we've already been over that, then isnt that basically calling them a racist, as only a racist would use a racist term, hence the word racist ! And its a bit hard to have a debate with people that make such accusations, then try and back track !

Read what you just wrote and honestly tell me what you think.

I didn't accuse you, you yourself used the word "bogan" in many posts, so I didn't accuse you therefore your logic that I am somehow racist by "accusing" you is ill fated.

No, I stated that the term "bogan" is a negative stereotype which denigrates white Australians, in that regard in is somewhat of a racially villifying term.
Since you were the only one to have used that word, at me to be precise, that makes you not only a hypocrite to what you have just wrote here but also by your logic a "racist".

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLKMJK
reply to post by InfoKartel

You MUST be joking. Every race has every right to take pride in their culture and not be scoured for the sins of their fathers. Taking pride does not necessitate superiority and anyone who thinks so has an obvious distorted perception.

If your proud te celebrate it then call it anglo saxon or nazi day, don't call it "australia" day because your implying the whole country should celebrate when your excluding the original inhabitants.

If you find it acceptable or not up to you... But its racist and degrading.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I saw this thread on the mainstream news website. It seems like we are no longer an independent country, we are a country of many races and breeds. Our rights to patriotic flag holders and liberty lovers in a free and open society is coming to an end.

Dont be fooled, They surveyed a few hundred people to get a few hundred results. However psychologically they are trying to break your will to uphold our flag on this day. Stay strong Aussies.

[
removed]
edit on 2/2/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by steevanie
I am Australian. I have to say that Australians with an anglo background think they are the only true Aussies. They complain about everything, they are some of the most racist people. They don't care about the plight of the Aborigines the true people of the land. They think that because a couple of distant relatives fought in a few wars they are more deserving of this country,

Isn't it funny how they pick and choose what part of their history they choose to acknowledge, not the one of slavery, brutality and racism on the basis of white superiority, destroying one of the oldest cultures in the world and still think that anyone that is not of this Anglo-white background isn't really Aussie. Yet when i ask, what makes me a wog and you an aussie? its the distant relative that fought and died in war?

Heck, my family has been here for generations, worked our whole lives never received any help from the government work hard and still get called a wog. Isn't that funny that a 2nd generation german co-worker calls me a WOG and says that we should all # off back home??, another anglo co-worker agrees to this notion, just because someone is white with blond hair doesn't make them Aussie.

With the same passion, i hate people who do not work because of laziness (not those who WANT to work but struggle to find work), i feel like a TRUE Aussie, regardless of any race, cultural heritage or ancestry is the hard working citizen that contributes to this country. One that knows there is nowhere in the world like Australia.

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!

edit on 26-1-2012 by steevanie because: autocorrect

Firstly, not all Australians with an Anglo background think they are true Aussies.

Secondly, one of those "distant wars" was actually fought in Australia during WW2, Battle for Australia.

Thirdly, when you refer to slavery I must assume you mean the white slaves (convicts) that built the country in appalling conditions.

Fourthly, the Indigenous culture hasn't been destroyed, in fact Aboriginal culture is recognized all over the world.

Fifthly, I have to congralutate you on your persistence on being Australian. In my eyes, if you love this country, and would defend it, you are undoubtedly an Australian. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

4. We are proud that we have tamed this land (As much as any human can against mother nature)

7. We are proud we have given full support to our British & American allies in any war they have participated in. It's about the pride not the fighting in wars. It's about we stood by our allies even if many did not agree them we were still there! Australians are loyal to the death!

OK. As its requisite to "deny ignorance" on this forum, I'll say this:
If that's the way you roll, so be it, but you do not speak for me when you say "We". I will speak for myself.

I am not against Mother Nature and I believe this land has been decimated more than it has been tamed.

I did not give my support to any foolish participants in any war. In fact, I opposed them as I beleive them to be duped by a dinosaur industry that peddles evil and nothing else.

I also believe that conservative "thinkers" are now a minority in this country and thanks to immigration, will be rendered obsolete in the not too distant future.

Happy Survival Day.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

And despite me not making one racist comment, you have twice called me a racist. And to use your words, those who scream out racist are usually the most racist. Your words just came back to sting you mate

Technically he is correct, you did use a racist word. "Bogan" is used to denigrate European people in a similiar way as "chink" is to an Asian person [/quote

And theres your own words Jace, you're agreeing with meathead in saying bogan is a racist word, therefore you are implying that i'm a racist for using it. You can't imply someones using a racist word then try and say you're not calling them a racist. And i was using the word in the Australian context of a bogan, so the Eurpoean example has no reference here. The proofs there in you're own writing, but you can deny it all you want for the sake of a reply. Not a very smart way to conduct a debate !

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

And i was the one that said it was a stereotype at worst, but how does that stereotype exist in Australia ??? By the actions and behaviours of the poeple who act and behave in this manner which gives the stereotype a reason to exist in the first place. If bogans didnt do what bogans do, then the stereotype would just be empty words. And people such as yourself seem to want to defend this behaviour and then try to argue the point, and all i've done in this thread is point out the stupidity of that behaviour and how it portrays a negative image for the rest of Australians, is that such a hard concept to grasp ????

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

And despite me not making one racist comment, you have twice called me a racist. And to use your words, those who scream out racist are usually the most racist. Your words just came back to sting you mate

Technically he is correct, you did use a racist word. "Bogan" is used to denigrate European people in a similiar way as "chink" is to an Asian person [/quote

And theres your own words Jace, you're agreeing with meathead in saying bogan is a racist word, therefore you are implying that i'm a racist for using it. You can't imply someones using a racist word then try and say you're not calling them a racist. And i was using the word in the Australian context of a bogan, so the Eurpoean example has no reference here. The proofs there in you're own writing, but you can deny it all you want for the sake of a reply. Not a very smart way to conduct a debate !

Actually, this only works to my advantage, since it only proves you used the word. Like I said time and again, a "bogan" means a flag-wearing European Australian. However, since it applies only to Euro-Australians (white) then it is a negative, racially villifying stereotype. In other words "racist".
A "bogan" is only used in Australian references anyway, I have never heard of it used in Europe.
Your move.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

My apologies, a "bogan" isn't just referring to a flag-wearing Euro-Australian. It is somewhat I guess used to label white Australians.
Behaviour may be connected to it. But by that logic I could say all black people are n----- because they may dress with sagging pants and a backwards hat.\

Behaviour has nothing to do with it in reality, its nothing more than a term used for white Australians.
A negative stereotype.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

I'm sorry Jase, but when did i say i didnt use the word. The term bogan is NOT racist and in this case, is not being referred to your European example. You were the one saying it was a racist term, therefore calling me a racist which is a blatant lie. You asked where you said it, i just showed you but you want to come back again. If you're going to continue to conduct yourself in this way then i have nothing more to say to you. Thats not having a debate, thats being childish because you didnt get your way ! I cannot believe that it has turned into all this when simply stating that bogan behaviour is nothing to be proud of, and only paints a negative image to the rest of Australians. An image you seem to want to defend and try and argue at all cost. If you still think that classes as being racist then i really do feel sorry for you and can only hope your ignorance on the subject will one day show you the stupidity of your arguement. This is my last reply to your so-called arguement, good luck with the rest of your life. But just remember the ATS motto.............deny ignorance, but you seem to want to embrace it

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Mainstream Media and Talkback Radio are the ones spreading Fear and Hate. It's gotten to the point of Mass Hysteria. Aboriginal/Indigenous Australians have always been the focus of Fear and Hatred by the likes of Alan Jones, Australia's anwser to Rush Linbaugh. There is also the "Muslim Boat People Invasion" propoganda that opposition leader Tony Abbott uses to scare the bejesus out of "Little Old White People.

Turn off your televisions or scaremongering talk back radio, and talk to us. You will find that we share the same Hopes and Dreams, Love and Heartbreak, Pride and Patriotism, Cathy Freeman and Ian Thorpe brought pride to Black and White, Yellow and Brown Australians.

Don't let this hatefull, fearmongering, media make you think that you can't show your (our) flag because its a so called racist symbol - Rubbish. Indigenous Australian's have stood shoulder to shoulder with our white brothers in WW11 and Vietnam. Little is known about the Aboriginal Divisions who defended Northern Australia when we were under threat from the Japanese.

[This is one Aboriginal/Irish/Australian who is very proud of our flag.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join